Pictures of your bug out retreat/permanent wilderness shelter - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mtn Wilderness Survival Retreat Experiences with 60 + pics Mtnman Mike Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 1127 10-27-2019 09:59 AM
Construction & Pictures Of My Retreat BOL (UPDATED TODAY) Salt-N-Pepper Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 48 08-25-2014 08:42 AM
A Real Wilderness Retreat Akita Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 08-18-2013 07:00 PM
Illinois Wilderness Retreat Project! ForrestSpaceModule Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 02-26-2012 09:51 AM
Longer term wilderness shelter.... Metcalf Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 44 02-11-2012 07:03 AM
Camping in/Working on Semi Permanent Shelter DreamCatcher Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 7 03-02-2011 01:39 AM
fireplace in a semi permanent wilderness shelter, any luck? Psyclops DIY - Do It Yourself 35 02-13-2011 07:41 PM
SHTF, you need permanent shelter, but how? FallingHawk Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 60 02-06-2011 09:37 AM
Pictures of my bomb shelter :-) hippytreehugger4ev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 44 01-20-2011 08:48 AM
Long-term survival. Wilderness and rural retreat. Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 0 07-22-2009 10:56 PM

Old 01-19-2011, 02:46 PM

Default Pictures of your bug out retreat/permanent wilderness shelter

Advertise Here

Please post pictures of your retreat projects, I am currently working on one myself and will post pics asap.

Cant wait to see what you all are working on!
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
I love this forum

I will post them as soon as I get some but Im working on burying a 20’L x 8’W x 8’6”H freight container for about 900 bucks, then im going to insulate the entire thing with 2 inches of Styrofoam boards. Then I'm going to bury it in the Mountains of Nor Cal. in an undisclosed location.

But I have no pics,
Old 01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
old hand

Thanked 6,384 Times in 3,015 Posts
Default My spot

Looking toward the place from the county road.
... you can see the house directly below my palm.

Take the nickel tour here:
https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=59967
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0538.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	42258  
The Following User Says Thank You to ex-hunter For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 23,837 Times in 4,805 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclops View Post
Please post pictures of your retreat projects,
Cant wait to see what you all are working on!

As many around here know, I dislike showing or telling anything about my remote mountain retreat

Although probably no one on the internet has shown more pics of their retreat / BOL and bunker aka underground storm, fallout and storage shelter, than I have.

I have 6 pic threads but I won't give the links to the ones with the photobucket pics, right now, since the bandwidth is almost exceeded. In a few days the bandwidth will reset and I can give those threads.

But my homepage has 2 pages of pics as well as these two threads with many pics, that are not photobucket pics >

The 2nd long pic thread showing my survival retreat and bunker > https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=52880

and my 3rd pic thread with more than 60 pics and in post #5 is the excellent survival retreat/BOL Checklist > https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=84562

I know my bunker and retreat are not expensive or fancy but they are located in an excellent survival area with an abundance of wood, wildlife and water. And in a very beautiful and remote area.
Anyone can ask me anything and I will answer, eventually.

Here are a few pics in case some won't click on the links I gave >

Roof of the bunker showing layers. This roof is made of 3 layers of logs, cardboard on top, layer of sawdust, sheets of plastic, layer of newspapers to protect the plastic then layer of dirt, then heavy tarp, more newspapers, much more dirt and rocks, soil on top and I have 4 kinds of grasses, raspberry bushes etc. growing on top >

Showing finished roof with grass on top with a dead tree also for more camo, stovepipe, plywood covered window etc. >

Close-up of concrete roof and stovepipe >

Back trap door showing 3 foot thick rock and concrete roof. Took 250 eighty pound bags of concrete mix to make the concrete roof. >

Here is a good view looking down on my private dirt road which this pic was taken only a few feet above my bunker on the hill side. >

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,267 Times in 539 Posts

Here is my little place I built 2 years ago out in the bush on a little lake down in Texas.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Incoming For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 08:01 AM

Default My BOL Shelter

My BOL in the Kiamichi Mountains of Oklahoma.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	campgriz4.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	100832  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Explorer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 07:22 AM

Very nice!