Martial Law - Page 5 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 04-04-2020, 04:58 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 62,286 Times in 21,294 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
I know that you are using the second person singular "you" to mean the third person singular "one," but I am 'that guy' who makes it a regular pastime to try to be a test case for this kind of crap. Sadly, they never take the bait, preferring, instead, to harass more compliant people.
Be the test case if you like. But proving that it is martial law means being grabbed or shot by the military. You don't get a civil court visit either. If you end up in court then you prove me right that it isn't martial law, just police state oppression.

Military court under martial law is at best 5 minutes in the tent with the local military commander. That is literally the best you can get. If the corporal on the street corner says shoot him then that's all she wrote.

Fight the civil authorities to your heart's content. Judges, lawyers, media outrage, and a clever argument are your weapons.

Don't grab your soapbox when you have armed military in your face. They don't care and aren't smart enough to be swayed by clever arguments. All you can do is irritate a man with a gun, who hates his job, isn't particularly wise, has almost no patience, and has permission to shoot.

The side of the road is not a courtroom. Trying to prove me wrong could get you in prisoner stockade w/o trial at best or shot otherwise.

That would be a horrible waste. Save it for when civil order is restored.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 02:58 PM

Posted in my front window
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Caution - door gunner.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	301016  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pkunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 03:31 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,325 Times in 3,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
Thatís not a wise thing to do......
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 09:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,868 Times in 3,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
I have a cat or two in my window. It's a distraction while I grab my wife and throw her out the door. Should give me enough time to duck out the back door.
The Following User Says Thank You to Good beer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 10:28 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good beer View Post
I have a cat or two in my window. It's a distraction while I grab my wife and throw her out the door. Should give me enough time to duck out the back door.
Too much work when you should be reloading.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 11:36 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,311 Times in 452 Posts
Default If you quote me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
That is not true. If a state of emergency has been declared all sorts of other laws get enacted. They are enforceable with legal standing and you certainly can be fined or charged with a crime. You might not like it and can argue against it all you want but as of right now it's legal standing. The better course of action would to be where they are not. Use good common sense and don't fall on your sword to prove you can be out in public. Worry about that later. Posting things like you did might give some uninformed folks bad ideas which would lead to worse outcomes. Of course they could always say in their trial "BillM" from the internet said you had no authority unless you had a warrant....
If you quote me, quote me !

I did not say a warrant.

I said" ask if they have a court order."

You can not impose a legal quarantine without a court order.
The Following User Says Thank You to BillM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 01:08 AM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
If you quote me, quote me !

I did not say a warrant.

I said" ask if they have a court order."

You can not impose a legal quarantine without a court order.
Ok, we will go with "Court Order" if you like. Hopefully it never happens but if they do so and you decide to fall on your sword the results are going to be the same. Yes, years and years later your case might be heard in Federal Court for some form of civil rights violations. I believe they will be. However, in todays world go right ahead and tell them you want a "Court Order" for a quarantine. You do understand about emergency orders and the like governors can enact? They might not be right or Constitutional but arguing in the moment isn't going to do you any favors.

What you choose to do I have no issue with. Where I have cause for concern is people posting things like this where young impressionable people read it. They will get all wound up and find themselves with a all expense paid tour of the local gray bar hotel courtesy of "The internet" Those actions will have consequences they might well pay for the rest of their lives.

I'm not saying what is going on is right or even legal but now is the time not to fall on your sword because you will be screaming into the forest. I know people will jump all over this with chest beating rantings about the police state. That's fine, I don't mind. When the rubber meets the road they too will be treated just the same. I doubt many will stick up for all of their "beliefs" when faced with public orders. I'm not trying to insult you nor am I trying to pick a fight. What I'm saying is don't tell people on the internet to get into the faces of people with no sense of humor and for the time have legal standing because you are going to loose.

I would far more recommend this "Gray man" strategy everyone talks about here. Don't be there, be somewhere else. Comply then go about your business if it's that important. It's not that hard and falling on your sword now is going to prove what?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 01:34 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

The side of the road isn't a court room.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 02:02 AM

The government and cops where I am are ridiculous. They are going as far as almost killing someone because of the curfew we have.
The Following User Says Thank You to ducts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 02:16 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducts View Post
The government and cops where I am are ridiculous. They are going as far as almost killing someone because of the curfew we have.
Protip: Curfews mean stay home except for authorized people and medical emergencies.

I assume you are outside the US because we don't have those levels of curfews here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 04:55 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 34,848 Times in 9,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
Be the test case if you like. But proving that it is martial law means being grabbed or shot by the military. You don't get a civil court visit either. If you end up in court then you prove me right that it isn't martial law, just police state oppression.

Military court under martial law is at best 5 minutes in the tent with the local military commander. That is literally the best you can get. If the corporal on the street corner says shoot him then that's all she wrote.

Fight the civil authorities to your heart's content. Judges, lawyers, media outrage, and a clever argument are your weapons.

Don't grab your soapbox when you have armed military in your face. They don't care and aren't smart enough to be swayed by clever arguments. All you can do is irritate a man with a gun, who hates his job, isn't particularly wise, has almost no patience, and has permission to shoot.

The side of the road is not a courtroom. Trying to prove me wrong could get you in prisoner stockade w/o trial at best or shot otherwise.

That would be a horrible waste. Save it for when civil order is restored.
If that's the case you might as well shoot them on sight. Ain't got nothing to lose.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:14 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
If that's the case you might as well shoot them on sight. Ain't got nothing to lose.
Or just choose not to confront when they just want to get off-shift and back to their temp quarters.

Maybe confine your last stand for where it counts the most. In your home, not the street corner.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 45,206 Times in 13,825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducts View Post
Needs a source.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 03:08 PM
Golfer

Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
A government that is afraid to ask people to stay home is not going to impose martial law.
LOL!! Though a tough guy governor could call out the guard.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:16 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 124,407 Times in 24,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
The side of the road isn't a court room.
And a courtroom isn't the side of the road. And the side of the road is where the people are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of their rights.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 10:24 AM
Golfer

Thanked 3,055 Times in 1,669 Posts

An awful lot of bull**** posted here by "experts" in martial law. Pro tip: there is no such person. Anyone claiming to be one is an arrogant fraud.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 8,154 Times in 3,336 Posts

Well, the only "experience" i have with Martial Law was stories from my grandfather during WW2. You stayed inside and listened, or they shot you. If you're unlucky, they didn't even warn, and they sure as hell didn't listen to anything you said.

Sooo, good luck having that argument about rights on the side of the road when you just want to relax and you're in the right. I wouldn't suggest it if you would want to survive under actual martial law.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
And a courtroom isn't the side of the road. And the side of the road is where the people are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of their rights.
The universe never promised you it would be fair.

Nor did your parents or teachers either.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:29 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 34,848 Times in 9,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Well, the only "experience" i have with Martial Law was stories from my grandfather during WW2. You stayed inside and listened, or they shot you. If you're unlucky, they didn't even warn, and they sure as hell didn't listen to anything you said.

Sooo, good luck having that argument about rights on the side of the road when you just want to relax and you're in the right. I wouldn't suggest it if you would want to survive under actual martial law.
I might die, but so will they.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:40 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
I might die, but so will they.
You know your vindication that way will be swept under the rug or distorted by the news.

A few years later it will morph into a heroic guardsman with a grieving family shot down in his prime by a lunatic.

You only get to make these kinds of points once. Smarter to do it so the lesson is better remembered.

Focus on being a Nathan Hale instead of a David Koresh when you pull your final stunt.