Survivalist Forum banner

Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up

10K views 58 replies 48 participants last post by  sonya1 
#1 ·
#9 ·
These Davos morons honestly think the disenfranchised classes are going to view them as different/separate from the political class??

They'll suffer the same retribution as the political classes will, one that even their remote airstrips and farms won't protect them from..

#17 ·
super rich..mega yachts, some, like Oracle's Larry Ellison (Tony STark wannabee) have entire islands now..

guys like that will have the resources to deal with locals, even zombies...but when the Navy or Coast Guard pulls up to the dock...wanting the logistical resources, etc...game over.

course most of us will be long gone, eaten by infected zombies by then so we won't get to gloat, but still..nice to think about Bill Gates hitting the Restart button on his mouse cause he hasn't got a trigger to pull

#26 ·
Some of the responses were truly funny! :D: Thanks, I needed that today.

^^^ This is about the only use I have for the "paparazzi." When the super rich and well-connected cannot be located to have their photographs taken wearing the latest styles/wearing little-to-nothing/"out for Starbucks" :rolleyes:/having a swim on the French or Italian Riviera/handing a large check to their favorite charity/blah-blah-blah, it's absolutely time to put one's plans on the front burner to activate according to whatever the crisis may be.

Reactions: TENNGRIZZ
#29 ·
This is no different from a middle class person buying rural property and having a home built on it to start a homestead for when TSHTF. The only real difference is the details. How much property, how far away, how will you get there, etc.

I don't see them in a negative way for this. They're doing exactly what I am trying to do and for the same reasons. It's just that I have to make money and save, and they already did that part.

Maybe some of them need to become SB members. I mean, they sound like preppers to me. Just rich ones. And I remember back when being rich didn't mean you were automatically a bad person for it.

#31 ·
"Panicked super rich buying boltholes with private airstrips to escape if poor rise up"

OK...so now we are bagging on the rich preppers?

Lets reword this:

Panicked non-rich normal citizens buy prepping gear and BOV's (while wishing they had planes and private airstrips) to escape to a BOL if the masses rise up.

If we word it that way, it sounds kinda normal around here, doesn't it?

#32 ·
Agreed, whether rich or poor, prepping makes sense. If the wealthy persons intend on participating with everyone else in the re-building process (if the "event" is a true TEOTWAWKI), fine. If the wealthy persons intend to merely isolate themselves, letting the "everyone else" re-build, then re-appearing when things are "semi-normalized"/law and order restored, then, yes, I have a problem with that.

Those that "own tropical islands" for their BOLs can stay there for the rest of their natural lives as far as I'm concerned. Everybody can do something: carry water, plant seeds, weed, hoe, dig, sew, knit, weave, tend the fire, feed the chickens and rabbits. I have zero use for people whose sole purpose in life is to be decorative.

#38 ·
...let em go to their private islands.. makes it easier to find em..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.