Creepy stories not from the outdoors - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the outdoors. MT Patriot Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 6448 Yesterday 10:14 AM
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 492 03-31-2020 10:30 AM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 31 07-18-2019 03:19 PM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 02:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 08:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 07:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-02-2009 11:54 PM

Old 01-21-2016, 01:20 AM

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppapa View Post
Have to ask,which western state hospital? there appears to be several
Oklahoma,Washington, Virginia and Kentucky all seem to have one.
Washington State, near Steilacoom. I just did a google earth and its torn down, but you can still see the foundation near the lake.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2016, 03:13 AM

In case you missed it every job in America has LAWS governing, duh

regulate every aspect of living to find utopia and bliss.

good luck
Old 01-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but it was pretty entertaining and I had a few things I wanted to add to it.

This happened awhile back, and still gives me the spooks. I was at home in bed. I was in that state of mind where you are not quite asleep yet, but you are far from being awake and aware. Out of nowhere, something holds me down and starts choking me. I open my eyes, but there is nothing there. I can feel it on me, but I can't see it. This only lasts for a few seconds and it scares the crap out of me. It was so vivid that I cannot tell if it was a dream or not. It happened one more time when I was away at college a few weeks later.
That is termed ,"old hag syndrome". When you go to sleep your brain turns off most voluntary motor functions so you don't act out your dreams. Sometimes you wake up before the body is given back motor control and you feel like you are paralyzed or being held down.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDBushcraft For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 04:08 PM
Listen to the ghosts

Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Scariest thing that ever happened to me....

I got caught in a rip current once in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Monmouth, NJ.

I was probably 250-300 yards offshore, and the water was so deep I could not see the bottom. Maybe 45-60 feet of water. I had a boogie board, which I was using to help as I attempted to paddle back to shore.

I kicked something underwater, and I looked down. To my horror, there was an animal underneath me the size of a car. To this day, I have no idea WTF it was!

It was some sort of fish, I think. Not a shark. It was brown, sandy brown. Fairly broad, and about 20 feet long. Some have said that it could have been a very large sea turtle. I don't know, I'm an Iowan. All I know is that it was terrifying, and I was in denial about it for the rest of the day.

To this day, I will not swim in the ocean if the water is deeper than I am tall.
Are you aware of what swims in the water that deep? Whatever you thought was in the water over your head could be in the water up to your neck. I've seen 6' sharks caught off a beach where 3 hours before hordes of swimmers were frolicking. I've also seen dozens of sharks schooling 20' from swimmers sitting in the surf. It doesn't have to be deep to hide a horror.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 34,729 Times in 8,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankylus View Post
Are you aware of what swims in the water that deep? Whatever you thought was in the water over your head could be in the water up to your neck. I've seen 6' sharks caught off a beach where 3 hours before hordes of swimmers were frolicking. I've also seen dozens of sharks schooling 20' from swimmers sitting in the surf. It doesn't have to be deep to hide a horror.
The world's largest recorded great white shark would be able to swim in 8ft deep waters without its dorsal fin visible above the water.

4.5ft for a Tiger Shark. You don't even want to know how shallow a reef shark can get.

Furthermore it's normal for them to be at the shallow end of the pool because most sharks will chase their smaller more agile prey into the shallows where it has less room to maneuver. Especially mammal prey like seals.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 08:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,671 Times in 5,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankylus View Post
You should see what swims in water 4' deep. 10 years ago I'm body surfing and waiting for a set of waves. I'm in the ocean and it was pretty clear. I look behind me and see a shadow in the water. It was a striped bass, had to be 50" long, just passing by.

I've seen sand sharks (harmless) and have had crabs give my foot a test nibble.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2016, 09:24 PM

Old Salem cemetery (Lacon IL) is about a 5 minute drive from my house, you can look up all the stories. Visited multiple times with friends (usually after a few drinks) and never really experienced anything. Near the entrance of the place is an old gnarly looking tree, oak i believe, that was supposedly used the Klan to hang many a victim back in the day due to the very secluded nature of the place and being near the tree I've always noticed its dead silent whenever near it. In fact, the scariest encounter I've ever had there was moping around at about 11pm trying to find a girls headstone (rumor has it she died in a fire and you cant light a match or lighter near her grave) after about 30 minutes of my buddy, my girlfriend of the time, and myself looking to no avail I decided it was about time to leave as lady friend was "cold" insert winky face, and I didn't feel it would be very respectful to drain my bladder in a cemetery we headed for the exit. Within 5 seconds of us deciding to leave we see headlights at the entrance. Dont ask me know how I can tell a cop car but its headlights alone but sure enough when we got to the gate the car read 'sheriff' after talking for a few minutes of talking he let us go no problem. We weren't vandalizing or anything so we got the 'sign says closed at sundown speech' and left. Being VERY familiar with the law enforcement personnel of my area I realized I'd never seen the officer before, and upon further discussion with my buddy he hadn't recognized him either. We had been drinking but were definitely cognizant of our surroundings (sober lady friend was driving) gotta be smart when your'e being stupid. And I thought the guy looked old, not physically, but his facial structure just seemed off. As well as his uniform looked like it was straight out of 1980, the guy looked liked he could have been Theodore Roosevelts brother or something, his round glasses also added to the thought lol. But upon leaving the cemetery his squad car seemed to just dispensary. From the cemetery gate to the first 'paved' road is about 500 yards of winding dirt roads with no turn offs. we crept away from the place slowly because why not, and after getting about 150 yards away and rounding a bend with some trees his car dissapeared. No headlights, tail lights, reverse lights, nothing. It was more weird than scary really. My friend and I haven't spoken about it since and I don't have any contact with that lady friend anymore. Our relationship went downhill with no brakes quick. And after the long drawn out story I kinda miss her lol. I apologize for the long drawn out lame story. You'd be surprised how bored you get fighting a cold and reading threads like these for hours
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDusten. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2016, 10:17 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,929 Times in 793 Posts

1) Houston. Riding my bicycle to work before sunrise on bike trail along concrete lined bayou. Come up to a bridge crossing, noticed a car upside down in about 4 feet of water. Cop standing on bank and wrecker driver wading in the water with a pole. He's reaching for a woman's body floating face down.
Not a good way to start the day.

2) Houston. Way back about 1970. Hippie days. My friend Andres was very sad. 'His" girlfriend was after hours (about 4 AM) with some man in a locked up music venue called Liberty Hall. You can imagine what they were doing. He imagined too.
So Andres, drunk and unhappy, took his friend's .303 British #4 Enfield, walked a block to the place and put ten rounds of .303 FMJ all through it.
Walked home with the empty rifle and passes out in bed.
Now mind you, this was within a mile of downtown Houston, maybe 1 1/2 miles from the Police Station, in a very quiet (till the shots rang out) morning.
Andres did not remember it the next day.
I never found out if the young lady thought she was hearing deadly rifle fire or the proverbial 'fireworks'. At any rate it must have been very exciting for both her and her paramour.
The Following User Says Thank You to rio nueces For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2016, 10:16 PM

After managing bars in Dallas and Houston and living in NYC for 10 years I have seen some pretty crazy stuff. I think one of my favorite stories isn't really mine but my wifes. We were living in Brooklyn, not married yet and I had been in Chicago all day on business. It was common for me to leave in the morning, fly to ohare, spend the day with a client then fly home that night. Anyway I walk in and my wife and her best friend are on the couch drinking wine and they both have this look on their face. I immediately ask them what is going on and my wife starts with "just so you know, I am okay". so now I know something is up and insist on details.

My wife was in the Spring street subway station for her evening commute- let's say about 5:30 at night. she is reverse commuting so her platform is almost empty but the one across the tracks is packed. This guy walks up to her and sticks a gun in her face and tells her to hand over her jewelry. We were engaged and she later told me that she didn't want him to take her ring. So she looks at the guy and sees that his gun looks "rattly" - her words I have no idea what that means and decides that she isn't going to give him anything. She pushes him away he grabs her and starts to drag her down the platform towards an exit. She is struggling, yelling for help and no one moved or one did anything. She starts to fight and wrestle with him and they both fall to the ground and in the process he drops his gun. She is on her back and he is over her and bends over to grab his gun in one hand and grab her. she bicycle kicks him in the face sending him backwards and then he decides that she isn't worth it and runs off.

I asked her if she called the police and her response is "what is the use" so I immediately pick up the phone and call them. To their credit they got their pretty quickly, I don't think they understood that it had happened a few hours prior. I think about 5 or 6 showed up and it was funny watching their faces as she tells them her story- they are trying not to laugh as they admonish her for fighting back that it was dangerous etc.

I was really proud of my wife even though she could have gotten herself killed. I have never looked down the barrel of a gun and can't imagine my reaction to that.

The thing that really set me off was that no one helped. In a new york subway, even if you are on the platform across the tracks you can run out, up the stairs, across the street and down into the other platform really fast. no one did a thing. Many of you will think this is typical but this was NYC post 911 when the city really came together and frankly indifference or people ignoring this kind of thing was just not my experience in that city. I was so mad I walked around looking for a fight for two weeks. I was looking for someone to take it out on- someone being a bully, hasseling someone else etc. Probably a good thing that I didn't find anyone- I would have probably gotten myself in a lot of trouble. either hurt or arrested or both.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilmostrog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2016, 03:52 AM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 38,574 Times in 8,952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusassoc View Post
I know how you feel, to have that adrenaline dump. One night I was laying in bed in that suspended state of half asleep and half awake when I heard a noise on the other end of the house. I couldn't tell what it was but it was one of those sounds that freaks you out because you've never heard it in your house before. I stayed in bed for a few seconds and the noise continued.
I reached over and grabbed my handgun from the nightstand and removed it from it's holster. I was positioned (without moving) in a manner I could look/aim down the hallway. I brought the sights up and noticed that my hands were shaking almost uncontrollably. I could still aim and had no fear of not being able to act, it was just the dump of adrenaline. I knew my girlfriend was next to me and no one else has a key.
Since we leave a small lamp on in our living room, it sets up a silhouette advantage in my favor. As soon as I saw someone turn the corner I was going to send a few down the hall (into them). After listening and looking for a few minutes, my adrenaline subsided enough to sweep the house and investigate. I never did find out what it was and there were no foot prints in the fresh snow around the house. After thinking about it for a while, I learned that I wasn't necessarily afraid of hurting someone in my house, I was more afraid of who they were and what they wanted.
I hope I never have anything like that happen to me again. It was definitely the scariest few minutes of my life.
Man that adrenaline dumb sucks. But false alarms are good training. I have a few stories, some with and some without explanation. Some first hand and some to relatives.

1. Within a few months after buying my current house and moving in I was awoken one night to a loud crashing glass/window noise. It sounded like someone coming through a ground floor window. I had my firearm and laid listening with my phone ready to call 911. My dogs didn't seem to react after the initial noise. After about 30 minutes of silence I went to investigate. A poorly hung object fell and swung in a weird way and broke the inner glass pain of a double pain window. Really weird.

2. While I was out of town, a gf was house sitting. She reported that my stereo turned itself on one day while she was gone. Seems this has happened one other time to me with this stereo. But only twice in 5 years of having it. Probably an electronic explanation, but just weird. She also reported during that same house sitting period that it appeared that my houseplant was freshly watered. Again, no explanation.

3. While I was watching a movie one night on Netflix, I got a phone call so paused the movie and turned off the TV. I went to bed, leaving it paused. A few hours later I was awoken to the sound of talking in my living room. I was very scary. I grabbed the pistol and phone and laid and listened. It took me a few minutes to realize it was the TV, but I laid there trying to think how it turned itself on, or half expecting someone was in my house watching my TV. Such a strange thought, but after about 30 minutes I worked up the courage to go investigate. So creepy. My explanation is that Netflix unpaused itself after being dormant, and my TV does play normally through the stereo receiver which had been left on. Just weird, but a rational explanation.

4. Growing up, our house was old and very very creepy. I hated going into our very creepy basement which always seemed cold and scary. I remember always making sure that basement door was locked. I always felt like someone was watching me down there, or right behind me and I would run up the stairs. I hated going down there and almost never did, but sometimes our gas furnace pilot would go out and someone would have to go re-light it.

We lived in small town America, where we never locked our doors, in the 1970s and 1980s. Anyway, my older brother relays the following story: One day while he was a teenager his friend Phil routinely just came over and would let himself inside to wait for my brother to get home. Nobody was home on this particular day and Phil let himself in. Some time later my brother returned home and found Phil waiting outside on a big tractor tire in our yard, white as a sheet. Apparently he heard and/or saw something that terrified him. I'm not sure what it was. I've asked him a few times and he refuses to discuss it. I do know that he never went into our house by himself after that incident.

5. After we sold that old creepy house, apparently the new owners experienced some unusual events. I don't know the details, except one. They asked my sister (who also experienced some unusual things but I don't know the details) if the house was haunted. They showed her a picture they took. As new home owners, they were just taking pictures of the house shortly after they had moved in. After they got the pictures back, they saw a broom apparently hovering against the wall, in a location where there is no explanation for the broom to hover. There is no nail. No prop. No shelf. The broom was just hovering. Creepy. I never saw the picture but my sister saw it and it's so weird I have no reason to disbelieve it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2017, 01:25 AM

I was working in Sweden with a couple of other guys. It was miles from anywhere (4 hr drive from the airport, 1hour drive from the nearest village and 45 mins drive from anything more than a lone wooden shack!). We stayed in a hotel that made all its money in about 4 weeks of the year from weddings and was pretty much dormant the rest of the year.
The rooms weren't up to much so after a few days we asked about the other buildings. Turns out they were staff accommodation. 'What staff? Can we just rent them?'
'Here!' Keys to the hotel were shoved into my hand and we were told if we wanted an evening meal to give them two days notice and they'd try and come back and make it for us.

The hotel was spread out across a huge clearing in the forest that went down to a dark brown, peat lake. What was obviously the original building had top floor windows in the shape of a 5 pointed star. There was a maze in the grounds as well as a 12' tall metal hamster cage for want of a better description, a large wicker igloo and a wooden pine cone shaped structure about the height of the hamster cage with a Perspex window about 6 inches wide running top to bottom through with you could see a really creepy mannequin 'trapped' within. Add 3-4 feet of snow in the winter and it was a pretty desolate place. Something straight out of the Shining!

The two staff houses were attached to each other. I had one, the other two guys had the other. We used the kitchen and living room in my house as it was slightly larger.

My side had the door down to the basement which could also be accessed from outside with no locks anywhere. The guys enjoyed reminding me that someone could just walk in from outside, up into my house and kill me in my sleep! My bedroom also had storage in the eves accessed via a 3 foot high door at the foot of the bed. In further attempt to scare me I was told 'That's obviously where the psycho, midget clown will come from when it kills you'. This hilarious game of trying to scare me went on for a month or so (along with all sorts of other jokes, pranks and hijinks on each other).

Until one week two of us had our flights cancelled so one of the guys was there alone...without a key to their house.
Only one thing for it! He had to go in through the basement, find his way up into the house and stay in my room..at midnight, in winter. Suddenly, he wasn't so keen on all the tales he'd made up. We had a good laugh when we arrived and it was three days later he admitted to our friend that had sat, bolt upright, paralyzed with terror for the entire night, fixated on the little door, listening for every creak the house made incase it was someone coming in!

He later told me the only thing he was scared of was me because I could sleep soundly in 'that freak show next door!'
Gotta love a bit of revenge!

Sorry that was so long winded.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy Kaira For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 03:36 PM

Back in 1997 or 98 a lady friend of mine and her 16 year old daughter were stopped behind an 18 wheeler at a red light when a man walked by the passanger door and ducked down as the light turned green.
The next second a slimy red blob hit the windshield.
The guy stuck his head under the rear tire of the 18 wheeler and committed suicide. It was his brain that hit the windshield.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,084 Posts

Creepiest for me is coming back to the 1st world after contract career abroad.. Half the population on psych meds and kids choosing their gender. Most the world doesn't have dental care- we pay vetinarians to polish our cats teeth. Something very very strange happening to our society.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sixtus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2017, 08:23 AM

This happened to my wife about 10 years ago but it's still a good story. We were attending a show at a local theater and my wife went to use the bathroom. This is an OLD theater and it's layout is a little strange. She had to go up to the second floor, turn a corner and the ladies room was at the far end of the hall. When she comes out of the stall there is a woman standing at the sink and looking into the mirror while fixing her hair. She didn't hear anyone come in but didn't think too much of it. As my wife is washing her hands the woman turns to her and says "sorry I'm taking so long." Before my wife can react she turns and walks out the door. My wife leaves about three seconds later and the woman is not in the hall, nor on the stairs, or anywhere to be seen. She figures that even at a run she should have been turning the corner when she came out of the loo.
Having dabbled in paranormal investigation I had her take me to the spot to look around. There are no other doors in the hallway that she could have ducked into, and I was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs and I saw no one else come down.
Her description of the woman sounds like she was dressed in something you'd expect to see in the late 70s early 80s.
There have been rumors of the theater being 'haunted' but most of the stories are hearing noises or seeing shadows.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roland_deschain For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 01:39 AM
Gettin' Older n Meaner

"Those tiny fingers were the creepiest thing I've ever seen not knowing what they were attached to at the time." I seriously would have freaked out seeing that and probably ruined my floor with the shotgun blast. Blame it on a '73 horror movie called "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" with these little creatures living in a couple's house. Saw it when I was about 8 years old and it freaked me out for years.... Think that image from your story just gave me a flashback.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:06 AM
Gettin' Older n Meaner

Around the mid to late '90's I was at a friend's home for a birthday dinner. I practically grew up in his house so his family are pretty much extensions of my own and vice/versa. His older sister lived across town and was going home as her two daughters who were elementary school age were getting sleepy. About 10 minutes go by then she calls from her car and says that when she got to the house the front door was wide open and she's afraid someone's in her house. My friend (who was a local cop) tells me "c'mon, let's check the house." We went over (both of us were armed) and proceeded to check every room, closet and anywhere else anyone could have been hidden. Thankfully no one was in the house and nothing appeared to be disturbed or missing. Either they didn't close the door properly when they left and the wind blew it open or whoever opened it got scared by something and ran off. I did find out one thing though...there is absolutely no safe way to look under a bed.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR_WOLFE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 02:28 AM
Gettin' Older n Meaner

One more story... While I was in college I worked in a small video store (anyone remember those? or VHS?) right on Rt.6. I got a call one day from a guy I knew who owned another video store about a mile further down Rt. 6. He told me that he was called by a friend who was a cop. His friend told him they had busted a guy who tried to cut a deal by ratting out 2 other guys who were going to rob either his video store or the one I worked at, they weren't sure which one and he wanted to give me a heads up. I started bringing my pistol in with me the next day. About 3 days after the call it's about 11:30pm and I've had almost all the lights out and the doors locked for about a half hour as I cleaned up, counted the till etc. I'm at the counter gathering the bank bag (night deposit) and my bookbag and all when a beat up '70's firebird pulls in with the headlights shining through the plate glass front windows lighting up the counter where I am. I look out and under the street lamp light I can see two guys just sitting in the car watching me. I kind of fooled around for about 5 minutes thinking they may be customers and waiting for them to leave but after 5 minutes of them just sitting there watching me I got a little spooked. I reached into my bookbag pulled out my pistol, held it up in plain sight and pulled the slide back a little to make sure a round was chambered. Then I looked back at them, set the gun on the counter next to me and just stood there staring at them. After about 30 seconds (felt a lot longer) the one guy says something to the other, the car backs out and drives off. I grabbed everything and hightailed it out of there all the while trying to look in every direction at once. Don't know if they were the supposed robbers or if I lost a couple customers that night, either way I'm satisfied with the way it worked out. "My" store and the other one closed about 6 months later anyway when a Blockbuster opened up a couple miles away, just couldn't compete.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR_WOLFE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 09:40 PM

This one is from 2002.

I was a brand new and single mom. I had just started back working at a movie store part time while my mom babysat. The video store I worked at was on a very busy highway. I had just gotten off work one afternoon and was at the red light exiting my work parking lot, radio station surfing to find something good on to get me through the 10 minute drive home. As I usually do, I got distracted and must have missed the light turn green because the car behind me breaks my reverie with a loud impatient blare of the horn. I give an apologetic hand up in the rear view mirror and step on the gas a little too quickly trying to make up for the delay when out of no where, as my car lurched forward, a semi barrels through their red light right in my path and my sudden brake, mixed with my quick acceleration made my car rock violently back and forth half way into the intersection where my light was still green. my heart stopped and I looked in the rear view where the impatient lady now sat slack jawed, her eyes even bigger than mine. We both just sat there until the light cycled from red to green again and I shook the whole way home just thinking, If I had been paying attention, and went as soon as the light had turned green, I would surely be dead right now.

The Semi was going well over the speed limit. My guess is, upon seeing the light turn yellow, instead of slowing, he guns it, trying to make it through but misjudged and it turned red before he was even close but couldn't stop at that point. God was surely with me that day. Just wasn't my time. I often wonder if that lady ever thinks of that moment, when she ends up behind someone who doesn't right away realize when the light turns green, and if she, instead of laying on the horn, gives a friendly little toot toot instead. I know i sure do. I also look both ways before entering an intersection if I am first in line at the red light that has just turned green. I have also taught my kids to do this and share my story with each one I have taught to drive so far. "Look both ways really quick even if green."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homochitto For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_WOLFE View Post
One more story... While I was in college I worked in a small video store (anyone remember those? or VHS?) right on Rt.6. I got a call one day from a guy I knew who owned another video store about a mile further down Rt. 6. He told me that he was called by a friend who was a cop. His friend told him they had busted a guy who tried to cut a deal by ratting out 2 other guys who were going to rob either his video store or the one I worked at, they weren't sure which one and he wanted to give me a heads up. I started bringing my pistol in with me the next day. About 3 days after the call it's about 11:30pm and I've had almost all the lights out and the doors locked for about a half hour as I cleaned up, counted the till etc. I'm at the counter gathering the bank bag (night deposit) and my bookbag and all when a beat up '70's firebird pulls in with the headlights shining through the plate glass front windows lighting up the counter where I am. I look out and under the street lamp light I can see two guys just sitting in the car watching me. I kind of fooled around for about 5 minutes thinking they may be customers and waiting for them to leave but after 5 minutes of them just sitting there watching me I got a little spooked. I reached into my bookbag pulled out my pistol, held it up in plain sight and pulled the slide back a little to make sure a round was chambered. Then I looked back at them, set the gun on the counter next to me and just stood there staring at them. After about 30 seconds (felt a lot longer) the one guy says something to the other, the car backs out and drives off. I grabbed everything and hightailed it out of there all the while trying to look in every direction at once. Don't know if they were the supposed robbers or if I lost a couple customers that night, either way I'm satisfied with the way it worked out. "My" store and the other one closed about 6 months later anyway when a Blockbuster opened up a couple miles away, just couldn't compete.
Mr Wolfe, coincidentally, my video store was also on Rt 6! ha! Portage, IN Good old movie gallery, we were maybe half a mile down from a blockbuster and both were booming. Kids today will never know the feeling of walking around the movie store and all the copies of what you came for are out so you settle for something else ya dont really wanna see because you aren't going home with nothing to watch. I dont miss late fees though!!