Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-27-2019, 10:12 AM
Prepared

Default adjustable loop lanyard

Advertise Here

Adjustable loop lanyard
I used 3 1/2' of gutted paracord tied around a 1" o.d. marble to make this lanyard.

Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to asemery For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 12:11 AM
Prepared

Here is how to wrap the marble
side button knot tutorial
Old 10-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Thanked 2,771 Times in 953 Posts

Whacha gonna do with it now?? It's a good not to learn, I use it on my canes for just below the top of the cane..

The DIY forum on this site has a ton of knot tying ideas and if you really want to get into it, go to TIAT (stands for Tying it ALl Together) on Youtube. He's got several hundred videos with all kinds of bracelets he makes, handles for bags, that kind of thing.

I've got a bunch of pictures up on the DIY Forum but, the interest has died off.

I set up at a craft show once, took a home made stand I made out of PVC and put over 100 bracelets on it, all kinds of colors and sizes. People would walk by and say "Oh, Lil Johnny knows how to do that." and never did they realize I was using Lacrosse Racquet cord on a lot of the bracelets as well as the normal Paracord. I sold one bracelet that day and made it right there on the spot..

Table $15.00
Bracelet Sold $5.00

If you're going to get into tying them, find something you can make that people want or you're just tying knots for free. I give half the proceeds I make to a No Kill Animal Shelter.

I've converted one of those collapsible artists easels with the drawer and three legs into my tying station. From the time I measure a person wrist to the time I'm snapping the buckles of and checking the fit is about 6 minutes.

I should take some pictures so people understand what I'm using. Then again, unless you're selling dog leashes, there's no money in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,941 Times in 6,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl0an View Post
Then again, unless you're selling dog leashes, there's no money in it.
That's because we can all go to the sites you mentioned, and do it ourselves.

At the local hardware store I can buy a small basket full of mismatched various size cordage ends for $5, has at least 150 feet of cord in it, no chunk is under 3', and the basket alone would cost $2 at the dollar store. Every knife I have has a lanyard of some sort, every zipper on every pack or jacket has a pull, sight covers have a leash...I can't imagine paying anyone for a paracord anything.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:27 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Now start making 550 cord wraps for handles on your packs. Make it a lot better for carrying, a lot more comfortable, and you have about 8' of cord available right there..

Post pictures of your work.

BTW, check out a guy named Stormdrane at his blogspot site https://stormdrane.blogspot.com/ He's got a lot of things he's put wraps on.. Great guy too..
Old 10-11-2019, 12:11 AM
Prepared

I give away most of what I make. As gifts (in addition to tip) to waitstaff at restaurants and to helpful clerks at stores.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asemery For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 04:57 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by asemery View Post
I give away most of what I make. As gifts (in addition to tip) to waitstaff at restaurants and to helpful clerks at stores.
I'm right there with ya... Whenever I find myself stayin in the hospital for a day or three, I'll have my wife bring my knottin stuff and I'll make zipper pulls and things for the nurses..They like the pink breast cancer ribbons as well and I can use pretty much any knot pattern I know and make basically a short bracelet (without the buckles) then loop it around to for the ribbon.. Put a safety pin in the back of it and they'll put it on their scrubs.

If they offer to pay for it, I just donate what I get to a no-kill animal shelter.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Grumpy Old Bastard

Default Take a look at this cord.

I've got about 30 rolls of cord that's made for tying Lacross Racquets and comes in several sizes as well as a mess of colors.

jimalax.com is their website and they're located in Phoenix, AZ.

They'll even send you samples of different colors and sizes.