CA Man Dies 12 Minutes After PG&E Cut Power - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 10-13-2019, 07:14 PM
Lux in Tenebris

Thanked 10,284 Times in 3,824 Posts
Default CA Man Dies 12 Minutes After PG&E Cut Power

Advertise Here

Robert Mardis, 67, died roughly 12 minutes after the California power company cut off power to his home and the surrounding area.

Fire personnel responding to a 3:40 a.m. call found the man unresponsive on the floor wearing his oxygen equipment around his nose.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/201...pge-cut-power/

Unintended consequences...

That said, this dude should have had better, automated, backup power options available from what i've read...

Also, this was announced in advance too, so his family/friends, if he had any that cared, should have gotten involved...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PSYOP Soldier For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,369 Times in 1,538 Posts

In-natural selection then. In SHTF, same.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,199 Times in 8,091 Posts

As a caregiver to an alcoholic train wreck sometimes the patient is just a stubborn ox. He may not have wanted to leave his home for the duration.

"Mine" is fine without power but we have an extra wheelchair for him if needed.

He may not have had the cognitive to realize he had an issue, in which case whoever signed him up for oxygen should have looked out for him. But he may not have wanted to leave his home, like I said. I could see my husband doing that.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 11,863 Times in 3,815 Posts

Natural selection. The way it was meant to be and then man stepped in to change that up until man stepped back and let nature take it's course. As happened here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 08:38 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,204 Posts

the son in law was my foster brother from when i was 5 until 18. we called him bumper.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:53 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,426 Times in 631 Posts

It sucks but where was his walk around tank or spare O2 tanks.
If he is using a nasal delivery system I am betting his O2 requirments were less than 2ltr per minute, even a small tank will last a very long time. If he died 12min. after the power quit he had other issues.
IMO not the PG&E's fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:07 AM

MSM was quick to jump all over this. In every report that I've read, the guy actually died from a heart condition, not lack of O2. The coincidental timing was perfect for MSM to pounce on it.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:14 AM

Yes rather unfortunate, we simply do not know all the facts

If he was in an area that was suffering from smoke fallout his breathing situation may have been made even worse - however, if it is a power outage caused by fire or a power outage to prevent a fire people still need to take proactive steps to be self reliant when it comes to things they need to keep them alive. Power outages are not "unheard of" so if this guy could have died from any power outage then he simply wasn't prepared.

I would not be suprsied if the high levels of smoke made the situation fatal if applicable.

People arnt' happy with the power cuts, but the fire situation in California is disasterous, people don't seem to get how much damage fires are causing in California.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

So, it's the power companies responsibility to tell some hypertensive, fat ass to switch to a standard oxygen tank? Is he retarded? If anyone outside of himself is to blame, wouldn't it be his PCP? Or maybe the company that supplies his equipment?

This is just idiocy...

BTW, his death had nothing to do with oxygen. ****ing media makes me sick.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oalo View Post
MSM was quick to jump all over this. In every report that I've read, the guy actually died from a heart condition, not lack of O2. The coincidental timing was perfect for MSM to pounce on it.
quantity of oxygen to heart can cause a heart attack.

"It may lead to heart attacks, sudden cardiac arrest, congestive heart failure or stroke. Angina: chest pain or discomfort that occurs when an area of your heart muscle doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood"

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...-pge-shutdown/

Its related. Certainly didn't help.

Its was the US GOV and POWER COMPANY that killed him, that and his health conditions caused by major american food and beverage manufacturers and other major industries pushing unhealthly lifestyles on Americans and the non availability of relplacement organs due to bans on clonin organ donors.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:29 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,514 Times in 1,735 Posts

I'll share my personal experience.
Wife was on O2 when she was dying.
4 large tanks,almost as big as me,chained to the wall in a closet.
About a dozen smaller ones here and there.
Oxygen concentrator.
Already had a genny.
Local EMS had her file on her condition.
Local FD had location of tanks,in case of fire.
Power company had a "medical priority" for outages.Also an agreement about shut off if I got behind on bill.

Not sure about his case,but not sure if there was anything else I could have done.

There are safeguards available.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 44,984 Times in 13,159 Posts

california is outta their friggin' minds.

cut the cancer out before it's too late
Old 10-16-2019, 09:12 AM
Prepared

they voted these jerks in live with it!
Old 10-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 8,982 Times in 2,673 Posts

The power and water services companies all have a Do Not Shut Off list. One of my twin girls was a Murphy's law baby-- If something can go wrong it will. She was on oxygen until she was two years old. The visiting nursing company put my house on the list of people who cannot have their services shut off without someone actually coming to the door and making sure they won't die if it's off. They can't shut off water, electricity or gas without eyes on the patient and their needs set up and backup plan.

They've found this most helpful for elderly people who CAN pay their power bill, but forget to. They don't find themselves frozen to death for lack of remembering to pay their bill.The power company must send someone to talk to the person before they shut it off. That person is authorized to receive payment so shut off isn't necessary, or to call elder care assistance if it's because the person is truly not functioning well.
The Following User Says Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,088 Times in 6,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt mini14 View Post
they voted these jerks in live with it!
Not necessarily. The criminal democrats in CA have used ballot harvesting, dead voters and illegals to win full control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 9,978 Times in 3,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
The power and water services companies all have a Do Not Shut Off list. One of my twin girls was a Murphy's law baby-- If something can go wrong it will. She was on oxygen until she was two years old. The visiting nursing company put my house on the list of people who cannot have their services shut off without someone actually coming to the door and making sure they won't die if it's off. They can't shut off water, electricity or gas without eyes on the patient and their needs set up and backup plan.

They've found this most helpful for elderly people who CAN pay their power bill, but forget to. They don't find themselves frozen to death for lack of remembering to pay their bill.The power company must send someone to talk to the person before they shut it off. That person is authorized to receive payment so shut off isn't necessary, or to call elder care assistance if it's because the person is truly not functioning well.
That "do not shut off" list works for individual houses, as when they do not pay the bill. Not when the entire area is going down. Just as that "do not shut off" has no affect when someone knocks over a pole and power goes off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
Not necessarily. The criminal democrats in CA have used ballot harvesting, dead voters and illegals to win full control.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not just that, the Repubs signed on to the last redistricting scheme as well. It kept them from losing more seats in Sacramento. At the expense of pretty much becoming irrelevant there though as they can't hope to flip any districts now and ceded a perpetual super majority to the Dems.

There are now literally ZERO voting districts in CA where the result is in doubt for State elections come election night.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:58 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
quantity of oxygen to heart can cause a heart attack.

"It may lead to heart attacks, sudden cardiac arrest, congestive heart failure or stroke. Angina: chest pain or discomfort that occurs when an area of your heart muscle doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood"

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...-pge-shutdown/

Its related. Certainly didn't help.

Its was the US GOV and POWER COMPANY that killed him, that and his health conditions caused by major american food and beverage manufacturers and other major industries pushing unhealthly lifestyles on Americans and the non availability of relplacement organs due to bans on clonin organ donors.
The "US GOV" had absolutely ZERO to do with his death. PG&E wasn't really culpable either as the man had a battery backup and failed to use it from what the article reported.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 44,984 Times in 13,159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
The "US GOV" had absolutely ZERO to do with his death. PG&E wasn't really culpable either as the man had a battery backup and failed to use it from what the article reported.
they were responsible even if they were not legally culpable. i think there's a distinction to be made.

if not for the ridiculous standard to which PG&E is being made to pay for CA's lack of management of natural resources, and their radical attempt to insulate themselves from further litigation, this man would still be alive. culpable? perhaps not. responsible? absolutely.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
they were responsible even if they were not legally culpable. i think there's a distinction to be made.

if not for the ridiculous standard to which PG&E is being made to pay for CA's lack of management of natural resources, and their radical attempt to insulate themselves from further litigation, this man would still be alive. culpable? perhaps not. responsible? absolutely.
Sorry still going to disagree. He had a battery backup and FAILED to use it. It's no more the company's fault then it would be Ford's fault if you got run over trying to change a flat tire without pulling fully off the road.