Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Trip To The 2018 SHOT Show kev General Discussion 14 01-28-2018 09:40 PM
Doug from Camera Land is Off To SHOT Show gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 01-16-2018 09:20 AM
Doug from Camera Land is off to SHOT Show gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 01-14-2017 01:32 PM
AR15 Pistols Online Inventory @ WikiArms wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 12-05-2016 06:53 PM

Old 09-19-2019, 11:34 AM
Retired Army

Thanked 16,053 Times in 3,721 Posts

Advertise Here

Well, my little inexpensive PSA pistol didn't stay that way long... It now sports a C7 upper, and a Sig Romeo 5. I'm digging the old school vibe, (like the A1 I had in basic) and it carries so easily.

Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daddyusmaximus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,034 Times in 456 Posts

OK I am going to show my dummyness by asking a few questions. First I have never wanted an AR "pistol" but was curios about them. I watched a video in post #27 and the guy from PSA is firing the gun from the shoulder just like a regular rifle. How is this considered a Pistol?

The pictures posted made it appear these can all be fired from the shoulder. They look more like a SBR than a pistol. Can my DPMS Carbine be converted to a Pistol like you all have? Or do you have to buy them in the pistol version from the factory?

Sorry for what is probably a bunch of dumb questions but its the only way I know to find out.
Old 09-20-2019, 08:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,184 Times in 4,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchet jack View Post
OK I am going to show my dummyness by asking a few questions. First I have never wanted an AR "pistol" but was curios about them. I watched a video in post #27 and the guy from PSA is firing the gun from the shoulder just like a regular rifle. How is this considered a Pistol?

The pictures posted made it appear these can all be fired from the shoulder. They look more like a SBR than a pistol. Can my DPMS Carbine be converted to a Pistol like you all have? Or do you have to buy them in the pistol version from the factory?

Sorry for what is probably a bunch of dumb questions but its the only way I know to find out.
You cannot put a short barrel on a rifle lower unless it was first a pistol or a virgin receiver.
Doing so (putting a short barrel on a rifle lower) constitutes a short barrel rifle.

So no, you cannot put a pistol upper on the lower you mention without going NFA.

Firing from the shoulder using a brace:
This has been a sticky wicket, as of now, the ATF considers occasional firing from the shoulder as not redesigning the pistol brace so it’s still a pistol.

This could easily change depending on the political whim of certain politicians.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Israel Putnam For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,896 Times in 4,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
Firing from the shoulder using a brace:
This has been a sticky wicket, as of now, the ATF considers occasional firing from the shoulder as not redesigning the pistol brace so itís still a pistol.

This could easily change depending on the political whim of certain politicians.
Shouldering a brace has gone back and forth. I do recall when it was taboo and opined "not allowed" by the ATF, I took a few classes where LE right alongside some civilians shouldering braces. Nothing was said. Not something I would risk in public (then or in the future if opinions change again), but for now, you can use the brace to "stabilize" your pistol in a variety of ways

Army braces won't go away; they have a purpose for some handicapped shooters. We may see another "opinion" on how they can't be used, but their massive proliferation has really let the cat out of the bag. It would be hard to enforce (if ruled against again) unless you were naked, shouldering a brace and dancing on the top of a car of ATF agents.

ROCK6
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ROCK6 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Stop YOLOing

Thanked 7,387 Times in 2,067 Posts

You can also just put the buffer tube on your cheek, almost like a normal cheek weld but without touching your shoulder. Not quite as stable, but not bad as a backup to shouldering.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:30 AM
Hard Wired

just a few of mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6603.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	292830  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mreddie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2019, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,872 Times in 2,160 Posts

Not an AR pistol
I have a "few"
But here it is
Got a couple

IWI GALIL ACE GAP39SB PISTOL W/ BRACE-7.62X39

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2019, 04:45 AM
Prepared

I ordered parts last April when PSA had pistol kit on sale, finally put it together tonight ended up putting Red dot on, took almost 6 months to get to that little project,I been laid up since last Tuesday,back messed up,and yesterday and today I'm going stir crazy,all I've been able to do is feed critters, was moving little better tonight so put the PSA kit together,have couple other similar little projects I may work on tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to old-grunt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2019, 10:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 21,871 Times in 6,952 Posts

Built a 4” 9 mm and a 10.5 inch 300 BO in the last few weeks. The 9 mm has since gotten a 3 slot riser to replace the big unit in the pic, plus a hand stop. It has the adjustable brace on it, and Tennessee Arms polymer lower. It fits TIGHT with the upper, ran right at $350, before ETS/Glock mags and red dot. It had two FTF on the first 3 rounds, and hasn’t had a single malfunction since.

The 300 has a BCA 1:7 stainless barrel, Anderson lower, Sig Romeo 5 dot. Shoots Hornady Black 110s into nice groups, and 230s hit the target...but holdover is a real thing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post: