Bradley Manning aka "Chelsea" is being tortured in prison--support group claims - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hillary Clinton¯s pollster Benenson Strategy Group says she is tanking; Trump support Watchingtheweasels Political News and Discussion 50 10-30-2016 07:58 PM

Old 03-25-2019, 01:55 PM
The Power of the Glave

Thanked 6,646 Times in 1,455 Posts
Default Bradley Manning aka "Chelsea" is being tortured in prison--support group claims

Advertise Here

A group calling itself "Chelsea Resists!" claims that Pvt. Bradley "Chelsea" Manning "is being tortured in prison":

https://www.alternet.org/2019/03/tor...y-confinement/

"She" is being held in 17 days in solitary, for refusing to answer a grand jury's questions.

My take on all this? It's bad enough that Manning betrayed government secrets.

But what I find really jarring, are the people in the article who insist on calling a man as "she". A man who was a U.S. army soldier, to boot.

I wonder what Patton would have thought of all this?

Sorry---but "Chelsea" is still a male. Physically and genetically. He's got Y chromosomes in every cell in his body.

If you look at this picture, you can tell that "she" even has a trace of five-oclock shadow.

The article quotes a certain "Juan Menendez, U.N. Special Rapporteur on Torture", as saying:

“Chelsea is a principled person, and she has made clear that while this kind of treatment will harm her, and will almost certainly leave lasting scars"

The guy already thinks he's a woman. How much more screwed-up can he get, FCOL?

Commentator Michael Brown nails this thing perfectly:

There was a gay private in the army who gained access to a cachet of nearly one million secret military documents. When his gay lover broke up with him, he was depressed. So he decided to download and release these documents, likely costing the lives of our men and women on the field.

He was tried and convicted of crimes against the state and sentenced to 35 years in prison. However, while in prison, he insisted he was actually a woman, not a man. Eventually, the government paid for his sex-change surgery, after which the president decided to commute his sentence. After which he was hailed as a national hero and did his first TV interview, now as a woman.

Last edited by zooeyhll; 03-31-2019 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Quick reply to this message
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zooeyhll For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 17,226 Times in 3,667 Posts

They say the suicide rate among transgenders who complete the surgical procedures is about 40%. That means there's about a 40% chance the problem will go away on its own.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,671 Times in 1,133 Posts

dont do stupid stuff that lands you in prison
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to francessanne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:15 PM
The Power of the Glave

Thanked 6,646 Times in 1,455 Posts

A sex-change "operation" isn't medicine.

It's MUTILATION!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zooeyhll For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by francessanne View Post
She didn't show up because (s)he was denied permission to bring council.
Personally I'd tell a commitee to pound sand in similar circumstances.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DWwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,913 Times in 5,323 Posts

Meh.

If he wants to be a she I seriously do NOT care. I also do not care if somebody pierces their eyebrow or whatever. It is not my life and I have real stuff to worry about.

OK, inside I will always regard Chelsea as a man. But he can live his life as he wishes. And he can call himself anything that he wishes.

As for the guy who was depressed after a breakup with his lover, straight guys get just as depressed when they break up.

I agree with some of the Libertarian beliefs in that some things are none of my concern. And I seriously don't care if he wants to be called Chealsea
The Following User Says Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 05:10 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,771 Times in 19,834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by francessanne View Post
What she did wasn't stupid. The public needs government whistleblowers. I wish there were more. WHY she did it is stupid and disgusting.

As for this latest thing; refusing to testify in a secret court without the benefit of counsel is not exactly outraging me.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 PM
Smile..wait for the flash

Thanked 2,458 Times in 755 Posts

I think the govt paying for this BS surgery makes me almost as mad as the possibility of our soldiers in the field being killed due to his/her/whatever releasing military secrets.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLED For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 05:36 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 41,530 Times in 9,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Terri View Post
Meh.

If he wants to be a she I seriously do NOT care. I also do not care if somebody pierces their eyebrow or whatever. It is not my life and I have real stuff to worry about.

OK, inside I will always regard Chelsea as a man. But he can live his life as he wishes. And he can call himself anything that he wishes.

As for the guy who was depressed after a breakup with his lover, straight guys get just as depressed when they break up.

I agree with some of the Libertarian beliefs in that some things are none of my concern. And I seriously don't care if he wants to be called Chealsea
I got a problem with it!

I don't like queers or trannies but the gubermint says I have to put up with them. This is in direct conflict with both my religion and how I was raised

So goes life!

My problem is this: This dude released classified information, who knows the damage he may have caused others. I know if that had been me when I was in the Marine Corps, I'd probably just now be getting out after 35yrs.

On top of everything else, the taxpayers paid for his stupidity

I hope he does commit suicide.......he's a traitor as far as I'm concerned
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Hunter/Survivor

I have a problem with Bradley aka Lil Brad having disgraced the uniform of a US soldier by stealing classified information and later divulging the same for his own crooked demented purposes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluesman60 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 06:07 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 36,071 Times in 14,252 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 
Total Awards: 1

During my career, I handled a lot of classified materials. Some of it got my pretty upset. 'disenfranchised' was the proper term at that time. But I was also 3/4 through my career and getting near to pension eligibility. It was pointed out to me, the consequences of the options that were before me. I could have tried to release some of that to the public, and I would have gone to prison, or I could have kept my mouth shut and hated the US government and gotten my pension. I got my pension.

Sadly even after these 'leaks' nobody cares and nothing has changed.

I have nothing against this guy for releasing the materials that he did, he is paying for that.

As for the 'gender dysphoria' [which is what it was called for decades] 1 in about every 100,000 humans has gender dysphoria. It is not a big crisis for our society. Everyone is NOT doing it. This guy will never reproduce, so the genetics will not carry on. It is a natural way for our gene pool to clean itself. Gender dysphoria will never become wide spread. It is not contagious, it can not spread, so I do not see the reason for anyone to get their panties in a twist.

Last year a young couple moved into our town, about 7 miles from my farm. They are remodeling an off-grid one-room cabin. The wife [Jaye] is into survivalism, she has been attending women's only survival workshops over the winter. One of our mutual friends introduced us. Jaye is transgender. Apparently she finished the surgery before they got married. They attended a potluck that I hosted last night. If you did not know she used to be a guy, you could not tell. But then again, she does not hide it.

I am having problems with my hormone therapy for my cancer, I have had some conversation with Jaye about her hormone treatments and side effects.

They are not 'evil'. This young couple living here in our town, and much like all the other posters of SurvivalistBoards. I might even invite her to come join us, but I am not sure if other posters here would be nice.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 06:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,112 Times in 6,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
What she did wasn't stupid. The public needs government whistleblowers. I wish there were more. WHY she did it is stupid and disgusting.
Let's be clear on one thing: *She* is NOT a she. *She* is a HE. Biologically and genetically Bradley Manning will always be a male. I don't give a damn if he underwent a cutitoffame, got breast implants and is overdosing on estrogen. The facts still speak for themselves. He is still a male.

Under no circumstances will I ever refer to him as a her. His actions put the lives of troops at risk. He's lucky he wasn't executed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 06:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,565 Times in 2,529 Posts

All he has to do is testify and he'll be a free man.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Let's be clear on one thing: *She* is NOT a she. *She* is a HE. Biologically and genetically Bradley Manning will always be a male. I don't give a damn if he underwent a cutitoffame, got breast implants and is overdosing on estrogen. The facts still speak for themselves. He is still a male.

Under no circumstances will I ever refer to him as a her. His actions put the lives of troops at risk. He's lucky he wasn't executed.
That's your decision. Kind of a ****ish decision though. Like if somebody kept referring to you as the opposite gender no matter what you wanted to be called.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,596 Times in 517 Posts

Wait, I thought he got iff in the end. He is actually doing time?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:39 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
She was sentenced to 35 years, but Obama commuted her sentence, shortening it so now she will be released in May. But yes, she's in prison.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:50 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 32,498 Times in 7,835 Posts

I barely care, but only so much as we need to get a handle on this nonsense. This mental disease is usurping common sense in America. And it's costing tax payers a LOT of money.

The real daily victims are:
* Tax payers stuck with sex change operations and hormone treatments and more
* Girls and women, forced to compete now in sports with biological men. Girls and women are losing as commonly reported.
* Victims of crimes in bathrooms.
* Sanity in America, when folks are forced to yield to insanity.

How can anyone take anything as intellectually honest from the mouths of those who cannot figure out which BIOLOGICAL gender someone is? It's well-settled science, afterall... If I implant wheels on my legs I'm not a bicycle. Doing mutilation or taking hormones or being preferred to be called the other sex does not make it so.

Manning betrayed the nation and should be in jail for his term, but for the pardon he would be. I'm not very sympathetic to his issues.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 PM
MyPrepperLife

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
Maybe you're thinking of Edward Snowden? He escaped to Russia and is still there.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:21 PM
MyPrepperLife

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,873 Posts

Those of you who are dissing people with gender dysphoria need to realize it is not a laughing matter. A person in my family, now deceased, was gender dysphoric. It is a real thing.

Nobody chooses to be gender dysphoric. It's a congenital abnormality, like a cleft palate or a club foot.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MyPrepperLife For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 09:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,927 Times in 7,521 Posts

The thing I do not understand about suicide watch is who wants to watch?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post: