Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 05-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Libertarian Cop

Thanked 3,688 Times in 883 Posts
Default #NeverHillary

Advertise Here

It's seems some misguided "conservatives" have super-glued themselves to the #NeverTrump fad. They say it's because they're soooooo conservative that they can't bring themselves to potentially harm the Republican Party by supporting a New York liberal like Trump.

So help me with this deeply flawed logic. Wouldn't 2 possible terms of Chairman Clinton do more harm to all parties involved than Trump ever could?

Are these "conservatives" just being intellectually dishonest? Sour grapes maybe?

Doesn't #NeverHillary make more sense?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to xtra fox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Deplorable and 3%

Thanked 25,500 Times in 5,381 Posts

IMO, yes. #NeverHitlery makes more sense.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darthmuerte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Sic semper tyrannis.

Thanked 19,611 Times in 5,796 Posts

RINOs will be showing their true colors.

Such as Ben Howe, editor of the conservative Red State blog.

Hillary will now be pandering to this demographic.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to escape For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,888 Times in 3,202 Posts

Anyone that would think H. Clinton is a better choice than Trump is a closet dem but hasn't come to realize that fact yet. Ever since she was fired from Watergate investigations, not to mention all the shady dealings and server-email problems, how could she be trusted?

It seems that some of the republicans are more worried about upsetting their gravy train and political position than trying to help the country. They said "give us congress" and we did. They said "give us the Senate, we need it to stop Obama" and we did. They did nothing but give in, as to not be racist. Now the republicans are crying "foul." Too damn bad. Grow up and fight Clinton now, or do it later when they come for your property.

I've lost respect for the republicans, reasons are many. Crybabies.....
Old 05-04-2016, 11:15 AM
that's like, your opinion

Thanked 24,329 Times in 10,074 Posts

you know how we can keep hillary from getting elected....

everyone throwing support behind the libertarian candidate..... almost 45% of the country now identifies as independent... if all the independents and all of the GOP folks vote for the libertarian candidate, hillary will get blown out of the water in the general election.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mefunkymxw For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,720 Times in 19,820 Posts

#NoneoftheAbove.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Wait . . . when was the Republican party Conservative in their actions again?
Old 05-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 32,505 Times in 7,855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
#NoneoftheAbove.
That could very well skew the whole election. I have heard people say they will NOT vote for hillary just as there is a No Trump movement also alive and well. This election may well have very little voter turn-out for both sides. If that was to occur it would be an indication of how fed up voters are with both parties.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,720 Times in 19,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
That could very well skew the whole election. I have heard people say they will NOT vote for hillary just as there is a No Trump movement also alive and well. This election may well have very little voter turn-out for both sides. If that was to occur it would be an indication of how fed up voters are with both parties.
Currently, there is nothing on this Earth that could make me vote for Trump or Hillary. I can't imagine what could change my mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 11:43 AM
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Thanked 32,088 Times in 7,660 Posts

I won't vote for open borders, so Trump it is. He's far from perfect, but he comes down on the right side of a number of issues I care about.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Currently, there is nothing on this Earth that could make me vote for Trump or Hillary. I can't imagine what could change my mind.
One thing that could get me to vote for Trump, like him or hate him he does bring people's attention to politics.

So, even if he is an absolutely horrible President, on par with Hillary, we have the slim hope he might bring more people's attention to the office of President, Congress and our government in general.

There are those who typically ignore politics, but Trump has 'grabbed' their attention.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,214 Times in 942 Posts

#alwaysconstitution
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nkawtg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I said the same thing in 2012. Nothing could have made me vote for either of the two in that election. Yeah... I hate romney that much.
I'll just say I think hillary is the most evil person who ever ran for president and she will almost assuredly be a candidate. I'll take anyone over her. It is time to do something. Short of voting for Trump who has the possibility of beating her, I can't come up with a better plan. Throwing away a vote now can have very bad consequences. Not that my one vote really means anything in CT.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,382 Times in 6,678 Posts

Just another reason the GOP needs to be destroyed. Hopefully DT winning the election will help do that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Survivor

The GOP and the Democrats both have played a game of power. Neither did much that was good for the country. It was winning to stay in power and manipulating things so they themselves made money and gained more power. Neither side cares for the people. The people are simply the audience they mislead and lie to. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone- the halls of DC are corrupt. There are politicians I wouldn't go out of my way to have the chance to spit on. They are liars and criminals.

It's the so-called establishment where both sides play the same game and screw the citizens. Anyone who may rock their nice little gig is feared. Both sides think they can work with hillary since she is definitely part of the establishment. Trump scares them since they aren't sure what he may actually do.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,516 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
RINOs will be showing their true colors.

Such as Ben Howe, editor of the conservative Red State blog.

Hillary will now be pandering to this demographic.
Absolutely. Trump and Sanders have stirred voter outrage against both party establishments . . . but they've also made those establishments aware of their common interests. Moderate/RINO Republicans and corporatist/New Democrats have much, much more in common than divides them (hell, even Obamacare, the signature "liberal" accomplish of Barry-O's regime was originally RINO Uncle Mitten's health care plan in Massachusetts).

It is very good to see so many Americans reach clarity on what a disaster both parties are for the nation, but it's also a moment of extreme danger at the prospect of RINOs and New Dems doubling down on joining forces (since they already collude). America and the American public has been losing out fight to that alliance for a couple decades now, if we lose the fight now that most people are aware there is a fight . . . that may be the real end of the Republic.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HorseSoldier For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 01:26 PM
I like memes

Thanked 17,620 Times in 4,223 Posts

The only people that have harmed the republican party are the republican establishment and the republican leadership in Congress. Add to that the republican Consultant/Industrial Complex. For the last 25 years they've been nothing more than democrat light. And I'm not really sure about the light part.
The only thing conservative about republicans anymore is their support of the Second Amendment. And that will change as time goes on. Count on it.
On most other issues the two parties are two sides of the same coin. Both are selling this country to the highest bidders. Both want open borders.Both pay nothing more than lip service to the constitution.

The never Trump people are just showing their true colors. Let them vote for Hillary.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blank102 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 01:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,441 Times in 2,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefunkymxw View Post
you know how we can keep hillary from getting elected....

everyone throwing support behind the libertarian candidate..... almost 45% of the country now identifies as independent... if all the independents and all of the GOP folks vote for the libertarian candidate, hillary will get blown out of the water in the general election.
Identifying as Independent, like my brother, really means 'Swing Voter for the 2 party system'. It's my observation that people want to identify as independent because it makes them believe that they are not stuck in any one rut and actually care about issues. In reality, a lot of self proclaimed Independents would never vote for a third party.

1992 saw the last time an Independent even had a chance, IMO. After Ross Perot split the Republican Vote and Clinton became president with only 43% of the vote, I don't think enough people would vote Independent again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swen_out_west For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 01:41 PM
I like memes

Thanked 17,620 Times in 4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swen_in_ca View Post
Identifying as Independent like my brother really means 'Swing Voter for the 2 party system'. It's my observation that people want to identify as independent because it makes them believe that they are not stuck in any one rut and actually care about issues. In reality, a lot of self proclaimed Independents would never vote for a third party.
But a lot of us do actually vote Third Party. You are correct that many don't. But maybe they do care about actual issues? At least some?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blank102 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,441 Times in 2,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank102 View Post
But a lot of us do actually vote Third Party. You are correct that many don't. But maybe they do care about actual issues? At least some?
Didn't want to ruffle feathers, thus why I was careful not to say all. But I would be safe to say that of the 45% who identify as independent, less than a quarter of them would actually vote for a third party. Even Perot, who was a strong Independent Candidate, only got 18.9% of the vote.

I could be wrong, but that's just my observation over the last 24 years.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swen_out_west For This Useful Post: