Running 16+ inches barrel on AR pistol? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 02-09-2020, 12:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 31,695 Times in 7,507 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric45acp View Post
I run a wooden dowel down the barrel, mark the wood, and measure. The mark touches the left side of the 16 line so that tells me that a it ca both be considered 16 or almost 16 inches and a person can be charged with unlawful sbr and would need a good lawyer to argue on that technicality. Oddly, you failed to comprehend that.
Seriously dude, you are failing to impress me. You were the one who stated it measured 15.9999" inches. *sheesh*

Is your FH permanently attached? If yes then don't worry about it. YHM has been doing this a long time. That's not to say in CA they aren't intentionally using a cheap ruler that may or may not be accurate. Seeing how screwed up your state is I'd put nothing past them. You'd better drop it in a lake somewhere.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2020, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srchdawg View Post
Dang Eric your a brute for punishment carrying all those hunting song dogs. I carry my 16" RRA and a ccw plus hunting kit and it's all good. Also in WV you can hunt with a 30 or 40 round mag or a drum if you want to pack the weight.
Coyotes and hogs donít fall under game hunting regulations and I treat the event more as fun putting than anything. It is on private club property so I can be out there up to 7 days and not worry about anything beside hav8ng enough water. An AR pistol and two extra upper will fit into a Condor double rifle bag. My preference is to have the short barrel install and up front in the front with me in the mule and swap out for a longer barrel or even the 6.5 Grendel once at location.

Quick update: I completely cleaned the upper that had FTF malfunction with CLP and everything is working now. I think the heavy grease use prior to putting it away in storage must have caused the bolt to slide/slip over round instead of pushing it into the chamber. No grease for AR from now on.

This is why I like AK system better as the bolt digs up the round at a slight angle verse as straight-line load. Unfortunately, AK system doesnít offer quick swap and I am not carrying 3 full size guns with me. And there is no law regarding barrel length for pistol and hogs and coyotes donít fall under hunting regulations. So glad I never went SBR route back in the 90s when it was a rave.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Seriously dude, you are failing to impress me. You were the one who stated it measured 15.9999" inches. *sheesh*

Is your FH permanently attached? If yes then don't worry about it. YHM has been doing this a long time. That's not to say in CA they aren't intentionally using a cheap ruler that may or may not be accurate. Seeing how screwed up your state is I'd put nothing past them. You'd better drop it in a lake somewhere.
I think we got off on a wrong foot. Let’s focus on who the enemies are. I still remember Randy Weaver case and if they were willing to go after him back then, they have no problem going after anyone else.

I was being super cautious as I know ATF and cops aren’t out to protect us. That upper looks very short due to the shorten handguard and one of my ruler says it can be interpreted as not a true 16. I got this upper back during the price hike for around $400 but AR is so versatile that a over ambitious justice system can argue that I built it instead of it being OEM. Gun laws suck and I know of a few crooked cops that love to confiscate guns as they sell them to local gun stores monthly to raise funds and there is a financial incentive to confiscate as much as possible just as speeding ticket system is always rigged. In addition, I am only 15 miles from asstf super data center, where they keep more than 4473 paper copies.