22 ammo finds - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man finds his roots sandcrab Religious Discussion 1 03-09-2015 06:59 PM
Thrift Store Garage Sale Finds: Post Your Finds 2 RAVENS General Discussion 21 01-14-2014 04:28 PM
Boxing day finds!! extremejoy9 Ladies Section 3 01-06-2013 01:49 PM
Man finds GPS on his car grandma General Discussion 20 02-24-2012 09:30 AM
Facebook Finds momto14 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 2 02-21-2012 09:32 PM
GAO Finds Serious Conflicts at the Fed blackkitty Financial Forum 1 10-20-2011 03:47 AM
Bargain finds Jeffrey General Discussion 8 02-05-2011 08:49 PM
Why can't i be the guy who finds the$100 gun? VINCENT General Discussion 29 05-21-2010 11:20 AM
Old EMT finds New site farpoint New Member Introduction 7 08-05-2009 02:43 AM

Old 02-07-2014, 11:00 PM
Learning

Thanked 6,564 Times in 3,085 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge912 View Post
Okay, for some reason I thought you were looking for help. If you have a clear way to check the inventory in advance, why not explain it clearly?
He doesn't have to explain it...it is there for everyone to have. He's given a link which I clicked and I suddenly have over $1k of .22LR ammo added to my cart. To think all I had earlier was a coupel 50 rd boxes!

This is funny, and people complain they can't find ammo! Cabelas has always come through and they continue to come through. You just have to sit around in front of the computer long enough and find someone who posts the secret of the Cabelas backdoor trick!
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 PM
Learning

I have reduced my cart down to a more manageable figure, about $600 worth of .22LR ammo and some 7.62x39 and .45acp just in case I get shut out on the .22LR.

What is great about Cabelas is that they will always eventually send the ammo. It might take a few months, but it will come.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Learning

Well, it won't let me checkout with the ammo. They will stay in your cart though and whenver you check out with something else if that ammo is available it will get added to your order.

It is a start at least...I guess I wasn't as lucky as I first thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2014, 11:19 PM
I love this forum

I think with all the regular threads we should do a ammo threat with local links
Ex mid America arms in saint Louis mo has been greeting reg shipments of win ammo bricks 333 rd for 23.00 one brick limit
I have picked up several bricks a week with them the last few weeks
Old 02-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Healthy lack of concern

I was at Dean's Gun Shop today and thay had 525 round Federal for $39.00 and 333 round Winchester for $29.00. They had several other types of .22lr bulk boxes also.

http://www.deansgunshop.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianinNC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2014, 11:51 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
Well, it won't let me checkout with the ammo. They will stay in your cart though and whenver you check out with something else if that ammo is available it will get added to your order.

Why do you think buying 600.00 worth of .22lr would make you "lucky"? Expecting a plinking war to break out? Killer squirrels?

People need to relax and just buy what they intend to shoot for a while and the .22 ammo market would make a correction.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:25 AM

Quote:

Ya it will do that. It lists a bunch of different 22 then you click checkout and whatever is available is what u get to order. What is on the first page of the link is to be ignored. When you click checkout is where you score.

This one For example:
http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retr...9b26214ca18fe6

Will show Winchester 100 pack hv AFTER you click checkout as available as of me posting this. This might already be listed on gunbot as of now but if you refresh those links throughout the day you'll see ammo pop up as available hours BEFORE gunbot or even their own site even lists it. It has something to do with inventory being updated before their main site is.

Sometimes you'll have nothing but keep checking.

If you have 22 already then great but ALOT of people may not or what they do have they do not want to shoot for conservation and prepping purposes. Plus who ever says they really have "enough ammo"

Oh and most importantly do not under ANY circumstances call cabelas about the order you placed unless you absolutely want it cancelled. Remember CS goes by what their site says. And if according to the site it's sold out when it really isn't they WILL cancel it. I've along with many other found this out the hard way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kcjr1125 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 02:34 AM

Here use this Cabela's Updated Auto-add Links. I will update them when new items become available.

http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retr...84b10fad27d289 - Adds 21 items

http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retr...8186799a96018a - Adds 10 items

http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retr...9b26214ca18fe6 - Adds 4 items

Make sure you remove/ delete cookies otherwise you'll be missing out. If you find that one of the links hit with some ammo that someone else hasn't caught yet just copy and paste the link with what is available to help your fellow preppers out in getting some 22.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:38 AM

http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retr...3341db9eabd7bf

CCI mini mags and Winchester hv100.
As of now in stock.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Worked for me, I was able to pick up one item, better than nothing.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator6 View Post
Why do you think buying 600.00 worth of .22lr would make you "lucky"? Expecting a plinking war to break out? Killer squirrels?

People need to relax and just buy what they intend to shoot for a while and the .22 ammo market would make a correction.
Why wouldn't it be lucky?

Before you start passing judgments on what I should or shouldn't be doing you'd have to personally know me. For your information I haven't purchased any .22LR since last year and I've shot a lot of it training with various .22 pistols I own; plus I am getting one of those Sig 1911 .22's. Plus I have children that will be shooting, plus I usually buy for my dad who shoots. Plus last Feb when I did order a case of CCI tactical from Striechers it didn't come until August! When it did arrive I ended up giving away, literally for free several of the boxes to guys who were down to their last brick.

So you don't know anything about me.

I have not been including myself in this .22 ammo frenzy, but if I thought I could get $600 worth of ammo at not-so-crazy prices from a reputable supplier like Cabelas wouldn't that be lucky?
The Following User Says Thank You to Preacherboy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,625 Times in 1,382 Posts

It is awfully good to see folks helping others with info on where to find stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Musibike For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 03:27 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Why wouldn't it be lucky?

Before you start passing judgments on what I should or shouldn't be doing you'd have to personally know me. For your information I haven't purchased any .22LR since last year and I've shot a lot of it training with various .22 pistols I own; plus I am getting one of those Sig 1911 .22's. Plus I have children that will be shooting, plus I usually buy for my dad who shoots. Plus last Feb when I did order a case of CCI tactical from Striechers it didn't come until August! When it did arrive I ended up giving away, literally for free several of the boxes to guys who were down to their last brick.

So you don't know anything about me.

I have not been including myself in this .22 ammo frenzy, but if I thought I could get $600 worth of ammo at not-so-crazy prices from a reputable supplier like Cabelas wouldn't that be lucky?
I never said I knew you......but that doesn't matter in reference to what I posted that seems to have twisted your panties. I just asked why you would consider being able to buy 600.00 worth of .22 ammo would make you lucky.

Normal prices for about 500 rounds is close to 25.00. So your going to buy 12,000 rounds at once for the normal price of 600.00 and you think that's lucky and necessary because you have kids,gave your ammo away and go shopping for your father.

Your contributing to the problem buying more that you need at one time. You and everyone else shouldn't buy in mass quantity until supply has a chance to catch up. Your inviting manufacturers and retailers to charge more for their product by hoarding. Simple as that.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:39 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
He doesn't have to explain it...it is there for everyone to have. He's given a link which I clicked and I suddenly have over $1k of .22LR ammo added to my cart. To think all I had earlier was a coupel 50 rd boxes!

This is funny, and people complain they can't find ammo! Cabelas has always come through and they continue to come through. You just have to sit around in front of the computer long enough and find someone who posts the secret of the Cabelas backdoor trick!
This is why some people are having trouble finding ammo to shoot......a guy like you sitting in front of his computer circumventing the cabelas website limits on .22 ammo.......put in place to allow more of their customers a chance to have fun with their .22's. Again people like you are the problem.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,254 Times in 1,819 Posts

Twice in the last month I have placed orders with Cabelas for 22. The site says it's in stock and I get a conformation email after placing the order. About a week later I get an email stating the order has been CANCELLED!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musibike View Post
It is awfully good to see folks helping others with info on where to find stuff.
Thank you. The whole reason I made this thread was to help others find ammo that do not have it. If you already have it then great, don't need it or not interested in it fantastic. But a lot of people want to train, teach and participate in this wonderful sport but cannot due to availability.
Quote:
This is why some people are having trouble finding ammo to shoot......a guy like you sitting in front of his computer circumventing the cabelas website limits on .22 ammo.......put in place to allow more of their customers a chance to have fun with their .22's. Again people like you are the problem.
If you read his other post you'll see it didn't work for him. You cannot circumvent the 1 order per item per day. All this does is it give you the chance to get that one order before the other people who use gunbot and the like do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
Twice in the last month I have placed orders with Cabelas for 22. The site says it's in stock and I get a conformation email after placing the order. About a week later I get an email stating the order has been CANCELLED!
Use my links to get the ammo. I just started to use this method on the 31st of January and have had golden bullet 525 bricks x4, CCI blazer brick 500x1, bucket of golden bullets 1400x1, federal champion 525 brick all delivered or on the way. I feel comfortable to have this last me for the next 12 months so I'm probably done. That is why I am sharing these, to help someone else who may be getting a little low on their stash.

I also find it kinda funny that some of you are talking about hoarding as a bad thing on THIS forum.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Learning

Quote:
Dude...I don't have a problem nor am I contributing to a problem. Did you not read my post? I said the reason why you should pass judgment on me is that you don't know me...and I'm not contributing to the problem because I haven't purchased any .22LR in about 1 year. So how exactly am I contributing to the problem by buying 12,000 rds? That will probably stock me and my family up for another whole year.

Go bash someone else, as far as I know this is a free country and if I can get some .22 from Cabelas (the same as you) I should be able to get it. Unless you are a communist or a liberal progressive who wants to place heavy restrictions on things.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Learning

The people causing the problems are the people paying huge prices on the auction sites...they are driving the cost up. Me ordering a few thousand rounds from Cabelas is not contributing.

Also, my point about staying in front of the computer was that if you really needed .22 you could sit in front of the comp and eventually get some.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 PM
I love this forum

Question

Quote:
Dude...I don't have a problem nor am I contributing to a problem. Did you not read my post? I said the reason why you should pass judgment on me is that you don't know me...and I'm not contributing to the problem because I haven't purchased any .22LR in about 1 year. So how exactly am I contributing to the problem by buying 12,000 rds? That will probably stock me and my family up for another whole year.

Go bash someone else, as far as I know this is a free country and if I can get some .22 from Cabelas (the same as you) I should be able to get it. Unless you are a communist or a liberal progressive who wants to place heavy restrictions on things.
I'm not restricting anything.......Cabelas and other retailers that want to keep people like you from hoarding .22 ammo are the ones restricting ammo. Get it now?

I own a business and I buy inventory. I walk into my supplier and order 5 cases of product to last me for 6 months......my supplier tells me that those 5 cases buys him out and it will be 2 weeks until he can get more. What do I do???? I tell him change the order to 4 cases and keep a case to sell a guy who wants one or two out of the case of a hundred. This allows the little man to have product instead if me hoarding it all and it sitting on my shelf and allows the supplier to have inventory to complete another guys order. In a few weeks they can send me my extra case when it comes back on stock.

See how that works?
Old 02-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Learning

You don't get it, I don't have much .22LR at my house because I shoot it and give it away (generosity) to people who have less than I do.

If I get a chance to purchase some .22 at a good price I will do it and my 10,000+ rounds wouldn't put a dent into Cabelas supply train...except I didn't get any of it. The link only puts things in your cart and has the ability to check out if it is truly in stock. Sadly none of it was, but if it was I would have had just a good of chance to get the ammo as you would.

Most of the time when I place orders with Cabelas they did go to backorder...I also posted about my backorders in the post.

I see you don't want to restrict ammo, but you want to knock me for trying to get some and complain that I'm part of the problem. I'm definately not the problem since I HAVEN'T PURCHASED ANY .22LR IN OVER A YEAR! Furthermore your personal business practices of leaving some goods at the supplied when you had potential buyers for it so the "other guy" i.e. your competition can have some is your business (and therefre doesn't apply to me).

As stated, go bash someone else in another thread...maybe someone else has more freeze dried green beans than you and they just ordered another case...knock them for stocking up (or hoarding as you assert).