Conflicted Card Game "The Survivalist Series" #4 - Wanna Play? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 10-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,089 Times in 998 Posts

Advertise Here

fish antibiotics.

alcohol products for sterilizing wounds.

There is cartherization [burning] which I don't want to think about.

preventive stuff. Good old fashioned soap. Vinegar. Alcohol again. The inside of the egg shell as a bandage.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Florida Jean For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,203 Times in 5,723 Posts

I have no personal interest in power or the authority over people, however I like to be able to give input to those the must make the difficult decisions.
I like NCIS and the way they deal with problems to some degree.
They all have input and work hard to determine the truth of an event.
If the leadership has a teachable mentality it's easier to deal with, however, If it is so because I say it is so, we might have a problem.
Certainly there needs to be standards every one is expected to live by.
If there are no standards there is chaos, much like the liberals want.
For a team to act as a team all have to be on the same page. Ulterior motives have to be treated like an enemy.
These are very serious times.
People that do not produce are a liability.
Diversity in perception has some advantage but if facts do not support the perception it is fantasy.
Simply saying "He is stupid", is not fact, it is a vague opinion.
He puts his finger in the light socket and repeatedly gets hurt , that is fact , mentally disturbed.
Nonfactual Derogatory name calling is childish, attempting to raise one's self above another.

Strategically is it more advantageous to send a squad to take out a sniper ,or hide in the house and hope he runs out of bullets?
If you have no squad to send ,and you are unskilled with such an event, it might be a toss up.

How will you 'VET your group? and after SHTF? and newcomers?
Old 10-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,347 Times in 9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I have no personal interest in power or the authority over people, however I like to be able to give input to those the must make the difficult decisions.
I like NCIS and the way they deal with problems to some degree.
They all have input and work hard to determine the truth of an event.
If the leadership has a teachable mentality it's easier to deal with, however, If it is so because I say it is so, we might have a problem.
Certainly there needs to be standards every one is expected to live by.
If there are no standards there is chaos, much like the liberals want.
For a team to act as a team all have to be on the same page. Ulterior motives have to be treated like an enemy.
These are very serious times.
People that do not produce are a liability.
Diversity in perception has some advantage but if facts do not support the perception it is fantasy.
Simply saying "He is stupid", is not fact, it is a vague opinion.
He puts his finger in the light socket and repeatedly gets hurt , that is fact , mentally disturbed.
Nonfactual Derogatory name calling is childish, attempting to raise one's self above another.

Strategically is it more advantageous to send a squad to take out a sniper ,or hide in the house and hope he runs out of bullets?
If you have no squad to send ,and you are unskilled with such an event, it might be a toss up.

How will you 'VET your group? and after SHTF? and newcomers?
arleigh, we're several questions past the first 1. But thank you for your response.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,347 Times in 9,076 Posts
Default Next card (Are You Ready?)

In late August of 1859, a solar flare sent a coronal mass ejection, directly towards earth, taking only 17.6 hours to make the 93 million mile journey. This blast of energy fried telegraph lines and if it hit today, scientists say that everything electronic, from toys to our power grid, would be affected.

The largest of such an event missed earth in 2012 and there is an estimated 12% chance of a similar event occurring between 2019 and 2022. This event could collapse modern civilization as we know it today.

Would you be ready?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I or anyone could be totally ready for this no matter how hard we try to prepare for it. But that's just my thoughts.
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:14 PM
Hunter

Thanked 7,007 Times in 1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
In late August of 1859, a solar flare sent a coronal mass ejection, directly towards earth, taking only 17.6 hours to make the 93 million mile journey. This blast of energy fried telegraph lines and if it hit today, scientists say that everything electronic, from toys to our power grid, would be affected.

The largest of such an event missed earth in 2012 and there is an estimated 12% chance of a similar event occurring between 2019 and 2022. This event could collapse modern civilization as we know it today.

Would you be ready?
In some areas I would be more than ready and other areas I would be lacking but could still be ok.

Example good to go: food storage, self defense, trade goods, and a lot of skills.

Lacking/OK: water source is rain off a steel roof, medical supplies I lack the advance stuff, have a few solar panels which could power some lights.

Big issues would be lack of a good heat source and no place to grow food.

I agree no one is 100% ready. Not even the amish.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Scout Survivor For This Useful Post: