Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on NRA denounces its "very scary" agenda zooeyhll Firearms General Discussion 79 07-20-2018 02:52 PM
Advice for first gun purchase abbysmom21299 Firearms General Discussion 86 06-04-2018 09:02 PM
Making the Most of the Little Gun Outpost75 Shotgun Forum 18 12-16-2017 11:43 AM
ATF- used gun investigation coming InfScout General Discussion 19 03-06-2017 08:46 PM
Clinton wants total gun bans leadcounsel Political News and Discussion 84 11-04-2016 10:01 AM

Old 01-11-2017, 02:00 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglo View Post
All the liberals in Seattle are from California !?!
Many are from New York (Flushing/Queens) & New Jersey and then the are all the Steeler Fans (They have their own bars) from "the Burg" , and don't talk to me about the Smarmy folks from Chicago and the non practicing Jews from Baltimore & New Orleans ...
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,138 Posts

FYI there is 2 proposals, an AWB and more registration/restrictions. One of these will probably pass eventually, maybe not the first round but when the vote is passed onto the people it will.

There is no way to stop the AWB if the voters get to decide.

My point, just be ready, get what you need now. At least they are letting stuff be grandfathered in. I don't think any state is even close to confiscation at this point. CA and NY still allow grandfathered stuff?
Old 01-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwayne View Post
why dont they simply raise age limit of firearm ownership to 25? and stop with all the other restrictions?

i say this because most of the mass shooters have been young males who are ruining gun ownership for everyone.
Or do what we do here in Maine and have no gun laws.

Don't worry too much yet, they have yet to pass the Background Checks on the ballots here, and there is word they are working to severely limit the Citizens Ballots. If your state has a Citizens Ballot it's very corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAngus View Post
My point, just be ready, get what you need now. At least they are letting stuff be grandfathered in. I don't think any state is even close to confiscation at this point. CA and NY still allow grandfathered stuff?
I left NY a few years ago and I think the deadline was 2014 for grandfathering in semi-auto's. They had to be registered by then. Now NY is a pain in the ass for a lot of firearms related matters but I certainly don't think it's worse then CA. Outside of Nassau, the 5 boros and select counties upstate you can conceal carry still. And in I think every county but the 5 boros you can buy shotguns and rifles over the counter without much questions asked.

IMO CA, NJ and MA are the worst I'm not sure why NY is always cited so heavily. Granted it does suck but those other 3 states seem to be far worse. It's practical impossible to conceal carry ANYWHERE in MA and it's a crime to have an empty shell casing on you ...

https://www.massbar.org/publications...-shell-casings

"The Appeals Court has held that it is a crime in Massachusetts to possess spent shell casings that are incapable of being fired or of discharging a bullet. So nature lovers, bird watchers, souvenir hunters, scrap metal collectors and curious people of all ages who pick up empty shotgun shell casings, or discharged firearm cartridges, are now subject to criminal prosecutions"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 04:02 PM

California is now using even more of our tax money to fight us. The state is hiring Eric Holder to try to keep Trump at bay. I agree with some others, we don't need to move. We need to fight. If all of the conservatives run, we will run out of places to run to. It's time to make our stand. Unfortunately it's true that too many conservatives are politically lazy. The only way to fight is to vote. We need to get out there and be a force to be reckoned with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rddrappo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,350 Times in 3,471 Posts

In this thread you could remove Washington and replace it with Nevada, and you would be describing what's going on here. Country swings right and Nevada swings heavy back to the left. They're already talking about magazine restrictions for the next legislative session. They screwed up the Background Check Initiative so badly that the Attorney General ruled it cannot be implemented as written. Our one firewall is a Republican Governor but I fear we'll be completely blue in two years.

Clark county (Vegas) rules the state, even though the huge majority of it is rural and leans conservative. Sadly this is the fate of any State within driving distance of California.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadmeat99 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 04:38 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 13,235 Times in 5,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmeat99 View Post
In this thread you could remove Washington and replace it with Nevada, and you would be describing what's going on here. Country swings right and Nevada swings heavy back to the left. They're already talking about magazine restrictions for the next legislative session. They screwed up the Background Check Initiative so badly that the Attorney General ruled it cannot be implemented as written. Our one firewall is a Republican Governor but I fear we'll be completely blue in two years.

Clark county (Vegas) rules the state, even though the huge majority of it is rural and leans conservative. Sadly this is the fate of any State within driving distance of California.
I have driven to Florida from California many times lol
Old 01-11-2017, 04:54 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,215 Times in 574 Posts

All the time I receive the emails form all the firearm associations to contact my congressman or Senator for Gun Owner's rights....but unfortunately all my reps are rated F by the NRA and could care less what I think in the blue state where I reside. Hopeless.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fx77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperCon View Post
It is BOTH! Californians selling their over expensive homes in California and buying cheap homes here, and the Libertarians that were here have either converted to liberalism or at the least their kids are turned into liberals in the commie school systems we have now.

Been here all my life. It used to be loggers and Boeing. Now it has been overrun with unions and Californians looking for what they lost where they came from and voting like lemmings for every cockamamie liberal tax and spend cause they see.

2 years ago we had more gun rights than 90% of the rest of he country.... now they run an anti-gun issue at the drop of a hat.

If we are serious about stopping this crap, we need to get in front of it, and I mean right F'ing now! We need a coordinated effort to expose the BS information that will be trotted out for all to absorb and get our own soundbites out there 1st.

Trump may not be anti 2A like Hillary, but it would be a mistake to rely on him to save us here. WE have to take action and save ourselves. Or are we all liberals too, waiting on Gubbermint to save us from ourselves?

There HAS to be some folks in our state with experience in putting together a coordinated front on this crap. WAC maybe? Get the gun lobby organizations and clubs into one big concerted effort.

We are running out of places to run to. We need to make our own stand.
***Same thing happening in N. Nevada...they ****ed up california, then bail and arrive at your doorstep and are bound and determined to recreate what they just left...STAY THE **** AWAY!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to syncrodude007 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,418 Times in 1,558 Posts

Or, move to Ohio. We have a very long history of voting out gungrabbers ( outside of Cleveland or Toledo. Liberals holdouts with terrible budget problems and lots of SJWs.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,350 Times in 3,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
I have driven to Florida from California many times lol
Leftists from California don't drive across the country, the fly over it.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,067 Times in 4,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma1010 View Post
Or do what we do here in Maine and have no gun laws.

Don't worry too much yet, they have yet to pass the Background Checks on the ballots here, and there is word they are working to severely limit the Citizens Ballots. If your state has a Citizens Ballot it's very corrupt.

I left NY a few years ago and I think the deadline was 2014 for grandfathering in semi-auto's. They had to be registered by then. Now NY is a pain in the ass for a lot of firearms related matters but I certainly don't think it's worse then CA. Outside of Nassau, the 5 boros and select counties upstate you can conceal carry still. And in I think every county but the 5 boros you can buy shotguns and rifles over the counter without much questions asked.

IMO CA, NJ and MA are the worst I'm not sure why NY is always cited so heavily. Granted it does suck but those other 3 states seem to be far worse. It's practical impossible to conceal carry ANYWHERE in MA and it's a crime to have an empty shell casing on you ...

https://www.massbar.org/publications...-shell-casings

"The Appeals Court has held that it is a crime in Massachusetts to possess spent shell casings that are incapable of being fired or of discharging a bullet. So nature lovers, bird watchers, souvenir hunters, scrap metal collectors and curious people of all ages who pick up empty shotgun shell casings, or discharged firearm cartridges, are now subject to criminal prosecutions"
Which goes to support the position that virtually everything is a crime in this country now. If not the law itself. The twisted interpretation of it therein.
I'm sure there's a couple of spent cartridges in my cars. I see drums of range brass at the scrap yard. I live in NH but work in Mass. Its not unusual for me to run back over the border at lunch. By some ammo. Go back to work with it in the car.
100 rd box? Life sentence?
Just a sad state all over the country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 240Geezer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 09:47 PM

I left the Army from Ft Lewis in 1975. Stayed a year. Loved the place. The Libs were flooding Oregon back then and wandered in to Washington. They also started overrunning Colorado in the 90's. Screwed up another paradise. Oklahoma and Arkansas are my last stand. They are here, but they don't fit in very well. The summer heat, and chiggers tear their asses up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcrow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,493 Times in 548 Posts

I also was not aware of a rally.

I will be there. I'll be the guy with the really ****ed off look on his face. I just heard about the AG asking for gun control bill on Monday, so I'm still a little behind the 8 ball.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki81 View Post
Assualt weapon and mag bans along with extra permits,classes and fees in order to own the muttered AR'so.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.seatt...t-10845748.php

I feel like if this goes to ballot, which it likely will in 2018 , a bunch of ****ed off moronic liberals will pass this, liberals who live in Seattle buy are actually from California have never met a transportation tax or gun laws they didn't like.

Wife just got her real estate license, going to start looking to sell the house and move to UT with the rest of my family or head out to the promise land of MT or WY.

Screw Washington, if you guys had any sense you'd start setting up to make a move soon as well....this state is only getting worse and it's not going to get any better...in 10-20-30 years this place will be a hell hole like CA, Mark my words.

/rant
Ok, I have to start out saying I Love talking to you guys...though I have to admit sometimes its just to get a rise and ruffle some feather, so, evil me...
I like your thinking, but have to ask,,,,just for the fun of conversation..if You were to write to gun laws, what would they be?

and as far as getting out and away from the right/left argument, I took another course and left the country, 'cause I don't see the problem of right vs left (just a distraction to keep you busy..gun nuts against liberal manics) the continued expanding control is not a R/L issue but a an issue of elite vs citizens. The central bank charge the tax payers about $3,000,000,000 a day in interest on the national debt...and apply more and more laws to keep you in line without you knowing the facts of how hard we are getting worked over. The elite own this country and that includes you, they own the congress, the executive branch, the judges are in their back pocket, we are nothing more that debt slaves. who are kept. internally fighting over pittance.

Heres a little story; In America there is a dangerous cliff, so the government hired a company to design a safety rail, a contractor builds the rail, a sign company is hired to build and install signage that tells you to "Stay Back", and of course an officer must be enlisted to enforce the sign and a judge if you do not follow the rules of the sign...in the country I moved to there is a dangerous cliff, if you fall off the cliff your'e SOL. Not that either side is right, but personally, I'll take personal responsibility any day of the week. Don't be fooled into ignoring the truth by being distracted over little argument while becoming a slave...go research fractional lending (one of many real issues) and you will soon quite worrying about gun control....though a real patriot has to be ready to defend the country against its government.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Some guy on the internet

Thanked 5,689 Times in 2,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael2522 View Post
Ok, I have to start out saying I Love talking to you guys...though I have to admit sometimes its just to get a rise and ruffle some feather, so, evil me...
I like your thinking, but have to ask,,,,just for the fun of conversation..if You were to write to gun laws, what would they be?

and as far as getting out and away from the right/left argument, I took another course and left the country, 'cause I don't see the problem of right vs left (just a distraction to keep you busy..gun nuts against liberal manics) the continued expanding control is not a R/L issue but a an issue of elite vs citizens. The central bank charge the tax payers about $3,000,000,000 a day in interest on the national debt...and apply more and more laws to keep you in line without you knowing the facts of how hard we are getting worked over. The elite own this country and that includes you, they own the congress, the executive branch, the judges are in their back pocket, we are nothing more that debt slaves. who are kept. internally fighting over pittance.

Heres a little story; In America there is a dangerous cliff, so the government hired a company to design a safety rail, a contractor builds the rail, a sign company is hired to build and install signage that tells you to "Stay Back", and of course an officer must be enlisted to enforce the sign and a judge if you do not follow the rules of the sign...in the country I moved to there is a dangerous cliff, if you fall off the cliff your'e SOL. Not that either side is right, but personally, I'll take personal responsibility any day of the week. Don't be fooled into ignoring the truth by being distracted over little argument while becoming a slave...go research fractional lending (one of many real issues) and you will soon quite worrying about gun control....though a real patriot has to be ready to defend the country against its government.
i moved to America by choice, i have lived in places like you are talking about and even though it may have not felt like it, every single one of them was a far more oppressive government structure than we have here.

so i say to you, enjoy it buddy, enjoy it while you can, because it is a great life......until for some reason your goverment decides to pay attention to you.... if that ever happens then i pray for you and wish you the best of luck.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
Or, move to Ohio. We have a very long history of voting out gungrabbers ( outside of Cleveland or Toledo. Liberals holdouts with terrible budget problems and lots of SJWs.
As long as you ignore the major cities, which have effectively run out most of the gun stores.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Prepared

It's rigged, we were outvoted by ghosts, I'm still waiting for Jerry Brown, his liberal cronies and the cities,celebrities and students to succeed from the USA, then the rest of us can have our State of Jefferson.Trump may have won, but at least half of us here in CA are still under the radical left.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tony_agr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 02:00 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Geezer View Post
Which goes to support the position that virtually everything is a crime in this country now. If not the law itself. The twisted interpretation of it therein.
I'm sure there's a couple of spent cartridges in my cars. I see drums of range brass at the scrap yard. I live in NH but work in Mass. Its not unusual for me to run back over the border at lunch. By some ammo. Go back to work with it in the car.
100 rd box? Life sentence?
Just a sad state all over the country.
Yeah I would seriously make sure you don't even have 1 empty casing in your car in MA. When I go through MA I don't even stop, ever. I refuse to give them any business or my presence.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,470 Times in 1,138 Posts

Guys, the AWB is going to pass one way or another. Was speaking with various people who are active voters in WA. They believe WA is far behind CA in common sense gun laws and that we need to catch up. That is the mentality out there. To them the AWB isn't something radical or unobtainable. It is something that should have been done yesterday.

With that kind of mindset, there is nothing stopping them. Every gun control law gets passed easily in WA, this one will be no different. Just the truth.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Mild Prepper

Default We may move too

I told my wife, after the last round of anti-gun RCW's that passed, that one more straw will break this camels back. I grew up here in WA and remember the days of hunting rifles in the trucks at high school. If any of this new legislation passes, we're selling our recently built home and family ranch and are outta here for good. Besides the gun laws, it's getting way to liberal around here in many ways.

It's unfortunate as the house and farm are just about to the point where I've wanted them for years. We're almost all prepped for the Cascadia subduction event. I'm just holding out hope that Trump and the NRA do some good next year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RancherRob For This Useful Post: