Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-24-2019, 11:34 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,818 Times in 2,060 Posts

Advertise Here

??? We let smokers kill themselves and those around them, yet we worry about a very few people affected by a possible drug issue? When I worked in disability it really upset me that we would use tax payers dollars for idiots who smoke and had heart, lung and cancer as a result. There is a bigger problem out there, lets concentrate on it before these little issues. Of course the media blows things out of proportion. There is a new issue on breast implants. I remember the original issue with silicon implants. There was nothing there, the women had the same illness as women without the implants, yet the media and lawyer without morals changed the industry
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 11:25 PM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,350 Times in 3,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
??? We let smokers kill themselves and those around them, yet we worry about a very few people affected by a possible drug issue? When I worked in disability it really upset me that we would use tax payers dollars for idiots who smoke and had heart, lung and cancer as a result. There is a bigger problem out there, lets concentrate on it before these little issues. Of course the media blows things out of proportion. There is a new issue on breast implants. I remember the original issue with silicon implants. There was nothing there, the women had the same illness as women without the implants, yet the media and lawyer without morals changed the industry

Kicks soapbox over...

What I don't understand is that cigarettes and cigars are not allowed to be advertised on TV, but vaping and (some places) smokeless tobacco can be

A lot of media hype is driven by ambulance chasers [attorneys] The media, the attorneys, and TPTB do a *fine* job creating and perpetuating moral panics to suit and advance their own agendas and enrich themselves

Add in that payouts for injury/illness/wrongful death are generally small enough, even in aggregate, to [knowingly] make, advertise, and/or sell a dangerous/deadly product(s) very profitable

Follow the money
Old 10-25-2019, 02:30 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
You never paid a damned penny for any medical conditions that I have had from smoking because I worked for a living and I have had good insurance. My insurance has paid for mine and maybe your medical problems.
You find a doper who has died of an overdose and being a bleeding heart you have to administer the antidote and bring them back so they can abuse drugs and live a crappy life that much longer when they had already died a peaceful death. A lot of phony crap in the world and it sounds like you are full of it.
Other wise you would not try to minimize the fact that we are being fed cancer causing drugs. That is not a maybe or a phony news item it is a FACT.
I didn't plan on being part of a suit until I read your reply. I see now the reason why lawyers are able to sue these companies and it is because they don't care that their products kill people. Maybe they need to know that we care. You might want to sell your stock in drug companies that are manufacturing cancer causing drugs.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:15 PM
Target Shooter

Nothing like a little anger directed against a total stranger because they dared to disagree with you, or at least seem to.

You are railing about being "fed cancer-causing drugs" but you completely overlooked the FACT that many of the foods you consume can cause cancer. Might want to do a little research before you decide to join a suit - you may want to include the food industry as well. They are even more insidious than the pharmaceutical people because they know you have NO choice but to consume their products, or die.

Naturally Occurring Carcinogens and Anticarcinogens in the Diet

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232630/

RR
Old 11-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasonable Rascal View Post
Nothing like a little anger directed against a total stranger because they dared to disagree with you, or at least seem to.

You are railing about being "fed cancer-causing drugs" but you completely overlooked the FACT that many of the foods you consume can cause cancer. Might want to do a little research before you decide to join a suit - you may want to include the food industry as well. They are even more insidious than the pharmaceutical people because they know you have NO choice but to consume their products, or die.

Naturally Occurring Carcinogens and Anticarcinogens in the Diet

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK232630/

RR
Since I had cancer I have started noticing more things that have warnings saying that they have ingredients that cause cancer. I think that we are going in the right direction when they have warnings but that isn't enough. Products that cause cancer should be banned altogether. Many of the things that cause cancer are things that we can live without. Why should one company make a product that causes cancer and yet other companies can make the product that doesn't contain cancer causing ingredients? We can go either way, accept things the way they are and die or demand something better.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Padre in the woods

Thanked 1,111 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsclaw 73 View Post
Then I saw on the news where one of the medicines I have been taking has an ingredient in it that causes cancer. Zantac / Rantidine. Then I see the ad by the lawyers asking if you have been taking any sartans for blood pressure.
Keep in mind how many times something has been proclaimed as a cure, only to be seen as a killer later. It was in the last century they gave people mercury to control syphilis, and look what the drug companies have commanded with ADHD medications.

Anywhere someone can make a buck, public safety goes out the window.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:49 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,154 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsclaw 73 View Post
Since I had cancer I have started noticing more things that have warnings saying that they have ingredients that cause cancer. I think that we are going in the right direction when they have warnings but that isn't enough. Products that cause cancer should be banned altogether. Many of the things that cause cancer are things that we can live without. Why should one company make a product that causes cancer and yet other companies can make the product that doesn't contain cancer causing ingredients? We can go either way, accept things the way they are and die or demand something better.
I agree 100%. Itís why I joined handgun control inc. We have to ban guns, bullets, and primers. And the Brass couplings on firehose. And then fishing lures. Valves in tires. Garden hoses.