Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-31-2020, 05:13 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,810 Times in 615 Posts

Advertise Here

They have no idea. The virus could peter out like SARS1 .. which seems most likely, or it could mutate into a 100 different strains all doing different nasty things to people. They have absolutely no idea. Maybe they do know, and just aren't telling us.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to film495 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 06:59 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,810 Times in 660 Posts

We should just appoint Sturgeon as Prime Minister, and cut out the middleman. She seems to be deciding policy. Just see what she announces, wait three days and it becomes policy for England, too. God rot her.

The reluctance of the teaching unions to go back to work will accentuate the divide between private and state schools. That's a real pity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 07:07 AM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 12,274 Times in 2,597 Posts

A month or two ago the US was at 60-70k cases a day. We've now declined into the 30k range. This is a decline, not a spike.

And the UK has less than 2k cases a day.....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2020, 07:25 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,593 Posts

Isn't this the type of care you get with Socialized Medicine?

A friend in Montreal had a guy fixing her plumbing, who had a heart attack around noon one day. She was told the ambulance would be delayed so she put the guy in her car and drove two three hospitals until someone told her the between 1100 and 1400 it was lunchtime for the docs and on one would look at him until after that. He survived, but God knows how.

Ya'll shoot straight and stay safe.

WW

WE ALL WANT TO BE FREE, BUT VERY FEW OF US WANT TO BE BRAVE. FOR ALL OF US TO BE FREE, A FEW MORE OF US, ESPECIALLY NOW, MUST BE BRAVE, AND THAT'S THE HISTORY OF AMERICA

K. R. Carleson - Navigator B-24J
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wldwsel For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 11:01 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,847 Times in 2,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry-no-clues View Post
We should just appoint Sturgeon as Prime Minister, and cut out the middleman. She seems to be deciding policy. Just see what she announces, wait three days and it becomes policy for England, too. God rot her.

The reluctance of the teaching unions to go back to work will accentuate the divide between private and state schools. That's a real pity.
Nicola is just ahead of the curve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Trapper

Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY

Sorry peeps but i am not a great fan of the NHS either.

When it works its supposed to be fantastic, but I have yet to have that personal experience . All i ever meet working there are not the nice ones.

Personally I strongly believe all GP's should be kicked up the backside and the money there BUSINESSES, cream cut back.

I support the ambulance staff, fire and police, i don't support the RNLI but i do support the Severn crews, Air ambulances should be fuel vat free. Any of the mountain rescue peeps are utter hero's too as well as the many other supporting groups.

But once you step inside the hospital/GP surgery, four walls, my support stops.

All the covid 19 stuff has done to me is expose the monstrous waste and corruption and terrible management.

Sorry but if i had my way i would rip the NHS to pieces and rebuild it and very very few staff would keep their jobs and EVERYONE would have their work publicly examined and exposed as good, bad or indifferent. How about that inept manager truly being publicly exposed for the idiot that they are.
The Following User Says Thank You to hedgerowpete For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 09:21 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,810 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
I do know the father-in-law of my son's rugby coach, who was diagnosed with cancer in January, his treatment was delayed by Covid, and now they're looking for a hospice because it's now too late to treat him and save his life. Think I dislike the NHS? You should talk to them.
He died yesterday. Should have had an appointment in March, but it was delayed by covid. When they finally saw him a month ago, his cancer was terminal. They couldn't move him towards the end, so he stayed in hospital, where visiting times are one person for 45 minutes, twice a day. He died alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 07:33 AM
Trapper

Location: The original Birmingham, Engand, or as we call it the BLACK COUNTRY

Quote:
He died yesterday. Should have had an appointment in March, but it was delayed by covid. When they finally saw him a month ago, his cancer was terminal. They couldn't move him towards the end, so he stayed in hospital, where visiting times are one person for 45 minutes, twice a day. He died alone.
A very common issue,we lost mum to cancer this year due to refusal to continue with the chemo she was on. went from a high survival rate to her grave. I still see no reason why the oncology ward was closed other than to move staff else where and then let the patients die
The Following User Says Thank You to hedgerowpete For This Useful Post: