US to pull troops from Syria ahead of Turkish advancement - Page 13 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 10-18-2019, 11:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,431 Times in 1,399 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPigpen View Post
were those 20 something troops your brother, or son, or uncle?

a plane ride to Turkey is about 1k, i'll even give a ride to the airport if you want to go help and fight with the kurds.

If they were getting sent home you'd have a point. They're just getting moved to a different part of the ME along with additional troops being sent over. Turkey invaded because Trump gave them the green light. Our troops stationed there as advisers to the Kurds weren't in danger from the Turkish military.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky strike For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 11:37 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,388 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
Quote:

a plane ride to Turkey is about 1k, i'll even give a ride to the airport if you want to go help and fight with the kurds.

If they were getting sent home you'd have a point. They're just getting moved to a different part of the ME along with additional troops being sent over. Turkey invaded because Trump gave them the green light. Our troops stationed there as advisers to the Kurds weren't in danger from the Turkish military.
Oh don’t worry about it. We’ll be out of SA soon too. Troop beef up was more for show. Like just trying to flex some muscle to hide weakness of our will. Trump is way out of his league. Putin is just having a good old time showing these boys what ruthless geo politics looks like.

Ceasefire!!!????? SMH. Who would say no to voluntarily leaving the area that you planned on taking by force? Really... Turkey was going to say no to that?

Then you got the Russians trying to mobilize in between Turkey and Assad’s/SDF forces. Right... so was that to keep them separated or to stop Assad from plugging up the border. As if they really could once turkey took commanding control which they haven’t yet.

So, until I see Russian planes actually targeting Turkish Troops and military assets in Syria, I am going to assume Putin is playing Assad. If Putin really had Assad’s back, then they wouldn’t be trying to fake play mediator. They would be giving turkey clear cut ultimatums. Leave or else.

Don’t be fooled boys and girls. The Russians are on turkey’s side and they plan to court SA and the rest of the Sunni states. Assad’s days are numbered. There will never be peace there without his head. Putin knows that. When your friends become your obstacles? Some catch feelings, and some know what they need to do. Putin knows what he needs to do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...-east-50054546
Old 10-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,431 Times in 1,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
Oh don’t worry about it. We’ll be out of SA soon too. Troop beef up was more for show. Like just trying to flex some muscle to hide weakness of our will. Trump is way out of his league. Putin is just having a good old time showing these boys what ruthless geo politics looks like.

Ceasefire!!!????? SMH. Who would say no to voluntarily leaving the area that you planned on taking by force? Really... Turkey was going to say no to that?
Apparently the ceasefire didn't even make it a day as there are reports that the Turkish forces have continued their bombing activities.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post

Apparently the ceasefire didn't even make it a day as there are reports that the Turkish forces have continued their bombing activities.
Then Kurds better hurry up and get out because erodogan is not playing around....Plus, Turks are saying pause not ceasefire...Trump is the one saying ceasefire. Believe at your own risk...
Old 10-19-2019, 12:36 AM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 27,985 Times in 7,509 Posts

Quote:
Turkey didn't invade with their troops. They invaded with jihadists. The foot soldiers of this invasion are AQ and ISIS fighters backed by Turkish planes, artillery, and tanks. Watch some footage, and you'll see them screaming aloha snackbar all day long, executing surrendering troops, etc. They in fact did try to threaten/attack US forces when given the opportunity to the point the US has to send in F-15s and Apaches to put them at gun/bomb point and send them running long enough for US troops to escape. Those jihadi militias are only very loosely under Turkish control. They do whatever they like. Turkey just points them in a general direction and denies any responsibility for their behavior.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Survivor

Turkish troops are in Syria. they have too be in order to hold land. Turks are in Syria for the long run.This is no one off incursion. The question is how far are they going..
Old 10-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Golfer

Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,344 Posts

I wonder what good a new border 20 miles into Syria will do if Turkey can't control the border they've got now?
It'd be like the USA taking over 20 miles of Mexico claiming that will stop the flow of migrants and drugs. Why would it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puttster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Survivor

Well well well..... what do we have here? Thank you...thank you...hold your applause please... did I Call it or what????? oh and btw the new Putin/Recip bro mance demands one thing... no US.

You guys didn’t think Erdogan was going rogue? Oh you did...No no... man is much to smart. He ain’t suicidal. He wasn’t going rogue. He switched sides. I would love to be a little butterfly at Bashar window to see the look on his face. Has he figured it out yet? Does he know what’s coming? His forces are gonna be patrolling too with Russians and Turks. Embraced??? Didn’t I say that? Too funny. He thinks he is part of the click.. haha..

To answer your question putter. This ain’t got nothing to do with securing a border when your looking at the bigger picture. The Kurds are just a means to an end. That’s all. This is a good old fashion power grab. Rohouni better take off the blinders. It’s all gonna roll down hill literally right at his ass....... literally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-ceasefire.amp
Old 10-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 8,118 Times in 1,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttster View Post
I wonder what good a new border 20 miles into Syria will do if Turkey can't control the border they've got now?
It'd be like the USA taking over 20 miles of Mexico claiming that will stop the flow of migrants and drugs. Why would it?
I don't believe it was ever about their border. The strength of Turkey's rivals has been depleted by wars they sat out on. They smell weakness and see it as opportunity to assert dominance.

Russia's interest is energy. Specifically, controlling the natural gas market.

Quote:
Although Syria produces relatively modest quantities of oil and gas, its location is strategic in terms of regional security and prospective energy transit routes. Regional integration in the energy sectoris expected to increase as a result ongoing plans for the expansion of the regional oil and gaspipeline networks connecting Syria with neighboring countries Turkey, Iraq, and Iran.
https://www.eia.gov/beta/internation...syria_2011.pdf

We'll see if Russia remembers it's lumps from 10 years in the "Bear Trap". No one in the ME can be trusted. Our "friends" the Kurds were throwing trash at US troops on their way out. Give em a few months and they'll be throwing hand grenades.

The ME has been and probably always will be in perpetual war. War that accomplishes nothing but death and financial drain. Keep an eye on Iran in all of this. Will Shia bow to the Sunni? Gonna be interesting to watch.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 05:22 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Quote:

Plus, Baghdad said US troops are not going to stay in Iraq. They don’t have permission. Who saw that coming huh? Haha. No, our boys are coming home....told you guys. We are done in ME. This is Putin’s show now. By design I might add.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...144606000.html
Old 10-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Prepared

"The job of our military is not to police the world," Trump said.

That could be fine with me, but his politics make America's enemies stronger.
And I see Turkey more and more as a potential enemy, even within NATO.
The Following User Says Thank You to countryfree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 02:27 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 29,864 Times in 10,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryfree View Post
"The job of our military is not to police the world," Trump said.

That could be fine with me, but his politics make America's enemies stronger.
And I see Turkey more and more as a potential enemy, even within NATO.
You are confused.
Enemy = potential enemy? = ally?

Turkey is one of the US most important allies, going back decades. This DOES NOT MEAN, the US and Turkey agree 100% of the time. It means we agree on what we are allies about, an attack by Russia on one is an attack on all NATO countries.

Yea, you and your brother might argue all the time but in the moment of truth, he’ll kill or die for you. Not quite the same as a potential enemy
Old 10-24-2019, 05:44 AM
Survivor

Turkey is not our friend. They are not our ally. They are not part of NATO in reality, in name only. There is no interest for them to make such declaration. Their action speaks for them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 06:07 AM
Simple Goat Herder

Thanked 27,985 Times in 7,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
You are confused.

Turkey is one of the US most important allies, going back decades. This DOES NOT MEAN, the US and Turkey agree 100% of the time. It means we agree on what we are allies about, an attack by Russia on one is an attack on all NATO countries.

Yea, you and your brother might argue all the time but in the moment of truth, he’ll kill or die for you. Not quite the same as a potential enemy
Turkey has never honored the alliance and would never defend the US or the rest of NATO against Russia or anyone else. They have simply exploited the alliance for their own benefit (mostly to prevent NATO intervention in their own aggressions and crimes, and to gain access to advanced weaponry), and Erdogan especially considers the US an enemy. It is a 1 sided alliance. We consider Turkey an ally, Turkey considers us enemies they can't defeat yet.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 06:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,693 Times in 7,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Turkey has never honored the alliance and would never defend the US or the rest of NATO against Russia or anyone else. They have simply exploited the alliance for their own benefit (mostly to prevent NATO intervention in their own aggressions and crimes, and to gain access to advanced weaponry), and Erdogan especially considers the US an enemy. It is a 1 sided alliance. We consider Turkey an ally, Turkey considers us enemies they can't defeat yet.
Read the above again. I agree!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 07:13 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
You are confused.

That’s dead on. Turkey is exploiting the NATO banner. Or whatever is left of it. That’s what’s makes them the perfect catalyst force if the Russians can align certain interests. They can do what Iran or Syria can’t because of that NATO title.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2019, 11:09 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 8,118 Times in 1,799 Posts

Turkey joined NATO to benefit from the Truman doctrine programs. For us, it denied the Warsaw Pact more ground and provided a place to park military assets near the USSR. Technology has made that role obsolete.

Turkey's history with Russia is a mixed bag. The Russo-Ottoman wars was one of the longest military conflicts in history. However, the modern state of Turkey would not exist without Russia who armed the secularists during their revolution against the Caliphate. Turkey has no real allies, they pick and choose as it benefits them.

Turkey and Russia want to build and control oil and gas pipelines. These pipeline projects have largely gone nowhere due to conflict and instability in the region. Pipelines are vulnerable and difficult to defend against militant marginalized groups in a region of perpetual war. The Kurd's desired homeland is smack dab on top of a planned pipeline. It's a fool's errand that Turkey and Russia will regret.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:11 PM
Survivor

So now you have the Russians, Syrians, Assad, ISIL, SNL, and the Turks singing kumbaja at the Kurds expense. Now turkey is actually being useful to Assad. Can this union against the Kurds help unite a country torn in civil war? So, now the separatists are working with the government to get the Kurds to retreat? Very interesting. Goes to show you just how much weight these pawns really have. Nada.

They are basically mercenaries from what it seems. Which clears up the cloudiness and shows who the real competing interests are. They come in tiers too, but really it comes down to who is more useful to the Russians? Assad? Iran? Turkey? Israelis? Israelis aren’t gonna play ball so it’s the Turks and conjoin them with the Saudis glued together by Russian power Broking. Yup, you got a power house that directly threatens Israel if the politics shift back to pre 1967 war.

That’s where Trump’s America first policy is gonna come back to bite us. We cannot let the Israelis be surrounded on the verge of defeat. If so, Then we’ll have to come back only to confront the Turkish alliance on their terms in a way where they hold the advantage on the ground. Think I am full of ****? Well, 2 weeks ago many of y’all were doubting a Russian-Turkish military cooperation. People couldn’t see the set up. It was there crystal clear to those that really pay attention and know a little something about geo politics.

We got time though because Iran is not gonna play ball so they will have to be dealt with.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...071233905.html
Old 10-24-2019, 06:23 PM
Golfer

Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,344 Posts

If turkey and Russia and Assad and syrians and Kurds and Iraq decide to cooperate for peace, well,that seems ok to me.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:29 PM
Survivor

Well, maybe Assad is not as asleep as initially thought. While he reluctantly is going along with Putin's lead, he has shared some not so flattering sentiment towards Erdogan. He says he is a thief and trying to steal land from Syria. Plus, apparently they are planning to push further east and west as Russians and Turks finalized their agreement. Further than initially agreed upon prior to their little incursion. Was Assad even involved? Was he consulted? Is this the Russian betrayal? Not quite yet, but read the signs. It's coming.