Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,371 Times in 1,844 Posts
Default Geissele trigger - SSA-E vs. SD-E?

Advertise Here

They appear to be identical except that the former has a curved shape and the latter, flat. Reviews on both spare no praise to how outstanding these products are.

To those who own or have fired both, what are the differences, if any?
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 06:17 PM

I run all SS-A triggers and they are super nice. I prefer the curved and if I had the flat I would change it. But I think that is prob just preference.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:07 AM
Prepared

I run the SSA-E no complaints. I want to pick up a super tricon Jeff works near me maybe I can convince him to slide me one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 8,127 Times in 1,800 Posts

SSA-E is my favorite. Do you prefer flat or curved.... that's the only difference.

If you want to purchase something Geissele their sales on black friday, independence day, etc are significant. Like $60 -$80 off on triggers.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 07:18 AM
Prepared

they also offer military/veterans discount 10% i believe.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:15 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
SSA-E is my favorite. Do you prefer flat or curved.... that's the only difference.

If you want to purchase something Geissele their sales on black friday, independence day, etc are significant. Like $60 -$80 off on triggers.
That's the plan! Waiting for Black Friday.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:50 AM
Survivor

Also, folks. I have read reviews on both. Purchasers of these triggers love them and say the rifle "changes."

But doesn't this mean also that one must already be a decent marksman? A trigger in itself won't turn the person shooting the rifle a sniper-accurate shooter. I know triggers matter; but what exactly, in your experience, was it that made investing in these expensive and very well-reputed triggers worth your money?
Old 10-03-2019, 07:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,637 Times in 5,849 Posts

I haven't used either of the above. I can state the G2S and National Match triggers are outstanding.

Geissele is among the more expensive triggers on the market but absolutely great kit.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:02 AM
Úlfhéðnar

I just got an SSA-E and have to say I'm not a huge fan. Break isnt as crisp as the designated marksman trigger that Geissele also makes, or even as the broken in mil-spec it replaced. The pull is just slightly less.

Big fan of the designated marksman though. I have that in my piston AR-10.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:49 PM

With a 2 stage trigger like you are asking about the SSA or SSA-e you get two things right off the bat. With long range shooting you pull your stage one and then when ready to fire you pull final stage with a light break. With the two breaks you know right when it is going to fire. Also for short range medium speed tactical type CQB type shooting you can "track" your target by pulling the first stage when close and firing when right where you want to be. Harder to explain but essentially the same thing. You'll have to try that for it to make sense.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:27 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 66,834 Times in 20,481 Posts

Oh, I thought this thread was about that Brazilian Supermodel.

Never mind.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,906 Times in 4,203 Posts

For the OP, I prefer the flat trigger, but it's really more of a preference than anything else. I've always used curved triggers and just wanted to try a flat face and like the feel better, but it's really more aesthetic than a functional difference (at least to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freethinkin'Man View Post
Also, folks. I have read reviews on both. Purchasers of these triggers love them and say the rifle "changes."

But doesn't this mean also that one must already be a decent marksman? A trigger in itself won't turn the person shooting the rifle a sniper-accurate shooter. I know triggers matter; but what exactly, in your experience, was it that made investing in these expensive and very well-reputed triggers worth your money?
As someone with almost 30 years of experience with military-issued rifles/carbines, the difference of a Geissele trigger is significant. Not just for a crisp trigger for distance accuracy; they are extremely faster at short range, multiple target drills as well.

I bought my son a Geissele for his AR pistol (Noveske). It spoiled him. It's been a while since he's qualified, but his school ROTC did an FTX and range qualification with issued M4s and while he shot expert, he really noticed the difference in triggers. A Geissele trigger won't make you an expert, but it will make a difference with experienced shooters and they will really appreciate the quality of such a trigger; it really is night and day from a stock, military-grade trigger.

I still think it's best for novices to train on mil-grade/stock triggers. A good trigger is wasted on poor marksmanship fundamentals.

ROCK6
The Following User Says Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 02:45 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,055 Times in 4,478 Posts

I used to us SSAs before switching to LaRube MBT2Ss.