CIA Recommendations: "Go Bag" - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2020, 04:42 AM
ROCK6's Avatar
ROCK6 ROCK6 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgia/Virginia
Posts: 5,879
Thanks: 6,826
Thanked 13,503 Times in 4,355 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Funny post, but don't forget that a lot of "operatives" are just gathering intel, working contacts, etc. I consider most of them social secretaries. We had a similar recommendation when I was a contractor in Afghanistan as we didn't fall under the military SOFA and if something bad happened, we were advised to bug out of country quickly.

Nothing too crazy, but passport, cash and credit cards are key.

ROCK6
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2020, 11:57 PM
PromptCritical PromptCritical is online now
Prepared
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 306
Thanks: 347
Thanked 568 Times in 198 Posts
Default

I was telling my nephew about this guy at the army surplus store telling me about his top-secret ventures. I explained that real secretive covert operatives don't discuss their assignments in public. I finished by telling him "We just don't do that." LOL
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PromptCritical For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2020, 04:55 AM
ROCK6's Avatar
ROCK6 ROCK6 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgia/Virginia
Posts: 5,879
Thanks: 6,826
Thanked 13,503 Times in 4,355 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromptCritical View Post
I was telling my nephew about this guy at the army surplus store telling me about his top-secret ventures. I explained that real secretive covert operatives don't discuss their assignments in public. I finished by telling him "We just don't do that." LOL
Just about anyone who talks about it never did it...likely there only involvement was some support nug working comms or delivering lunches
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:27 PM
Armtx77 Armtx77 is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 410 Times in 168 Posts
Default

I recently walked through the military section at Barnes and Noble...

Plenty of super secret squirrels, telling all, to sell a couple of books.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Armtx77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Ankylus's Avatar
Ankylus Ankylus is offline
Listen to the ghosts
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 4,951
Thanks: 5,337
Thanked 8,807 Times in 3,292 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
OF COURSE..
You know anyone who clicked on that link is now officially on a CIA black list for extermination ..."when the time comes."
Meh, we're all already on a couple of their lists anyway.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Sis's Avatar
Sis Sis is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 278
Thanks: 4,450
Thanked 765 Times in 177 Posts
Default

My dad use to be a contract employee in the Mid East after retiring from the US Air Force. He traveled light. A regular Samosonite brief case. Three pairs of tighty whites, three pairs of socks, pass port, US drivers license, electric shaver, cash, credit cards, paper address book. Duty job letter. And that was eat. He would wear his comfortable shoes and clothes and buy in country what he needed. He always had his exit air line ticket with him. This worked well for him until his employer bailed out if the country he was working in leaving a lot of their now former employees stuck in limbo since the company took possession of employee pass ports. Stuck in Saudi Arabia what do you do. He had his address book and contacts and he paid cash to get locals to get him to another country, then went to the embassy there for a replacement passport. He said GO bags need to be specific to what the traveler expects and does not expect to happen. He was riot to listen to his few stories of the FUBARs contractors face.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Sis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2020, 11:33 PM
DVSlayer DVSlayer is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
OF COURSE..
You know anyone who clicked on that link is now officially on a CIA black list for extermination ..."when the time comes."
hahaha let's hope not.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2020, 04:28 AM
ROCK6's Avatar
ROCK6 ROCK6 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgia/Virginia
Posts: 5,879
Thanks: 6,826
Thanked 13,503 Times in 4,355 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sis View Post
My dad use to be a contract employee in the Mid East after retiring from the US Air Force. He traveled light. A regular Samosonite brief case. Three pairs of tighty whites, three pairs of socks, pass port, US drivers license, electric shaver, cash, credit cards, paper address book. Duty job letter. And that was eat. He would wear his comfortable shoes and clothes and buy in country what he needed. He always had his exit air line ticket with him. This worked well for him until his employer bailed out if the country he was working in leaving a lot of their now former employees stuck in limbo since the company took possession of employee pass ports. Stuck in Saudi Arabia what do you do. He had his address book and contacts and he paid cash to get locals to get him to another country, then went to the embassy there for a replacement passport. He said GO bags need to be specific to what the traveler expects and does not expect to happen. He was riot to listen to his few stories of the FUBARs contractors face.
Training, mindset, problem solving skills, manipulation, improvisation, situational awareness are all the required skills.

I'll share a story of a very close friend who did some urban E&E training with a special group. He trained in the Seattle area. The goal was to be literally stripped to nothing but underwear and being able to equip yourself and E&E out of the immediate area. They did get into escaping techniques, lock picking, etc. along with various urban evasion techniques. Ironically, blending in often led to the seedy areas of the homeless.

Graduation test was that they were dropped off in a seedy area of Portland, OR, with literally shorts and nothing else and they had a timeframe to get back to Seattle. I don't recall any OPFOR, but the challenge required some panhandling, persuasion, and manipulation skills. He made it and said it was both humbling and eye opening...but worth the training. He also acknowledged that even a small, well-thought out kit is extremely beneficial and would make situations like that exponentially easier...

ROCK6
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 03:08 AM
kl0an's Avatar
kl0an kl0an is offline
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rock - Me - Hard Place
Posts: 1,940
Thanks: 229
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteandfuzzybunnies View Post

But either way you are more likely to use toilet paper than a map or fire starter.
I just can't see myself wiping my rear end with fire starter.. I mean cotton balls and ky jelly?? I don't think it'd clean you up that well..
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 03:10 AM
kl0an's Avatar
kl0an kl0an is offline
Grumpy Old Bastard
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rock - Me - Hard Place
Posts: 1,940
Thanks: 229
Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCK6 View Post

Graduation test was that they were dropped off in a seedy area of Portland, OR, with literally shorts and nothing else and they had a timeframe to get back to Seattle. I don't recall any OPFOR, but the challenge required some panhandling, persuasion, and manipulation skills. He made it and said it was both humbling and eye opening...but worth the training. He also acknowledged that even a small, well-thought out kit is extremely beneficial and would make situations like that exponentially easier...

ROCK6
All you need to survive in Portland is a blue tarp, a grocery cart, and a cardboard sign that says "Vet, anything helps."
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2020, 02:20 AM
pengyou pengyou is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 796
Thanks: 1,353
Thanked 563 Times in 316 Posts
Default

Do people still use travelers checks? Do places still take them? The banks in China do not - you would have to go to a main branch in one of the 4 main banks in one of the larger cities to cash one.but don't worry! Once the chip has been implanted in you, you will just have to pass the wand over the chip to get your money...or get arrested
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 09:42 AM
JerseyHomestead JerseyHomestead is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 838
Thanks: 743
Thanked 1,208 Times in 503 Posts
Default

No AR or handgun and 10 spare mags
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net