Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canner ran out of water (bad word, bad word) heartland Food and water 9 01-06-2017 09:47 PM
Things people actually said in court, word for word! imgottie Jokes, Humor & Music 17 10-28-2016 09:19 PM
Advertisers take note!!!! homelandsecurityham Site Information & Suggestion Box 27 10-04-2014 03:20 AM
Private sellers how do you get your prices? ammit Firearms General Discussion 22 02-05-2012 05:38 PM
Wow, this word wasn't auto edited... see last word shag Political News and Discussion 5 10-05-2009 02:54 PM
More Advertisers Pull Out from Beck's Show sunny225 Political News and Discussion 30 08-25-2009 07:36 AM
Hot Sellers In The Recession stonecypher Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 25 08-11-2009 06:11 PM

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 39,303 Times in 7,852 Posts
Default A word to advertisers and sellers

Advertise Here

First: Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kevin and I am the owner of this site.

If you want to advertise on this site, then that means you must have something for sale. This site has a range of options to help you promote your business. Here are the guidelines for advertising your site and products.

1. There is a merchants account available to resellers. The cost is $50 a month.

Merchants are able to post threads in the For Sale section.

2. If a member ask a question about something, (like a water filter) and you sell it, merchants are allowed to link to the product at their store - this applies site wide.

In other words - If a member wants something, then sell it to them.

3. Merchant forum sections are by special arrangements only. Buying a merchant account does not entitle you to your own section.

If you want your own forum section, the cost is $100 a month. For more information about obtaining your own forum section, please send an email to ads @ survivalistboards.com (remove the extra spaces in the email address)

See this link to sign up for a merchants account - https://www.survivalistboards.com/payments.php

The goal here is to keep the site as advertising free as possible, but if someone wants to shop, they can find the information quickly.

If you have any questions or comments, please post them in this section.

Members that promote their business without a merchant account will be treated as if they were posting spam.

Last edited by jfountain2; 08-03-2016 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Update - removed chat room info since theres no chat room...
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I was young 50 years ago

Thanked 33,172 Times in 12,497 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTactical View Post
As I understand this, it is still ok for merchants to have an account just to read through the forum and discuss topics, just not to post links or promote their products correct?

We prefer to be more a member of the community than just an advertiser. (not to say that we wouldn't be in the future)
Anybody can be a member of the forum, including merchants. Anyone advertising on the forum without being an approved merchant is considered a spammer and is banned as such.

If you want to be a merchant follow the rules in this thread and get approved by Kev, as a merchant you will be able to post links to your store and post in threads like regular members.

Read the rules. Follow the rules. Be nice to each other.
Post in the proper section. Stay on topic. Post useful accurate info.
Send me all your unsigned, not cashed in, winning lottery tickets
Old 07-19-2015, 02:27 AM

What if you just have a couple of I teams to sale how do you do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Peas and Carrots!

Thanked 132,091 Times in 31,035 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder/scout View Post
What if you just have a couple of I teams to sale how do you do that?
Are you a business or just a person with a couple of things you need to sell?
Old 08-30-2015, 02:37 AM

Hi... I too am curious. I have two very lightly used backpacks that I am looking to sell. GREAT packs, but they are unfortunately collecting dust in my closet and deserve to be getting used.

What do I need to do in order to sell these two packs? I'm just a guy - not a business. I've hardly posted anything nut I've been enjoying the monster thread about creepy outdoors experiences!

Thanks!

Dave
Old 08-30-2015, 04:00 AM
Peas and Carrots!

Thanked 132,091 Times in 31,035 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David904 View Post
Hi... I too am curious. I have two very lightly used backpacks that I am looking to sell. GREAT packs, but they are unfortunately collecting dust in my closet and deserve to be getting used.

What do I need to do in order to sell these two packs? I'm just a guy - not a business. I've hardly posted anything nut I've been enjoying the monster thread about creepy outdoors experiences!

Thanks!

Dave
You have met the minimum post count to use the Classified Ad section provided by the forum. Private persons (not businesses) who have met the five post minimum can post free advertisements in the Classified section.

To locate the Classified section - If you are looking at the top of the forum, directly above the dark colored " SURVIVALISTBOARDS.COM Shop at Our Store' line you will see two rows of quick links to different options on the site. One of them, on the second line is 'Classified.'

You can list your item there in the appropriate category and include photos of your item. If you need any help, reply here or start a thread in this section with your question. Someone will be glad to help you get your ad listed.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:48 AM

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:18 AM
VIP Member

Hey Kevin. Killer board, by the way. I've gleaned a lot from hanging out here.

As you probably gather, I'm part of the ReadyMan guys (one of the founders.)

We're launching a new app called the Plan 2 Survive as part of our membership. It's an incredibly-thorough and totally-customized planning tool that we're pre-releasing to our membership.

I'd love to beta-test it for free among your subscribers and viewers. I'd like their input. They're typically mean SOBs, but they're definitely smart and thoughtful. I'd offer to issue a number of access codes to board posters who'd like to beta-test, comment, add to it (and then keep their access for free.)

My thought was to post an invitation to message me on a couple of the more popular categories.

Your thoughts? (And thank you for hosting this great space.)
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

Oh, and I'd love to get your input on the Plan as well...
Old 01-07-2016, 06:07 PM

Kevin and mods,

Thanks so much for this site - I'm brand new and already learning a ton....clearly lots more to uncover as I keep clicking around and reading. Glad to have found this page to ensure I follow site policy. I run business development for a San Francisco company that develops and supplies family/household-level clean drinking water supplies. Our main product already shows for sale in the survivalistboards.com site. I'm here to learn and share as much as possible in the water and all-around prepper/survival space, and I'd, of course, love to discuss what we do at the company I rep.

Am I allowed to ask for product reviewers and/or how can I be in touch with you about having our product reviewed here on the forum?

Thanks again and I look forward to contributing and looking into a merchant account.

All the best,
Jason
Closed Thread