Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Hunter

Default One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

Advertise Here

Many on this forum will recognize the titled words as those belonging to a creedal statement professed on a periodic basis, which indicate the marks or attributes of the Church founded by Christ. The mark of Apostolicity is further defined by another term: Roman.
The Roman Church means the Church united to the Apostles of whom the Head was Peter, Bishop of Rome. The Church has as her head through the ages the successor of Peter, Bishop of Rome.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Thanked 1,015 Times in 607 Posts

thread closed
The Following User Says Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:08 PM
Layman

Thanked 2,859 Times in 1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
thread closed

... Thread open???
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sloth For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2019, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,057 Times in 4,268 Posts

It's hard belonging to one of five (or soon to be six?) nationalistic churches.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2019, 08:28 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,068 Times in 18,722 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post

... Thread open???
lol. ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 09-28-2019, 07:31 AM
Hunter

Christ is your shepherd and judge; he judges between his own sheep and other sheep. My sheep, he says, hear my voice and follow me (John 10:27).

In this statement I find that all good shepherds are one in the one shepherd. It is not that good shepherds are lacking; they are there in the one shepherd. When we speak of "many" we refer to those who are divided from each other. Here only one is spoken of, because in this passage unity is commended. The reason why shepherds are not mentioned here, but only one shepherd, is not because the Lord has failed to find anyone to whom to entrust his sheep; he entrusted the sheep to Peter because he had found Peter. Indeed, in the case of Peter he also commended the unity of the flock. There were many apostles, and yet to one only did he say: Feed my sheep (John 21:17). Do not imagine that there will be no more good shepherds, or that we shall find them lacking, or that the Lord's mercy will not produce and establish them.

Certainly, if there are good sheep there are also good shepherds; good sheep give rise to good shepherds. But all good shepherds are one in the one good shepherd; they form a unity. If only they feed the sheep, Christ is feeding the sheep. The friends of the bridegroom do not speak with their own voice, but they take great joy in listening to the bridegroom's voice. Christ himself is the shepherd when they act as shepherds. "I feed them," he says, because his voice is in their voice, his love in their love.

When he entrusted his sheep to Peter as one person to another, Christ chose to make Peter one with himself. He wanted to entrust him with the sheep in such a way that he himself might be the head and Peter might represent the body, that is, the Church. As bridegroom and bride, Christ and the Church were to be two in one flesh.

Accordingly, what does he say before he entrusts the sheep to Peter as to someone who is not separate from himself? Peter, do you love me? He answered: I love you. And again: Do you love me? He answered: I love you. And a third time: Do you love me? He answered: I love you (John 21:15-17). He receives an assurance of love in order to establish unity. Christ is the one shepherd who is one with the other shepherds, and in whom they themselves are one.

Shepherds are not mentioned, but they are not passed over. Shepherds have cause for pride, but if anyone boasts it should be in the Lord (2 Corinthians 10:17). This means that Christ should be the shepherd, that they should be shepherds for Christ, shepherds in Christ, not shepherds for themselves, apart from Christ. When the prophet said: I will feed my sheep (Ezechiel 34:15), it was not because of a lack of shepherds, as though he were foretelling those evil times to come and saying: "I have no one to whom I can entrust my sheep." At a time when Peter himself, and the apostles too, were alive in the body, Christ, the one in whom alone all are one, said this: I have other sheep that are not of this sheepfold; I must bring them in as well, so that there may be one flock and one shepherd (John 10:16).

All shepherds should therefore be one in the one good shepherd. All should speak with the one voice of the one shepherd, so that the sheep may hear and follow their shepherd; not this or that shepherd, but the one shepherd. All should speak with on e voice in Christ, not with different voices. Brethren, I beg all of you to say the same thing, and to have no dissensions among you (1 Corinthians 1:10). The sheep should hear this voice, a voice purified from all schism, freed from all heresy, and so follow their shepherd, who says: My sheep hear my voice and follow me (John 10:27).

- Augustine
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2019, 10:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,991 Times in 5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet Maker View Post
It's hard belonging to one of five (or soon to be six?) nationalistic churches.
Not to be flippant, but it's far easier than pretending that Frank is the vicar of Christ.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,057 Times in 4,268 Posts

We arenít the ones who decided to do away with the Authority of the Primacy of the Chair of Peter, the Bishop of Rome. Clearly accepted by all of the Original Churches.

Now, Iíll not deny that Pope Francis has differing personal focus than many of the more traditional Clergy or Laity. That doesnít bother me. His authority only extends to matters of Faith and Morals. If he tries to change the Magesterium, there will be major problems. Again, Iím not worried, because Jesus promised to watch over His Church.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cabinet Maker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet Maker View Post
We aren’t the ones who decided to do away with the Authority of the Primacy of the Chair of Peter, the Bishop of Rome. Clearly accepted by all of the Original Churches.

Now, I’ll not deny that Pope Francis has differing personal focus than many of the more traditional Clergy or Laity. That doesn’t bother me. His authority only extends to matters of Faith and Morals. If he tries to change the Magesterium, there will be major problems. Again, I’m not worried, because Jesus promised to watch over His Church.
The primacy was given in collegiality by the other bishops of the original Church. It was never an administrative (absolute) RIGHT. Once the Pope demanded absolute power all collegiality disappeared by his actions alone. In consequence it was the Bishop of Rome who initiated the break and still is today. The Mother Church represented by all the other Bishops of the Ancient Church awaits patiently for the return of the Pope to a cordial Ancient Church. What do you see wrong in this?

Do you see the Ancient Church being submitted to the absolute power of the Pope? More importantly, do you wish for this?
Genuine question: How do you see the reunion, the necessary conditions of it?
Old 10-01-2019, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,928 Times in 2,179 Posts

Set aside the Holy Spirit issue
It does now matter what we think.
Holy Spirit Father God Only
Holy Spirit Father God and Jesus
The Pope seeks not to control the Orthodox Churches
So, it is a pretty simple deal
Would be a great benefit to all concerned
Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Totus tuus

John Henry Newman will be canonized very soon. I found an excellent article on how Newman regarded the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Chair of Peter. Here it is. Newman is one of the most brilliant writers and thinkers in the English language in the Catholic Church.

http://www.jameslikoudispage.com/Ecumenic/newmaneo.htm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atticus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
John Henry Newman will be canonized very soon. I found an excellent article on how Newman regarded the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Chair of Peter. Here it is. Newman is one of the most brilliant writers and thinkers in the English language in the Catholic Church.

http://www.jameslikoudispage.com/Ecumenic/newmaneo.htm
Thanks for the link to Likoudis' various works. I found this article especially interesting:
http://jameslikoudispage.com/Doctrine/cephas.htm