The New Trijicon VCOG 1-8x28 is a Must Have For A Properly Equipped Rifle - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Properly Mount a Scope on a Rifle or Shotgun AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-27-2018 12:00 PM
Is their any reason to have a bolt action rifle instead of an AR-10? Aerindel Firearms General Discussion 236 09-17-2018 04:59 PM
SHTF Reload Questions Potawami II Firearms General Discussion 49 05-16-2018 11:46 AM
Pellet Rifle Myths. nomadshooter Firearms General Discussion 14 12-25-2017 02:55 PM

Old 06-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Hiker

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo2 View Post
But it is a must have?
You said so yourself.
I didn't mean for me.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 27,915 Times in 6,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
Well I don't have one but it's on the list. I just know that by making a general habit of avoiding cheap or shoddy equipment I will save myself from aggravation and possibly save my life.
And pray tell how do you make these recommendations if you don't have one? Because some other anonymous person on an internet forum said so? <roll eyes>

The scopes I have I use. And they are not cheap scopes either. And none cost $2800. Unless I decide to invest in a March but it's getting close to Camp Perry time so I guess the NF will have to do just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,598 Times in 6,191 Posts

Burris makes a Good quality scope comparable to the ACOG , and Nikon's Varmint Scopes with BDC are pretty dang good as well with a threaded Honey Comb as well AKA as AGD or Anti Glare Device. JMHO and S/FI!
Old 06-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNGRIZZ View Post
Burris makes a Good quality scope comparable to the ACOG , and Nikon's Varmint Scopes with BDC are pretty dang good as well with a threaded Honey Comb as well AKA as AGD or Anti Glare Device. JMHO and S/FI!
No, they really don't. If you are going to start comparing Chinese made hobby scopes to ACOG's you are only demonstrating your lack of knowledge. Please leave this discussion to the Subject Matter Experts or at the very least RKI's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nightvisionary For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Survivor

Quote:
No, they really don't. If you are going to start comparing Chinese made hobby scopes to ACOG's you are only demonstrating your lack of knowledge. Please leave this discussion to the Subject Matter Experts or at the very least RKI's.
You are so absolutely SOOOO right the rest of us are just amatuer's compared to a tried and true professional such as yourself. There are other options available out there and not everyone is Super Rich or has access to a MEMBERS only range like you. In addition they have families and other obligations. Have your ever asked yourself how Americas Founding Fathers beat the British with mostly smooth bore 20 and 28 gauge barn guns or fowlers a big butcher knife and Hatchet plus a few rifles , because they did not listen to naysayers who told them they and their weapons were inferior. IMHO people need to explore all options available to them examine their finances and do the best they can. PK and I as well has others on here could afford ACOGS no doubt. But there are other options and thank God we are in the United States of America because a whole lot of other nations do not have those options at all or the few they have are decided by Elmer Fudd bootlickers who have no concept of TRUE FREEDOM or Individual Liberties what so ever. JMHO and S/FI!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 03:51 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,611 Times in 933 Posts

Quote:
Please leave this discussion to the Subject Matter Experts
Such as people that actually own one?
Gotcha....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woowoo2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 04:54 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,028 Posts

I ain't a subject matter expert, but the price seems to indicate that it's a optic meant for it to be bought with US Tax dollars..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MadDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Survivor

He's the only one professional enough......
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 09:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,351 Times in 3,471 Posts

Quote:
Holy **** what an *******. To the ignore list with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadmeat99 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2019, 10:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,119 Times in 1,087 Posts

Overpriced scope .must have?? Not a chance..
What's next mall ninja?
The Following User Says Thank You to clc79092 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 01:16 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc79092 View Post
Overpriced scope .must have?? Not a chance..
What's next mall ninja?
It's not overpriced it's just more than you can afford.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:40 AM
If I had a voice I'd sing

Thanked 22,542 Times in 5,595 Posts

Quote:
So.

You say this thing is a "must have".

Then you say that you don't own one yourself because apparently you can't afford one.

Then you say us peasants can't afford one because we spend all our money on beer and something else (I forget). After you talk about going to a redneck wedding with a Carhart wearing Bubba and a (presumably obese) Trailer Angel bride.

And that's fine if that's your lifestyle. I don't have a problem with that at all. In fact, I think it's great. We all should be happy, and I prefer to live a simple life myself. One that doesn't focus on possessing all the latest gadgets, even if they are gun gadgets.

But your condescending attitude and the obvious projection means that that you actually are NO'T happy. You're lashing out. Inventing this fake image of yourself while accusing everyone else of being the person you hate.

Yourself.

So I'm just here to tell you. This will not help you. Just be happy to love who you are, and to embrace the good things in your life! You don't have to project this image that no one here believes.

If you keep going with this attitude, you will not find any satisfaction in trolling the people here because they will all just think you are a douchebag, and you're not going to get anyone riled up by trolling because they've seen it all before, a thousand times.

Peace!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarco2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 03:03 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,087 Times in 4,491 Posts

The vcog actually is overpriced. $2800 is ATACR or S&B on sale money, and the 1-6 VCOG had issues, so Im not convinced of the 1-8's integrity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unobtanium For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarco2000 View Post
So.

You say this thing is a "must have".

Then you say that you don't own one yourself because apparently you can't afford one.

Then you say us peasants can't afford one because we spend all our money on beer and something else (I forget). After you talk about going to a redneck wedding with a Carhart wearing Bubba and a (presumably obese) Trailer Angel bride.

And that's fine if that's your lifestyle. I don't have a problem with that at all. In fact, I think it's great. We all should be happy, and I prefer to live a simple life myself. One that doesn't focus on possessing all the latest gadgets, even if they are gun gadgets.

But your condescending attitude and the obvious projection means that that you actually are NO'T happy. You're lashing out. Inventing this fake image of yourself while accusing everyone else of being the person you hate.

Yourself.

So I'm just here to tell you. This will not help you. Just be happy to love who you are, and to embrace the good things in your life! You don't have to project this image that no one here believes.

If you keep going with this attitude, you will not find any satisfaction in trolling the people here because they will all just think you are a douchebag, and you're not going to get anyone riled up by trolling because they've seen it all before, a thousand times.

Peace!

We are all here for entertainment on some level. Like I have said many times over, I was on the internet when there was only a single gun forum. All questions were asked, answered, and re-asked 100 times by 2002. I am the persona I always have been. Over the years many have taken the same role as you and several others and have said nearly the exact same things as you have here. It's almost as if there are about a dozen scripts that are used over and over. Everyone fits neatly into their assigned role, you, AZ Highcountry, Tenngrizz, even Putnam. Internet forums are like the movie Groundhog Day for me so I long ago learned to find hidden value in these forums. Even though I have been here Im the stranger in these here parts riding into the town to watch ya'll paint it red.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Target Shooter

Thanked 2,354 Times in 447 Posts

Quote:
We are all here for entertainment on some level. Like I have said many times over, I was on the internet when there was only a single gun forum. All questions were asked, answered, and re-asked 100 times by 2002. I am the persona I always have been. Over the years many have taken the same role as you and several others and have said nearly the exact same things as you have here. It's almost as if there are about a dozen scripts that are used over and over. Everyone fits neatly into their assigned role, you, AZ Highcountry, Tenngrizz, even Putnam. Internet forums are like the movie Groundhog Day for me so I long ago learned to find hidden value in these forums. Even though I have been here Im the stranger in these here parts riding into the town to watch ya'll paint it red.
Says the quintessential internet badass. You are a troll and nothing more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mast3rBlast3r For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mast3rBlast3r View Post
Says the quintessential internet badass. You are a troll and nothing more.
I knew that you were going to write that before you did. Even if true, which I deny, it changes nothing.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,359 Times in 4,319 Posts

It's less about the price (while steep), and more about the weight. Yes, I want a 1-8x with a true 1x "sun-bright" dot that comes in under one pound and built tough enough to handle the stresses of 3 gun or combat. NightForce and Kahles are getting the closest. For a bench gun, I can think of much less expensive options; as a defensive gun, three pounds added to my rifle is absurd.

While one's requirements should drive the optics need, I do like the added magnification of 6x or 8x, but I can do PID and significantly increase my hit probability with a good 1-4x LPVO on a 5.56 rifle. Primary Arms and Vortex (and a few others) are really offering a lot of capability and quality at a fraction of the price. I'm all for buying the best you can afford, but many can't squeeze the performance out of low-mid tier optics and there are some spec-ops wannabes who have the money yet can't shoot MOA with a $2000 scope. So, while your budget is important, so is your skill-level and a high-dollar optic won't improve your marksmanship skills if you don't have the fundamentals down and the discipline to maximize what you currently have.

ROCK6
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
I'm all for buying the best you can afford, but many can't squeeze the performance out of low-mid tier optics and there are some spec-ops wannabes who have the money yet can't shoot MOA with a $2000 scope. So, while your budget is important, so is your skill-level and a high-dollar optic won't improve your marksmanship skills if you don't have the fundamentals down and the discipline to maximize what you currently have.

ROCK6
This!! Exactly!!

There were several of us who commented when the CMP started to allow optics that "you aren't suddenly going to go from hacker class to President's 100 overnight. If your skills suck you still suck. Gotta work on fundamentals too."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post
It's less about the price (while steep), and more about the weight. Yes, I want a 1-8x with a true 1x "sun-bright" dot that comes in under one pound and built tough enough to handle the stresses of 3 gun or combat. NightForce and Kahles are getting the closest. For a bench gun, I can think of much less expensive options; as a defensive gun, three pounds added to my rifle is absurd.

While one's requirements should drive the optics need, I do like the added magnification of 6x or 8x, but I can do PID and significantly increase my hit probability with a good 1-4x LPVO on a 5.56 rifle. Primary Arms and Vortex (and a few others) are really offering a lot of capability and quality at a fraction of the price. I'm all for buying the best you can afford, but many can't squeeze the performance out of low-mid tier optics and there are some spec-ops wannabes who have the money yet can't shoot MOA with a $2000 scope. So, while your budget is important, so is your skill-level and a high-dollar optic won't improve your marksmanship skills if you don't have the fundamentals down and the discipline to maximize what you currently have.

ROCK6
My Brother you are spot on but alas the Mall Ninjas of the world do not have to BZO their weapons for mortal combat or WWZ on the Internet. LOL and S/FI!
The Following User Says Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 03:15 AM
operatorchan.org

Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,007 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Some of us happen to have more brain cells than dollars in the bank. Don't get me wrong, Trijicon makes great products. I own a few. But for half a months pay, I'll stick to investing in my BOL.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strokes762 For This Useful Post: