Texas Woman Shot and Killed In Her Own Home By Police - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 10-14-2019, 07:59 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,930 Times in 2,179 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
Save the racist BS. Almost all of the cops in these outrageous shootings have been white. Amber Guyger, Michael Slager, Sean Groubert, the cops in AZ who shot that poor pest control guy while he was crawling on the ground, the inept corrupt cops who shot Erick Scott in Las Vegas, the cop in this particular incident, and the list goes on.
Not racist
Super-stupid post
When you keep saying something is racist which is not it make your race card worthless
Super-stupid
More whites get smoked by LEO than blacks
When considering the through-the-roof crime rate by blacks,
It appears thst Whitey gets smoked far more often
You are wrong, factually, spiritually and metaphysically wrong
Wake-up
Quick reply to this message
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 08:18 AM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 22,221 Times in 9,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Swilling View Post
More whites get smoked by LEO than blacks
Per capita, black men are more than twice as likely as white men to be killed by police officers. Black women are slightly more likely than white women to be killed by police officers.

The evidence shows that the woman in this case was killed in her own home. There’s no good evidence that she presented an actual threat to the shooting officer, but even if she did, it appears she was within her rights to do so. The officer did not identify himself.

A white police officer shot an apparently innocent black woman in her own home. We don’t know if the races of either party influenced the actions of either party, but facts are facts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel View Post
Save the racist BS. Almost all of the cops in these outrageous shootings have been white. Amber Guyger, Michael Slager, Sean Groubert, the cops in AZ who shot that poor pest control guy while he was crawling on the ground, the inept corrupt cops who shot Erick Scott in Las Vegas, the cop in this particular incident, and the list goes on.
Ain't no racist BS, it's facts. Crawl back under your rock until you can stop crying racist.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Per capita, black men are more than twice as likely as white men to be killed by police officers. Black women are slightly more likely than white women to be killed by police officers.

The evidence shows that the woman in this case was killed in her own home. There’s no good evidence that she presented an actual threat to the shooting officer, but even if she did, it appears she was within her rights to do so. The officer did not identify himself.

A white police officer shot an apparently innocent black woman in her own home. We don’t know if the races of either party influenced the actions of either party, but facts are facts.
per capita black men are far more likely to commit a violent crime. Black women are far more likely to commit a crime than white women. As you said, facts are facts.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 08:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 21,388 Times in 5,963 Posts

Either way the lack of respect for the rule of law goes further down the toilet. JMHO and S/FI
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,746 Times in 7,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post

Erase color from you post and then ask yourself what is the root cause of the shooting deaths. There is zero evidence that black men are killed because they are black.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 10:01 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Why not say "Cop kills yet another innocent person"... but Noooo, instead the media whores say "white cop kills black woman". How soon they forget about the white man shot in the same fashion in South Carolina. Oh wait... that wasn't really news worthy, so he doesn't count.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,446 Times in 1,405 Posts

Non-emergency call for a welfare check....why on earth is the normal procedure not to knock/ring the doorbell and announce yourself as the police?

Years ago I left my garage door open one night...I'd been doing some painting on a project so I had it open and just forgot to close it when I went inside. Cop drove by late at night, saw a garage with lights on and door open and decided to come knock on my door to let me know, which is a nice thing to do. I hear someone knocking at 2am so I come to the door with a gun in hand. I can see through window of door the red/blue flashing lights on a standard police cruiser (which he smartly turned on to help indicate who he was) so I put the gun on a little side shelf out of sight for people outside but right at my arms reach. Cop can tell i'm near the door and announces who he is, I open door and he tells me about the garage door. I thank him and he goes on his way.

Luckily I didn't have cop in my town like the one in this story...one who would have been creeping around the side of my house and shot me as I came out of my bedroom with gun in hand.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:39 PM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 193,372 Times in 39,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas View Post
Mine are, but it's to keep the house cooler/warmer. If it helps prevent getting shot through the window, thats an added bonus..

Honestly it looks like the cop messed up, but details will eventually come out. As to the gun found (in the house?) that's not a crime, unless the lady was pointing it at the cop. Kinda doubt it at this point, but it is possible. Multiple unidentified people wondering around the outside of house after dark. If she saw them outside it's possible.
What's to say they planted her gun on her after the fact . Edited the body cam footage for that purpose. Just a possibility.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,373 Times in 1,418 Posts

If the news media keeps working it up we could have a full blown race riot in that area. It boils down to a stupid LEO who should have never been hired in the first place. I'm sure there is more to the story but Policemen should not sneak up on a house and be surprised when the resident is holding a gun.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,067 Times in 20,541 Posts

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 42,302 Times in 13,084 Posts

Know your neighbors!! I am not talking about inviting them in for coffee - but all surrounding our house have our phone # and we have theirs. We watch each others backs. When I don't see the 90 year old lady who lives across the street for more than a day, I give her a call, see if she needs anything.
Recently my inlaws got a new car. Ours, normally in the drive was in the garage because hubby was working on it. Our dogs weren't out and we were expecting them, so the door was unlocked and they walked right in. Not a minute later I get a call asking if everything was ok.
Back in the spring our little street helped the Tulsa cops catch a group of scammers they had been trying to get for months. Networking, it used to be called being neighborly. You never know when it's going to come in handy - or save a life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Thanked 46,356 Times in 9,720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
That will be the spin, but I seriously doubt that's what happened. Sounds like this "cop" was going to shoot anything that moved.
Police wrongfully (and stupidly) believe that they are working in a war zone in today’s America.

If they are wrong (I believe they are), then things need to change rapidly and dramatically. Take away the police MRAPs. Take away their drones. Take away their Stingrays. Take away all military hardware. Dress them in BLUE, not in black. Repaint the cars in light colors, not dark. Take away their camo fatigues. Take away their tactical vests. Police are not soldiers, despite how badly they wish to be.

If they’re correct, and they are indeed working in a war zone, then logically speaking, We the People are LIVING in a war zone. Therefore, again logically, I should have the restrictions on my weapons lifted. Get rid of the NFA, get rid of background checks, get rid of carry permits, get rid of Class III this and that rules, etc. If the cops work in a war zone and are allowed to act like it, then that means I live in a war zone, and should be allowed the means to defend myself like it.

The police in America have lighter ROE than I did in Afghanistan, and that was even after I was reassigned to a team lead by 7th SFG.

“Welfare check”, indeed. I guess that’s one way to get back at your neighbor. Permanently.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:04 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 48,275 Times in 11,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextup View Post
so, why didn't the neighbor just go on over there himself and do a welfare check instead of calling the cops??
Why would someone need a welfare check? Was the woman disabled in some way? If you know your neighbor well enough to call the cops to look in on them, you know them well enough to walk over and check on them yourself. Did she have a phone? Call her.

Was the door open because it was hot and the occupants wanted some air circulation?

Why does the media (spit, spit, spit) ALWAYS lead with black ____ shot by white ____? If the cop was that quick on the draw he had no time to determine what color the victim was.

You don't do welfare checks by sneaking around in the dark peering in windows. Go up to the front door, pound on it and yell "Police!"
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 01:09 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,067 Times in 20,541 Posts

The neighbor said he went to the house to check before calling the police.
I guess the video game somehow interfered with her or the kid hearing him at the door?

So it would be kinda suspicious at that point to the neighbor.
Door wide open, and owner is unresponsive to banging and yelling in the front door.

probably figured she was in some kind of trouble. And not wanting to get shot himself for just walking right in, figured he would call for a welfare check.

That part makes sense to me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
Where do some of you live that you have to worry about snipers?
This woman obviously had something to worry about.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,464 Times in 19,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I saw it on the news also.

The neighbor had called for a welfare check since the front door was open at night.
The police circled to the back and shot her through the window as described above.

Mind blowing stupidity.

The neighbor feels like crap, saying she would still be alive if he hadn't called for a welfare check.
It's not his fault. It isn't unreasonable to expect competence and good judgment from police. ...yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
This is a society problem. We have pushed cops into the fear corner.

You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: Make sure when your shift is over, you go home alive.

Malone (Sean Connery), in the Untouchables 1987.

Now we've made the entire nation into a mob war because we expect cops to intrude completely into our lives.

What are cops worried about facing? Domestic disputes and traffic stops. Just jam every cop into our grills in order to police our lives, instead of letting us sort out our own crap and protect what we own, like we are supposed to.

Hello, 2A? It maybe should be seen as a 2 way street. Protect yourself, dammit.

Quit putting cops so deep downrange that they must act like urban combat troops.

Yeah, I think this cop screwed the pooch, and it is his responsibility. But society has manufactured the need for this. Welfare checks? Rule one should include the use of a cordon and bullhorn, not an armed assault. The very 1st incidence of a "swatting" should have changed procedure nation-wide. Instead we have police chiefs explaining the legitimacy of the shooting, when the cops should have never been stuck into it in the first place.

So now we must punish the cop and the next one and the next one until someone finally says why are our men in that situation in the first place? Maybe the solution is to handcuff the police chief after the announcement and make him stand beside his officer at the defendant's table. Let them both ride the lightning. I promise that things will change fast and the nanny state politicians will be told to **** off with their intrusion ideas.
Cordon and bullhorn for a welfare check? Why? So she can be gunned down when she steps into her porch?

Just do away with welfare checks altogether if the police are such ******* that they have to shoot anyone who moves.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:19 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 73,464 Times in 19,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas View Post
Mine are, but it's to keep the house cooler/warmer. If it helps prevent getting shot through the window, thats an added bonus..

Honestly it looks like the cop messed up, but details will eventually come out. As to the gun found (in the house?) that's not a crime, unless the lady was pointing it at the cop. Kinda doubt it at this point, but it is possible. Multiple unidentified people wondering around the outside of house after dark. If she saw them outside it's possible.
It's Texas. Of course there's a gun in the house.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I wonder if the video game they were playing contributed to the problem.

What if the police yelled from the front door and got no answer because they were wearing headsets?

What if the game was also playing the audio real loud on a room speaker?

What if the game was some sort of violent shooting game and the cop thought it was real? and the lady was holding a controller shaped like a gun and held like a gun?

Some of these video games can be very realistic. And players can become so immersed that they think hearing police commands is coming from the TV?

Just trying to make some sense of it.
The obvious answer to all of those questions is that the homeowner needed to be shot.