''Navy Pilots Describe Stunning UFO Sightings'' - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 05-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 5,720 Times in 2,595 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost863 View Post
and you seem to think Earth is an all important planet to another civilization outside of our Galaxy. If it was resources they were after why come all the way here? There are billions of stars to which each one has it's own solar system. Why not go to a planet that is much closer than millions of light years away?

why bother with a planet that has a species that is as aggressive as the human race is?
Indeed. And why bother hiding, if they're that advanced. A species which would have mastered faster than light travel, would have little trouble with a species which hasn't. They'd essentially have massive energy. If you want the resources, you just send an expedition over, and get the resources. Look at what humans do to the Amazon for example. An alien culture likely wouldn't care about what happens to the local wildlife, just as much as the human culture doesn't when we go get the stuff. Only difference is that we are the wildlife in such a hypothetical situation.

And that's assuming that they would have similar morals and values as humans too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper708 View Post
I never said any such thing.

What I really think is most of these sightings are top secret Govt experimental projects being tested.

We aren't "concerned" about the "aggressiveness" of Army Ants, but we've studied them quite a bit in the interest of research.

Everything is interesting to anyone who wants to learn new things.
I can understand the sentiment, but considering a species which has mastered faster than light travel, they probably already met most possibilities out there, and researched most of them. I do really believe we'd just be another chain in the fence.

Hell, most optimistic would be that they would be new to FTL, aren't that more advanced, and are really interested in the first species they encounter. Chances of that are pretty slim though.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 10:03 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 193,386 Times in 39,292 Posts

Quote:
I will not say UFO's do not exist but I do have a hard time believing that an alien culture advanced enough to travel Light years from their home would come to earth. If they were that technologically advanced then we as a species would be considered primitive and they would not even be interested in a Place like this .

The only reason I say that is because if they are that intelligent then they would have the technology to view our satellites. And if they could do that then they would see we are an extremely violent race who kills our own in wars. If they came here, why wouldn't they just wipe us out and inhabit the planet?

Personally I do believe there is life on other planets, the odds that there are not is just stacked too high against it. But I still don't believe they would come here and only reveal themselves to a select few. You would see UFO's in the sky continuously and it would not just be at random times throughout history and by a select few.

I saw something in the sky the night before last that was puzzling though. It was lights in the North East sky and they stayed in general area. It kept moving in that confined area and had about as much luminosity as the newer headlights but with the color of the older headlights. I think that what I saw was either debris falling back into the atmosphere and burning up rather quickly or is was some kind of ionizing radiation. It was too high for a helicopter or a plane, and besides it could not have been a plane because there were times it did not move at all.
1947 over Roswell, NM., there were UFO's downed. Government quickly gathered up all remnants of evidence in the next few days and told anyone who saw anything to keep their mouths shut or else.

In the next couple decades, many advancements in technology we as humans had never seen before starts being invented. Over the next few decades, we advanced further than the previous millenia in such a short time span.
Reverse engineering is how.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,477 Times in 4,838 Posts

My personal belief is that there is an abundance of life. Odds are just in favor it considering how many suns are in our own milky way galaxy and the amount of rocky planets that orbit these sun in the Goldilocks zone. Seriously, over 200 billion suns in our own galaxy alone with at least 3 planets that could be at or near the Goldilocks zone.

And considering the amount of galaxies that are out there....

Greatest video that will explain how insignificant we are as a species.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bearack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 10:53 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,809 Times in 503 Posts

My $.02 cents ...

The UFO's are not from this planet. If they were a secret government program we would have known about it by now since the influx of sightings started after the first atomic bomb explosion, almost 100 years ago. Someone in the program would have leaked the information to the public because no one can keep a secret of this magnitude.

The aliens are interested in us like we are interested understanding amoebas or insects. As others have said ... they are so advanced beyond us, they just want to understand but not necessarily interfere ... in the same manner we might study an endangered species but not influence it or damage its environment.

Isn't it obvious that in the last few years governments around the world (including our own) have begun admitting that UFOs exist ... after all those decades of absolute denial ? Each few months a new bit of information is released to the public and military personnel are now allowed to speak publicly about their experiences. Our government is preparing the citizenry for the eventual .... a meeting with the aliens on Terra Firma.

Why do this slowly ? Because the majority of humans are not presently prepared to accept we are not alone. Think of the negative impact on world religions ... our universal means to protect ourselves from any threat (how are we going to protect ourselves from aliens with such technology ? Oh my gawd.) What about the oil industry ? Obviously these craft don't run on gasoline ... what will the world's energy producers do now ... what about the Stock Markets ... what about the mom & pop gas stations ? What about our economies ?

Think of the panic ... the riots ... etc. The world's population is crazy enough already. Throw in the sudden appearance of aliens and ???

And lastly ... why presume they are from a civilization million of light years away ? The now defunct planet Pluto was only discovered on February 18, 1930 (http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/Participate/...overy-of-Pluto). Who's to say the alien’s home planet is not just outside our solar system ? Or, with their level of technology ... maybe they don't live on a planet. Perhaps they live on an alien made object ... or they simply reside in 'mother ships'.

????
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,486 Times in 2,785 Posts

Well who says there is little green people flying those things. They could be alien drones. It might explain how they can change flight vectors that would black out live pilots.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Exarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:07 AM
Fix Bayonets!

Thanked 7,516 Times in 3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread11 View Post
Based on the way it “rotates” it looks like an aircraft. The pilot is also rolling out at the same time so it looks like it’s rotating more than it is.

It’s pretty difficult to make out, almost like it’s been doctored. IR is usually a little bit clearer when tracking an object like that.
The link / page is also not available, can anyone find another copy?

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:11 AM
si vis pacem para bellum

Thanked 9,720 Times in 2,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious1 View Post
1947 over Roswell, NM., there were UFO's downed. Government quickly gathered up all remnants of evidence in the next few days and told anyone who saw anything to keep their mouths shut or else.

In the next couple decades, many advancements in technology we as humans had never seen before starts being invented. Over the next few decades, we advanced further than the previous millenia in such a short time span.
I believe in their existence for the simple fact of an Egyptian Pyramid. There was one , before Tut, anyways as you walked down the stairs to the newly discovered level, the paintings on the wall showed what appeared to be a man holding a flashlight with a beam coming from the object and a snake in the beam. The snake was the symbol for power in Egyptian history.

Further down the stairs was a painting of what appeared to be a modern day airplane and even further down what looked to be a ufo. So either their were aliens guiding mankind at one time or these people mastered time travel or they could actually see the future. I don't know.

I still stand by my belief that an advanced race of beings that could overcome millions and even billions of miles of space flight would not care to come here because of our aggressive and destructive nature.

If it was resources they were interested in then why not just kill every person on the planet and take what they want. If it is to study us then why not look at their own history?

Every account of UFO encounter has been only of eye witness testimony, grainy photos or video. Never anything clear and precise. And I don't know if Roswell is true or not, I have not been able to tour Groom Lake (this is a joke), but I do agree that there have been major advances in our technology in a very short period of time. Whether it was reversed engineered or just a sudden burst of genius movement in this country and around the world I couldn't say.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:14 AM
Bad Ombre

Thanked 6,253 Times in 2,461 Posts

Advanced drones could explain the maneuvering and lack of exhaust plume.

As well as how there could be “a whole fleet of them”

Many of the UFO sightings Over the years could be explained by drones that use any any number of vertical props. The Air Force even experimented with some UFO-looking piloted aircraft. Who’s to say they didn’t continue their experiments with remotely controlled or automated drone versions that can do all sorts of “tricks” piloted aircraft with normal aerodynamics can’t.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mosinka For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
I believe in their existence for the simple fact of an Egyptian Pyramid. There was one , before Tut, anyways as you walked down the stairs to the newly discovered level, the paintings on the wall showed what appeared to be a man holding a flashlight with a beam coming from the object and a snake in the beam. The snake was the symbol for power in Egyptian history.

Further down the stairs was a painting of what appeared to be a modern day airplane and even further down what looked to be a ufo. So either their were aliens guiding mankind at one time or these people mastered time travel or they could actually see the future. I don't know.

I still stand by my belief that an advanced race of beings that could overcome millions and even billions of miles of space flight would not care to come here because of our aggressive and destructive nature.

If it was resources they were interested in then why not just kill every person on the planet and take what they want. If it is to study us then why not look at their own history?

Every account of UFO encounter has been only of eye witness testimony, grainy photos or video. Never anything clear and precise. And I don't know if Roswell is true or not, I have not been able to tour Groom Lake (this is a joke), but I do agree that there have been major advances in our technology in a very short period of time. Whether it was reversed engineered or just a sudden burst of genius movement in this country and around the world I couldn't say.
I'm a believer, both in God and life outside of our concept of existence.

While I remain objective and have no problems if we discover most "sightings" to just be drones, I firmly believe there is a line life out there somewhere, or even here among us.

I don't think our advances in tech have to do with anything of the sort, tech advances accelerating as we become a more advanced people makes sense.

That said, I'm also one of those that, to take your example here, see no other explanation for those images other than time travel or alien manifestations. I'd love to hear an alternative that is actually plausible, or more plausible than the two mentioned, but I've never heard one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:26 AM
si vis pacem para bellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosinka View Post
Advanced drones could explain the maneuvering and lack of exhaust plume.

As well as how there could be “a whole fleet of them”

Many of the UFO sightings Over the years could be explained by drones that use any any number of vertical props. The Air Force even experimented with some UFO-looking piloted aircraft. Who’s to say they didn’t continue their experiments with remotely controlled or automated drone versions that can do all sorts of “tricks” piloted aircraft with normal aerodynamics can’t.
I know that when my ex had me locked up in '96 we were watching the Discovery Channel one day and they did a story of an experimental aircraft, that was at the time called the X35.

It was an advanced fighter jet which had no tail wings at all. Instead it used hydraulic plates to maneuver itself and could damn near, in theory, turn on a 90 degree turn.

They did a mock computer simulation of it in combat against the f14 tomcat and with 30 seconds on every single scenario it destroyed the f14 because of it's advanced maneuvering abilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 11:46 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,074 Times in 20,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
I like to sit out on my back deck as it gets dark, watch the last of the bird action, see the bats come out. I'm fortunate its not buggy most nights.

I watch the stars come out, try to identify this and that, watch airplanes go by. One night a couple years back, I see something cross the sky at a ridiculous speed, it was past my field of view in less than 2 seconds. Jets go by at 500 mph, this was way beyond that. They are out there.
Probably the ISS space station. It streaks across the sky really fast.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,195 Posts

It's not aliens. It's us. Hidden tech developed since Tesla gave to the world his ideas. US army took those ideas and started to manufacture and test it. That is why you have these things after 1930 but not sooner.

We will slowly be made aware of it. At this point in time they (shadow rulers) are still debating when to stop/destroy our civilization and when to start the new one, under their new developed ruling and some of the new tech.

It is always us, trying to become gods over others...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Fix Bayonets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
It's not aliens. It's us. Hidden tech developed since Tesla gave to the world his ideas. US army took those ideas and started to manufacture and test it. That is why you have these things after 1930 but not sooner.

We will slowly be made aware of it. At this point in time they (shadow rulers) are still debating when to stop/destroy our civilization and when to start the new one, under their new developed ruling and some of the new tech.

It is always us, trying to become gods over others...
Sounds cute, and there is some truth to some of it, but you're on a board full of military members and vets from all corners of the spectrum, we are aware of much of the tech out there, so while some of the sightings are very easily drones, some, many of us still believe in the very real and mathematical possibility that intelligent life exists elsewhere.

In short, its naive to write off all possible non identified objects as simply some unknown project or tech out there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForgedInTheFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2019, 01:29 PM
si vis pacem para bellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
Sounds cute, and there is some truth to some of it, but you're on a board full of military members and vets from all corners of the spectrum, we are aware of much of the tech out there, so while some of the sightings are very easily drones, some, many of us still believe in the very real and mathematical possibility that intelligent life exists elsewhere.

In short, its naive to write off all possible non identified objects as simply some unknown project or tech out there.

Just for the record, with absolutely no existential proof proving or disproving anything I have stated in this thread, I do want it to be known that this is just my opinion only. And though I do not necessarily agree that we have been visited by another more advanced race of beings, does not mean it has not or will not happen. And I will respect all opinions on this matter, Especially since I do agree that with all of the planets in our universe, saying that we are the only one with intelligent life, would be considered mathematically incorrect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghost863 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 07:58 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,310 Times in 4,838 Posts

From what I've read over the years, for the government to reveal the UFO/alien thing would shatter our beliefs that are based on religion. Poof goes the Catholic Church cabal.

BUT... with all the recent attacks to Judiasm and Christianity we aren't that far off from that revelation. Films years ago like Close Encounters of the First Kind were made to have us adjust to that idea that we are not alone.

Look at our leaps in technology in the past 100 years. Tesla, Einstein and many others. The micro chip was revolutionary and is still improving. Some of Hitler's advancements are said to be extraterrestrial in nature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 08:19 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious1 View Post

Roswell is still the greatest UFO tale of our time, so far. We will probably never have the complete story, which may have been a collision of 2 or 3 crafts. It took decades for 2 accident sites to be revealed to the public.

I've read UFO books as far back as 1965, my dad had interests in them. I read about the MIB back then, they were known as early as around 1956.

Close family friends of ours live near Exeter NH, a scene of one of the greatest sighting events of all time. I recall talking to them the year after up at their horse farm. Hair raising tales for a 12 year old kid to hear.

It was probably in 1969, we were camping in Schroon Lake in upstate NY. I was out with my brother close to dusk walking back to our site. I see something and look, 2 cigar shaped crafts are going across the sky in the far distance.

We knew what just about any plane or jet looked like, there were not even close. First glance they looked like the Goodyear blimp. For years after I was reluctant to look up at the sky for any length of time.

Anything that can be gleaned from a downed craft has to be of great technologic value, once we understand what it is and how it works. To go great distances in short times, one would think they would need vast amounts of fuel.

But look at a nuclear sub, how little actual fuel is needed to propel one for a long time. Radiation has often been detected at saucer landing sites. This explains their interest in our nuke programs. Which I believe we developed on our known by the marriage of chemistry and quantum physics. Again, we go back to the "gifted" minds of people like Einstein that had a huge hand in it... hmmm.

Now we seem to be on the track of magnetic propulsion which is a likely renewable energy source. This would be a game changer of all sorts of energy across the globe if it could be harnessed safely and relatively inexpensively.

I have always said that home-heating could be achieved by every home having a standalone sealed nuclear reactor in our basements. The utility company would stop in every year or so to drop a fresh pellet of fuel into it. But noooo.... some idiot would have to crack open a bunch of them so they could make a bomb.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 08:22 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 67,074 Times in 20,542 Posts

I find it hard to believe that there is another planet with life, close enough to visit us, and yet we can't detect a simple radio wave from that planet with all the years of SETI sky searching that has been done.

We would have picked up some sort of EM broadcasts by now. Hell, we can see billions of stars out there, but apparently have detected nothing in the way of a ship to ship communication, or a news broadcast or anything.

Statistically there should be many other inhabited planets out there, but perhaps at distances so stupendous that they are millions of light years away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 08:32 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
I find it hard to believe that there is another planet with life, close enough to visit us, and yet we can't detect a simple radio wave from that planet with all the years of SETI sky searching that has been done.

We would have picked up some sort of EM broadcasts by now. Hell, we can see billions of stars out there, but apparently have detected nothing in the way of a ship to ship communication, or a news broadcast or anything.

Statistically there should be many other inhabited planets out there, but perhaps at distances so stupendous that they are millions of light years away.
Ever think they may not use radio waves? We think of them in terms of ourselves... shoot.. who doesn't use radio waves? I'm sure the distances they travel are vast. Maybe we are seeing expendable scouts that man them, as in the Roswell critters that were recovered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 09:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,418 Posts

We are no doubt another worlds farm experiment and they come by to check and see how we are doing. Note all the physical exams. Our government is aware of these visits and does not want to pop our bubble and tell us the truth. It would destroy what most of the world believes in. These ufo encounters are far too frequent and sooner or later the leaders are going to have to fess up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 09:19 AM
Wrong Side of Heaven

Thanked 5,994 Times in 2,211 Posts

I do not believe that if ET were to come to the planet they are here for material resources.

Everything can be found just in our solar system alone without having to drop into a gravity well and then haul them out, let alone an entire galaxy to shop in. Water in comets, heavy metals in asteroid belts, moons of methane; that we have found with our primitive tech. Too much energy expended to gain what is elsewhere, unless we are long term slaves for Fort Knox type withdrawals.

We are just a 7/11 quickie stop for biological materials with great diversity. Organic biomass has been here for millions of years. The galactic data base probably hasnt been updated in a while. ETs show up for scrambled dino eggs and see an unfocused species of hive monkey. So they load up with human jerky, pickle a few whales, and then bounce to the next rest stop.

We are the equivalent of a hot roasted peanut stand on the side of the road where rubber necking type 3 Kardashev look out their windows as they go by, if we even hold that much significance. On a planetary scale we are pretty impressive, but not yet reached type 1. On a solar scale, we have 70 year old tech just escaping the system and is the equivalent of a bottle cap somewhere in the ocean. On the galactic scale our best scifi can only dream.

Even Shakespeare saw the bigger picture being tech deprived as compared today
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ImStillHere For This Useful Post: