Carcinogens found in some common medicines - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2019, 11:34 AM
goat daddy goat daddy is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 3,353
Thanks: 3,412
Thanked 4,818 Times in 2,060 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

??? We let smokers kill themselves and those around them, yet we worry about a very few people affected by a possible drug issue? When I worked in disability it really upset me that we would use tax payers dollars for idiots who smoke and had heart, lung and cancer as a result. There is a bigger problem out there, lets concentrate on it before these little issues. Of course the media blows things out of proportion. There is a new issue on breast implants. I remember the original issue with silicon implants. There was nothing there, the women had the same illness as women without the implants, yet the media and lawyer without morals changed the industry
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 11:25 PM
Old fart's Avatar
Old fart Old fart is offline
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Land of 40,000 mosquito hatcheries
Posts: 5,302
Thanks: 27,093
Thanked 9,350 Times in 3,460 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
??? We let smokers kill themselves and those around them, yet we worry about a very few people affected by a possible drug issue? When I worked in disability it really upset me that we would use tax payers dollars for idiots who smoke and had heart, lung and cancer as a result. There is a bigger problem out there, lets concentrate on it before these little issues. Of course the media blows things out of proportion. There is a new issue on breast implants. I remember the original issue with silicon implants. There was nothing there, the women had the same illness as women without the implants, yet the media and lawyer without morals changed the industry

Kicks soapbox over...

What I don't understand is that cigarettes and cigars are not allowed to be advertised on TV, but vaping and (some places) smokeless tobacco can be

A lot of media hype is driven by ambulance chasers [attorneys] The media, the attorneys, and TPTB do a *fine* job creating and perpetuating moral panics to suit and advance their own agendas and enrich themselves

Add in that payouts for injury/illness/wrongful death are generally small enough, even in aggregate, to [knowingly] make, advertise, and/or sell a dangerous/deadly product(s) very profitable

Follow the money
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2019, 02:30 AM
Bearsclaw 73 Bearsclaw 73 is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 486
Thanks: 246
Thanked 786 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
??? We let smokers kill themselves and those around them, yet we worry about a very few people affected by a possible drug issue? When I worked in disability it really upset me that we would use tax payers dollars for idiots who smoke and had heart, lung and cancer as a result. There is a bigger problem out there, lets concentrate on it before these little issues. Of course the media blows things out of proportion. There is a new issue on breast implants. I remember the original issue with silicon implants. There was nothing there, the women had the same illness as women without the implants, yet the media and lawyer without morals changed the industry
You never paid a damned penny for any medical conditions that I have had from smoking because I worked for a living and I have had good insurance. My insurance has paid for mine and maybe your medical problems.
You find a doper who has died of an overdose and being a bleeding heart you have to administer the antidote and bring them back so they can abuse drugs and live a crappy life that much longer when they had already died a peaceful death. A lot of phony crap in the world and it sounds like you are full of it.
Other wise you would not try to minimize the fact that we are being fed cancer causing drugs. That is not a maybe or a phony news item it is a FACT.
I didn't plan on being part of a suit until I read your reply. I see now the reason why lawyers are able to sue these companies and it is because they don't care that their products kill people. Maybe they need to know that we care. You might want to sell your stock in drug companies that are manufacturing cancer causing drugs.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2019, 12:15 PM
Reasonable Rascal's Avatar
Reasonable Rascal Reasonable Rascal is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 488
Thanks: 328
Thanked 955 Times in 349 Posts
Default

Nothing like a little anger directed against a total stranger because they dared to disagree with you, or at least seem to.

You are railing about being "fed cancer-causing drugs" but you completely overlooked the FACT that many of the foods you consume can cause cancer. Might want to do a little research before you decide to join a suit - you may want to include the food industry as well. They are even more insidious than the pharmaceutical people because they know you have NO choice but to consume their products, or die.

Naturally Occurring Carcinogens and Anticarcinogens in the Diet

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232630/

RR
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Bearsclaw 73 Bearsclaw 73 is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 486
Thanks: 246
Thanked 786 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
Nothing like a little anger directed against a total stranger because they dared to disagree with you, or at least seem to.

You are railing about being "fed cancer-causing drugs" but you completely overlooked the FACT that many of the foods you consume can cause cancer. Might want to do a little research before you decide to join a suit - you may want to include the food industry as well. They are even more insidious than the pharmaceutical people because they know you have NO choice but to consume their products, or die.

Naturally Occurring Carcinogens and Anticarcinogens in the Diet

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232630/

RR
Since I had cancer I have started noticing more things that have warnings saying that they have ingredients that cause cancer. I think that we are going in the right direction when they have warnings but that isn't enough. Products that cause cancer should be banned altogether. Many of the things that cause cancer are things that we can live without. Why should one company make a product that causes cancer and yet other companies can make the product that doesn't contain cancer causing ingredients? We can go either way, accept things the way they are and die or demand something better.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2019, 01:47 PM
FoxtrotVictor1's Avatar
FoxtrotVictor1 FoxtrotVictor1 is offline
Padre in the woods
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 569
Thanks: 116
Thanked 1,111 Times in 389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsclaw 73 View Post
Then I saw on the news where one of the medicines I have been taking has an ingredient in it that causes cancer. Zantac / Rantidine. Then I see the ad by the lawyers asking if you have been taking any sartans for blood pressure.
Keep in mind how many times something has been proclaimed as a cure, only to be seen as a killer later. It was in the last century they gave people mercury to control syphilis, and look what the drug companies have commanded with ADHD medications.

Anywhere someone can make a buck, public safety goes out the window.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2019, 10:49 PM
country_boy country_boy is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 51
Thanked 1,154 Times in 671 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsclaw 73 View Post
Since I had cancer I have started noticing more things that have warnings saying that they have ingredients that cause cancer. I think that we are going in the right direction when they have warnings but that isn't enough. Products that cause cancer should be banned altogether. Many of the things that cause cancer are things that we can live without. Why should one company make a product that causes cancer and yet other companies can make the product that doesn't contain cancer causing ingredients? We can go either way, accept things the way they are and die or demand something better.
I agree 100%. Itís why I joined handgun control inc. We have to ban guns, bullets, and primers. And the Brass couplings on firehose. And then fishing lures. Valves in tires. Garden hoses.
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net