Gerber == Rubbish? - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Knives, Swords & Axes Survival knives, multi-tools, gerber, buck, cold steel, leather man.....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gerber Bear Grylls vs Gerber Gator cmilli97 Knives, Swords & Axes 10 03-28-2013 10:41 AM
Sears and rubbish. J.c Higgins 22 lr.? xBOOMSTICKx Rifle Forum 8 02-06-2013 06:19 PM
Dutch unleash intelligent robot bins: No ID, no rubbish oxi Controversial News and Alternative Politics 7 09-15-2012 04:24 PM
Rubbish Garbage Challenge Purdy Bear Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 08-13-2012 05:16 AM
rubbish fruit bolder British Isles and ROI 24 02-03-2011 02:54 AM
Waste and rubbish disposal... OPSEC countryboy123 General Discussion 3 10-25-2010 12:57 AM
Garbage/Rubbish Disposal Purdy Bear Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 6 10-21-2010 11:03 PM
Heavy duty rubbish bags.... Rosesandtea British Isles and ROI 2 02-02-2010 10:43 AM
Rubbish Araldite Australia and New Zealand 7 05-12-2009 04:40 AM

Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,296 Times in 538 Posts

Advertise Here

I'm sure some get good results from Gerber but for me, I've never had anything from them that I'd stake my life on. I use my knives - a lot. The best results I've had have been with Spyderco and Benchmade - but that's just me.

The last Gerber product I got (my wife bought for me) is the camp axe. I wanted an Eastwing but hey, she was nice enough to surprise me with a camp axe so who am I to complain. Well - first weekend out camping, first piece of oak to split for the fire - the blade chipped.

If you've had good luck with Gerber then go for it - for me I won't be buying any more of their products.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
In need of an adventure

I own a LMF-II, a 1990's multi-tool, and a Gerber sport ax that I think are good quality. I also a have a Suspension multi-tool that is junk. In regards to the suspension I think the $10 Walmart tool would be of equal quality. The Gerber flashlights are also garbage. I had several of the keychain size lights (can't remember the name) that quit working soon after purchase. I have 2 of the Infinity Task lights. One is older and is great the other is newer and junk. The Gerber customer service is as bad as their quality control.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,847 Times in 1,898 Posts

I have a gerber folder that I got in 1982. I took it to the field a couple times but found that I never used it. Works fine though.

I also got one of those Gerber multi tools. One of the rivets popped out but it still works well. At some point (probably soon) it will fail. I have mechanically able buddy that knows something about knives. He might be able to fix it.