VA / WV--- Looking for serious group. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-07-2019, 07:14 AM

Default VA / WV--- Looking for serious group.

Advertise Here

Hello.
I am planning to move from Maine end of 2020 to either a very rural part of VA, specifically Highland county VA, Bath Coutny VA or possibly Rockbridge county VA and also very interested in Pendleton County WV, Monroe County WV, Greenbriar county WV, Pochahontis county WV. Well if your a map person you get the point. They are pretty much all abutting counties if you were to draw a circle.
SO it would be really great if I could find a group or familiy that is preparing as I will be starting fresh with people there.
We are very well prepared in all ways for our stores and well would be bringing a group size stock of all typical preps with us. Won't say more till we get to know each other.
We are a chirstian familiy of 4. Married couple 39/38. With two boys 16/9.
We have lived off grid down in the woods for 13 years and have many different skills that people just don't have these days.
If you are interested we can go into more details in private. But know this from the start, if your going to be secretive or OPSEc reasons I do understand, but info is two ways. Don't expect me to share and you to say nothing about yourselves please.
I am interested in a group or family that is very serious and actively preparing and even training together.
I am not interested in a group with a bunch of problems or people that are mentally unstable or with other major issues.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel8 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Concerned

Thanked 1,602 Times in 531 Posts

I am fairly familiar with those areas, more so the WV side than VA. Out of all of them I prefer Monroe Co. Greenbriar is very nice and I lived there for a few years, but its probably the most left leaning of them all (except there is a very nice shooting school in Alderson).

Private message me if you want to talk more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel8 View Post
Hello.
I am planning to move from Maine end of 2020 to either a very rural part of VA, specifically Highland county VA, Bath Coutny VA or possibly Rockbridge county VA and also very interested in Pendleton County WV, Monroe County WV, Greenbriar county WV, Pochahontis county WV. Well if your a map person you get the point. They are pretty much all abutting counties if you were to draw a circle.
SO it would be really great if I could find a group or familiy that is preparing as I will be starting fresh with people there.
We are very well prepared in all ways for our stores and well would be bringing a group size stock of all typical preps with us. Won't say more till we get to know each other.
We are a chirstian familiy of 4. Married couple 39/38. With two boys 16/9.
We have lived off grid down in the woods for 13 years and have many different skills that people just don't have these days.
If you are interested we can go into more details in private. But know this from the start, if your going to be secretive or OPSEc reasons I do understand, but info is two ways. Don't expect me to share and you to say nothing about yourselves please.
I am interested in a group or family that is very serious and actively preparing and even training together.
I am not interested in a group with a bunch of problems or people that are mentally unstable or with other major issues.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:08 AM

Thanks Doc. You didn't really say if you had a serious group...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Wayfinder

Pochahontis county WV, ehhh? Be aware that the National Radio Quiet Zone at Green Bank WV is there, and for many miles around it no cellphones use or other tranmitting electronics is permitted. Within a few miles of it no microwave ovens or even non-diesel vehicles are allowed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 08:49 PM

I am aware of the quite zone.
Also the bunker under the hotel in Greenbriar owned by I think the governor.
It's a great area all in all.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel8 View Post
I am aware of the quite zone.

Also the bunker under the hotel in Greenbriar owned by I think the governor.

It's a great area all in all.
Yup. Guv Jim Justice owns the Greenbriar. I've been on the bunker tour. It's decommissioned now but I decided while on the tour that there are plans to put it into use if needed. I could tell by the walk around the place that we were seeing only a small part of it.
I have friends in Monroe county. It is beautiful around there and is on my short list of areas to retire to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 09:20 PM

Default Interested also

I ran across this post while researching information on the NRQZ. I have been considering relocating to this area in WV from southern Ohio for a few months. I am curious to know if land and small home prices are reasonable within the WV counties mentioned, if there is any work available to make enough income to live a minimalist lifestyle, what the general cost of living is, what the crime may be like in these areas, the general mindset of the population in this area related to freedom, liberty and respect. Do people in this area tend toward being left or right (although I do not like the terms and contrived division but it serves to get an idea of the mindset)? Is there at least a semi-established survivalist, self-sustaining
community in this area?
I apologize if too many questions but any information and advice is greatly appreciated.