Being followed (vehicle) - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best bug out vehicle or survival vehicle is ....the CJ or Wrangler series vehicles Sped Man Vehicles & Transportation 211 06-19-2019 10:57 PM
In your vehicle El Roberto Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 31 09-22-2016 10:06 PM
Bug out vehicle? Here's your bug out vehicle! Pictures and link. Pangea Vehicles & Transportation 13 01-17-2016 01:15 PM
My EMP bug out vehicle faceman Vehicles & Transportation 41 08-22-2015 11:52 PM
GHB in a hot vehicle Glenda Sue Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 12 10-01-2014 02:08 AM
Bug Out Vehicle theunknownvariable Vehicles & Transportation 7 09-26-2014 07:56 AM
What vehicle do we want? twyggy Vehicles & Transportation 28 08-27-2014 01:40 PM
Is vehicle RANGE important to you in your BUG OUT vehicle? bozar Vehicles & Transportation 64 10-28-2013 11:02 PM
First Aid Kit in Hot Vehicle?? umc Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 05-16-2011 03:05 PM
1st vehicle, what do I need? roof_top_eagle Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 16 04-14-2010 06:13 PM

Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Old Soldier

Thanked 10,169 Times in 3,397 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post
Step 6: Ensure the .45 in your console is ready to do business.
Long before it got to the point it did, my 357 would have been out of the console and on the seat next to me.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Google Duckweed!!!

Thanked 1,700 Times in 663 Posts
Default Wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail View Post
I would of just pulled over. Guy was gettin a rise outta scaring you.
And what do you do when he pulls up behind you?

Unless you are armed. Why bring fists to a gun fight. I think it's best to assume this tailgater had an attitude and a purpose besides just tailgating. Some people like to fight because they're miserable sods.

As the OP said, the guy coulda passed him yet chose to ride his ass.

Was throwing the banana peel at the guy wrong. Yes. Technically illegal too. The guy chose not to get the point of your message and instead went on continuing to threaten you. A vehicle is a very large dangerous weapon.

If you're lucky. You can use your cell to call the police and lead him by a cop who can pull him over for tailgating.

Sierra Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to Sierra Dave For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Prepared

keep a camera with you. take pictures."TAKE PICTURES". if you have a cell phone you already have a camera well most of them anyway. a lot easier and accurate to "SHOW" the picture to police than to describe or give description. plus it can be evidence if necessary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to equinelover For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 14,327 Times in 5,279 Posts

We had a guy at work kill someone who followed him home.

I dont know the details, but something happened in traffic on the way home from work, he was followed home, guy ended up shot dead on his property, no charges filed.

Discretion is the better part of valor, if you knew this guy, you could imagine him getting into this situation.

He was not charged, but I bet he wasnt "innocent".

My guess is, it was 2 hard headed macho dumbazz's, one ended up dead.

What a freakin hero he is, right?

P.S. I always CC, but hope this is not my last option.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robot For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
Long before it got to the point it did, my 357 would have been out of the console and on the seat next to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post
Step 6: Ensure the .45 in your console is ready to do business.
If I was 21. I would be following both of these steps closely.
The Following User Says Thank You to seahawk1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 12:23 PM
This space for rent

Thanked 2,698 Times in 862 Posts

I handle tailgaters in 3 ways.
1) I wash my windshield. If they're close enough to get the spray then they're too close
2) I slow down if there is a 2nd lane and they pass. or get into the right lane and let them pass on the left
3) I pull over onto the shoulder or make a temporary turn off onto a side road if there isn't any room for the road rager to to pass.
Its really stupid to throw things or escalate the issue because you never know who or what you're dealing with, someone could easily end up dead and that someone might be you. Shooting someone over a traffic incident is pretty weak.
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Andy1966 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Andy1966 View Post
I handle tailgaters in 3 ways.
1) I wash my windshield. If they're close enough to get the spray then they're too close
2) I slow down if there is a 2nd lane and they pass. or get into the right lane and let them pass on the left
3) I pull over onto the shoulder or make a temporary turn off onto a side road if there isn't any room for the road rager to to pass.
Its really stupid to throw things or escalate the issue because you never know who or what you're dealing with, someone could easily end up dead and that someone might be you. Shooting someone over a traffic incident is pretty weak.
I agree that shooting someone over a traffic incident is weak, but nobody here is suggesting that. Having your gun on your lap, or in the passenger seat isn't preparing to shot someone over a traffic incident. It's preparing to stop someone from harming you if it turns into more than a traffic incident.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seahawk1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Had that happen to me once.
I was behind the guy and wasnt paying attention. I almost rear ended him at a stoplight but didnt. He gets out of his van and starts coming toward my car. Light turns green so he goes back to his van. He was infront of me but driving slowly. When I would put on my blinker he would too. Not wanting him to follow me home, I pulled infront of someone elses house. As soon as he pulled over I passed him and floored it. Called the cops and they said to drive to the station. I was in a left turn lane and the station was to the right so I turned right. I guess he didnt want to do that, so he turned left.

So yeah, drive yourself to the nearest police station and pull in if you can.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RiveraRa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 02:10 PM
This space for rent

Thanked 2,698 Times in 862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawk1 View Post
I agree that shooting someone over a traffic incident is weak, but nobody here is suggesting that. Having your gun on your lap, or in the passenger seat isn't preparing to shot someone over a traffic incident. It's preparing to stop someone from harming you if it turns into more than a traffic incident.
We just had a state congressman sent to jail for doing just that. He got into a finger flicking match with a psycho who saw him draw his weapon. The psycho then called the cops and had him arrested at a gas station. The psycho told the officers that the politician was the aggressor and that the politician had a weapon and had pointed it at him.
Relax, defuse, pull over, get over it. the world is chock full of lunatic idiots who drive cars.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Big Andy1966 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
We just had a state congressman sent to jail for doing just that. He got into a finger flicking match with a psycho who saw him draw his weapon. The psycho then called the cops and had him arrested at a gas station. The psycho told the officers that the politician was the aggressor and that the politician had a weapon and had pointed it at him.
Relax, defuse, pull over, get over it. the world is chock full of lunatic idiots who drive cars.
The politician is an idiot for letting the guy see his gun. If you are CC than your gun shouldn't be visible until you are ready to use it. Not to mention that is a completely different scenario than slipping the gun onto your lap while the guy is still following you, just in case he turns up the heat. Putting your gun on your lap ≠ threatening the follower with a gun. If they see your gun, you're doing it wrong.

I get what you are saying, road rage generally can be avoided by pulling over and cooling off, but what if you pull over, and the other guy does too? You just gunna stay calm if he is parked behind you, then follows you when you leave again? Sometimes staying calm and "getting over it" doesn't work.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Old Soldier

Thanked 10,169 Times in 3,397 Posts

Quote:
Right. That's why you get your weapon ready, but don't go waving it around or especially, pointing it.
If the other guy so much as see's the gun and calls it in, he's the victim, you're the aggressor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,043 Times in 402 Posts

Then of course there is always this little opinion changer.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...uring-911-Call
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,505 Times in 610 Posts

You threw something at him. Around here it is a crime to throw anything from a moving vehicle. You escalated the situation. People tailgate. Some people cant judge distances very well. If it was bothering you so much you should have pulled into another lane and let him pass when it started.

You may want to seek help to keep you from getting road rage again.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 26,548 Times in 10,480 Posts

you could have driven in a circle for 45 minuts that gets boring after a while

me personaly Ida let him follow me onto the back 40 down a dirt road and all the while calling my friends and let em know to be in the wood line of the field

but if hes following that close when you get ina space where no one is on the highway id move over one lane real fast and slam on brakes to get behind him and jot down his licence plate then whatever happens I can have it looked up and go for a visit

there was a guy riding my ass and passed me and tossed a bottle at my windshield we followed him keeping a good distance and when they got out and went into a store we disabled there viechal in a rather $$$ way
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Had a van full of teenagers come into my lane and just about sideswipe my truck, caused me to lay on the horn to prevent a collision. They thought it was funny and drove next to me laughing and yelling till the next light, swerving into my lane again. I had my infant daughter in the truck and decided to pass up my street after the lanes merged to one and they were close behing me. Drove about five miles west of town and made a few turns in the country and they were still behind me. I got tired of the game, pulled over and out came my rifle, they pulled a U-turn so fast went into the ditch and got hung up trying to drive out. I'm sure they needed a tow truck. I just drove off. Thought I might get a visit from the cops but never did. Like to have heard them explain what they were doing to get their Mom's minivan stuck out there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bakerj For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEPER View Post
You threw something at him. Around here it is a crime to throw anything from a moving vehicle. You escalated the situation. People tailgate. Some people cant judge distances very well. If it was bothering you so much you should have pulled into another lane and let him pass when it started.

You may want to seek help to keep you from getting road rage again.
I was in the wrong for throwing the banana peel, but it certainly wasn't road rage. I was chuckling to myself as I did it.

I am the guy who usually just smiles and waves when people are tailgating and getting ****ed off, but this guy literally gave me 6' at 65 mph. I didn't want to change into the passing lane because people in that lane travel at about 75mph, that would just **** more people off, not to mention I was in the "slow" lane anyways.

Was throwing the banana wrong? Yeah, sure. Did it get the point across? Yep, sure did, the guy backed off. Do I have road rage? Absolutely not.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerj View Post
I just drove off. Thought I might get a visit from the cops but never did. Like to have heard them explain what they were doing to get their Mom's minivan stuck out there.
That's awesome.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Hiker

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. I drive lots of miles on I5 and the number of oblivious drivers is downright amazing. They let others "drive" for them while they zone out, talk on the phone, shave, apply makeup, eat, read a book, surf the web, text, and other things too numerous to mention. However, waking them up is a cardinal sin, and then they sometimes get angry. I get these guys all the time, and my usual trick is to get far enough away from them, either by changing lanes or speeds until they're too far away from me to be their guide.
They often tailgate, not because they're intending to, but they're simply not paying enough attention to what they're doing. I quit getting upset about it; I've got enough to worry about with more beligerent threats than the ones that are merely oblivious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarlMc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,030 Times in 1,974 Posts

Hindsight is always 20 20, but slinging a banana peel on someone is not in the Dale Carnegie book. These are crazy times and some people need very little to push them over the edge, you never know what kind of nut might be in the other car, they could be a meth head or worse. I remember years ago coming back form a ball game, a guy in the back seat threw some firecrackers out the window at some people in a yard, funny for a second, they were dancing and running, but it was a big mistake, the car that happened to be on the road behind us was driven the guy's nephew, there were 5 guys in that car, 3 in ours and they were big as hell and looked meaner than hell. We drove for half an hour trying to lose them and finally did down a rural dirt road, we kicked up so much dust they didn't see us turn off.
Another thing to worry about, did the guy get your license tag number? In some states it's public record.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Nelson View Post
Hindsight is always 20 20, but slinging a banana peel on someone is not in the Dale Carnegie book. These are crazy times and some people need very little to push them over the edge, you never know what kind of nut might be in the other car, they could be a meth head or worse. I remember years ago coming back form a ball game, a guy in the back seat threw some firecrackers out the window at some people in a yard, funny for a second, they were dancing and running, but it was a big mistake, the car that happened to be on the road behind us was driven the guy's nephew, there were 5 guys in that car, 3 in ours and they were big as hell and looked meaner than hell. We drove for half an hour trying to lose them and finally did down a rural dirt road, we kicked up so much dust they didn't see us turn off.
Another thing to worry about, did the guy get your license tag number? In some states it's public record.
It would be linked to my parents names, they live 6 hours away.

If that is what you meant. If you were thinking about him reporting me to the cops, I'm not worried. No way to prove it or anything like that.