Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 06-08-2020, 01:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,698 Times in 3,015 Posts
Default The Legend of Boggy Creek - Remastered

Advertise Here

Earlier this evening, I learned that the 1972 Bigfoot movie "The Legend of Boggy Creek" was re-released last year, in a newly-remastered format. Apparently, all previous VHS and DVD releases of this movie were unauthorized and were derived from as much as 3rd generation copies. Thus, they were of generally poor quality.

However, in 2018 the daughter of the movie's director acquired the rights to the movie and she also located an original 35mm print of the film. It has now been digitally re-mastered and is available for online rent or purchase:

The Legend of Boggy Creek, Remastered

I remember my brother and I seeing this movie at a Saturday matinee when it first came out, I would have been 9 years old at the time. Scared the crap out of me...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrettTheOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,171 Times in 3,989 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettTheOkie View Post
Earlier this evening, I learned that the 1972 Bigfoot movie "The Legend of Boggy Creek" was re-released last year, in a newly-remastered format. Apparently, all previous VHS and DVD releases of this movie were unauthorized and were derived from as much as 3rd generation copies. Thus, they were of generally poor quality.

However, in 2018 the daughter of the movie's director acquired the rights to the movie and she also located an original 35mm print of the film. It has now been digitally re-mastered and is available for online rent or purchase:

I remember my brother and I seeing this movie at a Saturday matinee when it first came out, I would have been 9 years old at the time. Scared the crap out of me...
I watched this 6 or 7 years ago. I've got an overactive imagination. I didn't sleep well that night.
The Following User Says Thank You to dealfinder500 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2020, 09:42 AM

My dad took me and my brother to see this when I was a kid. I was maybe 10. We saw it at the drive in. Then he sent us to get popcorn and when we were coming back he ducked down in the car, then popped out and scared the crap out of us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purplelady For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 4,373 Times in 1,210 Posts

Scariest movie ever made!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jlrhiner For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 12:07 AM
Survivor

I finally got a chance to see the re-mastered edition of the Boggy Creek movie. It's probably been about 15 years since the last time I saw it, but the video did seem much clearer and crisper than what I remembered.

I also watched on Amazon Prime this recent update to the Boggy Creek story. It was very well-made and in it they talk to some of the people who were involved in the original story, back in the early '70s. They also re-visit some of the locations featured in the original movie:

Boggy Creek Monster: The Truth Behind the Legend

One of the take-aways from this new video is that in the original movie they imply that all of the activity stopped in the early '70s. However, the locals say that it never really has, even after all these years.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:14 AM
Prepared

It was my first "date" movie with my seventh grade sweetheart.

She broke up with me not long afterwards. I guess she saw the writing on the wall...lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to se'kunchance For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 11:45 PM
Survivor

I watched another one of the shows by the same guy who did the Boggy Creek revisited show, mentioned just above.

This one was called "The Bray Road Beast" and was about a series of sightings of what was claimed to be a Werewolf, or a "Dog Man", if you prefer. They used the term interchangeably. This place is located in southern Wisconsin.

Pretty frightening stuff, real or not... I wouldn't want to be caught out there alone at night.
Old 08-07-2020, 11:37 PM
Survivor

Watched another one of these episodes, "The Beast of Whitehall". It's another Bigfoot-type monster, in New York State.

THe Beast of Whitehall

It was alright, but to me not as interesting as the Boggy Creek revisited episode.
Old 09-14-2020, 07:48 PM
Gatorbait

Sorry to burst your bubble but "Boggy Creek II: And the Legend Continues" is the true classic
Old 09-14-2020, 08:43 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,210 Times in 421 Posts

Quote:
I watched another one of the shows by the same guy who did the Boggy Creek revisited show, mentioned just above.

This one was called "The Bray Road Beast" and was about a series of sightings of what was claimed to be a Werewolf, or a "Dog Man", if you prefer. They used the term interchangeably. This place is located in southern Wisconsin.

Pretty frightening stuff, real or not... I wouldn't want to be caught out there alone at night.
Elkhorn,Wi to be exact..an hour or so away from me...on my bucket list to cruise down Bray RD some evening (heavily armed ..heh heh)
Old 09-14-2020, 11:31 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 36,627 Times in 10,398 Posts

Is that the 1 where there's a couch in front of a big window with kids or adults sitting on it and he slams his arm through it and swings it back and forth?

I seen several of those shows when I was a kid. This show i'm talking about scared me so bad my nose started bleeding. Which generally happened if I got the crap scared out of me. Hasn't done it since I was 14 and my dad took me to the dr and had him cauterize the inside of my nose.

Yea, that was fun.

You know, I just realized something. I wonder if that's the reason I can't hold my breath under water unless I keep my nose pinched shut or smoke comes out of my nose when I take a toke and hold my breath? Never thought of that before. But then again it could be the result of a broken nose too. I dunno, it's 1 of those possibilities.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:03 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but "Boggy Creek II: And the Legend Continues" is the true classic
Well, if you're going to go down that road, then the Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff on "Boggy Creek II" is truly the greatest classic of them all. No matter how many times I see it, I still lmao over it.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:05 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoka-hey View Post
Elkhorn,Wi to be exact..an hour or so away from me...on my bucket list to cruise down Bray RD some evening (heavily armed ..heh heh)
Yeah, you would not catch me wandering around that area on foot after dark...
Old 09-15-2020, 06:06 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
Is that the 1 where there's a couch in front of a big window with kids or adults sitting on it and he slams his arm through it and swings it back and forth?
Yep, that's the movie.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:57 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 36,627 Times in 10,398 Posts

Quote:
Yep, that's the movie.
I thought so. That made such an impression on me from that 1 movie that I have never had a chair or couch in front of an outside window with my back to it ever. Same while visiting friends and family or sitting in a chair in a restaurant. Nope, not me.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 12:01 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
I thought so. That made such an impression on me from that 1 movie that I have never had a chair or couch in front of an outside window with my back to it ever. Same while visiting friends and family or sitting in a chair in a restaurant. Nope, not me.
It definitely made a lasting impression on me... I'm not even sure if I had ever even heard of "Bigfoot" before that movie.
The Following User Says Thank You to BrettTheOkie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 10:18 AM
Gatorbait

Quote:
Well, if you're going to go down that road, then the Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff on "Boggy Creek II" is truly the greatest classic of them all. No matter how many times I see it, I still lmao over it.
I've watched it multiple times; it's one of their best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arch Stanton For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 06:22 PM
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 11,440 Times in 4,402 Posts

Quote:

My family went to see it when it came out. I was like, 11. I loved it then. I love it now!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dragunov For This Useful Post: