Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving to Romania - Can I bring my guns? t5222rm Firearms General Discussion 21 11-23-2015 09:09 PM
Hello from Romania herpi New Member Introduction 17 08-04-2013 06:19 AM
what guns are you taking? jeepmanjim Firearms General Discussion 23 05-23-2013 01:21 PM
Obama taking executive action on guns after Senate vote Alpha-Zombie General Discussion 37 04-21-2013 11:24 AM
Taking guns home from War Thewaker43 Firearms General Discussion 63 05-18-2012 12:32 AM
Law-Abiding Mexicans Taking Up Illegal Guns MSC58 Urban Survival 40 02-08-2012 02:47 PM
Hi from Romania. yipsilon New Member Introduction 28 10-19-2011 10:38 AM
Sign the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey, stop them from taking our guns! patriot101 Firearms General Discussion 20 08-17-2011 02:32 AM
when will they start taking our registered guns away in ohio? mustlive_23 Firearms General Discussion 26 03-05-2010 11:04 AM
Taking our guns? 308 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 3 02-21-2009 05:07 PM

Old 02-24-2014, 09:10 AM

Default Taking Guns to Romania

Advertise Here

Does anyone have experience or knowledge about bringing guns from Canada/United States to Romania? I'm planning on moving to Romania this year and I would love to get some information on how to legally bring my guns so I can go hunting in Romania. Thanks
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,017 Times in 3,611 Posts

DIDNT you post this awhile back ?? why not just call customs. or lookit up on the net ???
Old 02-26-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie1 View Post
DIDNT you post this awhile back ?? why not just call customs. or lookit up on the net ???
Yes I did, but didn't see any feedback in the old thread I piggy backed off of so I typed the question again as a new subject. (Forgive me as I'm still learning to navigate the forum.) That said, I did get some good suggestions about a week later from people.

I have looked numerous times BTW on the internet to no avail. Romanian regulationss/services are not anything like the accessibility we have in the US. I also went in person to the police department in Bucharest (they were no help - they said it was impossible) as well as the Consulate in Romania (which told me to go online WTF).

That said, posters on this forum suggested I talk to the Romanian Consulate in the United States (which I didn't even think of) as they will have more information and be much better informed. This good suggestion I will be following.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 08:07 PM

I'm guessing that would be a NO.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:22 PM
PPG flyer

Thanked 3,930 Times in 1,402 Posts

No you can't take yer guns to Romania,you might be told yes, do bring them, only to be set up and spend yer life in prison.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,067 Times in 4,568 Posts

Don't bring them there. Go here and bring some back!
The Following User Says Thank You to 240Geezer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2014, 04:05 AM

You can bring your guns to romania but you need to bring all the papers/licenses with you and you need to have booked a hunt beforehead and notify the authorities beforehead (not sure about the last point). but usually, if you book a hunt, the firm where you ook takes care of all the paperwork on the romanian side. all you need to tell them is what, when and where you want to hunt.
I've been bear hunting with germans, deer hunting with some spanish dude etc. it's not different for US cinizens.
Hunting here is not like in the us, where u pay some tax, take the rifle from the locker and go alone in the woods.
Here you need to go to the woods in a hunt organized by some authorized to do it (be it state or private) and you need to be accompanied by one or more of them.
My wife worked for a company who sells forest fruits and organizez brown bear hunts, roedeer, and about anything thats legal for hunting here.
im not a hunter myself but have been as a german translator for german hunters, as a part time job a couple of times.
I even helped an old hunter carry his old 8x68s steyr trough the customs at the romanian airport because he was like 80+ years and it was too heavy for him. no problems with the customs, they ask about how many shots you fired and where the cases of the bullets are (doesnt matter, i kept like 3 of them as a memory of the hunt and they didnt ask me where they are). they count your bullets, inspect your papers and you're off to the airport.

hope it helped.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM

Thanks Bereciucas,

Do you have any suggestions on hunt clubs around Bucharaest or Brasov that you would recommend?
Old 03-03-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5222rm View Post
Thanks Bereciucas,

Do you have any suggestions on hunt clubs around Bucharaest or Brasov that you would recommend?
Nope and I don't want to recommend the guys i know since it would be a subjective perspective. I do not know if they're the best or worst. I can however look into it but more likely at the end of the week.