Chipotle asks customers not to bring guns into restaurants - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving to Romania - Can I bring my guns? t5222rm Firearms General Discussion 21 11-23-2015 08:09 PM
Wisconsin Police Chief Asks to Search Homes for Guns ? Then Backpedals AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 4 11-15-2015 09:03 AM
Gun Control PSA Advocates Children Steal Their Parents’ Guns & Bring Them to School scipio337 General Discussion 54 12-27-2014 10:53 AM
Reply from Chipotle Robot General Discussion 152 07-21-2014 09:40 PM
Which Guns To Bring When Things Go Bad Binny Reviews and questions 62 11-29-2012 10:17 PM
School district asks if I have guns Retired11B General Discussion 21 03-01-2012 08:27 PM
When do you bring out the guns? Oni Kadaki Urban Survival 104 08-01-2010 01:34 PM
chipotle marinade for trout or salmon harlequin Recipes 2 03-11-2010 06:23 AM
Homemade chipotle powder Old Philosopher Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 11 09-21-2009 11:14 AM

Old 05-22-2014, 03:53 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,026 Times in 19,645 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by REM View Post
I heard about this on the way out this morning.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27492193

Not on my list of friendly corporations.
It's polite of them to ask.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 05:07 AM
Errrrr

Thanked 14,235 Times in 3,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayson View Post
Second post: I just looked at the pictures and holy moly. If I had been in the restaurant when those folks walked in, I would have exited immediately via another door. No way of discerning their intentions, particularly with magazines inserted into their weapons. (As I suspected.) I'm surprised there weren't more in ACUs/BDUs or hunting camo. And they were FLAUNTING their weapons, not just carrying them as if it was an everyday thing. Posing for pictures, etc.

Idiots.
a gun isn't very useful without a magazine inserted.

I think the fact you'd be scared of them walking in with rifles just shows that more people need to open carry rifles. Carrying a rifle is normal!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Jackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Target Shooter

how stupid do you have to be? announcing this just screams at criminals to come in and rob their stores and shoot their customers. *shakes head*
Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 9,305 Times in 4,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
It goes on the list, a shame too because they had 'decent' food.
No they didn't lol. And it is their right to do so. They are protecting their profits by making sure none of their pussified pajama wearers are scared by guns. No one here has the balls to do do it differently. At least you can respect their rights.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:10 AM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 21,924 Times in 9,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jackson View Post
Carrying a rifle is normal!
It's not normal to carry around a rifle while you're shopping or having lunch. It's odd, unnecessary and provocative.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,326 Times in 5,278 Posts

45 posts, anyone emailed them yet to give them feedback??

I have, here is how to email them:

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/talk_t..._comments.aspx

"I disagree with your ant-gun policy

I will not be a patron of your restaurant any longer."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalguy72 View Post
No they didn't lol.
I stated 'decent' food; it was generally recognizable, and preferred when my other options were McDonalds or one of their clones.

Quote:
And it is their right to do so. They are protecting their profits by making sure none of their pussified pajama wearers are scared by guns. No one here has the balls to do do it differently. At least you can expect their rights.
I do respect their rights, by not carrying my firearm into their store. Something almost everyone posting in this thread has missed is that the restaurant did not just ban openly carried firearms (which I can understand) but decided to ban ALL firearms. Since that is their decision, my decision is to not frequent their restaurant.

There are a lot of Chiplote restaurants in TX and other firearm friendly areas, so I'm sure there will be some backlash from this.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,981 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
It's not normal to carry around a rifle while you're shopping or having lunch. It's odd, unnecessary and provocative.
Actually it is perfectly normal, the fact that you think it is not is the very reason more people need to open carry. We need enough open carrying to decensitise the public to the sight of "scary guns."

That fact that you have stated you are afraid of others having guns goes right in line with your name - a gun for me and none for thee. That is after all how liberals like to operate.

Fact is they were completely legal in their actions. Chipotle is completely within their rights to ban guns on their property.

Next thing we'll see is libshooter "preaching" about how conservatives should be silenced since their message is "scary."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revelation For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 08:02 AM
That's "Ma'am" to you

Thanked 6,763 Times in 1,966 Posts

Quote:
Shannon Watts, founder of the mother's group, praised Chipotle's "bold" decision and said it "shows that you can support the Second Amendment while also taking reasonable measures to ensure that Americans are safe and secure in the places we take our children."
Because of course the saggy pantsed gang banger with his stolen gun in the pocket will certainly abide by the restaurant's rules.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yappat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 44,925 Times in 13,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Actually it is perfectly normal, the fact that you think it is not is the very reason more people need to open carry. We need enough open carrying to decensitise the public to the sight of "scary guns."

That fact that you have stated you are afraid of others having guns goes right in line with your name - a gun for me and none for thee. That is after all how liberals like to operate.

Fact is they were completely legal in their actions. Chipotle is completely within their rights to ban guns on their property.

Next thing we'll see is libshooter "preaching" about how conservatives should be silenced since their message is "scary."
Even in the glory days of gun freedom I'm pretty sure people didn't walk around with rifles slung just for the hell of it unless they were hunting or on their way to a shooting match or militia drilling.

They didn't sling up a rifle just to walk down to the pub.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Here's how the OED defines "normal":

Quote:
Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
There is nothing standard, usual, typical or expected about walking into a suburban burrito joint carrying a rifle. If it were normal the public wouldn't need to be desensitized.

What you're saying is that you wish it were normal. Wishing don't make it so.

Quote:
I'm not afraid of other folks having guns. Everyone should have all they want. I wish we lived in a world in which everyone carried a firearm everywhere they went. We don't live in that world. We never will. That's why I carry my firearm concealed in a holster or my pocket. These dudes should have done that, too.

Quote:
Sure it was legal for these dudes to walk into a Chipotle with their rifles. It was also stupid and douchey.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly support everybody's freedom to express themselves, even idiots with rifles in a taco stand. They should be allowed to do it. They should also be polite and smart enough not to. And now that they were rude enough and dumb enough to carry rifles into a store in which they knew they would be unwelcome, Chipotle is allowed to ask that no one else to do the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 08:14 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
I'm not afraid of other folks having guns. Everyone should have all they want. I wish we lived in a world in which everyone carried a firearm everywhere they went. We don't live in that world. We never will. That's why I carry my firearm concealed in a holster or my pocket. These dudes should have done that, too.
From your posts about this subject you seem to be in fear of any openly carried firearm, even a rifle slung across one's back. That is an irrational fear of an inanimate object, regardless if you carry one yourself or not.

Quote:
I wholeheartedly support everybody's freedom to express themselves, even idiots with rifles in a taco stand. They should be allowed to do it. They should also be polite and smart enough not to. And now that they were rude enough and dumb enough to carry rifles into a store in which they knew they would be unwelcome, Chipotle is allowed to ask that no one else to do the same.
So you support their right to do it, but insist that they should not? What!?
Contradicting yourself over an issue here. That is like saying I respect your right to say what you want to say, but don't do it because it could offend someone (sounds like political correctness).
Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 AM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
From your posts about this subject you seem to be in fear of any openly carried firearm, even a rifle slung across one's back. That is an irrational fear of an inanimate object, regardless if you carry one yourself or not.
The only fear I have of people carrying rifles in inappropriate places, is that it will provoke others to take perfectly legal actions that affect all us gun owners. And lo and behold... It happened here. Last time I had a Chipotle burrito bowl I had my revolver in my jacket pocket. Next time I won't.

Quote:
So you support their right to do it, but insist that they should not? What!?
Contradicting yourself over an issue here. That is like saying I respect your right to say what you want to say, but don't do it because it could offend someone (sounds like political correctness).
It's called self restraint and doing things in their proper time and place. I support everyone's right to loudly object to another person's poor performance. However, there is a proper time and place. In a football stadium surrounded by fifty thousand of your closest friends it may be appropriate to loudly boo a bad call by a referee. In Chipotle it's not appropriate to stand up and loudly boo if the counter girl left the guacamole off your burrito. It might be legal to do so in both instances, but inappropriate in one.

Similarly there are times and places when it's appropriate to carry around a long gun. There's a little deli in my neighborhood pretty close to a popular duck and turkey hunting area. They have racks up for your shotgun, if you stop by for lunch after shooting. They don't want you carrying them around in there either.

It's not appropriate to carry a long gun into a burrito joint just to make a political point.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
The only fear I have of people carrying rifles in inappropriate places, is that it will provoke others to take perfectly legal actions that affect all us gun owners. And lo and behold...
Fear of those that believe that you do not have a right, and the willingness to submit to them to make them feel better.

Quote:
It happened here. Last time I had a Chipotle burrito bowl I had my revolver in my jacket pocket. Next time I won't.
So, you will willingly disarm yourself to make someone feel better. Instead of believing in your right to self defense, you will give up that right of self defense to give that establishment your business.

In essence, you support gun free zones by giving that organization your money. Why even carry a firearm then?

Quote:
Similarly there are times and places when it's appropriate to carry around a long gun. There's a little deli in my neighborhood pretty close to a popular duck and turkey hunting area. They have racks up for your shotgun, if you stop by for lunch after shooting. They don't want you carrying them around in there either.

It's not appropriate to carry a long gun into a burrito joint just to make a political point.
Except that it is illegal in TX to carry anything other than a long gun openly. So, you agree that firearms are dirty and should be hidden? By your stated actions and your belief, you seem to believe that the rights of others trample your own rights. You have already given up your right to self defense and firearms, you just do not realize yet. By your own admission, you will willingly disarm yourself to support a corporate policy that is anti-gun. You are already giving up, but insist that we must treat others' feelings over our own natural rights.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,510 Times in 2,976 Posts

This is the incident that started it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catfish11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish11 View Post
This is the incident that started it.

Two points I brought up above.

1) They are posing for a picture, so take that into account.

2) I believe this was TX, where only long arms are allowed to be open carried.

It amazes me that there are those that must attack the appearance of a person in order to prove an ideological point. That seems to me to be a point that some are losing the argument, akin to saying 'you look fat' when they say the sky is red and are corrected.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:34 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,986 Times in 3,762 Posts

It certainly appears to me the purpose of these guys is to get guns banned from private businesses. Bad enough we have the government trying to ban guns but to push businesses into making these decisions is certainly suspect.

I live in a state where open carry is legal and I don't see folks walking around with guns all the time because contrary to some opinions here, bringing rifles to someone else's place and displaying it in a manner that is threatening without permission is not normal.

"Hello, I would like permission to brandish my weapon and take a couple of photos in your establishment so I can promote open carry. I will do so away from your guest so as not to frightened them."

There is no law that says you have help an elderly person cross the street or open the door for them. But you do it out of courtesy and respect anyways. Something this generation lacks plenty of.

We are not in a state of war so walking around casually displaying your weapon is not going to be accepted by the general public. There is a time and place for such things. Trying to force the public to get used to it by scaring the **** out of them is well juvenile and more important counter productive.

You know what the folks at Chipotle are saying privately about gun owners who are stating they will no longer frequent the establishment? Good! They dont want your business...why they banned guns.

So some ******* goes into an establishment, scares the **** out of guest, then gets guns banned for all of us. Now they say they will not go into Chipotle. Well thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.

Bad enough the government is trying to ban guns now we got this folks getting guns banned from the private sector as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to marbro For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbro View Post
I live in a state where open carry is legal and I don't see folks walking around with guns all the time because contrary to some opinions here, bringing rifles to someone else's place and displaying it in a manner that is threatening without permission is not normal.
Some always assume that any open display of a weapon is brandishing.

Quote:
We are not in a state of war so walking around casually displaying your weapon is not going to be accepted by the general public. There is a time and place for such things. Trying to force the public to get used to it by scaring the **** out of them is well juvenile and more important counter productive.
Because you see no reason for it, no one must have a reason to open carry right?

Quote:
So some ******* goes into an establishment, scares the **** out of guest, then gets guns banned for all of us. Now they say they will not go into Chipotle. Well thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.
Yeah, we have to be careful that we do not offend anyone with our actions, or our words in case they decide that we no longer have the right to use them.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Jeep addict extrodinaire.

Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,873 Posts

Carry concealed and keep eating there if you want. How will they know? :0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Castle71 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Getting There!

Thanked 17,625 Times in 6,837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle71 View Post