Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-22-2019, 05:30 AM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 33,506 Times in 9,053 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asag View Post
The regions where there was a strong bias towards Leave you will encounter very few Middle Eastern migrants but a surplus of white Eastern Europeanís serving to depress wage growth and limit native opportunities for workplace entry.
You say that like its a bad thing.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
Deffinitely not true, people just repeat the nonsense politicians tell them, or the BS they want to believe.

The same could be said of you, or anyone else for that matter. Your comment is, only slightly, just this side of ad hominem.

1)EU citizens cant just move to UK. They need to have a job, or go there looking for one (most have jobs or quickly find one, like they usually do anywhere they go) or have means to financialy support themselves. They CANNOT just move there to claim benefits. They need to get a job and contribute several years before claiming ANY benefits. As the EU regulation is written, they can be expelled if they cant support themselves and are a "burden" to the country. Thats pretty clean cut.

Which doesn't refute the assertion...that the EU was trying to pressure the UK into taking more migrants. We all know how regulations can change at the whim of some bureaucrat. And when that bureaucrat is some nameless faceless person that you had no say in electing, it's very difficult to stop that change.

2) most muslim middle east or indian immigrants do not come from the Eu, they fly there directly and are allowed in.

Not the muslim/middle easterners in question...or have you forgotten the video and pictures of them swarming across county's borders and heading across the Med in boats?

3)Non EU citizens have no EU rights, menaing they can be expelled or simply not allowed in if UK wishes to do so.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean that countries don't have illegal/undocumented immigrants in their country. It's kinda hard to expel people when you don't know who is there illegally, or you don't know where they are.

4)UK, specifically London is packed full of home grown muslims, more than any EU country I've ever seen. It is ridiculous, this idea of leaving the EU to preserve British culture, when modt immigrants are indians or middle easterners, not EU citizens. They also happen to be of cultures that are very different from western values, unlike EU citizens .

Which could quite easily explain why they didn't want more. To be blunt, several parts of your #4 almost prove the point...they didn't want anymore.
I have traveled in Europe, not extensively, but I have been there more than once. After having my passport checked at the airport in Frankfurt, I went through several European borders without anyone so much as asking to see my passport/visa, much less actually seeing them. It can be done. Once on the continent you can go from one country to another without any problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to phil74501 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
The regions where there was a strong bias towards Leave you will encounter very few Middle Eastern migrants but a surplus of white Eastern Europeanís serving to depress wage growth and limit native opportunities for workplace entry.
Which really doesn't refute the claim, it actually proves it.
The Following User Says Thank You to phil74501 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 9,949 Times in 3,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil74501 View Post
I have traveled in Europe, not extensively, but I have been there more than once. After having my passport checked at the airport in Frankfurt, I went through several European borders without anyone so much as asking to see my passport/visa, much less actually seeing them. It can be done. Once on the continent you can go from one country to another without any problem.
For a guy from Argentina who fled to Spain, FerFAL sure seems to have strong opinions about what the Brits should do.

As I said he seems to be mad at the Brits over the Falklands and wants to see them go down the same craphole as the rest of the EU.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:16 PM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
For a guy from Argentina who fled to Spain, FerFAL sure seems to have strong opinions about what the Brits should do.

As I said he seems to be mad at the Brits over the Falklands and wants to see them go down the same craphole as the rest of the EU.
The Americans have not been at all shy on commenting about Brexit and fair play to them it is a forum.
The U.K. is more of a craphole than most of the EU will ever be and I both live here love living here. Sometimes you have to accept other countries have more self pride.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 08:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,146 Times in 1,655 Posts

Quote:
The Americans have not been at all shy on commenting about Brexit and fair play to them it is a forum.
The U.K. is more of a craphole than most of the EU will ever be and I both live here love living here. Sometimes you have to accept other countries have more self pride.

Just throw Steve in your ignore list, he really is of no use.
You'll have better luck debating with a gold fish... the gold fish has a better formal education.
The Following User Says Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 01:04 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
You'll have better luck debating with a gold fish... the gold fish has a better formal education.
No I believe most people on here have some worthy comments at some point within a thread or on a topic and ignore lists are for Snowflakes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 02:25 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Yet the Americans are all for the Brits taking back control of their country from un-elected EU bureaucrats, while FerFAL wants them to remain cucked by the EU. He is defending the EU for things it's obvious to us aren't true in reality. Making statements that (unless he is simply ignorant) seem to border on lies to try to shore up his position.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 02:28 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Seems someone got his feels hurt.

Brits - 1
Argies - 0
Old 10-23-2019, 02:33 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Quote:
Just throw Steve in your ignore list, he really is of no use. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]
You'll have better luck debating with a gold fish... the gold fish has a better formal education. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
No I believe most people on here have some worthy comments at some point within a thread or on a topic and ignore lists are for Snowflakes.
Exaclty. Most, not all.
I dont go about life talking with mean drunks and crazy homeless people that yell at clouds.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:48 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil74501 View Post
Quote:
Deffinitely not true, people just repeat the nonsense politicians tell them, or the BS they want to believe.

The same could be said of you, or anyone else for that matter. Your comment is, only slightly, just this side of ad hominem.

1)EU citizens cant just move to UK. They need to have a job, or go there looking for one (most have jobs or quickly find one, like they usually do anywhere they go) or have means to financialy support themselves. They CANNOT just move there to claim benefits. They need to get a job and contribute several years before claiming ANY benefits. As the EU regulation is written, they can be expelled if they cant support themselves and are a "burden" to the country. Thats pretty clean cut.

Which doesn't refute the assertion...that the EU was trying to pressure the UK into taking more migrants. We all know how regulations can change at the whim of some bureaucrat. And when that bureaucrat is some nameless faceless person that you had no say in electing, it's very difficult to stop that change.

2) most muslim middle east or indian immigrants do not come from the Eu, they fly there directly and are allowed in.

Not the muslim/middle easterners in question...or have you forgotten the video and pictures of them swarming across county's borders and heading across the Med in boats?

3)Non EU citizens have no EU rights, menaing they can be expelled or simply not allowed in if UK wishes to do so.

That may be true, but that doesn't mean that countries don't have illegal/undocumented immigrants in their country. It's kinda hard to expel people when you don't know who is there illegally, or you don't know where they are.

4)UK, specifically London is packed full of home grown muslims, more than any EU country I've ever seen. It is ridiculous, this idea of leaving the EU to preserve British culture, when modt immigrants are indians or middle easterners, not EU citizens. They also happen to be of cultures that are very different from western values, unlike EU citizens .

Which could quite easily explain why they didn't want more. To be blunt, several parts of your #4 almost prove the point...they didn't want anymore.
Had to go back and check if you were the same person..
You went from admitting that "true or not, I dont know" to having comebacks to each point. Which one is it then?
About traveling in continental EU. Its called Schengen Area, once in it you move freely between member countries. That doesnt mean the EU doesnt check passports on borders and entry points outside the EU. UK is not part of the Schengen Area so pasports get checked.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:56 AM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 33,506 Times in 9,053 Posts

Quote:

Brits - 1
Argies - 0
Quoted so ferfal can see.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:45 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman351 View Post
Quote:

Brits - 1
Argies - 0
Quoted so ferfal can see.
Its actually Brits -1 Argentina-2 but as Albert Einstein once said when talking about the Unified Filed Theory "retards gonna say retard sht".
Hence the ignore list.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Semper Fi

Quote:
Its actually Brits -1 Argentina-2 but as Albert Einstein once said when talking about the Unified Filed Theory "retards gonna say retard sht".
Hence the ignore list.
If you are referring to the invasions of 1806/07 then it is still Brits-1 Argies -0 as those battles were fought against Spain. Argentina didn't come into existence until 1823.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:05 PM
Perspective provider.

Thanked 5,715 Times in 2,594 Posts

Quote:
Yet the Americans are all for the Brits taking back control of their country from un-elected EU bureaucrats, while FerFAL wants them to remain cucked by the EU. He is defending the EU for things it's obvious to us aren't true in reality. Making statements that (unless he is simply ignorant) seem to border on lies to try to shore up his position.
Might want to get your facts straight. Those EU bureaucrats are elected. We recently elected them even. May 26th this year, next election 2024. Guess that's also fake news? Seems you're throwing a lot of lies out there yourself .
Old 10-23-2019, 12:13 PM

I'm a Brexit-voting Brit, and to be completely honest, I think everyone is now suffering from Brexit fatigue.

The most ardent leavers now seem content to just get on with it, at any cost.

Here's the truth of it. We have a remain parliament and a leave-backing nation. The only way through this loggerhead is surely a general election, but then again, look how that worked out last time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terry Daine For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Daine View Post
I'm a Brexit-voting Brit, and to be completely honest, I think everyone is now suffering from Brexit fatigue.

The most ardent leavers now seem content to just get on with it, at any cost.

Here's the truth of it. We have a remain parliament and a leave-backing nation. The only way through this loggerhead is surely a general election, but then again, look how that worked out last time.
If you dont mind me asking,
What made you vote for leave, and when you did, did you have something like a Noway deal in mind (which I remember the leave campaign specifically mentioning) or did you want what is now called a "hard" brexit?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:24 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,282 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Might want to get your facts straight. Those EU bureaucrats are elected. We recently elected them even. May 26th this year, next election 2024. Guess that's also fake news? Seems you're throwing a lot of lies out there yourself .
Nobody in the European Commission is elected. These are the bureaucrats who propose and write the legislation that the EU generates. The MEP's are elected (you might want to check which party won the vote in the UK). I don't remember getting a vote on who runs the Commission, the Council or the Parliament.

Remember that every EU Regulation bears this text: "This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States." Even those that don't want it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry-no-clues View Post
Nobody in the European Commission is elected. These are the bureaucrats who propose and write the legislation that the EU generates. The MEP's are elected (you might want to check which party won the vote in the UK). I don't remember getting a vote on who runs the Commission, the Council or the Parliament.
You vote the MEPs and they form the commission in the same way you vote for the MPs (which now some of you seem to not like, even though directly elected by the people) and they chose your PM, like they did with Boris and May.
So the EU is every bit as democratic as your own country, with elected officials.

Quote:
Remember that every EU Regulation bears this text: "This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States." Even those that don't want it.
LOL! What would be the point of having a union if one can just chose to not follow the rules everyone agrees are needed but you dont particularly feel like following? That makes no sense.
No one forces you to be a member State, but you are expected to follow the rules you sign up for, not that complicated a concept. In fact, you could have left a loooong time ago if you would just stop asking for more extensions. But I suppose the mean EU is forcing you to ask for that as well...
The Following User Says Thank You to FerFAL For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,282 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
You vote the MEPs and they form the commission in the same way you vote for the MPs (which now some of you seem to not like, even though directly elected by the people) and they chose your PM, like they did with Boris and May.
So the EU is every bit as democratic as your own country, with elected officials.
The Commission proposes and enforces laws. It is made up of commissioners, each of which is appointed by a Member State (MS). Not one of them is elected to that role. Most countries send garbage. Just check the list of legal cases pending on the current crop. It is not a civil service; it is the only body allowed to propose legislation.

The Parliament is elected by the citizens of each MS. The number of MEP's that each country gets is kinda in proportion to its population, except that no country can have less than 6, and the total cannot be more than 750. Its job is to pass the laws proposed by the commission.

The European Council is made up of the heads of government of each MS. It manages overall direction, foreign and security policy.

The Council of the EU (which is NOT the European Council, neither is it the Council of Europe) has the real power regarding legislation. It can scrutinise legislation, amend legislation, and operates on a qualified majority system, where the number of votes required is related to the number of countries or the % of the EU population represented by the countries involved. It is made up of government ministers from each MS.

It's complicated, intentionally so. I understand why you get confused.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sorry-no-clues For This Useful Post: