AGW Deniers are the Majority in most Educated Countries. - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 09-24-2019, 07:48 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,226 Times in 4,812 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
It's not climate change per se that people deny or are skeptical about. People can see that summers in some parts of the world are getting warmer and winters are getting colder. It's the claims of man-made climate change and the multi-billion dollar funding that goes into the studies, but the money only goes to studies that support the man-made premise.

People care about the environment, but they can spot an obvious con-job as well.

Plus idiots like AOC do not help draw people into the environmentalists' fold. She provides ample support for the con-job belief.
I've been around a while, some summers are warmer, some winters are colder and the other way around. I recall winters of 1966, 1969 that were one big snow storm after another. The winter of 1996 dumped snow on us 30" at a time.

The summer of 2003, like the summer that never was. It broke 90 by me maybe once and we had days on end that were too cold for the beach. Same deal with 2013. The past 3 summers have been over 90 many days, even as high as 105.

So the idiots that push climate change are ignorant as hell or haven't been around long enough.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 08:04 AM
Hunter

Thanked 4,512 Times in 1,390 Posts

Yup. The climate always has and always will change. Once upon a time there was a mile thick glacier over where I'm standing right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,701 Times in 7,410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabehning View Post

If the Koch brothers hadn't started a huge campaign against global warming through the Cato institute in 1991, nearly all,Americans would probably see eye to eye on this situation.
That is pure nonsense. I alway ask myself, "Is that true." Id does not matter if I am forming an opinion on Islam, climate change, or the off quality in a manufacturing plant I am assigned to improve.

Example: I was new to a plant and problem. The product came from "A" or "B" machines. He said all of a particular defect came from "B". I did an analysis 60% came from "B" and 40% came from "A". "B" was not the root cause of the problem in spite of what the man closest to the problem said.

I have done the math. Climate change is not anthropogenic.

You might be right without people with more money than me sounding the truth most people might believe the lie. It does not matter if every person believes a lie; that does not make the lie true.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 18,847 Times in 6,413 Posts

The resistance is gaining momentum:

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...ate-emergency/

Quote:
More than 500 scientists and professionals in climate and related fields have sent a “European Climate Declaration” to the Secretary-General of the United Nations asking for a long-overdue, high-level, open debate on climate change.

Just as 16-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg addressed the U.N. Climate Action Summit in New York accusing world leaders of robbing her of her future, scientists were begging the United Nations to keep hysteria from obscuring facts.

“Climate science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific,” the declaration states. “Scientists should openly address the uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while politicians should dispassionately count the real benefits as well as the imagined costs of adaptation to global warming, and the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of mitigation.”

The scientists underscored the importance of not rushing into enormously expensive climate action before fully ascertaining the facts.

“There is no statistical evidence that global warming is intensifying hurricanes, floods, droughts and suchlike natural disasters, or making them more frequent,” they declared. “However, CO2-mitigation measures are as damaging as they are costly. For instance, wind turbines kill birds and bats, and palm-oil plantations destroy the biodiversity of the rainforests.”
OMG! Teh rainforests! Biodiversity! [/sarc]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Nearly all of the climate change proponents are scientists

Nearly all climate deniers seem to be companies that will lose money if climate change is proven man made.
Correlation cannot prove causation, But, you cannot have major causation without correlation. The fact that if one runs correlations against human caused factors the R-squared factors are less than one could expect with a coin toss. The fact is, for example, a correlation of temperatures and CO2 ppm since 1895 using NOAA data results in an R-squared factor of less the 0.38. So you understand a perfect correlation would be a 1.0 and zero correlation would be 0.0. The fact is I have run these correlation against all the insinuated human causes. When one runs a correlation over just time the R-squared factor is less than 0.31 which tells me that between 1895 and today time has been more of a factor than CO2. Time is a natural dimension (nature). Now if one takes the weakening and movement of the northern magnetic pole from 1895 to 2017, using NOAA and NASA's date the R-factor for temperature change and magnetic pole change is 0.916. You do not find much better R-squared numbers than that. No that does not prove causation but it does prove imply that major causation is possible. I spent a career of 40 years problem solving not in a lab but in the real world where controlled experimentation was largely impossible. I know how to analyze data.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 02:04 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 34,710 Times in 9,732 Posts

Quote:
Nearly all of the climate change proponents are scientists,

The folks researching climate change are environmentalists, who were first convinced that man was harming the environment, then spent billions in taxpayer money looking for the proof. Since they were first true believers in a cause, they are the exact opposite of a scientist.

Nearly all climate deniers seem to be companies that will lose money if climate change is proven man made. These are the ones u see on tv.

Removed Misc Blathering
You lost the argument on the facts, so you resort to a personal attack. You picked a fight with the wrong Cowboy.

I went from a Iowa hog farm, to an Engineering Degree from ISU, to a 30 yr career designing missiles and air launched weapons at NWC, China Lake. This climate change denier is a retired rocket scientist.

The part you are missing is how a real scientist works. Real scientist look not only for data that supports a hypothesis, they also challenge that hypothesis. They look just as hard for data that disputes the hypothesis, and they actually prove the suggested causation through direct measurement.

Climate change has been a dead issue since 2001, when the US Senate voted 95 to 0 not to approve the Kyoto Protocol, and President GW Bush removed Al Gore Signature. Since then, the real scientists and engineers in America have been developing cleaner sources of energy, not wasting money talking to the UN.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Survivor

Scientists follow the scientific method. Those supporting human caused climate change do not follow the scientific method. Therefore they are not scientist. Ergo the majority of scientists do not support anthropogenic climate change.

Scientific Method:
1. Observe
2. Question
3. Form a testable hypothesis
4. Make a prediction based on the hypothesis
5. Test the prediction
6. Use the results to make a new hypothesis or more predictions.

The test predictions have failed. DO THE MATH!

New hypothesis climate change is natural.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 03:17 PM
Militant Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
New hypothesis climate change is natural.
Corollary hypothesis: Human action cannot counter it.

IOW, quit prevaricating and figure out how to cope.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Hiker

While we're all patting each other on the back for cracking the nut of human driven climate change, how do we bring this information to light so the public see that they've been duped?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loves_Chickens For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,213 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves_Chickens View Post
While we're all patting each other on the back for cracking the nut of human driven climate change, how do we bring this information to light so the public see that they've been duped?
the media...unfortunately they are 95% controlled by liberals. What can we do about it...if some of the more wealthy conservatives would poll resources and purchase existing media or create new media (and market the hell out of it), we could actually combat the liberals on what the public is constantly seeing. The media is why we feel that we are on the verge of defeat. They control the info, therefore the majority of americans will only see the liberal side of things. The key to saving our country IS the media. Next it's to clean up DC and jail EVERYONE who has broken the law (reps and dems).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FalconsBravesHawks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Militant Normal

We need a full fledged Breitbart TV channel
Old 09-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,400 Times in 401 Posts

For tens of thousands of years the planet has been waffling back and forth from warming to cooling and back again. One thing that has been absolutely consistent is that after a warming period there is always a cooling period. After a cooling period, there is always a warming period. Just why should I get excited about this one?

http://www.longrangeweather.com/global_temperatures.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichardinColorado For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 04:47 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves_Chickens View Post
I wrote a 20 page egineering paper and sent it to the White House in March 2001.
Two weeks later, President Bush asked the Natioonal Academy of Science to explain the obvious holes in the theory.
Four weeks after that the, NAS admitted there were holes and even flaws in the theory, and Bush pulled the US out.

But trying explain science to a liberal journalist, is much harder than designing missiles.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 05:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,185 Times in 4,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick Industries View Post
I wrote a 20 page egineering paper and sent it to the White House in March 2001.
Two weeks later, President Bush asked the Natioonal Academy of Science to explain the obvious holes in the theory.
Four weeks after that the, NAS admitted there were holes and even flaws in the theory, and Bush pulled the US out.

But trying explain science to a liberal journalist, is much harder than designing missiles.
It doesn’t need explained to the liberal journalists.
It needs explained to the people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 05:20 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
It doesn’t need explained to the liberal journalists.
It needs explained to the people.
According to the world wide opinion pole, a majority of the people already know.
Clinton got elected saying it was the economy stupid.
Well in this case, it's the sun that causes the climate stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 05:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,161 Times in 6,880 Posts

Quote:
According to the world wide opinion pole, a majority of the people already know.
Clinton got elected saying it was the economy stupid.
Well in this case, it's the sun that causes the climate stupid.
The Leftist/Globalists figured out it was a losing bet to keep saying "It's warming (We're all gonna DIE!!)" or "It's cooling (We're all gonna DIE!!)", because reality keeps proving them to be wrong (41 outta 41 is batting 1.000!! LOL), fools & hucksters. So they're hedging their bets with "The climate is changing! (We're all gonna DIE!!)"

I think the world should all chip in, to give me $10 trillion per year to tell them the energy output of the Sun is changing. With that, I could buy everyone a Pet Rock and tell them everything will be all right if they keep giving me the money, but only if.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.” -- oft-attributed to H.L. Menckin**

[**Actual quote: “No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” ]
The Following User Says Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Hiker

Quote:

Pulled the US out of what?
Old 09-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Christian mingler

Thanked 15,127 Times in 5,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
That is pure nonsense. I alway ask myself, "Is that true." Id does not matter if I am forming an opinion on Islam, climate change, or the off quality in a manufacturing plant I am assigned to improve.

Example: I was new to a plant and problem. The product came from "A" or "B" machines. He said all of a particular defect came from "B". I did an analysis 60% came from "B" and 40% came from "A". "B" was not the root cause of the problem in spite of what the man closest to the problem said.

I have done the math. Climate change is not anthropogenic.

You might be right without people with more money than me sounding the truth most people might believe the lie. It does not matter if every person believes a lie; that does not make the lie true.
MAybe look into it a bit what they have done.

I'm sure billionaire oil tycoons would never create an anti climate change foundation to make sure they can continue making billions of dollars more on an old technology.

Just like them pretty blondes on Fox News would never push conspiracy theory's or straight up lies to make a few million a year.

Hell for fifty bucks I'd call u ugly
Old 09-24-2019, 09:07 PM
Hiker

Quote:
MAybe look into it a bit what they have done.

I'm sure billionaire oil tycoons would never create an anti climate change foundation to make sure they can continue making billions of dollars more on an old technology.

Just like them pretty blondes on Fox News would never push conspiracy theory's or straight up lies to make a few million a year.

Hell for fifty bucks I'd call u ugly
They're in on the scam to double dip with "green" energy.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:07 PM
Christian mingler

Thanked 15,127 Times in 5,513 Posts

Quote:
You lost the argument on the facts, so you resort to a personal attack. You picked a fight with the wrong Cowboy.

I went from a Iowa hog farm, to an Engineering Degree from ISU, to a 30 yr career designing missiles and air launched weapons at NWC, China Lake. This climate change denier is a retired rocket scientist.

The part you are missing is how a real scientist works. Real scientist look not only for data that supports a hypothesis, they also challenge that hypothesis. They look just as hard for data that disputes the hypothesis, and they actually prove the suggested causation through direct measurement.

Climate change has been a dead issue since 2001, when the US Senate voted 95 to 0 not to approve the Kyoto Protocol, and President GW Bush removed Al Gore Signature. Since then, the real scientists and engineers in America have been developing cleaner sources of energy, not wasting money talking to the UN.
Know what, I,also went to Iowa state university. Lived in old rca, friley hall, helser too.

U barely need more than to go outside in Iowa to see how much more hot it is.

Christ it's in the 90's half the summer now.

Go to a coast, see the rise in sea level.

Trees absorb co2 , human activities create co2.

Trees get cut down, not regrown cant absorb the additional c02 generated from Human activities.

Just maph

Plus i really don't think 96'percent of climate scientists are lying to get funding.

The boner pharmaceutical industry seems to,always be hiring scientists.