Class III fire arms. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master-at-Arms 2nd Class Mark Mayo shot and killed by civilian BJJ_Grappler General Discussion 17 03-29-2014 09:18 AM
how much sand is required to provide sufficent protection from small arms fire? cmo1037 General Discussion 37 02-20-2014 08:52 PM
What to use as a self-defense weapon if MOST fire-arms are illegal? Runtime Firearms General Discussion 96 02-09-2014 12:41 AM
Fire by Friction class Sunday Chicago Vanishing Nomad Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 2 12-05-2013 04:46 PM
Class III fire arms. DocYoung Military Weapons Forum 173 08-31-2013 09:06 PM
USS Farragut & Russia's Admiral Chabanenko Udaloy II class destroyer joint live fire oxi General Discussion 4 08-22-2012 11:26 AM
688 Class Submarine on fire in Portsmouth BobMacnamara General Discussion 28 07-23-2012 07:08 PM
new england fire arms single shot pistol prototype davis Rifle Forum 16 06-09-2010 11:18 AM
Free Friction Fire Class near Madison, WI make tracks Events, Connections and Get togethers 1 04-26-2009 09:16 AM

Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 AM
Respecter of Persons

Advertise Here

My state of Hawaii is absolutely anti gun. There is no class III here and when Clinton's gun ban was in effect, this state passed its own state law to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds, so even though the federal law sun-setted, our state law is going strong. Security guards here are not allowed to have firearms on duty. The legislature is working on a .50 BMG ban. It is a felony to have a weapon in your vehicle or on your person, even unloaded, unless you are going from home to your shooting location or vice versa. Concealed carry for personal protection is allowed by law, but the chiefs of police for the 4 counties here have decided against issuing any permits. It just keeps going and going. Enjoy what you have on the mainland and if you have the opportunity to take advantage of the class III weapons, do it.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imua-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 04:04 AM

What's the going rate on a fully auto AK? I've got nothing to hide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freshgrease For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Survivor

Thanked 58,723 Times in 19,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease View Post
What's the going rate on a fully auto AK? I've got nothing to hide.
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/i...uery=retrieval

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocYoung View Post
Yes, an example would be if you owned a suppressor, and your neighbor dies of a gunshot wound no one heard. They might want to look at your suppressor. They can come to your home and search for said suppressor without your consent.

Sorry, but this is not correct. I am an NFA owner and (1 submachinegun, 2 SBR's and 1 silencer) BATFE does NOT have the right to enter your home without a warrant simply because you own an NFA item. If you are a dealer, or 07/02 manufacturer, then yes, they can enter your place of business and inspect during "reasonable hours".
Old 12-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPL_BS_88 View Post
What the hech is the deal with the stamps. do they really think its going to make a difference in street crimes. It kind of make one wonder there there head is...
The stamps are a result of the National Firearms Act of 1934. You can thank the 1930's gansters for the formation of this act. Before this act was created, you could purchase a Thompson submachinegun from Sears Roebuck & Company through the mail. The act was originally enacted to be restrictive in an attempt to keep machineguns away from everyone. $200.00 was a fortune in the 1930's and no one was going to spend this kind of money just on a stamp that allows you to own a machinegun when they were making a dollar a day salary.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireCop203 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Your state law can over ride the federal firearms laws so its best to check with your local class III for buying any NFA items.

Just a clarification to a great post:

State law can't "override" federal law in the sense that it can change a federal obligation to a less severe obligation. State law can only be more strict.

In other words, you have to do what the feds say AND what the state says.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildjo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2008, 05:06 AM
"Dolt"

Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,208 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjo View Post
Just a clarification to a great post:

State law can't "override" federal law in the sense that it can change a federal obligation to a less severe obligation. State law can only be more strict.

In other words, you have to do what the feds say AND what the state says.
NFA says yes you can have a FA with proper paper work as evidence by Florida laws, but your state says no (think commiefornia laws), you loose ... state wins.

The NFA/ATF/BJT/WE has to abide by your state requirements when approving or not approving your transfer.

Last edited by DocYoung; 12-14-2008 at 05:14 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2008, 05:08 AM
"Dolt"

Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,208 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCop203 View Post
Sorry, but this is not correct. I am an NFA owner and (1 submachinegun, 2 SBR's and 1 silencer) BATFE does NOT have the right to enter your home without a warrant simply because you own an NFA item. If you are a dealer, or 07/02 manufacturer, then yes, they can enter your place of business and inspect during "reasonable hours".
Re-RTFM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Re-RTFM.
??????
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireCop203 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

It's my understanding that when Clinton passed his full auto restrictions that any new builds were restricted to LE or Military. I believe you can build on a grandfathered receiver as that is what the regitration goes with just like a semi-auto or any other firearm.
That said this had the same effect as the AWB in that prices wen't through the roof !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rc1richard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Ignorance is strength

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your question. The information was take straight from the ATF. I've never know a case where it has been used but that dont mean they cant or wont.
Can somebody define this better? This sounds like a version of probable cause, they just don't need a warrant.

My dad said the Class III license was the warrant and if ATF Agent Joe Blow didn't have anything to do, he could go through the database, see my license and decide to drop by and make sure I had everything I was licensed to have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonSmithnotTMD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Preparing since 1972

Thanked 6,496 Times in 2,824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpauselius View Post
Like you said, state laws are an issue as well. NY is a no-but-no state. They say "no", you say "but", they say "no".
Like illinois
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 PM

Get a good pistol with a silencer. Work on it and practice! It will come in more handy than anything that flings lead real fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cautious For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Uncle Sam's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiqua View Post
Be aware also, that having the parts to make something (say a short barreled upper for an AR and a lower, even if it is assembled to another upper) is viewed by the ATF as the same as if it were assembled into an SBR. You need to have your Form 1 approved and your tax stamp in hand BEFORE having the parts.
So basically I need to have a tax stamp to own an AR pistol because I already own a full sized AR?
The Following User Says Thank You to mofugger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Uncle Sam's Bitch

Quote:
Yes, an example would be if you owned a suppressor, and your neighbor dies of a gunshot wound no one heard. They might want to look at your suppressor. They can come to your home and search for said suppressor without your consent.
I've always wondered what they would do if you're simply not at home when they show up. No, I don't mean because you bailed out of town, but because you were at work, the store, hooking up with some chick you met at a bar last week, etc. Would they leave a little note on your door like UPS/FEDEX does sometimes?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Alert Today~Alive Tmrrw

Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote:
Class III firearms are not illegal if you follow the National Firearms Act (NFA) and include;

[edit]

Your FA shotgun (SPAS) is defined as a destructive device. ($200).
SPAS shotguns are not full-automatic. They're pump/autoloader
The Following User Says Thank You to Filthy_McNasty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Well Prepared

The simple way in Florida to get class III weapons or silencers is to open a living trust. The gun or silencer is owned by the trust and not by you (although you are the executor and maintain possession) and it can be passed on to your children. Some other states have this same loophole.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roadkill For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM

Didn't a State recently over turn a lot of the class 3 laws that silencers, short barrels, etc would not need to pay the tax stamp. Can't recall which state I know that they did not include F/A but they got rid of everything else in terms of state law.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Uncle Sam's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
Didn't a State recently over turn a lot of the class 3 laws that silencers, short barrels, etc would not need to pay the tax stamp. Can't recall which state I know that they did not include F/A but they got rid of everything else in terms of state law.
I don't see how that's possible. Technically a state law cannot override a federal law. Kinda like medicinal marijuana. You could get it legally in a certain state according to state laws, but you're still at risk for federal prosecution
Old 06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Firearm Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
You might be thinking of my home state of Montana.

We passed a law that says that firearms made and retained in Montana are not subject to federal regulation, excluding full auto's of course.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sampson1986 For This Useful Post: