Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stuff lost in the woods Bavarian Raven Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 74 08-29-2016 07:57 AM
Weird Stuff Going on in my Region... Unbelievable Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 25 12-01-2014 03:21 PM
Weird stuff found in urban settings. omelet General Discussion 7 10-13-2014 07:30 PM
More Weird Pyramid Stuff. Amazing IF True... BobMacnamara Controversial News and Alternative Politics 16 07-07-2012 12:25 PM
Weird stuff at night. Dragunov Controversial News and Alternative Politics 9 04-23-2012 07:53 PM
Saw some weird stuff today... part 2 countryboy123 General Discussion 2 12-29-2010 05:07 PM
Saw some weird stuff today... countryboy123 General Discussion 6 12-27-2010 04:08 AM
found a weird 22 magnum rifle Jester73 Firearms General Discussion 5 08-25-2009 10:59 AM

Old 08-23-2018, 05:10 AM
SoJer

Thanked 2,722 Times in 902 Posts

Advertise Here

..Epic thread..

..Lots and lots of time in my life spent in many, many different woods / National forests, and flung from Canada to El Salvador, Mt Rainier, to Belgrade (ME), and all up-down the Amazing ones here in Cali, and like others, have seen the usual complement of 'historical' items, (vintage car-carcasses, 1950s Coke bottles, old Polaroid cameras, jewelry / watches, etc, etc..) but..

..Only item I can say I've found that was - truly - 'out of place' / wierd, was.. a Marble.. Had this strange dual 'greenish-pink' hue to it, something I'd never seen, even in 'dichroic glass'...

...Turns out it was Uranium-doped glass... How and Why such an item would be out in the middle of absolutely Nowhere (..in NC..), and nowhere Near any trails / camps, etc, like 10 miles up / off a River, in deep, deep woods.. as the saying goes, 'God only knows'....

..and the 'Coolest' thing I can say I've ever found.. Was a *massive* chunk of Mica, (found exploring in CO..) about 48 lbs! Looked like a gigantic chunk of Silver, it was So amazing.. Sons and I 'donated it' to a local Science Museum (..in my Boys names.. and even the curators said they'd never seen anything like it, it was really Somethin else..

...Really Great thread..

jd
Quick reply to this message
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SoJ_51 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2018, 05:38 AM

Giant wicker nest with a giant wicker heart in it next to a giant wicker doll. Like 35 feet tall. PM me if you know where and what I am talking about.
Old 03-24-2019, 02:14 AM

My dad found an old broad axe (for squaring up timber) hanging in a pine tree, and my cousin found a S&W revolver from the 30s in the mouth of a mine that’s been rumored to have been an outlaw hideout back in the day.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockyMtnRenegade For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,345 Posts

For the person that thought he found an ICBM in the woods, here are the specs for the Midgetman which is the smallest ICBM:

Specifications
Length : 14 m (46 ft)
Diameter : 1.17 m (3 ft 10 in)
Weight : 13,600 kg (30,000 lb)
Range : 11,000 km (6,800 mi)
Propulsion : Three-stage solid-fuel rocket
Warhead : W87-1 thermonuclear weapon (475 kt (1,990 TJ)) in Mark 21 Re-entry Vehicle
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2019, 01:44 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 32,198 Times in 7,780 Posts

Found $60 in cash on the side of the road along the woodline in my subdivision. Lightly traveled road but enough foot and car traffic to be quickly discovered. Couldn't have been there long or someone would have found it. Laying right on the pavement at the edge of the road.

Couldn't believe my luck! Looked around for 5 minutes to see if there might be more...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leadcounsel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2019, 10:18 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 4,474 Times in 1,165 Posts

ABOUT 20 years ago I was on a moose hunt in Northern Ontario.
Typical type hunt. Only about 50 miles from "civilization, but in that bush it is like being on the other side of the world.

Fly in, self guided. The outfitter had been using the camp for a few years.

I used my topo maps to find a low area off the lake we were using for a base camp. I canoed the length of the lake then cut a trail into a low area where it showed moose had been wallowing.

Nothing showed that day, the weather was actually too nice.
Next morning was rainy and I tried again. Around noon I went partially around the mountain following the terrain to what might be another spot. So, I am about 300yds or so off the lake and there with a small pine tree sticking out of it are the remains of a mens old Schwinn bicycle. It looked pretty beat up and had been there for a while. I note it on the map and continue my hunt.

Day 4 the hunt is over with and the outfitter flies in to pick us up. I mention what a weird place to find a bicycle, his head comes around and asks "What bicycle?" So I explain where I found it and he tells me in 3 years of people hunting out of that camp no one has ever mentioned seeing a bike. He had no explanation for it.

We landed and were unloading gear and he perked up and said he had an idea. Where I found the bike was on the flight path to 2 different First Nation settlements and the bike could have been tied to a plane that lost it years ago, otherwise he had no clue.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post: