Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ashen Horse Update Bret F Books, Movies & Stories 8 06-15-2019 03:49 PM
U.S. Energy Dept balks at Trump request for names on climate change woodzman Political News and Discussion 56 12-22-2016 09:23 AM
trade war starting with Climate Change? Justme11 General Discussion 27 11-21-2016 02:29 PM
Mountain Man you out there? : ) MayDay Books, Movies & Stories 12 10-26-2016 07:07 PM

Old 11-21-2019, 10:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,429 Times in 3,582 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Survivalist View Post
I DO know how things have changed in the forests and the glaciers on my trips from Puget Sound to Alaska's Glacier Bay, and there are many dying forests in Canada and a lot smaller glaciers. So if there is not warming causing glacier's recede, I sure can't figure out what's doing it. And I don't think it's Hilary with a hairdrier.
Has it ever occurred to you that trees die because of disease and pests also?

Just pointing that out.

As for glaciers, they have come and gone throughout earth history. Why does anyone care anyway?

I would care about global warming, IF it was real. If there was any sort of measurable and consistent trend in any real location where people actually lived and it could be verified by independent groups of people. There is no such place and no such data.

Go back about um...300 pages or so on this endless thread and read my comments again.

I am still waiting on some real data showing there is any warming. It certainly isn't warming HERE. Neither was it warming in Florida when I lived there. Even in Europe with their recent summer heat waves it is not consistently warming. They have a few warm years and then a few cold ones. Just as always.

Weather fluctuates because of jet stream location and earth rotation, sun activity and such. And, the weather idiots have no idea what the jet stream will do or why. All they can do is measure where it is currently located.
Things weather idiots cannot do:
predict weather accurately, even 1 day in advance
predict when and where it will rain even a few hours in advance
predict when and where a hurricane will form
predict where exactly it will go even a few days in advance
predict when the first snow will occcur
predict when the next El Nino will occur

So you REALLY trust these people to predict what the climate is going to do in 20 years????

I think some fortune tellers probably have a better track record than these people
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,424 Times in 709 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post

Just pointing that out.

As for glaciers, they have come and gone throughout earth history. Why does anyone care anyway?

I would care about global warming, IF it was real. If there was any sort of measurable and consistent trend in any real location where people actually lived and it could be verified by independent groups of people. There is no such place and no such data.

Go back about um...300 pages or so on this endless thread and read my comments again.

I am still waiting on some real data showing there is any warming. It certainly isn't warming HERE. Neither was it warming in Florida when I lived there. Even in Europe with their recent summer heat waves it is not consistently warming. They have a few warm years and then a few cold ones. Just as always.

Weather fluctuates because of jet stream location and earth rotation, sun activity and such. And, the weather idiots have no idea what the jet stream will do or why. All they can do is measure where it is currently located.

So you REALLY trust these people to predict what the climate is going to do in 20 years????

I think some fortune tellers probably have a better track record than these people
I "PREDICT" that one note johnnie is going to tell you that there is a difference between weather and climate.

Never get between and apostle and his religious cult.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Militant Normal

Thanked 19,036 Times in 6,487 Posts

Glaciers recede when there isn't enough snow falling at their head to feed them. And that is usually because the weather has been too cold, not too warm. Cold air can't carry enough moisture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Militant Normal

Quote:
Sounds like you find your scientific studies from Alex Jones on Infowars.
At this juncture, Alex Jones is more likely to carry accurate reporting on climate than CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/WaPo/Guardian/et.al.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 AM
Militant Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Terri View Post
Have you heard that scientists are looking at Einsteins work again? Because, science is never settled.
Yes, and they keep finding more evidence that proves the validity of Einstein's theory.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,899 Times in 7,500 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like you find your scientific studies from Alex Jones on Infowars.
I do not know who Alex Jones is except that name pops up not and then.

Your ad hominem proves you reading comprehension is low and you have no idea how the think logically even when disagreeing.

I will say again. I get all my data from NOAA. I trust NOAA's data more than most posting here. Note NOAA shares a lot of studies but is careful not to endorse manmade global warming or climate change. NOAA does this for peer review.

It is a fact using NOAA's data starting in 1895 and tracking the northern magnetic pole's movement and weakening the correlation equation is temperature change + 1.28 times - 48.88 with an R-squared value of .91.

Remember an R-squared value of 1.0 is a perfect correlation. R-squared value of 0.0 is no correlation what so ever.

The correlation between temperatures and all greenhouse gasses is 1.53 + 49.3 with an R-squared value of only 0.365.

Now using only CO2 the multiplier is only 0.0187 + 44.77 with an R-squared value on 0.365. Note CO2 and total greenhouse gases correlate at the same very poor R-squared value. But CO2 has very little effect compared to all greenhouse gases.

Now you can cite all the floating ice changes and ebb and flow of ice masses, hot and dry here, foodie there, etc. you like but that is only proof the earth changes.

So while you name call and boast about science your post prove you know nothing.

Prove I am wrong. Prove magnetic field changes and temperature do not correlate. I first noticed this because movements of the southern magnetic field and changes around Antartica. That is why I studied what was going on with the magnetic field. Plus I like magnets. Likely have a larger magnet collections than all that post her combined. When I started with temperatures and greenhouse gasses it was to find the truth. I use NOAA when many of my denier friends do not like NOAA. I think their data is most reliable because then are in the business of making short term accurate projections of weather.

What is your choice of data? What do you studies say? How much does your work correlate with R-squared factors?

I am building a terrarium to study CO2 effects on plants and temperatures vs. air. What are you doing to prove your theories?

I sample streams for pH, conductivity, dissolved oxygen, and e coli count. What are you doing to find the effects of man on local environments.

Tell me what in the "H" are you doing other than post here name calling and repeating hear-say?
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,904 Times in 5,319 Posts

Quote:
I DO know how things have changed in the forests and the glaciers on my trips from Puget Sound to Alaska's Glacier Bay, and there are many dying forests in Canada and a lot smaller glaciers. So if there is not warming causing glacier's recede, I sure can't figure out what's doing it. And I don't think it's Hilary with a hairdrier.
The pattern of the winds is changing. Some areas are getting warmer because of winds from the tropics while other areas are getting colder because of the winds from the arctic and antarctic.

Your area is getting warmer, but my area is getting colder. And, I hear that a large chunk of the USA potato crop has been lost as the fields froze before the potatos could be harvested.

Fortunately the USA is a food exporting nation. We raise more food than we can eat
The Following User Says Thank You to Kansas Terri For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,920 Times in 2,547 Posts

There will be changes in the global climate. I have a solution. Sit back and suck it up as it has happened for years. I don't believe it is human caused. This belongs to MOTHER NATURE.. Anyone ever tried to change MOTHER NATURE. I believe it is a cycle that humans can't change regardless of how much money that put into trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to bunny For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,627 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post

Just pointing that out.

If you want to believe Climate change is a hoax and that most of the worlds scientist believe it is a hoax, you can. Or you can wait and watch. Yesterday I found one of many sites called "Answers with Joe" Joe Scott. After listening to his scientific discussions, I have absolutely no doubt about Climate Change.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,424 Times in 709 Posts

IF you bothered to read the posts in this thread, you would note that most/all of the people attempting to educate you, acknowledge that the climate locally (or perhaps everywhere) may be changing. As do the seasons and does local weather. BUT the actions of man have diddly squat to do with it.

All the drivel you want to throw out about how many Political "Scientists" and Consumer Food and Nutrition "Scientists" or other phony BS "Scientist" believe in (have a religion of) greenhouse gasses, anthropogenic climate change, etc is empty headed meaningless nonsense.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2019, 01:29 AM

Old 11-23-2019, 09:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,899 Times in 7,500 Posts

I am not wasting over 69 minutes just because you posted it. If you cannot put the two in your own words hi-lighting the facts the you do not understand what the man said. If you do and you post seems logical and science/math supported then you might get me to watch.

I have little respect for people that post links and say this is what I think. That tells me they are not thinking at all.

You have chosen a side without even thinking it through enough to support you side yourself. That sir is pitiful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Survivor

I enjoy a good debate with a thoughtful person.

WA, before you want us to watch 69 minutes of a stranger, you might sum up in a couple of sentences what you are trying to say. Otherwise I do not really believe that you are thinking about the subject. And debating with a person who is NOT thinking is kind of pointless, IMHO

I am prepping for Climate CHANGE, not for Global Warming. And, since my area has been getting steadily colder for the past 2 years, that was probably a good choice on my part
Old 11-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Hunter

Default global warming

A few minutes ago, I read some of an NPR news article, titled "Pacific Coast Islands now turning to China, for help, rather than the U.S. and Taiwan because of climate change." Evidently many islands especially in the Solomon Islands are being lost by sea level rise. They understand the China is the world's largest CO2 emitter but China is still in the Paris Accord and is working on reducing their carbon footprint. Will China get more of our allies because of this?
Old 11-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackshot View Post
LOL Nothing about climate change is scary. Once I did the math and saw that if you melted every single ounce of ice there would still never be enough to even come close to covering all the land masses of earth I realized that it would only be a migration issue if that. If people are too stupid to move inland then they deserve a Darwin award.
Isn't scary as long as it doesn't affect you. It affects low elevation coastal countries who don't have the monetary resources to fix coming problems. Nations like Indonesia, India, much of S.E. Asia. The U.S. believes their ideas are crazy. So, they will get some help from China.

And you need to Google :"U.S. Military bases and climate change". And just go to military and other government posts. Read about the more than a $billion in damage caused by floods in Nebraska. And read about sea level rise at the many naval bases on the U.S. east coast. Do we need to be concerned, as are military officials, about our military becoming less effective?
Old 11-23-2019, 01:21 PM
Survivor

China has stated that they will increase their carbon footprint, as more power is needed for their expanding industry. The Paris Accord allowed this, as long as they did not increase it by a certain amount (I do not remember how much of an increase that they agreed to allow).
Old 11-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Survivor

As for Nebraska flooding, most of us agree that the climate is changing, just not that the climate is warming. The cold hurt the Midwest every bit as much as the flooding did
Old 11-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Awesome

Thanked 22,810 Times in 7,563 Posts

i love these arguments.. you get one side that accuses the others of being science deniers, but ignore the actual scientific evidence and focus on what a politicized "consensus" told them is true.. so if you're called a science denier, just keep in mind the person saying it in all likeliness is a climate cultist
Old 11-23-2019, 01:30 PM
Hunter

Default climate change

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVet View Post
Hell most established city/municipality governments cannot provide housing or subsistence, medical, educational and or training for existing homeless citizens let alone the so called immigrants and their anchor babies!
Who should be first on the list!
Not really a climate change problem, but a refugee problem. Last Thursday I attended a local county emergency planning meeting and visited briefly with a regional health care provider. I asked him if he thought we might get refugees from Cascadia and he said it is not if but when. I wondered how since we are 7 driving hours from Seattle, but he said that many new cars can easily do that on a tank of gas. He said that the medical services between us and the Washington coast will be taxed to the limit. So what should eastern Oregon, Washington, and western Idaho do about coming refugees, and there will be thousands of them? Most people I talk to seem to think that if we don't worry about such a problem, it won't happen to us, but government officials are concerned. And these refugees will be people who have almost nothing, having lost all in the quake.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Survivor

So many people who believe in the new "Little Ice Age" will only look at the data that supports cooling and so many people who believe in AGW will only look at the data that supports their own side. Neither side will look at the data the other side predicts. The one side says "This glacier is thawing" and the other side says "this glacier is growing", and yes, that particulr glacier IS growing and that particular glacier IS thawing

I have looked at both, and my conclusion is that the Earth has warmer spells and cooler spells.

There is a Mathematician who has recently got her doctorate by presenting a formula that predicts these temperature swings: she says it is a cycle that has been going on for thousands of years. Over the next couple of years we will see with our own eyes if she is right or not because she is predicting a fairly dramatic change within the next year or two

I do not understand why people will only look at part of the data before they draw a conclusion. But many people simply will not