Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pepper spray recommendations MHarn Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 50 08-14-2019 10:48 PM
Trijicon new long range scopes for PRS and Benchrest shooters AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 05-14-2018 09:30 PM
What happens if your caught with the wrong pepper spray in NYC or Jersey? slackercruster Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 33 02-17-2018 02:09 AM
Build Review: Custom 10/22 Long Range Tack Driver AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-09-2016 05:00 PM
Superior self defence - high pressure pepper spray Lunes Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 34 10-12-2016 04:21 PM

Old 02-17-2019, 08:51 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,068 Times in 726 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonfoddertfc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSierraCharlie View Post
We've been having a problem with dogs roaming around and trying to fight with our dogs when we walk them in the yard. They're not strays, just owned by people who don't care that they run around loose. We're constantly calling animal control and the police and it doesn't make a difference. We have the Sabre pepper spray but it only reaches out to the length of our dogs' leashes. Is there anything that's effective out to at least 30ft? Preferably something that's either cheap or reloadable so we can practice with it.
All reloadable:
Smith and Wesson
Ruger
Colt
Kimber
Taurus

If the damn dog is coming into your yard and attacking, just shoot the stupid thing and be done with it. When the neighbor comes to confront you, have the cops on the phone to respond to that.
The only reason that hasn't happened already is the neighboring houses. Hence me wanting the pepper spray.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2019, 07:33 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,356 Times in 698 Posts

This may be better then pepper spray.

Its a sonic weapon that will drive dogs nuts.
https://brmlab.cz/_media/project/sonic_devastator.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to augoldminer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 11:01 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by augoldminer View Post
This may be better then pepper spray.

Its a sonic weapon that will drive dogs nuts.
https://brmlab.cz/_media/project/sonic_devastator.pdf
That's very interesting, I'll look into that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,361 Times in 834 Posts

I have similar problems walking my Akita around the neighborhood daily. I've had 4 dogs circling us with biggest (sheperd) coming from behind. Trying to hold onto 125 pounds of Akita while shoving my cane into the biggest ones face at 180 degrees opposite is not fun.

So far my dogs keeping them back since she's a horse but dogs in packs are completely unpredictable. Not sure if the police would have issues with me carrying wasp spray since it's obvious I'm using it outside its intended use. And yeah, getting the city to actually do anything is problematic.

I so dearly want to carry my 1377 pellet gun.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,686 Times in 2,542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I have similar problems walking my Akita around the neighborhood daily. I've had 4 dogs circling us with biggest (sheperd) coming from behind. Trying to hold onto 125 pounds of Akita while shoving my cane into the biggest ones face at 180 degrees opposite is not fun.

So far my dogs keeping them back since she's a horse but dogs in packs are completely unpredictable. Not sure if the police would have issues with me carrying wasp spray since it's obvious I'm using it outside its intended use. And yeah, getting the city to actually do anything is problematic.

You live in Texas. Why don't you carry a real gun?
Old 02-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post

You live in Texas. Why don't you carry a real gun?
Probably the same issue I have: cops hate it when you discharge firearms in neighborhoods unless personal harm is likely. I don't want to sit in jail on a reckless endangerment charge because a bored small town cop decided the dog I shot wasn't dangerous (according to it's owner of course) and I didn't wait for me or my dogs to get bit.

That's why I want a less lethal weapon that's useful at distance.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaSierraCharlie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2019, 05:47 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,686 Times in 2,542 Posts

Quote:
Probably the same issue I have: cops hate it when you discharge firearms in neighborhoods unless personal harm is likely. I don't want to sit in jail on a reckless endangerment charge because a bored small town cop decided the dog I shot wasn't dangerous (according to it's owner of course) and I didn't wait for me or my dogs to get bit.

I was in that situation once and shot 2 pitbulls. The "investigation" took less than an hour. There were multiple complaints against the dogs and the owner. I get that not every situation is the same, but if a pack of 4 wild dogs is circling my dog and I I want a real weapon.
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2019, 05:51 PM

The sonic weapons don't work, at least not the ones I have seen. They do emit a sound that drives all the humans in the neighborhood crazy though
Old 02-26-2019, 07:06 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,066 Posts

Carry a spray bottle of Ammonia.
It won't be "long range" but it's effective.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:51 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,361 Times in 834 Posts

Well dog #5, a black lab showed up going full taliban, got bit on the nose when he got into my akitas AO, then pressed the attack again. Walloped him with the cane and he retreated. After turning my back he pressed the attack again!
I went caveman and charged him with my cane raised like a broadsword and cussing him out. Slunk off finally. The cussing did nothing but it made me feel better. 😀

That was yesterday, so I'll see how it goes today. BB gun might go along too.
The Following User Says Thank You to xstuntman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Quote:

I was in that situation once and shot 2 pitbulls. The "investigation" took less than an hour. There were multiple complaints against the dogs and the owner. I get that not every situation is the same, but if a pack of 4 wild dogs is circling my dog and I I want a real weapon.
In my case the most aggressive dogs belong to the son of a former mayor of my small town. I really don't like my odds if I use lethal force unless I'm already bleeding. He's still able to play the "daddy" card.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlphaSierraCharlie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2019, 09:57 PM
Target Shooter

Sabre red , pepper gel .

It’s a stream and the gel formula, not only sprays farther , but is least effected by the wind . Do a YouTube search , sabre red has one where they spray it at a running pedestal fan, like used on factory floors, and the wind has very little effect on the stream .

I’ve tested them myself and the range is the beet I’ve seen .
The Following User Says Thank You to third pig For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by third pig View Post
Sabre red , pepper gel .

It’s a stream and the gel formula, not only sprays farther , but is least effected by the wind . Do a YouTube search , sabre red has one where they spray it at a running pedestal fan, like used on factory floors, and the wind has very little effect on the stream .

I’ve tested them myself and the range is the beet I’ve seen .
Thanks, that sounds like a winner! I'll check it out.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,986 Times in 7,988 Posts

third pig, that is some serious gel.I'm not much for such things, but that one I may have to try.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:40 AM

https://www.mace.com/collections/lon...-gels-and-guns
https://www.guardian-self-defense.co...roduct-review/