Run, hide, fight - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could the U.S. fight a war like World War II again? zooeyhll General Discussion 142 07-10-2019 09:42 AM
Forget the Gobbler Run and Gun AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 04-11-2018 10:30 PM
Run in with a hit and run zumhug Urban Survival 18 03-24-2018 07:34 PM
Ryan Bundy to Run for Nevada Governor prairiegirl1925 Political News and Discussion 4 03-11-2018 10:33 AM
Generator issues....buy another or fix the current... illinoisguy Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 22 11-16-2016 07:52 PM

Old 03-17-2019, 08:56 PM

Default Run, hide, fight

Advertise Here

In that order. As an iterative process, so if you can't run, then you hide, but if you later see an opportunity to run, you take it.

I just sat through our annual disaster preparedness training at work, and this was the pitch. It's mostly based on a disgruntled employee showing up with a shot gun, but it seemed to me like a good theoretical framework for urban survivalist in general.

Agree? Disagree? I'd love to hear other opinions.
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2019, 08:58 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,687 Times in 2,542 Posts

Does your company allow you the means to defend yourself? If not, how are you supposed to fight?
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Hunter, Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Does your company allow you the means to defend yourself? If not, how are you supposed to fight?
My employers training video includes hitting the shooter with a fire extinguisher after you cant run or hide. Also tells you to leave everyone behind and save yourself
The Following User Says Thank You to Red31 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2019, 09:04 PM

I think we watched the same video.

I actually don't know if my company has a weapons policy.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:08 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,687 Times in 2,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red31 View Post
My employers training video includes hitting the shooter with a fire extinguisher after you cant run or hide. Also tells you to leave everyone behind and save yourself
What a load of crap. When the situation arises and if you survive sue the **** out of them for endangering you with inadequate security.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:09 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 41,222 Times in 9,758 Posts

I'll utilize cover and fight

I prefer not to hide and cower and I damn sure don't wanna be shot in the back
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:13 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 4,472 Times in 1,641 Posts

It's a dumb premise! However, it's made for those that don't think and are sheep by nature. These have become more popular and only get people hurt.

It's akin to hide under your desk when a nuke is inbound.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:15 PM
This is a great survival forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
What kind of question is that? Suggesting that one can't defense themselves without a weapon is a loser's mentality.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,909 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC-Trainer View Post
What kind of question is that? Suggesting that one can't defense themselves without a weapon is a loser's mentality.
Really Really ask those 50 souls in New Zealand what they think of that response!! OH that's right you cant their all dead
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ncwebnut For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 2,540 Times in 680 Posts

My thoughts to interject on this topic. It was put together by the Good Idea Fairy in the FBI a few years ago. It's fine for the sheep that don't know what to do if any little thing goes wrong during their day but I know myself. I understand clearly about myself if someone is trying to hurt me or others what sort of feelings and actions it brings about. Running is not one of the options. I clearly understand that they might get me but they will know they were in a fight. I'm not going down cowering in a corner begging for my life from some filthy piece of human excrement.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwebnut View Post
Really Really ask those 50 souls in New Zealand what they think of that response!! OH that's right you cant their all dead
It's called an ambush. Which, BTW, most assaults are.

Perhaps you can post all of the mass shootings that have been stopped by an armed civilian? For the record, the .gov definition of a mass killing involving firearms includes three killed, not including the shooter.

Show us where being armed neutralized an active shooter in the act of murder. That will help drive your point home.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:36 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 24,307 Times in 8,922 Posts

What you can't grab a chair and bash them, stab them in the eye with a pencil, throw something in their face/eyes - agree a lot easier to just pull out your pistol and shoot them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:42 PM
Hiker

Quote:

Perhaps you can post all of the mass shootings that have been stopped by an armed civilian? For the record, the .gov definition of a mass killing involving firearms includes three killed, not including the shooter.

Show us where being armed neutralized an active shooter in the act of murder. That will help drive your point home.
Unlike your self I can prove my words, and back them up It took me less than 30 seconds to find one web page from the Washington Times that states 11 times a armed citizen stopped a mass shooting

https://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...d-bad-guy-gun/
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ncwebnut For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:43 PM
Para Bellum

Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,382 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustQ View Post
In that order. As an iterative process, so if you can't run, then you hide, but if you later see an opportunity to run, you take it.

I just sat through our annual disaster preparedness training at work, and this was the pitch. It's mostly based on a disgruntled employee showing up with a shot gun, but it seemed to me like a good theoretical framework for urban survivalist in general.

Agree? Disagree? I'd love to hear other opinions.
LOL, we had the same training.
I asked their stance on firearms, and was proudly told we are a Constitutional Carry state, and welcome people to open or concealed carry in the store.

I asked about employees then, and was told if an employee brought a firearm on the premises, even locked in their trunk and they found out, it was a "one and done" matter. Meaning the employee would be immediately terminated.

I was almost fired because after that I was placing rebar around the store very obviously...I was asked what I was doing and I explained that since I couldn't defend myself with a firearm, I was stacking the deck by placing them around the store so a weapon would be handy if I needed to defend myself when I couldn't run or hide.

My humor wasn't appreciated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TraderBob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:48 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,323 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red31 View Post
"I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you"??? That's civilized behavior. Trample the women and children as you run for the lifeboats.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:52 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,323 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:

Your ignorance is astounding. Starting with not understand what ambush is. Breathtakingly foolishness, the demtards need another of your wisdom as a presidential candidate for 2020.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 09:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,486 Times in 2,785 Posts

Quote:

3 people are a mass shooting? Thats a regular half hour event in Detroit.Most mass shooting are where there are no guns allowed. If everyone CCW or open carried mass shootings couldnt happen.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Exarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncwebnut View Post
Unlike your self I can prove my words, and back them up It took me less than 30 seconds to find one web page from the Washington Times that states 11 times a armed citizen stopped a mass shooting

https://www.washingtontimes.com/mult...d-bad-guy-gun/
You clearly didn't read your own link. It helps if you actually read the information in the source.

And I most certainly can back up my words. I've already done the analysis. You should read the entire thread. You *may* just learn something.https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...=863450&page=4
Quote:
The original report covered 2000-2013. This additional report covers 2014/15.

Here are some key takeaways for those interested in the numbers:

Number of incidents - 40

State with the most active shooter incidents, tied - Texas 4, Florida 4

Percentage of active shooter incidents neutralized by unarmed citizens* - 10%
Percentage of active shooter incidents neutralized by armed citizens* - 5%

Percentage that took place in "gun-allowing zones" - 70%
Percentage that took place in "gun-restricting zones" - 15%
Percentage that took place in "gun-free zones" - 15%

Quote:
Citizens’ Involvement
In 6 incidents, citizens successfully acted to end the shootings. In 2 separate incidents, a
citizen with a valid firearms permit exchanged gunfire with the shooter before the shooters
were restrained and taken into custody by law enforcement. In 2 incidents, citizens physically
restrained the shooters until law enforcement arrived, one with the aid of pepper spray.
In 2 incidents, students were confronted by teachers; the 12-year-old middle school student
placed his gun on the floor when ordered to do so, and the 15-year-old high school student
committed suicide at the scene.

In another incident, a citizen with a valid firearms permit pursued shooters inside a store,
but was shot and killed before he fired his weapon.

*Incidents stopped by someone other than LEO or armed security personnel
Old 03-17-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
Your ignorance is astounding. Starting with not understand what ambush is. Breathtakingly foolishness, the demtards need another of your wisdom as a presidential candidate for 2020.
Is that right. Show me where these mass killers announced the day, time, etc when they were going to start firing on innocents?

Did Holmes walk in and announce that he was going to start mowing innocents down?

You don't know WTF you are talking about.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:22 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Yes, I know the weak sauce link well. It's inaccurate and most do not meet the government definition of a mass killing involving firearms. Try again.
I ain't got nothing to prove to an ignorant ass like you you believe what ever you want, I served as a Police officer, I know know for a fact an armed citizen beats the best response time a officer can obtain in every instance and I fully support the common citizen being armed in every way, as long as their of sound mind and somewhat trained in the use of deadly force. You have no argument as long as you reject any proof against your stance, it just shows without doubt that your a shill for disarmament.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ncwebnut For This Useful Post: