How to meet like minded people/preppers in your area? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Like minded people! JH57 New Member Introduction 15 01-20-2014 07:52 AM
Greetings - Looking to meet like minded people GreenSurvivalist New Member Introduction 19 03-11-2013 11:28 PM
How would you recommend a way to meet local like minded people? Fight4Freedom Urban Survival 21 01-16-2013 01:05 AM
Looking to meet preppers in St.Charles,MO area zach70287 Urban Survival 30 11-24-2012 03:07 AM
Connecticut like minded preppers Backwoods860 Events, Connections and Get togethers 16 07-25-2012 02:19 PM
greetings to like minded people dennis5165 New Member Introduction 11 02-08-2012 08:48 AM
Finding like minded people in your area Jmfg06 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 37 09-28-2011 11:20 AM
Want to meet like minded in your area? HanzoSteel Events, Connections and Get togethers 4 08-24-2010 09:37 AM
Nice to meet some like minded folks skyy New Member Introduction 11 02-18-2008 12:00 AM

Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,576 Times in 7,660 Posts

Advertise Here

What about the state groups on this forum? (and follow the other advice you received above)
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Target Shooter

home in oz,

Ya beat me to it...that what I was going to suggest as well to the OP...check out the "Groups" section...

Just remember...OPSEC...OPSEC...OPSEC...go slow with any ""Contacts" you might meet...after a while you'll know who you can trust...and who NOT to trust...trust your GUT feelings...very seldom will they be wrong...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 AM

Being a prepper is like being a gay guy. You want the other gays to know you're gay but you don't want the stratighht guys to know your gay
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imgonnamakeit For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 AM
operatorchan.org

Thanked 2,027 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgonnamakeit View Post
Being a prepper is like being a gay guy. You want the other gays to know you're gay but you don't want the stratighht guys to know your gay
Hey man what ever you do behind closed doors is your business.
The Following User Says Thank You to strokes762 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes762 View Post
Hey man what ever you do behind closed doors is your business.
I think you missed the point. Just making a comparison.
The Following User Says Thank You to imgonnamakeit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Prepared

Or just bring up the tv show ask "Did you see the tv show about the prepers " and see how they react. In the two years I've been at it I have only met 1. My eye Dr. He mentioned he was looking at some land so I asked Are you a preper or just looking to retire. He said I'm a preper and dam proud of it. I thought Yahoo I finally found someone. we now exchange web sites and other prep Ideas,, Its a start ...Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to roach2654 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Thanked 6,901 Times in 1,946 Posts

where are these state groups?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:47 PM
operatorchan.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis tobogen View Post
where are these state groups?
Just search in the groups section here:
https://www.survivalistboards.com/gro...=asc&sort=name
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strokes762 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
duct tape engineer

I have to recommend not meeting up with others as well. Just find people to hang out with who you have common interests with. Take Karate, go to the firing range, whatever you like - but this isn't something I'd share with others.

The thing is, when you're storing items with the idea that there's a chance that people might try to come in and take what you have - letting other people know what you have isn't safe. Thats just how I feel about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChickPea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 AM

Prepping is relatively easy compared to getting others on board. I can provide for my immediate family, but my children have spouses and they have family and that clan has family - it's like Amway is suppose to spread. I've tried to talk to them, but most have their heads in the sand and think nothing will ever happen.

I know most will tell you that you need to forget about them in a real emergency; but realistically, can you turn away family, with children? For me and I think most, it would be extremely difficult.

I would have to accept them and give them specific jobs, i.e., hunting, fishing, working the garden, something to justify their joining. And, there is some benefit since there's safety and comfort in numbers.

And if and when things get back to normal and you had refused everyone, you'd be as welcome at the family reunions as a turd in a punchbowl.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Token Hippy Academic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV1234 View Post
Worst Case Scenario: Prep enough FOOD ONLY for family members who don't prep. But do not give them any soap, salt, luxuries, etc... Just food and a weapon to use and I would make them trade anything they have and work for their food too.
Man, soap is not a luxury. It's also a way cheaper prep than food. I can get a 12 pk of soap on sale for $2. Soap stops the diseases that will follow after the grid goes down.

And if you're all going to be bunkering together, eating beans from your stash, the LEAST you can do is make sure that you don't have to deal with someone else's armpit stank!

I'm a newbie prepper and I don't have near enough of anything, but my god, soap is cheap. Even I have extra soap.

I just checked the first site online when I googled for hotel soaps. 1,000 count box of #1/2 bars of soap is less than $50.

If you're going to bother prepping for family, that seems like a pretty cheap and reasonable prep! You don't have to rotate the stock, it will never go bad, it'll be a barter item, and... and...

(getting off the literal soap box)
The Following User Says Thank You to Token For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,504 Times in 873 Posts

Google is your friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to BurntEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Mad Trapper II

Thanked 1,181 Times in 511 Posts

This is not something you do in Canada.

Almost all of us are lone wolves up here. Most Canadians have an innate trust of government. Saying anything to the contrary will get you labelled and may initiate a visit from the RCMP.

I prepare alone. For multiple people. It is a cross that I carry.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Pale of ale

I keep running into some mystery person whom seems to be getting my buckets from the bakery before I arrive. Most days they dont have any, but about 1 in 3 visits, someone was there before me. This is how I will eventually run into this person when they are in line ahead of me and I hear them ask for their icing buckets.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Learning

Thanked 6,564 Times in 3,085 Posts

I had 2 cans of long term storage garden seeds sitting on the shelf in my office, the preppers immediately noticed the seeds and began conversations. The rest didn't have a clue and must not have even noticed because no one ever asked.

Have something like that sitting out in the open and those "in the know" will pick up on it and you can proceed with a conversation.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
thepostmandelivers

Although OPSEC is important,no man is an island. I've some that are part of my group at my church and a few from here, I've met several others from here that are close to my BOL and are great folks but have their own thing going. I will try to stay close to them as they are close and good people.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:13 PM
operatorchan.org

Lately I've realized that I definitely cant survive with just the people in my house, so I started taking my friends who don't own firearms to the range and teaching them firearm safety and basic marksmanship. I also began planning a few camping trips with them to get them adjusted to different living conditions. I'm not telling them to begin to store food, ammo and water but I do intend to buy them survival books as christmas and/or birthday presents. I'd rather see them with the right mindset and no preps than a years worth of food and the wrong mindset.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:18 PM

Looking forward to talking to people that think the way I do
Old 08-05-2019, 05:37 PM
Hiker

You actually have a lot going for you .Your young . smart .not married , no kids and are among a very small group who really believe TEOTWAWKI could actually happen . You must be prepared for the first 30 days of the collapse .Under a rock or where ever you can do it .After that , if you survive, you will be part of a very very small group that have survived . Hopefully you will bring some useful skills with you and you will be able to join up with the folks who were serious about surviving .IMHO most will not survive the initial die off . Bottom line is to have skills and survive to use them .
Old 08-14-2019, 09:00 PM
Honyock

I am surprised no one has mentioned the largest preparation group in America, the Mormon church. The church actively encourages their members to have a minimum of one year of food in hand at all times. You can find Mormon web sites where you can get information and supplies. If you know any Mormons start asking a few questions or go to a Mormon church.

There is still opsec to consider so go slowly but I think there is potential there.

I am not a Mormon.