Mattis, "the world's most overrated general" responds - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-18-2019, 04:27 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,912 Times in 916 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
Mattis is a legend and legends never die. I am surprised he even responded to Trump‘s absurdity. A simple laugh it off would have sufficed.
Oh hell no he’s not, how do you come up with that? Had Trump not turned him into a national figure he’d be a greeter at a Wal-Mart in Kansas...
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,209 Times in 2,528 Posts

Quote:
I am surprised he even responded to Trump‘s absurdity. A simple laugh it off would have sufficed.
agreed...this should be done more by all politicians across both parties. Thick skin for everyone nowadays seems to be a thing of the past.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FalconsBravesHawks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,388 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
Quote:
Mattis is a legend and legends never die. I am surprised he even responded to Trump‘s absurdity. A simple laugh it off would have sufficed.
Oh hell no he’s not, how do you come up with that? Had Trump not turned him into a national figure he’d be a greeter at a Wal-Mart in Kansas...
Are you kidding me. Check out his bio. He commanded the 7th marines in the gulf war that liberated Kuwait from saddam. This unit was an i integral spearhead and made quick work of getting saddam to back up.

In Afghanistan he commanded the 1st marine expeditionary unit call sign CHAOS. Task force 58 were involved in the initial planning phase. A marine commanding a naval task force that included navy seals. He was assigned to deal with Kandahar which was the last holed out. Some conventional units were preparing to deploy to Kandahar if it didn’t fall. They didn’t have too because mattis was successful. You know how many lives he saved by not having to bust down doors in the process of taking that city.

The B52 friendly fire incident and his decision to delay a rescue operation is a blotch on his resume but by all accounts his marines claim that you would see mattis out on the lines in the freezing cold with them, unlike other commanders.

In Iraq he commanded the 1st marines who did the door to door combat in Fallujah. Probably the hardest campaign in the entire war.

When the US was faced with some of toughest battles, mattis was the guy they called. This is not even including his later command positions in US central command etc; I am talking about just his time during war campaigns.

No one is perfect and you can find some questionable calls, but you cannot deny that this guy was the one they called in the face of some of the most challenging combat endeavors this country has ever faced. He was serving his country while trump was defrauding kids at trump university and bankrupting his companies taking advantage of the bankruptcy laws. Please, both names shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same sentence. It’s an insult to CHAOS.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 05:08 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,411 Times in 19,759 Posts

Quote:
Have you been living in a cave? Go back a year and read some of the things people ON THIS VERY FORUM have said about Gen. Mattis.
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,912 Times in 916 Posts

Truth is Obama fired Mattis. Let that sink in ...Obama fired Mattis, Obama your hero. President Trump tried to give him a 2nd chance, the man couldn’t/wouldn’t follow orders. Not a good look for a leader.
No-one said a word when Obama fired him but oh my God... Trump fires him and all of a sudden Mattis is a God.
Mattis failed in Afghanistan and the Middle East.

It simply is what it is...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,033 Times in 18,711 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Ironically? Why in God’s name should one American solider have to die in that ****ing waste land known as the Middle East? They are 100 years behind the rest of the world, they are still tribes that fight their neighbors and surrounding tribes, that’s what they do and in another 100 years they will still be doing it.
In fact if science does figure out how to do without fossil fuels that whole area will not matter to any civilized country in the world. They can go back to their goat herding and killing each other, I doubt anyone will care.
The Kurds are so backasswards that when given the opportunity to have their own government and country after WW1 they couldn’t/wouldn’t form a government.
Trumps right on this, the Kurds aren’t our allies they just needed us for there own survival while fighting ISIS.
We need to quit being the worlds police and stop trying to nation build.

Not one more dead America solider over there...

Oil! If there is one reason we send our men to die in that dust-bowl it's OIL. Don't let any liar tell you it's for "freedom & liberty" or to "save the children" because that would be pure BS!
Old 10-18-2019, 08:06 PM

I don't care about Trump chicken fighting with his latest target of choice, but I'd give a thousand dollars to be able to slap the crap out of Lindy Graham. That guy just plain bugs me. I wish Trump would show some spine and go after Graham.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:19 PM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Yeah, we get it, you’re gonna waste your vote and help the left by going third party, or maybe even straight left....not that Trump ever really had your support anyway.

Anyway, Trump is an idiot, he says stupid things....whatever. The country is still better off with him as the President than we’d have been with anyone else that ran in 2016, or that will run in 2020.
Eh bored of it. Voted for him in 2016 and still waiting for the wall.. waiting for a balanced budget and a improved military. All we ended up was out of control spending.. and they fired the only secretary of defense worthy of the title.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:39 AM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 9,482 Times in 3,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Oil! If there is one reason we send our men to die in that dust-bowl it's OIL. Don't let any liar tell you it's for "freedom & liberty" or to "save the children" because that would be pure BS!
That is why the Middle east is important. But you need to tell the
whole story because without it, its a lie. WE DON'T NEED THEIR OIL.

Why is it we are not keeping the peace in Africa then?
Well until our soldiers died there recently not many knew
they were there.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-*****-ambush/
As reports emerge that four U.S. troops killed in an October ambush in ***** may not have gotten command approval for their mission, the Marine general who heads the combat mission in Africa laid out the multitude of challenges his people face on the continent.
Marine Gen. Thomas Waldhauser told House Armed Services Committee members during a hearing Tuesday on Capitol Hill that he could not discuss details of Africa Command’s investigation until the report was finalized and briefed to the families of the fallen.
Edit: The filter won't let me tell you where in Africa they were but you can figure it out in about 3 seconds.

ARE THEY IN AFRICA FOR OIL? Kind of doubt it, in case you miss the
sarcasm.

I admire both Trump and Mattis. Mattis was right when he insisted we
don't abandon the Kurds last December. Trump gave the Kurds time
to prepare for when we pulled out.

Trump is right that we should not be so over extended.

I am not stupid enough to think I know as much about the
world wide situation as either of them.

Are YOU?

The Kurds have been preparing an extra special type of welcome for
the Turkish invasion since December. The Kurds have also enjoyed
the US maintaining control over the air.

Maybe the right thing to do would be to give the Kurds their own country.
But Trump learned from GW Bushs mistake. Trump just can't do that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:53 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 16,638 Times in 3,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
Trump lost my support when he ****ed on Mattis
Let's be honest, reckless. You have never supported Trump.

I would never put Trump in charge of a public relations department, but would eagerly put him in charge of a failing company.

His personality is not much different than that of many highly successful CEOs. Most people have never had the chance to know Fortune 500 and other highly successful entrepreneurs. I have personally known several. There are excentric personality traits that contribute to their succeess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog67 View Post
Would it be gender-insensitive to say he throws like a girl?

Not sure if it’s gender insensitive but it is not very nice for the girl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 08:30 AM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
Let's be honest, reckless. You have never supported Trump.

I would never put Trump in charge of a public relations department, but would eagerly put him in charge of a failing company.

His personality is not much different than that of many highly successful CEOs. Most people have never had the change to know Fortune 500 and other highly successful entrepreneurs. I have personally known several. There are excentric personality traits that contribute to their succeess.
I did vote for him and backed him till. He went anti gun, anti Mattis
The Following User Says Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 10:49 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 193,155 Times in 39,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
I thought Obama's mom jeans was funnier.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:03 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 16,638 Times in 3,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
I did vote for him and backed him till. He went anti gun, anti Mattis
Trump hasn't been anti-gun. We all still have our guns, despite the endless barrage of anti-gun attacks from the Marxists.

When we will actually lose our gun rights is very soon after the next time the Democrat comrades take over the White House and both houses of congress. It's predictable and you can bet on it. At that point, our only line of defense will be Trump's appointed Supreme Court, which is why RBG needs to say bye-bye very soon.

I don't think we know exactly why Mattis had a falling out with Trump. I suspect Mattis was a bit too aggressive and always wanted to send in the troop, much like McStain. My take is that if we don't have a strategic interest in a conflict, we should let the participants slaughter each other. In the long run, the world will be a better place.

Let's not forget that any time a general, admiral, or senior officer disagreed with Obama, they were summarily, but quietly, fired.

Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years

This is a 2014 count. The list is extensive. I suspect anyone who didn't support free transgender operations for confused enlistees was shown the door.

List Of Military Elite Purged And Fired Under Obama

I haven't seen a final count for the Obama years, but feel free to compare any of these lists to Trump's purges.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 66,788 Times in 20,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Lispy Mattis -- the man who was all for transgenders in the military. Great? My butt!
There was another general with a comically high pitched voice.

George S Patton.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,457 Times in 7,846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
(Sighs)

Because it seems your genuinely actually stupid I'll explain it to you:

I cut firewood yesterday.

Now that's NOT something that someone who is "100% disabled" should be able to do... Right?

Wrong.
Thank you for both your service and the way you have dealt with it! While I have no disability rating, my Ortho doc says I am. I'm sure I was injured by my military service and I know I was as a cop. But I made it through 22 years as a cop and now I have the pension which is a damn good one. I could have gotten a disability but the pension was better so I toughed it out.

He keeps wanting to sign me up for a disabled parking permit. I have refused several times telling him there a people more injured than me that need those spots. I just have to take my time on days I'm walking slow. Then there are the days I never leave the house because I'd even have trouble driving.

But I tossed hay the other day and then stacked most of it. Then grabbed a cane when it was time to feed dinner to my boys. The next day the wife did the feedings and I rested. Went out to stack the rest of the hay the next day but saw the horses needed water. So I did that and scrubbing water tanks and then refilling those sapped me again. It's more physical than most people know. When I went out the next day planning to stack those hays in a pile inside the barn door, I found my wife and a friend of hers had done it.

I guess I don't really need that parking permit but I do need to pace myself. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast (enough)" at least for someone with bum legs and a bad back.
The Following User Says Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 01:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,457 Times in 7,846 Posts

Back on the OP subject. Mattis by all measures was one hell of a Marine General. During his time as a combat leader, he did great things. His main problem is he isn't suited for peace time. He's a combat Marine. I dare not compare him to the likes of some like Chesty Puller who is a legend but he's close. Making him equal with Chesty would probably see me lose my title of Marine (you know- once always ) I'd probably be punished for heresy.

Maybe what Mattis is similar to what both Chesty Puller and people like Patton. Not at all peace time heroes because they see problems as a combat leader and speak too plainly and bluntly. But in combat, they rocked! Maybe he needed to be put someplace safe with a sign- "In Case of War Break Glass." Until warriors are needed it's kind of like "Marines and dogs- keep off the grass". You can say the same thing about warrior soldiers and warrior sailors and air force people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 01:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 58,861 Times in 19,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
Thank you for both your service and the way you have dealt with it! While I have no disability rating, my Ortho doc says I am. I'm sure I was injured by my military service and I know I was as a cop. But I made it through 22 years as a cop and now I have the pension which is a damn good one. I could have gotten a disability but the pension was better so I toughed it out.

He keeps wanting to sign me up for a disabled parking permit. I have refused several times telling him there a people more injured than me that need those spots. k.
I have one.

I'll go a month without using it, then have a bad day and use it. (Or a day when I know my activities will exceed my abilities and use it before need it.)
Consider it in the future. Just like they say taking pain meds before you need them increases their effectiveness. (I 'm bad about that one.)

Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to use it. I rarely do in summer.

I've been awake for hours, but just got out of bed BTW, felt too good/pushed too much Thursday.

Next week I'm going to Reinsulate the pump house and bring all those jars in once I clean up the garage a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 03:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 58,861 Times in 19,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
Back on the OP subject. Mattis by all measures was one hell of a Marine General. During his time as a combat leader, he did great things. His main problem is he isn't suited for peace time. He's a combat Marine. I dare not compare him to the likes of some like Chesty Puller who is a legend but he's close. Making him equal with Chesty would probably see me lose my title of Marine (you know- once always ) I'd probably be punished for heresy.

Maybe what Mattis is similar to what both Chesty Puller and people like Patton. Not at all peace time heroes because they see problems as a combat leader and speak too plainly and bluntly. But in combat, they rocked! Maybe he needed to be put someplace safe with a sign- "In Case of War Break Glass." Until warriors are needed it's kind of like "Marines and dogs- keep off the grass". You can say the same thing about warrior soldiers and warrior sailors and air force people.
Not new:

Quote:

Rudyard Kipling

Tommy
I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 04:02 PM
NRA Life 1971

Thanked 12,483 Times in 5,567 Posts

Quote:
Truth is Obama fired Mattis. Let that sink in ...Obama fired Mattis, Obama your hero. President Trump tried to give him a 2nd chance, the man couldn’t/wouldn’t follow orders. Not a good look for a leader.
No-one said a word when Obama fired him but oh my God... Trump fires him and all of a sudden Mattis is a God.
Mattis failed in Afghanistan and the Middle East.

It simply is what it is...

The corrupt media has struck again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roseman For This Useful Post: