Israel's Urban Survival - Part II - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GHB: The Winter Package merlinfire Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 64 11-08-2017 04:04 PM
Exciting Vortex Delivery Just Arrived Including Gen II PST's gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 02-20-2017 02:18 PM
Appropriating Supplies ? Part II AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-15-2016 09:30 PM
Smith & Wesson Fire Striker With Survival Kit (SWFS1) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 10-21-2016 11:14 AM

Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,197 Times in 659 Posts
Default Israel's Urban Survival - Part II

Advertise Here

So hello everyone.
Some time ago I've put up a post about about my trials and trebulations of living in the ever changing (and not for the best!) urban landscape of Israel.

Ever since, some time have passed and I didn't really have enough time to continue updating about everything that's up around here. Buuuut... I figured I'd keep you all up to date since atleast some members here found it interesting.

So what's going on in Israel these days?

- Elections are coming up since Netanyahu pretty much disbanded the government. I will spare my political views from you but let me just say that I am NOT pleased.

- We've gone through several rounds of fighting against the Hammas and the general feeling in Israel is that we've lost face in each and every one of them due to political bickering and stupid bureaucracy. The opinion of the IDF is still a positive one but I personally feel that it's being held back for personal political fortune of several key figures in the government.

- Several days ago a terrorist had raped, tortured and killed a young woman who had gone camping by herself. The brutality of the murder is such that even the Hammas (with whom he is believed to be associated) refuses to take credit.

- Several IDF soldiers are being charged with mistreatment and assault of palestenian prisoners. The soldiers have done so after several of their friends were killed in two different terror attacks that week and the terrorists were not captured. The prisoners they have assaulted were suspected of hiding and helping the escape of one of the terrorists.

- The IDF still does not have a proper response for incendiary kites launched from Gaza that cause heavy fire and great financial damage in burnt crops and property.

What've been going on with me?
- My dog was seriously injured in the spine on one of my trips but is making a miraculous recovery.

- I've started a part time business as a survival instructor, I kid you not.

- Built my 1st knife, and made a TONS of friends in the knife making world of Israel. Yay me!

- Hiked the Golan trail, and the Sea-to-Sea trail of Israel. Was awesome, going to do so again soon, with friends this time.

I think that's all the news I have so far. If you have any question about what's going on here - please feel free to ask. As long as the discussion stays civil I'm sure we can all have quite a chat
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Prepared

Thanked 1,009 Times in 302 Posts

Hello BE, seeing your post here this morning made me smile! I'm one of those who always enjoyed your posts and have missed them. Hope you don't stay away so long again.

Sorry to hear of your dog's injury, I hope he/she makes a full recovery.

Sounds like you are staying busy. How is your wife?

Sad new about Israel in general. I keep her (and you) in my prayers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turtle'sPace For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2019, 11:57 AM
Bourbon Slayer

It's funny - with MSM here in the US so focused on destroying Trump and the GOP. I've not heard a bunch on the happenings of Israel. Thanks for providing a brief outside of the states update.

Sounds like Israel is going through much of the same strifes as we are in the states. Israelites tend to be more accepting of being prepper minded. Is that a true statement?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StayFrosty For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2019, 04:38 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle'sPace View Post
Hello BE, seeing your post here this morning made me smile! I'm one of those who always enjoyed your posts and have missed them. Hope you don't stay away so long again.

Sorry to hear of your dog's injury, I hope he/she makes a full recovery.

Sounds like you are staying busy. How is your wife?

Sad new about Israel in general. I keep her (and you) in my prayers.
Hello, and thank you very much for the kind words. I'll try to do my best and keep you guys updated.

My dog's getting better every day. He's not 100% yet but hey, he can finally climb up the stairs on his own. Carrying him up and down was a pain in the a... uhm... lower back. That bugger is heavy!

My wife's fine. Finally got her drivers license so now I'm living in fear every time she drives me somewhere. Good times, you know

About Israel - well you know, it's nothing new. Same old same old. Thanks for your supprort though!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2019, 04:40 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosty View Post
It's funny - with MSM here in the US so focused on destroying Trump and the GOP. I've not heard a bunch on the happenings of Israel. Thanks for providing a brief outside of the states update.

Sounds like Israel is going through much of the same strifes as we are in the states. Israelites tend to be more accepting of being prepper minded. Is that a true statement?
Actually, as weird as it sounds - the prepping community here is REALLY undeveloped and most people don't even have spare water and food in their houses for case of emergency.

I've started a small prepping "community" with several friends and we're kind of helping each other with it but the general state of the population is not good, and they're mostly relying on the state emergency services to help them.

Then every time there's a big power outage several people freeze to death in Jerusalem because they couldn't heat up their houses. It's like they never learn....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2019, 01:09 AM
Hiker

Very glad to see your posts again. I dont understand why all of you have to deal with so much crap there. Politically based decisions dont usually fair so well for the common people.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:57 AM
Trapper

So some big news from Israel - Netanyahu is officially being charged for bribery and corruption.

Also - an air balloon rigged with explosives was launched from Gaza and blew up near a private home. As a response Israeli air force attacked several Hammas outposts.

That's all for today folks. Stay tuned for more political drama
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadExample View Post
Actually, as weird as it sounds - the prepping community here is REALLY undeveloped and most people don't even have spare water and food in their houses for case of emergency.

I've started a small prepping "community" with several friends and we're kind of helping each other with it but the general state of the population is not good, and they're mostly relying on the state emergency services to help them.

Then every time there's a big power outage several people freeze to death in Jerusalem because they couldn't heat up their houses. It's like they never learn....
couldn't agree more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Panthera tigris For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 03:25 AM
Trapper

So kind of a sad night - tonight a group of soldiers had their vehicle break down after a tactical operation in a palestenian vilalge, and had 3 terrorist run them over with their cars as they were trying to fix the vehicle.

One officer was seriously injured, and a border patrol soldier was injured as well. Two of the terrorists were killed and 3rd was captured.

After this quite a lot of criticism was put on Netanyahu to order and lower the quality of life Israel provides to terrorists in Israeli prisons, who constantly threaten with riots whenever they do not get their demands. (Free higher education, TV rights, cell phone access, visitation rights etc.)
Old 03-04-2019, 04:16 AM
US Army Veteran

And they run ads on TV here (the US) to vacation in Israel….
The Following User Says Thank You to Zambodia For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:

I thought about it for a few days, and I think the problem for the lack of preparedness in the general population comes from two places - the government and the people themselves.

first of all, the government doesn't encourage people to stock up on supplies as much as it should (in my opinion). For a country that is in a constant formal emergency situation from the day it was formed - we should be much more aware to the topic of preparedness.

As far as the people themselves, the Israeli's have a mentality of "It will be OK", and even when that mentality comes back to bit the in the a**, they never learn. Go figure...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Panthera tigris For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2019, 05:21 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambodia View Post
And they run ads on TV here (the US) to vacation in Israel….
Well to be honest most of this kind of incidents happen far away from the Israeli tourist spots. In truth no large city today is safe from terrorism - Tel Aviv (in my opinion) is no more dangerous than a visit to London, Paris or any other place with tourists and global media focus.

You should totaly visit Israel because... because... uhm... we have the best hummus in the world! Yes. That.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:22 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera tigris View Post
I thought about it for a few days, and I think the problem for the lack of preparedness in the general population comes from two places - the government and the people themselves.

first of all, the government doesn't encourage people to stock up on supplies as much as it should (in my opinion). For a country that is in a constant formal emergency situation from the day it was formed - we should be much more aware to the topic of preparedness.

As far as the people themselves, the Israeli's have a mentality of "It will be OK", and even when that mentality comes back to bit the in the a**, they never learn. Go figure...
You, sir, have pretty much hit the nail on it's unprepared head.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2019, 05:25 AM
Trapper

So today and yesterday more explosives \ incindiary kites from Gaza and more bombings of Gaza by the Israeli air force in retaliation. Kind of getting repetetive over here... Where's the action? The drama? The funny japanese shows where they throw cucumbers at people?!

Just your usual Israel day to day lately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Well to be honest most of this kind of incidents happen far away from the Israeli tourist spots. In truth no large city today is safe from terrorism - Tel Aviv (in my opinion) is no more dangerous than a visit to London, Paris or any other place with tourists and global media focus.

You should totaly visit Israel because... because... uhm... we have the best hummus in the world! Yes. That.
Right now my sister in law is leading a tour group in Israel . Some sort of Christians For Israel group or some thing .

She’s been a few times .
The Following User Says Thank You to third pig For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 02:07 AM
Trapper

This night a rocket was fired from Gaza into Israel. Today Israeli airforce retaliated some more. I'm seeing a pattern here.

But to a bit of a more entertaining news - Israeli security forces have released today the wrong terrorist from prison. I kid you not. They let go of the wrong guy.

Soooo... yeah, a weird morning.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM
US Army Veteran

Quote:

lol.... hummus sounds tempting but I'll stay in The US.

I hope things improve for you. Stay strong!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zambodia For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2019, 03:52 AM
Trapper

So I've been on vacation but while I was gone a hell of a lot have happened in Israel.

Things got started when the people of Gaza began to demonstrate against the Hammas (which is rare as hell!) against the living conditions in Gaza. The Hammas, being the humanitarian organization that it is responded by shooting several protestors, and when that didn't seem to quiet the protests down the Hammas "accidently" launched two rockets to Tel Aviv.

This was actually a brilliant move by Hammas because it forced Israel to respond by bombing Gaza some more and that moved the rage of the mob of Palestenians away from the Hammas and back to Israel and the IDF.

Ever since there have been several terror attacks (with several Israeli dead), lot of violent riots in Gaza (with several Palestenians dead) and again we're all preparing for a large scale campaign between ourselves and them.

So yeah... that sucks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2019, 05:09 PM
Trapper

I don't know if these news reached your countries but today the Hammas launced a rocket 120 kms into Israels territory.

Israel called in the reserves, deployed the Iron Dome machines across the country and bombed away. I don't really know WHAT exactly were the targets - our spokesman says they were "strategical outposts of the terrorists organization" but there were few to no casualties and there is quite a lot of confusion and frustration on our "civilian" side for the handicaps that are being place on the IDF.

Diplomatic negotiations, led by the Egyptians, made both sides agree to a truth at 22:00 local time but about 45 minutes later the Hammas launched more rockets into Israel and all rides were reset at this carousel of darwinian stupidity.

Meanwhle there was also a terror attack, and several Hammas security prisoners ambushed and stabbed two prison guards, which was obviously followed by a prison riot and a properly violent response.

But hey, the good part of it all? I have a private bomb shelter at my new apartment, so this time - I don't have to share! HA!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2019, 08:09 AM

Great read. Thank you for keeping us in the loop!
The Following User Says Thank You to SHTFstash For This Useful Post: