CA Man Dies 12 Minutes After PG&E Cut Power - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2019, 07:14 PM
PSYOP Soldier's Avatar
PSYOP Soldier PSYOP Soldier is online now
Lux in Tenebris
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,304
Thanks: 6,865
Thanked 10,284 Times in 3,824 Posts
Default CA Man Dies 12 Minutes After PG&E Cut Power



Advertise Here

Robert Mardis, 67, died roughly 12 minutes after the California power company cut off power to his home and the surrounding area.

Fire personnel responding to a 3:40 a.m. call found the man unresponsive on the floor wearing his oxygen equipment around his nose.


https://www.breitbart.com/health/201...pge-cut-power/

Unintended consequences...

That said, this dude should have had better, automated, backup power options available from what i've read...

Also, this was announced in advance too, so his family/friends, if he had any that cared, should have gotten involved...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PSYOP Soldier For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Rural Buckeye Guy Rural Buckeye Guy is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: rural ohio
Posts: 2,322
Thanks: 40
Thanked 4,369 Times in 1,538 Posts
Default

In-natural selection then. In SHTF, same.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 PM
PurpleKitty PurpleKitty is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 11,803
Thanks: 7,794
Thanked 23,199 Times in 8,091 Posts
Default

As a caregiver to an alcoholic train wreck sometimes the patient is just a stubborn ox. He may not have wanted to leave his home for the duration.

"Mine" is fine without power but we have an extra wheelchair for him if needed.

He may not have had the cognitive to realize he had an issue, in which case whoever signed him up for oxygen should have looked out for him. But he may not have wanted to leave his home, like I said. I could see my husband doing that.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM
CrypticCRICKET's Avatar
CrypticCRICKET CrypticCRICKET is offline
Freedom isn't free.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Posts: 5,902
Thanks: 7,838
Thanked 11,863 Times in 3,815 Posts
Default

Natural selection. The way it was meant to be and then man stepped in to change that up until man stepped back and let nature take it's course. As happened here.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 PM
jimdc jimdc is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,608
Thanks: 2,898
Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,204 Posts
Default

the son in law was my foster brother from when i was 5 until 18. we called him bumper.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 11:53 PM
Stinky Stinky is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,302
Thanks: 788
Thanked 1,426 Times in 631 Posts
Default

It sucks but where was his walk around tank or spare O2 tanks.
If he is using a nasal delivery system I am betting his O2 requirments were less than 2ltr per minute, even a small tank will last a very long time. If he died 12min. after the power quit he had other issues.
IMO not the PG&E's fault.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:07 AM
oalo oalo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Wherever I go, there I am.
Posts: 39
Thanks: 85
Thanked 100 Times in 25 Posts
Default

MSM was quick to jump all over this. In every report that I've read, the guy actually died from a heart condition, not lack of O2. The coincidental timing was perfect for MSM to pounce on it.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 12:14 AM
William Ashley William Ashley is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 146
Thanks: 14
Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Yes rather unfortunate, we simply do not know all the facts

If he was in an area that was suffering from smoke fallout his breathing situation may have been made even worse - however, if it is a power outage caused by fire or a power outage to prevent a fire people still need to take proactive steps to be self reliant when it comes to things they need to keep them alive. Power outages are not "unheard of" so if this guy could have died from any power outage then he simply wasn't prepared.

I would not be suprsied if the high levels of smoke made the situation fatal if applicable.

People arnt' happy with the power cuts, but the fire situation in California is disasterous, people don't seem to get how much damage fires are causing in California.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 AM
America's Patriot America's Patriot is offline
This is a great survival forum
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 15,269
Thanks: 3,002
Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts
Default

So, it's the power companies responsibility to tell some hypertensive, fat ass to switch to a standard oxygen tank? Is he retarded? If anyone outside of himself is to blame, wouldn't it be his PCP? Or maybe the company that supplies his equipment?

This is just idiocy...


BTW, his death had nothing to do with oxygen. ****ing media makes me sick.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 03:00 PM
William Ashley William Ashley is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 146
Thanks: 14
Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalo View Post
MSM was quick to jump all over this. In every report that I've read, the guy actually died from a heart condition, not lack of O2. The coincidental timing was perfect for MSM to pounce on it.
quantity of oxygen to heart can cause a heart attack.

"It may lead to heart attacks, sudden cardiac arrest, congestive heart failure or stroke. Angina: chest pain or discomfort that occurs when an area of your heart muscle doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood"

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...-pge-shutdown/

Its related. Certainly didn't help.


Its was the US GOV and POWER COMPANY that killed him, that and his health conditions caused by major american food and beverage manufacturers and other major industries pushing unhealthly lifestyles on Americans and the non availability of relplacement organs due to bans on clonin organ donors.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 05:29 AM
cook's Avatar
cook cook is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,030
Thanks: 3,198
Thanked 4,514 Times in 1,735 Posts
Default

I'll share my personal experience.
Wife was on O2 when she was dying.
4 large tanks,almost as big as me,chained to the wall in a closet.
About a dozen smaller ones here and there.
Oxygen concentrator.
Already had a genny.
Local EMS had her file on her condition.
Local FD had location of tanks,in case of fire.
Power company had a "medical priority" for outages.Also an agreement about shut off if I got behind on bill.

Not sure about his case,but not sure if there was anything else I could have done.

There are safeguards available.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM
merlinfire's Avatar
merlinfire merlinfire is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,954
Thanks: 32,605
Thanked 44,984 Times in 13,159 Posts
Default

california is outta their friggin' minds.

cut the cancer out before it's too late
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 09:12 AM
curt mini14 curt mini14 is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: nth az
Posts: 254
Thanks: 543
Thanked 473 Times in 160 Posts
Default

they voted these jerks in live with it!
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 12:35 PM
BabyBlue BabyBlue is offline
Forward, into the fray!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Near Denver, co.
Posts: 3,562
Thanks: 5,016
Thanked 8,982 Times in 2,673 Posts
Default

The power and water services companies all have a Do Not Shut Off list. One of my twin girls was a Murphy's law baby-- If something can go wrong it will. She was on oxygen until she was two years old. The visiting nursing company put my house on the list of people who cannot have their services shut off without someone actually coming to the door and making sure they won't die if it's off. They can't shut off water, electricity or gas without eyes on the patient and their needs set up and backup plan.

They've found this most helpful for elderly people who CAN pay their power bill, but forget to. They don't find themselves frozen to death for lack of remembering to pay their bill.The power company must send someone to talk to the person before they shut it off. That person is authorized to receive payment so shut off isn't necessary, or to call elder care assistance if it's because the person is truly not functioning well.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 12:36 PM
TRyan's Avatar
TRyan TRyan is online now
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: California
Posts: 8,244
Thanks: 6,240
Thanked 28,088 Times in 6,631 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt mini14 View Post
they voted these jerks in live with it!
Not necessarily. The criminal democrats in CA have used ballot harvesting, dead voters and illegals to win full control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Steve_In_29 Steve_In_29 is online now
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St John's, AZ
Posts: 5,729
Thanks: 7,120
Thanked 9,978 Times in 3,617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
The power and water services companies all have a Do Not Shut Off list. One of my twin girls was a Murphy's law baby-- If something can go wrong it will. She was on oxygen until she was two years old. The visiting nursing company put my house on the list of people who cannot have their services shut off without someone actually coming to the door and making sure they won't die if it's off. They can't shut off water, electricity or gas without eyes on the patient and their needs set up and backup plan.

They've found this most helpful for elderly people who CAN pay their power bill, but forget to. They don't find themselves frozen to death for lack of remembering to pay their bill.The power company must send someone to talk to the person before they shut it off. That person is authorized to receive payment so shut off isn't necessary, or to call elder care assistance if it's because the person is truly not functioning well.
That "do not shut off" list works for individual houses, as when they do not pay the bill. Not when the entire area is going down. Just as that "do not shut off" has no affect when someone knocks over a pole and power goes off.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Steve_In_29 Steve_In_29 is online now
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St John's, AZ
Posts: 5,729
Thanks: 7,120
Thanked 9,978 Times in 3,617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
Not necessarily. The criminal democrats in CA have used ballot harvesting, dead voters and illegals to win full control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not just that, the Repubs signed on to the last redistricting scheme as well. It kept them from losing more seats in Sacramento. At the expense of pretty much becoming irrelevant there though as they can't hope to flip any districts now and ceded a perpetual super majority to the Dems.

There are now literally ZERO voting districts in CA where the result is in doubt for State elections come election night.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 02:58 PM
Steve_In_29 Steve_In_29 is online now
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St John's, AZ
Posts: 5,729
Thanks: 7,120
Thanked 9,978 Times in 3,617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
quantity of oxygen to heart can cause a heart attack.

"It may lead to heart attacks, sudden cardiac arrest, congestive heart failure or stroke. Angina: chest pain or discomfort that occurs when an area of your heart muscle doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood"

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...-pge-shutdown/

Its related. Certainly didn't help.


Its was the US GOV and POWER COMPANY that killed him, that and his health conditions caused by major american food and beverage manufacturers and other major industries pushing unhealthly lifestyles on Americans and the non availability of relplacement organs due to bans on clonin organ donors.
The "US GOV" had absolutely ZERO to do with his death. PG&E wasn't really culpable either as the man had a battery backup and failed to use it from what the article reported.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 PM
merlinfire's Avatar
merlinfire merlinfire is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 19,954
Thanks: 32,605
Thanked 44,984 Times in 13,159 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
The "US GOV" had absolutely ZERO to do with his death. PG&E wasn't really culpable either as the man had a battery backup and failed to use it from what the article reported.
they were responsible even if they were not legally culpable. i think there's a distinction to be made.

if not for the ridiculous standard to which PG&E is being made to pay for CA's lack of management of natural resources, and their radical attempt to insulate themselves from further litigation, this man would still be alive. culpable? perhaps not. responsible? absolutely.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Steve_In_29 Steve_In_29 is online now
Semper Fi
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St John's, AZ
Posts: 5,729
Thanks: 7,120
Thanked 9,978 Times in 3,617 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
they were responsible even if they were not legally culpable. i think there's a distinction to be made.

if not for the ridiculous standard to which PG&E is being made to pay for CA's lack of management of natural resources, and their radical attempt to insulate themselves from further litigation, this man would still be alive. culpable? perhaps not. responsible? absolutely.
Sorry still going to disagree. He had a battery backup and FAILED to use it. It's no more the company's fault then it would be Ford's fault if you got run over trying to change a flat tire without pulling fully off the road.
Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks



Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net