Today I had my firearm seized. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WA: I-1639 Anti-gun initiative - don't vote for it Bazooka Joe Washington 12 04-27-2019 07:04 PM
What Makes a Firearm Entry Level? AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 02-12-2019 03:00 PM
USA Today: AR-15 Chainsaw Bayonet AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 2 05-14-2018 07:37 AM
Top 5 Vintage Firearm Ads AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-11-2018 10:30 PM

Old 04-18-2019, 09:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,515 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatpat View Post
I am the only one I know that complied and registered my AR.

I’m clean cut, and follow the rules, plus I wanted to have an AR I can take to the range/desert, and not be worried about it.
Trust me, I totally understand wanting to be doing nothing illegal. I too have a wife and kids, and that would be a tough decision to make. You can't exactly support the family from jail. However, this is a good learning experience to others on this site, and sorry it happened to you. Yeah, I bet, and it sounds like they are doing this to those who registered. I'm sure there is NOT a correct way to fill out the paperwork.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FalconsBravesHawks For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 10:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,236 Times in 1,814 Posts

Is the CA form online? I'd like to look at it.
It wouldn't surprise me that it's misleading in an effort to have people make mistakes.

Did you do all of this? (Geez what a pile of crap, they got you taking pictures to prove you firearm meets their standard)
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1414621
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:22 AM

...and if you don't comply with what the state demands they will just start piling on the civil/criminal charges and fees and penalties a until you are broke and destroyed. Not exactly what our founding fathers intended.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PromptCritical For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hick Industries View Post
When i retired in 2014, I sold the house, and moved.
North east oklahoma holds the worlds buggest gun show twice a year, a full auto shoot in June, and a gun museum that covers a city block.
I have a cousin in Kaw City area. I was out there in 2003, I planned to come back for the gun show but never made it. He told his cousin that I planned to come and he said, "better bring roller skates".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:39 AM
Survivor

Thanked 38,226 Times in 11,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [_]ni/\/\og View Post
Is it bad that my first thought is " This thread is to see who all responds, I didn't / haven't/ won't/ etc register my guns as a ploy". Years on this site has turned me into a conspiracy theorist lol.

It isn't bad, it's sad. Not a fault on you as I did the same thing. That's the trouble with an internet infested with trolls who disseminate false information, it makes us all very suspicious.
FatPat (the OP) only has 3x posts. A low post count and an "unusual" writing style are often indicators of a troll, BOT, or other shady user.
I hate it and, despite it being a believable and troublesome thread, I would like more proof before I get too invested in this as a legitimate event.
No offense FatPat... Just how life is on today's internet.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:40 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,965 Times in 769 Posts

How terrible. I'm also curious if there's "an official" way to get the gun back?
The Following User Says Thank You to NickTheGreat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,170 Times in 1,604 Posts

I recommend that you visit Calguns and try and get a lawyer to take your case and sue the state and have your gun returned, etc. The guy who runs the place is 2ND Amendment Attorney who enjoys putting the state in their place.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...play.php?f=330

I wouldn't let it slide as they can come back with more agents and charges and arrest you just for fun, etc.

Although, you should have asked them if they had a warrant or were under arrest, etc. and then refused to talk to them and walked inside and closed the door, etc. Make no mistake, they would have procured a warrant and returned with the SWAT Team at 3 AM. Such are the tactics of the police state, etc.

Surrendering the firearm, as they demanded, might have saved your life and the lives of your family, plus they always kill your dog, for officer safety, after breaking down your door. Things could have and still can be a lot worse.

Get a lawyer and WIN, beat them at their own game and protect your fellow citizens as well as yourself and family.

Quote:
Today I had three DOJ special agents come to my house about a AR-15 that I had registered over a year ago under a new California Law.

I have owned this AR- 15 for 5 years and if was purchased through a FFL dealer. I registered it last June as required under a new CA Law. I have confirmation emails showing my transaction was completed and fees were paid...

The agents asked to inspect the firearm and make sure it matched the registration application.(This is where I F**ked Up)

After looking over the firearm, the agent in charge informed me that my registration application was filled out “incorrectly” making it void. My firearm matched the application, but something wasn’t completed.

He said my firearm was now considered illegal since it wasn’t registered by the cut off date.

They then gave me the option of voluntary handing it over or they would take it by force.

This all I’m going to post, I voluntarily handed it over as my wife and little kids cried(because mom was crying)

It’s starting, we are moving out of California.

It happened so fast and was the last thing I expected to happen. I have perfect record and do everything on the up and up.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,123 Posts

Seems odd to me is they'd take it for something filed incorrectly without having any time to amend the original form. On the positive side you'll get to spend several thousand to get back a $500/rifle.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STEEPOE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,170 Times in 1,604 Posts

Its not odd at all. The state of California has allocated money to seize firearms and formed several task forces to complete this process.

The more guns seized, the better their job performance is judged.

Also, it is safer and easier to go after "paperwork criminals" than real violent offenders. Less chance of confrontation/death, etc. Therefore practical application of these laws will land disproportionately on those who are innocent of mind or as in this case, are making a good faith effort to comply with the law, etc.

When I lived in Los Angeles the Highway Patrol Officers were trained to pull over nice cars and cite them for traffic violations. Rich folks don't generally have warrants and don't shoot officers. They don't go to court and would rather just pay the fine, etc. Much safer then pulling over drug dealers, burglars and other suspects. Besides, its more revenue for the state.

We saw this before, when California allowed the registration of certain SKS rifles and then decided that these were actually "illegal" under the law and demanded that these weapons be surrendered to authorities without compensation, etc.

California is a perfect example of how a "soft tyranny" operates and punishes otherwise good people. It also illustrates the motives and moral behavior of the police and their penchant to "Obey the Law" and carry out directives, rather than quit or be fired, etc.

Support Our Police....

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEPOE View Post
Seems odd to me is they'd take it for something filed incorrectly without having any time to amend the original form. On the positive side you'll get to spend several thousand to get back a $500/rifle.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mauser6863 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Survivor

I'm going to ask the OP to prove this happened. Not being disrespectful, just expect more than a story told in a few posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlovesjeeps71 View Post
I'm going to ask the OP to prove this happened. Not being disrespectful, just expect more than a story told in a few posts.
I’m being careful what I post, not sure my next plan of action
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E6EEF5EB-247A-4837-B4F3-EF2AD14933CF_1555604463309.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	286006  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fatpat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
Is the CA form online? I'd like to look at it.
It wouldn't surprise me that it's misleading in an effort to have people make mistakes.

Did you do all of this? (Geez what a pile of crap, they got you taking pictures to prove you firearm meets their standard)
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1414621
The whole website is gone!

You had until June 30th to register
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatpat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,293 Times in 5,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Contact the NRA first, they are best to direct you to the right local lawyer to help you.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,041 Posts

I don't know why but my "spidey sense" was set off by this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,293 Times in 5,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
I recommend that you visit Calguns and try and get a lawyer to take your case and sue the state and have your gun returned, etc. The guy who runs the place is 2ND Amendment Attorney who enjoys putting the state in their place.
LOL.....seriously? They're just as bad. OP would be better off calling someone over at Vivid. The adult movie industry does a far better job protecting their rights than any of the clowns on Calguns. They should rename it to NoCalguns.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:49 PM

Angry

Quote:
Today I had three DOJ special agents come to my house about a AR-15 that I had registered over a year ago under a new California Law.

I have owned this AR- 15 for 5 years and if was purchased through a FFL dealer. I registered it last June as required under a new CA Law. I have confirmation emails showing my transaction was completed and fees were paid...

The agents asked to inspect the firearm and make sure it matched the registration application.(This is where I F**ked Up)

After looking over the firearm, the agent in charge informed me that my registration application was filled out “incorrectly” making it void. My firearm matched the application, but something wasn’t completed.

He said my firearm was now considered illegal since it wasn’t registered by the cut off date.

They then gave me the option of voluntary handing it over or they would take it by force.

This all I’m going to post, I voluntarily handed it over as my wife and little kids cried(because mom was crying)

It’s starting, we are moving out of California.

It happened so fast and was the last thing I expected to happen. I have perfect record and do everything on the up and up.
Get an excellent lawyer and sue the Hell out of those clowns; and make it worth your time, sue for 2 million dollars, and mean it.
Let that be the most expensive AR 15 that California ever bought. You have the power to do it, but you have have the courage to start. And once you start, finish it and never back down.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MisterMills357 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
Get an excellent lawyer and sue the Hell out of those clowns; and make it worth your time, sue for 2 million dollars, and mean it.

Let that be the most expensive AR 15 that California ever bought. You have the power to do it, but you have have the courage to start. And once you start, finish it and never back down.

Assuming the OP is telling the truth:

This is an interesting and horrifying event.
The government has decided to confiscate private property which was legitimately and legally purchased. They send armed agents to ensure compliance and any resistance is met with overwhelming force.
Maybe some of our resident legal eagles can offer some insight as to what aspects of rights may have been violated?
Lead council...where ya at??
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 01:14 PM
If I had a voice I'd sing

Thanked 22,508 Times in 5,593 Posts

This experience by the OP raises two points.

1. CA probably DOES make the registration process cumbersome in the hope that people will make mistakes and lose their guns. This isn't the first time I've heard of it.

2. "From my cold dead hands" is a fantasy. What happened to the OP is how it will generally happen. They surprise you by knocking on your door in the middle of the day while you're home with your wife and kids. You have no idea they are coming, no time to evacuate the family so you can set up a road block or board up the house and sit in an upper floor window in a "sniper" position. When they surprise you, they will have authority to bust into your house if you don't comply, your guns will be locked up in a safe, and you will be literally unable to resist with any effect. You'll be helpless. If you DO offer effective resistance, they will still get you in the end and you will be smeared as a common criminal.

It's horrifying!

Last edited by sarco2000; 04-19-2019 at 12:17 AM..
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sarco2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarco2000 View Post
This experience by the OP raises two points.

1. CA probably DOES make the registration process cumbersome in the hope that people will make mistakes and lose their guns. This isn't the time I've heard of it.

2. "From my cold dead hands" is a fantasy. What happened to the OP is how it will generally happen. They surprise you by knocking on your door in the middle of the day while you're home with your wife and kids. You have no idea they are coming, no time to evacuate the family so you can set up a road block or board up the house and sit in an upper floor window in a "sniper" position. When they surprise you, they will have authority to bust into your house if you don't comply, your guns will be locked up in a safe, and you will be literally unable to resist with any effect. You'll be helpless. If you DO offer effective resistance, they will still get you in the end and you will be smeared as a common criminal.

It's horrifying!

Here’s an interesting question. When they asked to see the firearm, what if he says no? Or “it’s not here”?
Do they demand to look around, search the house? If he says no do they arrest him?
No search warrant. No permission.
And how can they simply confiscate it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tedlovesjeeps71 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,565 Times in 9,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedlovesjeeps71 View Post
Here’s an interesting question. When they asked to see the firearm, what if he says no? Or “it’s not here”?
Do they demand to look around, search the house? If he says no do they arrest him?
No search warrant. No permission.
And how can they simply confiscate it?
As far as I know under the new laws, you are not allowed to loan a gun out and you are required to notify the DOJ if the gun is stolen or sold. I'm not sure about destroyed, I had two ARs burn up in the Saddle fire but have no way of knowing what the numbers were.

Personally, I made mine featureless so I didn't have to register them.

And to the OP, sorry to hear about this but thanks for the heads up.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post: