Learning Eperience - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reclaiming Institutions of Higher Learning RichardinColorado General Discussion 19 12-04-2018 09:42 PM
Preppers: Learning to Process and Cook Wild Game AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-15-2018 07:30 AM
Four Tips On Learning Navigational Skills AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 02-12-2018 10:30 AM
Prepping is a learning game kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 10 11-21-2017 07:31 PM
Any resource recommendations for learning about cybersecurity, dark web, privacy, etc Reason The Tech Zone 4 01-23-2017 07:42 PM

Old 08-01-2019, 07:09 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 10,073 Times in 3,651 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolWarrior View Post
The topic is not about grizzlies or werewolves. It's about a dog. One good stab will make any attacking dog whimper and stumble off or fall over.
LOLOLOL...Oh wait...you are serious? In that case..LOLOLOL

This from a guy that has admitted to having zero experience fighting off a dog. I on the other hand have the bite scars of an encounter on my right forearm. You couldn't even be bothered to research and find that often dogs have to be killed or knocked out to get them to release their victim. Once their prey drive kicks in backed up by selecting fight from the fight-or-flight menu...it's on.

Quote:
It probably won't sway you much but, the purpose of my rambling was to point out that firsthand experience with conflicts in general matters. It's where "lucky" comes from.
Fighting a person has nothing to do with fighting an animal nor does it lead to a lucky blind stab that hits a vital organ (apparently the heart) like your dad's did.

It might surprise you but you are hardly the only one that is experienced with violence.
Quote:
A stun gun is not a bad idea, but too bulky for edc.
They come in come very small packages now. Hell the ones on shock collars are roughly 2 square inches (inch x inch x two).
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post

This from a guy that has admitted to having zero experience fighting off a dog. I on the other hand have the bite scars of an encounter on my right forearm. You couldn't even be bothered to research and find that often dogs have to be killed or knocked out to get them to release their victim. Once their prey drive kicks in backed up by selecting fight from the fight-or-flight menu...it's on.

Fighting a person has nothing to do with fighting an animal nor does it lead to a lucky blind stab that hits a vital organ (apparently the heart) like your dad's did.

It might surprise you but you are hardly the only one that is experienced with violence.
They come in come very small packages now. Hell the ones on shock collars are roughly 2 square inches (inch x inch x two).
Part of you acts like some twerp instead of a grown man. Your remarks along with your laughs and giggles come across like a self-centered teenage girl with her peers at her side who has to pokes fun at others to feel better about herself. If you want to exchange thoughts like a grown man then drop the teenage defensive and insecure garbage and man up. How old are you anyway? (You don't have to answer)

Quote:
Luck is a word used by people who don't know what just happened. Knife fighting with other men does lead to experience in handling a knife against dogs too. But to call it blind is getting personal. It was decisive and for lack of experience and some insecure or personal reason you're now calling it blind. He aimed and planted the blade right where he wanted it. He could have missed that exact spot but he didn't. It's as simple as that. Either way the stab would have still been effective.

That aside, I never said I had zero experiences with dog attacks. I had a few. What I said is that I have zero experience using a KNIFE against a dog attack. This may come as a surprise to you as nowadays everyone depends on the net for everything. There's still a few of us who feel that learning from real experiences is still second to none. The net comes in handy, sure, but I don't rely on it or see it as a must for all things.

You should have opened with your history with dogs. I believe that your dog attack experience left you traumatized. No offense. It's common. I even get it. It's scary. One time when I was 12-14, a buddy sic his dog on me. It was a lab mix and it was 2 feet in front of me at the time. Growling it leaped at me and bit me in the stomach. In fear I reacted with a right hook to the dog's head and as it turned out I popped the dog on the ear and it backed off. I then kicked my buddy in the nuts cause that's the way I react to fear. It ticks me off. So get it but if we do nothing, the fear will grow and cause irrational behavior, especially when on that topic.

I was about to quit on you but I'm going to ramble again and may even become irrelevant in your eyes one more time so bear with me.

I had two other experiences with dogs but the pitbull I mentioned, that tore into the 27 people was the one that enlightened me to carry a quick opening knife...or fixed blade. The pitbull was all muscle and his big bony head was easily the size of the bottom of 5 gallon bucket. Huge head. The dog's owner is a good friend of mine. He has many visitors and a 6ft+ wrought iron fence encircling his front yard. It has a locked driveway gate that slides open.

The dog charges at full force and lunges at your face slamming hard into the gate. He did it to me several times when I'd go over and stand close at the gate and whistle to my buddy. At first I took my S&W snub-nose .38 special. But then thought about the knife and got it. The way I see it, I not only own the gun but every single bullet as well. One stray bullet in a populated neighborhood and well, you get it.

One of the guys it attacked was a biker dude as he was leaving. Again at full speed it lunged at his face. He blocked with his forearm, dog bites and locks on. (Typical of pits.) He struggles with it then used the sliding gate to get the dog off his forearm by slamming the gate on the dog's head. It staggered a bit, just enough for the guy to close the gate. (This is the breed of dog that's known for their strong lockjaw bite like no other.) The guy was bleeding and went to get stitched. Considering a dog's anatomy, a knife stab parallel to the ribs would go in deep and get a dog's attention and do much more damage than a blow to their strong point - his huge thick bony head. Repeated stabs alongside the ribs as described, chest or stab and rip at the throat would be worse and would likely kill the dog right then and there or eventually. But it would definitely let go and lose focus. No more "badass" dog.

Is the following relevant to the topic? I'm sure you'll let me know. I trained for many years and became a certified instructor of an esoteric style in aikijujutsu. (not Daito ryu/style) It's a very well rounded combat art. It's where Krav Maga got all its techniques from, yet, aikijujutsu has an endless amount of techniques and many (too many) weapons to train with as well. I know, Krav Maga is all the rave right now just like BJJ was a few decades ago when MMA and the octagon first came to the US. BJJ came from jujutsu and some judo and all of them and more came from aikijujutsu. It's one of only two complete ancient combat arts. The fact is, krav maga is not a complete system. And not One technique in KM is new as I've seen and applied them all and more. So it's either a copycat self-defense school at the least or plagiarism at worse cause I've never seen where its "founder" gives credit to the origin of all the techniques they use and claim as "krav maga". In aikijujutsu the aiki part is the most complex and toughest to grasp. Most students never get it.

My point is, I have trained with a select amount of weapons from the art that I felt were the most practical for today. That and a bit of kenjujutsu for its forms and core values. I have also found use in other stuff that serve great as weapons, like a nice old tapered hickory wood axe handle. I found it on the acreage I bought and now live on. It's excellent for self-defense. I'd put it put against a bat any time as it's lighter, faster so more agile (better for one-handed use) and just as strong or stronger than a bat. The wood grain runs along the length of the handle providing the edges (striking areas) with optimum strength. But it would not be my first choice against a dog because it's a distance weapon and dogs are fast. (Of course not all dogs will charge at full speed but what if?) However, one swing is all you'll get at a dog charging at you at full speed so inside weapons will fare better, hence the knife.

This is where I draw my knowledge from but none of this will likely be to you satisfaction as it's been personal to you from the the get go. Plus I don't enjoy doing this much typing. Lol. Maybe one day we will meet again under more friendly circumstances. If not no biggie. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to SolWarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 PM
This is a great survival forum

"
Quote:
SO it's either a copycat self-defense school at the least or plagiarism at worse cause I've never seen where its "founder" gives credit to the origin of all the techniques they use and claim as "krav maga"."
Plagiarism-? Really-?

For starters, I've yet to see where hitting someone with your fist is 'copyrighted'.

As for the founder of Krav Maga (Imi Lichtenfeld) not giving credit to the origin of the different fighting techniques...he developed KM as unarmed combat training for Israeli military. He was very open about having borrowed from his personal training and experience in boxing, wrestling and judo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2019, 09:01 PM

Blah blah blah....I've been in more fights (not including refereed matches) than I can easily remember and whenever someone starts recounting
every single punch, kick, strike, block, parry, etc. down to the angle, direction and speed...I throw the BS flag. That includes blow by blow (or bite by bite) accounts of how he took out The Hound of the Baskervilles, Cujo and a rabid Lassie with his bowie, dirk or dagger.

For starters, to stab a dog in the ribs with a knife, you pretty much have to be at face distance...yours and his. That means your hand, forearm, face, throat, genitals, or at least (if you're lucky) leg are in his mouth and instead of instinctively pulling away, you actually lean into him to close the distance to striking range. If he's gnawing on one of your body parts, concentrating on sticking your blade between ribs no. X, Y and Z is unlikely.

If you have a knife and he gets you down then sure, try to stab him. Better to keep him off you if possible. Use a stick (or cane, spear, baseball bat, etc.) by violently jabbing him in the nose and mouth with forceful, straight/linear shots or shoving it into his mouth like you mean to choke him with it.

MY choice for the best type of dog defense weapon that could probably be carried in many urban settings is some sort of long stun gun. Most of the good ones are rather pricey and very obtrusive... but if it's a recurring or likely scenario, probably a good investment. Thing is, the robust examples are not really concealable. There are some that look like short, thick umbrellas...but most of those are poor quality in my opinion.

So....compact pepper spray may be a deterrent for the run of the mill aggressive dog. Won't stop a trained dog, though, and dubious effectiveness on a powerful dog determined to bite you.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The topic is not about grizzlies or werewolves. It's about a dog. One good stab will make any attacking dog whimper and stumble off or fall over.

This from a guy that has admitted to having zero experience fighting off a dog.
LOL You know, lack of experience never stops armchair warriors and keyboard commandos from expounding on how to 'neutralize' bad guys...or bad doggies!

Yeah, like Perfesser Mayhem sez: "one good stab will make any attacking dog whimper and stumble off"....just like one good kick to the groin will make any attacking mugger whimper, surrender, apologize, and offer to carry your groceries! You just gotta be a trained Aikijutsunami Ninja like him. In fact, if you show the mugger or pit bull your Certificate of Online Seminar Attendance, they'll probably run away!

ROFLMAO

I've never been attacked (in my own skin) by a large, powerful dog...but I have been attacked (and bitten) by a few small to medium dogs...and I've worn the aggressor suit for trained K9 units...and rough housed with my Dogo Argentinos, Pit Bulls, and various cur dogs enough to know that most people have no appreciation of how bad a situation you're in when a dog attacks especially if it's powerful and determined to hurt you.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Part of you acts like some twerp instead of a grown man. Your remarks along with your laughs and giggles come across like a self-centered teenage girl with her peers at her side who has to pokes fun at others to feel better about herself. If you want to exchange thoughts like a grown man then drop the teenage defensive and insecure garbage and man up. How old are you anyway? (You don't have to answer)

Luck is a word used by people who don't know what just happened. Knife fighting with other men does lead to experience in handling a knife against dogs too. But to call it blind is getting personal. It was decisive and for lack of experience and some insecure or personal reason you're now calling it blind. He aimed and planted the blade right where he wanted it. He could have missed that exact spot but he didn't. It's as simple as that. Either way the stab would have still been effective.

That aside, I never said I had zero experiences with dog attacks. I had a few. What I said is that I have zero experience using a KNIFE against a dog attack. This may come as a surprise to you as nowadays everyone depends on the net for everything. There's still a few of us who feel that learning from real experiences is still second to none. The net comes in handy, sure, but I don't rely on it or see it as a must for all things.

You should have opened with your history with dogs. I believe that your dog attack experience left you traumatized. No offense. It's common. I even get it. It's scary. One time when I was 12-14, a buddy sic his dog on me. It was a lab mix and it was 2 feet in front of me at the time. Growling it leaped at me and bit me in the stomach. In fear I reacted with a right hook to the dog's head and as it turned out I popped the dog on the ear and it backed off. I then kicked my buddy in the nuts cause that's the way I react to fear. It ticks me off. So get it but if we do nothing, the fear will grow and cause irrational behavior, especially when on that topic.

I was about to quit on you but I'm going to ramble again and may even become irrelevant in your eyes one more time so bear with me.

I had two other experiences with dogs but the pitbull I mentioned, that tore into the 27 people was the one that enlightened me to carry a quick opening knife...or fixed blade. The pitbull was all muscle and his big bony head was easily the size of the bottom of 5 gallon bucket. Huge head. The dog's owner is a good friend of mine. He has many visitors and a 6ft+ wrought iron fence encircling his front yard. It has a locked driveway gate that slides open.

The dog charges at full force and lunges at your face slamming hard into the gate. He did it to me several times when I'd go over and stand close at the gate and whistle to my buddy. At first I took my S&W snub-nose .38 special. But then thought about the knife and got it. The way I see it, I not only own the gun but every single bullet as well. One stray bullet in a populated neighborhood and well, you get it.

One of the guys it attacked was a biker dude as he was leaving. Again at full speed it lunged at his face. He blocked with his forearm, dog bites and locks on. (Typical of pits.) He struggles with it then used the sliding gate to get the dog off his forearm by slamming the gate on the dog's head. It staggered a bit, just enough for the guy to close the gate. (This is the breed of dog that's known for their strong lockjaw bite like no other.) The guy was bleeding and went to get stitched. Considering a dog's anatomy, a knife stab parallel to the ribs would go in deep and get a dog's attention and do much more damage than a blow to their strong point - his huge thick bony head. Repeated stabs alongside the ribs as described, chest or stab and rip at the throat would be worse and would likely kill the dog right then and there or eventually. But it would definitely let go and lose focus. No more "badass" dog.

Is the following relevant to the topic? I'm sure you'll let me know. I trained for many years and became a certified instructor of an esoteric style in aikijujutsu. (not Daito ryu/style) It's a very well rounded combat art. It's where Krav Maga got all its techniques from, yet, aikijujutsu has an endless amount of techniques and many (too many) weapons to train with as well. I know, Krav Maga is all the rave right now just like BJJ was a few decades ago when MMA and the octagon first came to the US. BJJ came from jujutsu and some judo and all of them and more came from aikijujutsu. It's one of only two complete ancient combat arts. The fact is, krav maga is not a complete system. And not One technique in KM is new as I've seen and applied them all and more. So it's either a copycat self-defense school at the least or plagiarism at worse cause I've never seen where its "founder" gives credit to the origin of all the techniques they use and claim as "krav maga". In aikijujutsu the aiki part is the most complex and toughest to grasp. Most students never get it.

My point is, I have trained with a select amount of weapons from the art that I felt were the most practical for today. That and a bit of kenjujutsu for its forms and core values. I have also found use in other stuff that serve great as weapons, like a nice old tapered hickory wood axe handle. I found it on the acreage I bought and now live on. It's excellent for self-defense. I'd put it put against a bat any time as it's lighter, faster so more agile (better for one-handed use) and just as strong or stronger than a bat. The wood grain runs along the length of the handle providing the edges (striking areas) with optimum strength. But it would not be my first choice against a dog because it's a distance weapon and dogs are fast. (Of course not all dogs will charge at full speed but what if?) However, one swing is all you'll get at a dog charging at you at full speed so inside weapons will fare better, hence the knife.

This is where I draw my knowledge from but none of this will likely be to you satisfaction as it's been personal to you from the the get go. Plus I don't enjoy doing this much typing. Lol. Maybe one day we will meet again under more friendly circumstances. If not no biggie. Good luck
Yet you have typed out two wall of text posts detailing how much of a badass you are while devoting very few lines to the subject at hand.

"Teenaged girl"...nope just always amused by the ramblings of yet another internet badass trying to toot his own horn.

"Traumatized by the dog attack" Hardly...I just killed him...with a gun. To this day I have multiple dogs as pets.

Stabbing a dog (or a human for that matter) through the ribs is a good way to end up with the blade stuck in their body. You stab upwards from under the ribs for that reason.

Marines in WWII facing CQB with hordes of Japanese started to favor a large sharpened screwdriver over a knife for the reason I just mentioned, as it had no sharp edge to get caught on bone or cartilage as it was being pulled out. Also why Mafia guys (a few of whom were at my high school graduation party) liked an ice-pick.

As to my age...60 this month. Former Marine GySgt. Medicaled out after 17yrs. 2/5, 2/9, 3/8, 2/1, 1/4, 3rdLAR, 2yrs in JSOC, 7 deployments to include Lebanon and Somalia. Combat Action ribbon, Jump qual'ed, 70% disabled combat vet.

So you see I do have a bit of "real world" experience with violence.

Last edited by Steve_In_29; 08-05-2019 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: clarified my meaning
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Yet you have typed out two wall of text posts detailing how much of a badass you are while devoting very few lines to the subject at hand.

"Teenaged girl"...nope just always amused by the ramblings of yet another internet badass trying to toot his own horn.

"Traumatized by the dog attack" Hardly...I just killed him...with a gun. To this day I have multiple dogs as pets.

Stabbing a dog (or a human for that matter) through the ribs is a good way to end up with the blade stuck in their body. You stab upwards from under the ribs for that reason.

Marines in WWII facing CQB with hordes of Japanese started to favor a large sharpened screwdriver over a knife for the reason I just mentioned, as it had no sharp edge to get caught on bone or cartilage as it was being pulled out. Also why Mafia guys (a few of whom were at my high school graduation party) liked an ice-pick.

As to my age...60 this month. Former Marine GySgt. Medicaled out after 17yrs. 2/5, 2/9, 3/8, 2/1, 1/4, 3rdLAR, 2yrs in JSOC, 7 deployments to include Lebanon and Somalia. Combat Action ribbon, Jump qual'ed, 70% disabled combat vet.

So you see I do have a bit of "real world" experience with violence.

You keeping calling me a badass but it's you with the attitude and constant angry replies. So who's really acting like the badass? That and the fact that you're 60 doesn't help your case. Like I said, your constant anger stems from fear and insecurities. Look it up and get help.

I've known about the sharpened screwdrivers and ice picks used by gangs and prison inmates since I was a kid in school. However, they're not reasonable to carry. A sharp straight edge blade is unlikely to get stuck. Serrated edges blades and sawback knives could but you're reaching and it shows.

During WW2 infantry used a three sided dagger like blade meant for stabbing. They're not sharp but very pointy and were used for German officers who wore those long tight woven thick wool coats that regular blades could not penetrate. I have something similar I found in an ammo box in an old shack on my property.

To wrap things up with you, since I see no end to your negativity. I offered an insight to my background for the purpose of this topic, not to brag or threaten your sensitive nature. But you don't want to know anything that doesn't bow down to you or strokes your ego. Your first reply to me was an attack and you haven't changed your approach since because of my initial post. This statement in particular encapsulated your demeanor and why you've been ****ed since: "I know most around here rely on guns for most situations. I don't know if it's fear or an inability to defend themselves without one."

It slapped you right where it hurts you most - Your Ego - because it described you to the T based on your attack mode from the start. I even offered you a peacemaking. But no. You're too dense and full of crap to man up to it. So now I'm telling you to suck it up and live with it cause I don't give a rat's ass for you or your blind anger towards me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targe View Post
"

Plagiarism-? Really-?

For starters, I've yet to see where hitting someone with your fist is 'copyrighted'.

As for the founder of Krav Maga (Imi Lichtenfeld) not giving credit to the origin of the different fighting techniques...he developed KM as unarmed combat training for Israeli military. He was very open about having borrowed from his personal training and experience in boxing, wrestling and judo.

Quote:
Blah blah blah....I've been in more fights (not including refereed matches) than I can easily remember and whenever someone starts recounting
every single punch, kick, strike, block, parry, etc. down to the angle, direction and speed...I throw the BS flag. That includes blow by blow (or bite by bite) accounts of how he took out The Hound of the Baskervilles, Cujo and a rabid Lassie with his bowie, dirk or dagger.

For starters, to stab a dog in the ribs with a knife, you pretty much have to be at face distance...yours and his. That means your hand, forearm, face, throat, genitals, or at least (if you're lucky) leg are in his mouth and instead of instinctively pulling away, you actually lean into him to close the distance to striking range. If he's gnawing on one of your body parts, concentrating on sticking your blade between ribs no. X, Y and Z is unlikely.

If you have a knife and he gets you down then sure, try to stab him. Better to keep him off you if possible. Use a stick (or cane, spear, baseball bat, etc.) by violently jabbing him in the nose and mouth with forceful, straight/linear shots or shoving it into his mouth like you mean to choke him with it.

MY choice for the best type of dog defense weapon that could probably be carried in many urban settings is some sort of long stun gun. Most of the good ones are rather pricey and very obtrusive... but if it's a recurring or likely scenario, probably a good investment. Thing is, the robust examples are not really concealable. There are some that look like short, thick umbrellas...but most of those are poor quality in my opinion.

So....compact pepper spray may be a deterrent for the run of the mill aggressive dog. Won't stop a trained dog, though, and dubious effectiveness on a powerful dog determined to bite you.
Quote:
LOL You know, lack of experience never stops armchair warriors and keyboard commandos from expounding on how to 'neutralize' bad guys...or bad doggies!

Yeah, like Perfesser Mayhem sez: "one good stab will make any attacking dog whimper and stumble off"....just like one good kick to the groin will make any attacking mugger whimper, surrender, apologize, and offer to carry your groceries! You just gotta be a trained Aikijutsunami Ninja like him. In fact, if you show the mugger or pit bull your Certificate of Online Seminar Attendance, they'll probably run away!

ROFLMAO

I've never been attacked (in my own skin) by a large, powerful dog...but I have been attacked (and bitten) by a few small to medium dogs...and I've worn the aggressor suit for trained K9 units...and rough housed with my Dogo Argentinos, Pit Bulls, and various cur dogs enough to know that most people have no appreciation of how bad a situation you're in when a dog attacks especially if it's powerful and determined to hurt you.
As for you, the guy who comes across like some steroid injecting testosterone driven punk. You make claims without knowing the first about me or the arts you bring up. I don't know the first thing about you so the prior statement could be partially wrong but not the part about you not knowing those arts. Try not to act like such lil bitch with zero credibility next time - where ever that is, as I'm done with this thread.

I've heard or read about the history of krav maga. What you state is nothing knew to me. Also, I bought up Krav Maga because, like you, most people don't know about aikijujutsu and if you knew anything about the arts you mentioned you'd know that the footwork and movements that make up the redirection techniques with or without breaks, dislocations and so on practiced in KM are what we called "bone grinding" in my style and art. And although most of the techniques used in KM are at the intermediate level - with use of muscle or physical strength Only - they are all original to aikijujutsu. Those techniques are what makes up and defines KM for what it is. And none of those techniques are similar to wrestling, judo or boxing. They came directly from aikijujutsu. Or are you saying that a series of spot on techniques identical to an ancient art just happen to come to mind to the so call founder of KM who "created" it in the 1940s? Lol What a coincidence!

After much training, practice, drills and repeat until capturing the essence of the aiki in aikijujutsu from an 80 years old Japanese 10th degree grandmaster (visiting from Japan) with one question and a one word reply, I tested at the first black-belt level and also served as an uke to another who was also testing on that day. (The son of an instructor) And although breaking falls came easy to me, being slammed to the mat at full force for a total of 141 times (108 open-hand random attacks & 33 random attacks with weapons) I could not eat but a bite of a huge ribeye steak when I was taken out to celebrate by neighbors that night. My guts, not my bones, joints or muscles, were hurting too bad to eat. So, if there is such a thing as an online instructor's certification in aikijujutsu I'd like to see where it's being offered. I'd be the first to tell them that there's no way anyone could learn this art online or from any book.

(I've lost all expectation in either of you to accept anything from me with any decency as neither of you have the ability nor the maturity to act accordingly so I won't be looking back at this thread at your attacks)

Did you read any of the previous posts? Cause like all your other presumptions, your claims and remarks made about my thoughts of dog attacks are all impulsive reactions and beyond idiotic claims of me and "cujo" yada yada yada... and thus I'm extending you the same courtesy that you extended me, so, if you did say something of worth you lost me at your initial ignorant remarks.

Also, you in a clumsy dummy suit wrestling with attack dogs and nothing else is not training you but for the dog ONLY. There's nothing realistic that you can take from it to use as self-defense against a street dog attacking you that is not basic knowledge.

This whole dog attack topic has been taken out of context by the lunatic who denies having fear of dog attacks and using him owning pet dogs as an example of his lack of fear. Nuts. I have nothing further to say on the topic as I'm dealing with one lost in anger soul and you who hasn't a clue to communicating without insults. What a great example of the small stuff that drives people like yourselves.

With that I'm shutting down the poor exchanges on this thread as I'm worn out with the endless BS and through being proper with idiots.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:

After much training, practice, drills and repeat until capturing the essence of the aiki in aikijujutsu from an 80 years old Japanese 10th degree grandmaster (visiting from Japan) with one question and a one word reply, I tested at the first black-belt level and also served as an uke to another who was also testing on that day
Well, before you go away forever and ever, tell us:

Was the 80 year old guy who kicked your ass the same person who taught you how to kill big attack dogs with a single stab of your ginsu steak knife?

'Cause like, I would LOVE to see you demonstrate your skills on my Argentine Dogo or my Presa Canario. I genuinely, really, truly would pay good money to see that!

Quote:
you in a clumsy dummy suit wrestling with attack dogs and nothing else is not training you but for the dog ONLY. There's nothing realistic that you can take from it to use as self-defense against a street dog attacking you that is not basic knowledge.
I never claimed it trains me (to deal with attack dogs) if you mean some sort of hand to hand judo chop on a dog, or whatever. It does, however, give a person realization and appreciation for the speed and agility of medium to large dogs intent on hurting you. Perhaps if you spent a session inside a bite suit, you'd realize you really don't have a clue what you're talking about when you say "One good stab will make any attacking dog whimper and stumble off or fall over."

The point is, getting in "one good stab" on an attacking dog can be like playing Whack A Mole while blindfolded. And even when (if) you do get in a "good stab" one almost definitely won't be enough.

Just saying.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Semper Fi

Yet another wall of text trying to get us to believe how badass he is. Though now he is throwing in his hurt feels as well.

Perhaps his mommy will warm up some pizza rolls and bring them to the basement for him.

It has been my experience that those who brag the loudest are the ones least likely to have done what they brag about. Supposedly a calm cool killer yet he gets so wrapped up when his "stories" aren't accepted as truth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Yet another wall of text trying to get us to believe how badass he is. Though now he is throwing in his hurt feels as well.

Perhaps his mommy will warm up some pizza rolls and bring them to the basement for him.

It has been my experience that those who brag the loudest are the ones least likely to have done what they brag about. Supposedly a calm cool killer yet he gets so wrapped up when his "stories" aren't accepted as truth.
I asked an Aikido Black Belt (so he said) why aren't Aikido practitioners winning in UFC (back in the mid 90's) if it's so deadly and effective?

He gave me the usual mumbo jumbo about how it's because it IS so damned deadly that it cannot be prostituted for someone's entertainment, blah blah blah...

"So...Steven Seagal is a PROSTITUTE-? 'Cause like, he's selling that **** for entertainment left and right!"

He fumbled around and then mumbled
"Umm...we don't discuss 'that person' in my dojo."

LOL
Old 08-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Semper Fi

Quote:
I asked an Aikido Black Belt (so he said) why aren't Aikido practitioners winning in UFC (back in the mid 90's) if it's so deadly and effective?

He gave me the usual mumbo jumbo about how it's because it IS so damned deadly that it cannot be prostituted for someone's entertainment, blah blah blah...

"So...Steven Seagal is a PROSTITUTE-? 'Cause like, he's selling that **** for entertainment left and right!"

He fumbled around and then mumbled
"Umm...we don't discuss 'that person' in my dojo."

LOL
Well I do get a laugh out of how back in the day Seagal used to portray himself as some uber badass on the talk shows, yet when the Mafia sent a couple wise guys to pay him a visit to shake him down for a movie he was making...did he use his MUCH bragged about super duper ninjitsu skills to kick their ass...no...he called and hid behind the cops.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:24 PM

I'm pretty sure I found a video of S***Warrior's black belt test. That's the "old Japanese guy" Grand Dragon Master in black beating up on S****Warrior.

The old Japanese guy doesn't look especially grand, masterful or even Japanese, for that matter.

But S***Warrior did say he got his clock cleaned so hard he didn't know which end of an Eyed Steak to nibble...so maybe his memory is a little fuzzy.

https://youtu.be/P8O5E5IgsHc
Old 08-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,322 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:
Don't go mental snowflake. There have been enough of that in the last week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Hiking stick or cane usually helps.

Or a handy rock.
Yeah, a stout hiking stick with a metal tip that can be broken down is a great 'all around' self-defense weapon and 'usually legal'.

I am not saying don't carry a gun, if you can. But that's simply not always an option; unless you never leave your Hidey Hole in the Hills of Iderho.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,084 Times in 962 Posts

Neat story OP, thanks for the share.

Next time, choose Enterprise. They’ll pick you up.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:54 PM

I've read 2 pages of this so far and will read the rest once I'm done writing this. I've killed 2 wild dogs in my life one to save one of my sisters that the dog scared up a tree amd one to protect my dog from the other dog. With my sister I used a putter golf club came up from behind and used it like an axe on its head. The second was with a 8 inch knife I use to walk around with all the time my dog pretty much saved me she pinned the other one down and slammed the knife into the chest till I feel the ground 6 times and got bit twice. It's not something I'm proud and still bugs me a little but it's real world experience. Getting bit sucks ass.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashshadow View Post
I've read 2 pages of this so far and will read the rest once I'm done writing this. I've killed 2 wild dogs in my life one to save one of my sisters that the dog scared up a tree amd one to protect my dog from the other dog. With my sister I used a putter golf club came up from behind and used it like an axe on its head. The second was with a 8 inch knife I use to walk around with all the time my dog pretty much saved me she pinned the other one down and slammed the knife into the chest till I feel the ground 6 times and got bit twice. It's not something I'm proud and still bugs me a little but it's real world experience. Getting bit sucks ass.
Interesting story. What happened after that?
Old 08-10-2019, 04:24 PM

The first one was back before most of the land I grew up on was developed so it was all farms. So I'm not sure if it was a wild dog or a coyote as there are still tons of them in that area. But that one I just left in a small bush near the tree. The other one I know was a dog and it was owned by a guy that was a know crackhead from what I can remember the guy oded and the dog ran loose that whole day it attacked mailman and I want to say a car or the mail car. Ya that one i just kinda rolled into a ditch near the crack heads house as I was on that street and called the cops they checked the house and found him dead then had me checked on my arm I will say this if it wasnt for my grandpa carhart I would have been messed up had a really bruise on my forearm pretty much the whole thing. And like I said it sucked ass.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,486 Times in 2,785 Posts

I carry a Cold Steel sword cane. Ive been attacked by dogs 3 times while carrying it. Never had to use the sword after smacking them on the head. Ive booted a few before I got the cane. What can I say,my dog is a hate magnet for other dogs.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashshadow View Post
The first one was back before most of the land I grew up on was developed so it was all farms. So I'm not sure if it was a wild dog or a coyote as there are still tons of them in that area. But that one I just left in a small bush near the tree. The other one I know was a dog and it was owned by a guy that was a know crackhead from what I can remember the guy oded and the dog ran loose that whole day it attacked mailman and I want to say a car or the mail car. Ya that one i just kinda rolled into a ditch near the crack heads house as I was on that street and called the cops they checked the house and found him dead then had me checked on my arm I will say this if it wasnt for my grandpa carhart I would have been messed up had a really bruise on my forearm pretty much the whole thing. And like I said it sucked ass.
Everyone I know who's been bitten by a dog and it couldn't be proven it had been vaccinated (for rabies) had to take rabies serum shots...and in the case of coyote (twice) and fox bites (numerous) they always had to at least start the rabies shots until/unless the lab reports came back negative for rabies on the animals' heads.