What Would Martial Law in the US Look Like? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 PM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Martial Law... er, would probably look a lot like me.

Seriously though, I don’t see a singularly controlled ML at a national level. It would more likely be a large number of smaller scale situations that would all look different. You would only know what you see and you most likely wouldn’t see anything beyond a local level in a truly nation-wide situation.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martial Lawyer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Prepper elite

Thanked 3,886 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait View Post
What would martial law look like?

It would look like dead government workers laying in the streets
With dead citizens as well and they will use some crowd control weapons
The Following User Says Thank You to recklessdriver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 10:29 AM
Honyock

"What Would Martial Law in the US Look Like?"

It would depend a great deal on who controls the federal government at the time.

If the communists (democrats) are in control they may allow their constituents have their way with things and turn government wrath on anyone who interferes.

Would they be able to "control" the whole country? No, but they could overrun select cities in flyover country in an attempt to intimidate everyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gordon Randal For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 4,460 Times in 1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Indeed. I remember being disappointed on how well they took it and how a couple of guys with a couple of bombs could shut down a whole city.

Would have been pretty interesting if it had gone on longer.
THAT WAS kind of impressive on how easy it was for a city like Baaaahhhhston to be dropped to its knees .

Same for when the DC sniper was running around . The place slowed to a crawl.

NOW.. imagine HUNDREDS of ticked off citizens taking to the streets to wreck mayhem.. who actually THINK about what they are going to do and have SKILLS and EXPERIENCE to use.

It wouldn't take much to slow down the gov.org if stupidity reigns supreme.

The thing is... if a terrorist does a bombing in NYC, DC, LA, Detroit... well, it would be hard to tell if one was set off in Detroit. Anyway, people would say..Well that was expected. Life goes on as usual.

Instead take a gas tanker truck making a drop in the middle of a small town in Iowa with a population of a couple thousand people, open the valves and let it pump everything down the streets and into the sewers and then touch it off by remote. With little chance of being caught and danger you have literally blown a town off the map and EVERYONE will be wondering about the implications , do it a couple of times and all of a sudden NO PLACE is safe.

AND "ML" would require about another million uniforms to try to be effective.
The Following User Says Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,203 Times in 5,723 Posts

I think it will all go much simpler than all that .
Boing demonstrated their drone EMP device so that they can deliver in a small city size areas EMP strikes when ever and where ever they want.
Don't think it can't happen .
The Following User Says Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 9,967 Times in 3,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
THAT WAS kind of impressive on how easy it was for a city like Baaaahhhhston to be dropped to its knees .

Same for when the DC sniper was running around . The place slowed to a crawl.

NOW.. imagine HUNDREDS of ticked off citizens taking to the streets to wreck mayhem.. who actually THINK about what they are going to do and have SKILLS and EXPERIENCE to use.

It wouldn't take much to slow down the gov.org if stupidity reigns supreme.

The thing is... if a terrorist does a bombing in NYC, DC, LA, Detroit... well, it would be hard to tell if one was set off in Detroit. Anyway, people would say..Well that was expected. Life goes on as usual.

Instead take a gas tanker truck making a drop in the middle of a small town in Iowa with a population of a couple thousand people, open the valves and let it pump everything down the streets and into the sewers and then touch it off by remote. With little chance of being caught and danger you have literally blown a town off the map and EVERYONE will be wondering about the implications , do it a couple of times and all of a sudden NO PLACE is safe.

AND "ML" would require about another million uniforms to try to be effective.
Many "couple thousand population" cites do NOT have sewer systems to dump into. Everyone is on septic. Plus people loving there tend to be a lot more observant (nosy) about what is going on around them and the sight/smell of thousands of gallons of gasoline running down the road is hard to miss. Though middle of might might be doable. However the semi-truck would stand out much more to a cop on patrol.

A better bet would be a propane or LNG tanker rigged to blow, driven by a suicide bomber.

You also need to seriously up the amount of manpower you think is required to fully impose martial law on a country of over 320 million spread out over a vast area.

Just the county I live in has 70K people (though most are clustered on the Rez) and an area of over 11,000 sq-mi with probably not much more then 100 police officers of all types (State, County, City) within its boundaries.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 4,460 Times in 1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
Many "couple thousand population" cites do NOT have sewer systems to dump into. Everyone is on septic. Plus people loving there tend to be a lot more observant (nosy) about what is going on around them and the sight/smell of thousands of gallons of gasoline running down the road is hard to miss. Though middle of might might be doable. However the semi-truck would stand out much more to a cop on patrol.

A better bet would be a propane or LNG tanker rigged to blow, driven by a suicide bomber.

You also need to seriously up the amount of manpower you think is required to fully impose martial law on a country of over 320 million spread out over a vast area.

Just the county I live in has 70K people (though most are clustered on the Rez) and an area of over 11,000 sq-mi with probably not much more then 100 police officers of all types (State, County, City) within its boundaries.
I agree but, how many towns actually have their own cops working 24/7?
Do this in farm country after 1AM and how many folks are up and about.?Most small places rely on county or state to slide by on an irregular basis.
So you let the gas run down the streets and then touch it off, the concussion blows out all the windows, shakes buildings and starts some fires... same effect, terrorism comes to little america.

My county has 20,000 and the next county North has 8000 and literally there is only one "town" in the whole county. After the bars close at 2AM you can be on the MAIN roads and not see a car for half an hour or longer.

Gotta love rural northern living.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,347 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:
I agree but, how many towns actually have their own cops working 24/7?
Indeed. The nearest town to me doesn't have a single cop. If you need one its either the highway patrol or one drives down from the county seat, an hour and a half away.

County is the size of delaware but only has 30,000 people in it.

You also have a point about the shock value of the unexpected.

Just look at how everyone is freaking out over the vaping 'crisis' thousands die from cigarettes every day but just a couple from vaping and now its a national emergency because its a new way to die.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 07:40 PM

It would look like Boston, or LA or any other local that had a massive manhunt for the most part. It would have to be localized as there is a logistics chain, manpower, etc at play for an extended operation. I am more concerned as I am sure many here are as to the why martial law would be in effect in the first place?

Chasing down people that blew some **** up and killed people for Jihad?

or

Some sort of scenario where your rights are about to go bye bye because a political party in charge doesn't like your thoughts or beliefs and has used the legislative process and the courts to throw the constitution in the trash?

The reaction I think would be escalated in the second group of scenarios when the "untouchable useful idiots" are affected and they will be.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:17 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,464 Times in 1,636 Posts

ML at a national level would be a difficult task. The variables are very complex into what started the order, to begin with.

No matter what caused a nationwide kick-off it would boil down to civil unrest soon enough. So the question is, can we lock a nation this size down long term? Sure the military did it for Katrina, Watts, Baltimore and Detroit for a few days. That same military struggled in Iraq and Afghanistan long term and those nations are about the size of California. Yes, the loons in Boston complied for 18 hours but how long does that go on with a hostile military standing guard not letting freedom flow in and out for days or weeks?

I guess it's easier to say, we don't know, what we don't know when it comes to a nationwide ML but cities will have a military presence and the bigger rural areas with will have the door to door visits.

You can bet they will come after guns.
You can bet they will come after food, radios and supplies.

Then it becomes an organization thing. Who is the one calling the shots and does the military fight for the government or desert and deem the elected officials are constitutional.

I hope that ML never comes to America because we don't get to flip the switch and go back to "normal" after that sort of thing happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,978 Times in 7,987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post
...I hope that ML never comes to America because we don't get to flip the switch and go back to "normal" after that sort of thing happens.
The new 'normal' won't be anyplace I want to live. Nor many of the rest of us, either.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,077 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post

You can bet they will come after guns.
You can bet they will come after food, radios and supplies.

“They” could TRY.

Would be a futile effort, IMHO.

Have attempted such in every war zone, and the US under ML would hopefully never be as such.

Funny, “they” can’t even disarm folk whom cause the highest percent of firearms related deaths in the US, and they are known and in isolated communities.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 9,967 Times in 3,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelfilter View Post
“They” could TRY.

Have attempted such in every war zone, and the US under ML would hopefully never be as such.

Funny, “they” can’t even disarm folk whom cause the highest percent of firearms related deaths in the US, and they are known and in isolated communities.
That has much more to do with current rules of engagement then lack of ability to do so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2019, 12:50 PM

To echo off what Herd Sniper said, I’ve have heard it a few times. “Regardless of who wins the 2020 elections, there will be blood in the streets” If Trump wins again, the liberals are going to riot. If Trump loses, the conservatives are going to riot” I have heard many pod cast/radio and TV commentaries state that 2020 will be a pivotal year for the US.

Marshal Law, will be a case by case. They can’t lock down the entire US but they can lock down troubled areas and or major cities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipopotumus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,077 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipopotumus View Post
To echo off what Herd Sniper said, I’ve have heard it a few times. “Regardless of who wins the 2020 elections, there will be blood in the streets” If Trump wins again, the liberals are going to riot. If Trump loses, the conservatives are going to riot” I have heard many pod cast/radio and TV commentaries state that 2020 will be a pivotal year for the US.

Marshal Law, will be a case by case. They can’t lock down the entire US but they can lock down troubled areas and or major cities.
I highly doubt conservatives would “riot”.

IMO, we are far far more emotionally stable than “liberals” who “riot” and go destroying stuff because of how they “feel”.

We have families, careers & frankly far better things to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camelfilter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2019, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 3,136 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post

hell here on Long Island most of us still are on Septic System and we have over a couple million or more living here
Old 10-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Abnormality biased.

Thanked 13,347 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:

IMO, we are far far more emotionally stable than “liberals” who “riot” and go destroying stuff because of how they “feel”.

Which sadly means that we aren't taken seriously. They know we won't do anything so they can just push us around and get away with it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 12:07 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
“They” could TRY.

Funny, “they” can’t even disarm folk whom cause the highest percent of firearms-related deaths in the US, and they are known and in isolated communities.
They will try. They will get the weak, downtrodden and those who want to head to FEMA camps. They will have those who want to comply. They will stage and set up those that they feel are weak and then they will leave the rest of us for a while.

They did it after Sandy, Katrina and tried in LA during the riots.

Other countries that have dealt with the US military, say IRAQ an area the size of Cali, it took lots of effort to lock it down long term. So they will try, it is up to us to make the futility stick.

Let's hope there are those that are willing to defend their rights even during ML.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:36 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:

While it wasn't a riot, do you remember how the "conservative base" treated the small town of Burns during the Bundy Occupation which damaged federal land, kept schools closed and locked down a community? It's people being people. Whether it is college kids burning couches after their teams lose, Canadians setting Vancouver on fire after the Canucks lost, or nitwits who burn their own city out of faux after what they perceive as injustices taking place. It happens. This isn't a "liberal" thing but a human condition.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,361 Times in 1,535 Posts

We should consult folks that lived it.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/se...e-martial-law/
The Following User Says Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post: