LESSONS TO LEARN..Situational Awareness - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 01-31-2020, 09:47 PM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 31,209 Times in 9,012 Posts

Advertise Here

According the Dems, the bad guy is the victim, and the good guy is a vigilante, and everyone else will require years of psychiatric treatment from witnessing such a horrid event.

He should have just called the police.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 6,702 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Frostbite View Post
I ride for a living, must have 30,000 to 40,0000 hours on the bike. I'm alive because those defensive techniques taught to new riders became instinctive many years ago. Every 2 years I still have to pass a full day defensive riding course, organised by my employer and run by Honda, to prevent us becoming complacent.
IF YOU don't mind..
what kind of job gets you riding that much?
Also
must be a warmer location with more than 4 months of riding a year.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
IF YOU don't mind..
what kind of job gets you riding that much?
Also
must be a warmer location with more than 4 months of riding a year.
In Australia, so we ride all year round. Average 6hrs a day, 5 days a week. I deliver mail. I've been riding 40 years. Everything from 110cc mail bikes to 1000cc sportsbikes, Spent some time on racetracks when I was younger.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM
A marathon not a sprint

Thanked 16,726 Times in 4,103 Posts

I am going to say that is a place where situational awareness is likely practiced more than in my locale . Maybe instead of guarding those whom are not developing awareness, they should be facing the logical consequences of their blundering around so they learn through repeated consequences ? Apparently the guy that was committing the robbery will not be adding any further to the gene pool.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:19 PM
Hunter/Survivor

Thanked 1,087 Times in 339 Posts

The good guy pistolero looks to his left twice before gunman appears, almost as if he is expecting him. Bad guy seems to arrive with 2 guys, unknown if they were look-outs. Good guy has tremendous peace of mind as he draws and point shoots and then goes outside either to look for other bad guys and/or to await the police. Im thinking he was off duty Brazilian Cop or military police (also taking into consideration the auto pistol).
PRIORITARIO (on the black seats by window) seem to mean principal municipalities in Brazil, so go figure...
Just my take.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluesman60 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2020, 07:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,395 Times in 1,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
And a pistol

Thatís not right
Old 02-10-2020, 10:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,941 Times in 3,195 Posts

I thought that was an off duty cop in the states somewhere. They show another view of it in the video I saw. The cop came pretty close to shooting one of the staff . You see her checking herself .
Old 02-10-2020, 10:33 PM
Limited Access Member

Thanked 9,450 Times in 4,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Looks like a full sized semi he was concealing in his gym shorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
And a pistol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeeDaddy View Post

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2020, 06:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroo View Post
Gotta love a happy ending! Dropped to the ground like the lifeless pos he was. Lucky for the good guy the others ran. And the other customer was obviously a clueless subject.
I don't think the others were with the bad guy.
He came from behind them and cut in front.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,163 Times in 2,483 Posts

I love a happy ending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2020, 10:36 AM
Born 120 years too late.

TRIPLE TAP to the head did seem a little excessive

I don't think the shooter was a cop because he clearly had the upper hand in the situation The robber acted as if he wasn't even there, and he never tried to take the guy, he just shot him.

He could have just as easily screwed the gun into the guys ear(It is a definite attention getter) and told him life is short and his is getting shorter, to be measured in micro seconds. I have screwed my sidearm into the ears of hundreds of dirtbags in my life and once that cold muzzle was pressed to flesh I never even had them twitch without asking permission to do so.

Shorts guy had a total control position and instead he killed.

After all my years in LE, it just offended my Frank Buck mentality if he was really a PO.

Also
if getting critical about it, if you want to drop someone without having them reflex flinch off a round you do not shoot them in the top of the head. ..That guarantees a flinch convulsion... which the guy did. Gotta place that round down by the cerebral cortex. If facing the target your best point of aim is right between the two front teeth. IF side like that it is behind the ear

Still a good shoot if a civy, but in cop world there would be a lot of questions to be answered because I can guarantee you the very first question TPTB will ask is "DID YOU TRY TO ARREST HIM before you shot him?"
Old 02-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,163 Times in 2,483 Posts

Quote:
TRIPLE TAP to the head did seem a little excessive

I don't think the shooter was a cop because he clearly had the upper hand in the situation The robber acted as if he wasn't even there, and he never tried to take the guy, he just shot him.

He could have just as easily screwed the gun into the guys ear(It is a definite attention getter) and told him life is short and his is getting shorter, to be measured in micro seconds. I have screwed my sidearm into the ears of hundreds of dirtbags in my life and once that cold muzzle was pressed to flesh I never even had them twitch without asking permission to do so.

Shorts guy had a total control position and instead he killed.

After all my years in LE, it just offended my Frank Buck mentality if he was really a PO.

Also

if getting critical about it, if you want to drop someone without having them reflex flinch off a round you do not shoot them in the top of the head. ..That guarantees a flinch convulsion... which the guy did. Gotta place that round down by the cerebral cortex. If facing the target your best point of aim is right between the two front teeth. IF side like that it is behind the ear

Still a good shoot if a civy, but in cop world there would be a lot of questions to be answered because I can guarantee you the very first question TPTB will ask is "DID YOU TRY TO ARREST HIM before you shot him?"

Well itís in Brazil so I doubt they have the same procedures as we do here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marlin94 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post
Well itís in Brazil so I doubt they have the same procedures as we do here.

Procedure #1 being, this is Brazil, so take ZERO chances. Eliminate the scumbag with the gun before he dispatches you, customer schmuck, and lady worker over $36 real
The Following User Says Thank You to T.$.Racing For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 02:22 PM
For Conversation's Sake.

Thanked 18,698 Times in 5,662 Posts

Quote:
I have screwed my sidearm into the ears of hundreds of dirtbags in my life and once that cold muzzle was pressed to flesh I never even had them twitch without asking permission to do so.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaBeeDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 09:30 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBeeDaddy View Post

GO WORK in ghetto land for 20 years where every 4th or 5th car has someone with warrants for them and it is simply the easiest way to get them out of a car without chances of things getting more interesting than they have to be.

I can tell you first hand the problems that arise from shooting people in today's world. If you are lucky it is beyond question and you have a decent prosecutor and cops who report it correctly. But still you will be questioned because if you are NOT police you have no obligation to get involved and they will ask WHY you did other than being a good witness.

If you are unlucky you have cops who slant because the chief has an agenda against civilians and guns and a prosecutor who doesn't mind making 'gun people" miserable regardless of how the law is written. And even though you may be clean when it is all over with you will have spent thousands of $$$ on your defense, spent a lot of sleepless nights and some serious fraying of nerves as your reward for being a good citizen.

Just advice that if you are a civilian in a BG shooting situation and you don't want to be tied up in court or sued or beat up by the ACLU lawyers, no matter how clean the shoot is, you can control the situation without killing someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post: