Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 10-22-2019, 01:02 PM
Come and Take Them!

Thanked 7,339 Times in 2,118 Posts
Default Another Impeachment Question??

Advertise Here

The House has voted 3 times against opening an impeachment inquiry. How does Pelosi and crew have the authority to unilaterally override those votes??
Just askin'.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to alv7722 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 01:15 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 24,238 Times in 8,900 Posts

Piglosi is "dic(k)tator" Rules - We don't need no stinking rules. The truth is what I say it is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,853 Times in 7,540 Posts

When did they vote?? Voting on it has been a issue for a couple of weeks and Pelosi wont allow it.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:41 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 22,181 Times in 9,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv7722 View Post
The House has voted 3 times against opening an impeachment inquiry. How does Pelosi and crew have the authority to unilaterally override those votes??
Just askin'.
The House has not voted either way on impeachment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 02:33 PM
Come and Take Them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
The House has not voted either way on impeachment.
The question was impeachment inquiry. It was tried twice by Al Green, and voted against. Can't find the third attempt yet, but it is out there.

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...or-impeachment

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...le-impeachment

Again, what do you Communists feel they will gain by ousting the duly elected President?????????????????
The Following User Says Thank You to alv7722 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 02:59 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 22,181 Times in 9,867 Posts

Quote:
The question was impeachment inquiry. It was tried twice by Al Green, and voted against. Can't find the third attempt yet, but it is out there.
Rep. Green’s specific resolution was tabled. The Intelligence Committee investigation has nothing to do with that Resolution.
The Following User Says Thank You to LibShooter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 PM

When the Reps, lead by Linda Graham, decided to impeach Slick Willy for getting his freak on, it was just a matter of time before the shoe was on the other foot, and the Dems would do the same thing. They were just waiting for the right guy and Trump was made to order for them.
Good thing is that the Senate will never vote to remove him, so Trump will just have to fume while the House subpoenas documents that Trump obviously doesn't want to release. The Dems just want to keep shakin' the tree to see how many hookers and slimy Ukrainians fall out.
It's a fairly entertaining show.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gavrilo princip For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,645 Times in 9,209 Posts

New charge to investigate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,927 Times in 6,964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavrilo princip View Post
When the Reps, lead by Linda Graham, decided to impeach Slick Willy for getting his freak on, it was just a matter of time before the shoe was on the other foot, and the Dems would do the same thing. They were just waiting for the right guy and Trump was made to order for them.
Good thing is that the Senate will never vote to remove him, so Trump will just have to fume while the House subpoenas documents that Trump obviously doesn't want to release. The Dems just want to keep shakin' the tree to see how many hookers and slimy Ukrainians fall out.
It's a fairly entertaining show.
That's asinine.

The Dems haven't actually DONE anything, except threaten to do something.

They keep looking, and ranting and claiming there's something out there if we can just get the right document....but NOTHING is actually being DONE, even when they get documents and "witnesses", because their entire playbook is a bag of bull pucky.

They have nothing that would actually rise to the level of being actionable.

There are no high crimes, and no misdemeanors to use to actually do anything. They can look for 20 years....there's nothing to find.

AND THEY KNOW IT.

It's all just smoke and mirrors to distract the stupid and create as much bad media buzz for the president as possible, for as long as possible.

And the media and the useful idiots just keep sucking it up.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:40 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 24,238 Times in 8,900 Posts

With all this Impeachment BS, there hasn't been any new unconstitutional gun laws passed, or new taxes that I know of. CONgress is in grid lock and that's a good thing for a free people.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Come and Take Them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCalHippie View Post
New charge to investigate.
Well, that kind of makes sense. Though in my mind, there is only ONE charge, and that is making America prosperous again. It would still seem a full House vote would be appropriate to start an investigation???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alv7722 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 41,099 Times in 9,741 Posts

Quote:
Just askin'.
I don't think she's unilaterally overriding votes, they've voted 3 times already and all 3 were shot down. This is the 4th time but hasn't been put to a vote

The Constitution isn't clear except the "House" has the power. It implies a vote and the "Speaker" isn't the "House" only one member

The only thing the Dems are doing is showing the Republicans how to impeach the next Dem

She's actually dumping all the real work on the Senate, they'll have a quick vote and be done with it

Charging the POTUS with high crimes and misdemeanors is a tall order especially when he has Executive Privilege and either Joe Biden broke the same law or he just set precedent
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
That's asinine.

The Dems haven't actually DONE anything, except threaten to do something.

They keep looking, and ranting and claiming there's something out there if we can just get the right document....but NOTHING is actually being DONE, even when they get documents and "witnesses", because their entire playbook is a bag of bull pucky.

They have nothing that would actually rise to the level of being actionable.

There are no high crimes, and no misdemeanors to use to actually do anything. They can look for 20 years....there's nothing to find.

AND THEY KNOW IT.

It's all just smoke and mirrors to distract the stupid and create as much bad media buzz for the president as possible, for as long as possible.

And the media and the useful idiots just keep sucking it up.
Man, did you ever drink the Kool Aid. Be honest with yourself for the first time, why are so many people on this site in man love with the Trumpster? I like the guy because he's such an entertaining huckster. He doesn't even try to show admirable character traits.
He exemplifies the statement: For someone who claims to be innocent, he's sure doing everything he can to look guilty. Whenever I see the mug shots of those two greasy Ukrainian leg breakers he's in bed with, I can't help but laugh. They look like extras in a gangster B movie.
Who made this statement:
“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
People on this site are such poor debaters that I'm getting bored.
The Following User Says Thank You to gavrilo princip For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Survivor

Thanked 32,458 Times in 7,846 Posts

Quote:

Nothing or no one says you have to be on this thread. If you are getting bored- leave and go to another thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,576 Posts

I haven't been following this very much. Today while running errands I heard on the radio (ABC News) that they are arguing in court.

Apparently they want 8 years of Trumps tax returns so that they can determine if he commited any crimes when he paid hush money to Stormy Daniels and another woman. While his lawyers are arguing that he can't be tried for crimes while POTUS.

If this is actually what is going on I have two thoughts about it.
1) I don't see how paying a slut to shut her mouth after she has opened it for you can be a crime since Congress has a slush fund comprised of our tax dollars specifically for doing that same thing.
2) Even POTUS should not be above the law. That is reserved for the Clintons and their crime cartel.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,458 Times in 7,846 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawami II View Post
I haven't been following this very much. Today while running errands I heard on the radio (ABC News) that they are arguing in court.

Apparently they want 8 years of Trumps tax returns so that they can determine if he commited any crimes when he paid hush money to Stormy Daniels and another woman. While his lawyers are arguing that he can't be tried for crimes while POTUS.

If this is actually what is going on I have two thoughts about it.
1) I don't see how paying a slut to shut her mouth after she has opened it for you can be a crime since Congress has a slush fund comprised of our tax dollars specifically for doing that same thing.
2) Even POTUS should not be above the law. That is reserved for the Clintons and their crime cartel.
If Trump did pay off Stormy, it was before he was POTUS. While a bad optic, it has little to do with him since becoming President. I assume he did do that as it has enough facts to back it up.

As far as a political doing it, that's the result of their actions while in office. We saw how the Clinton one went down. He came out rather clean. So Trump should get the same treatment.

As far as tax records releases go, Trump has released summaries of his taxes as many other presidents have done. It's merely a witch hunt. They need some hill on which to plant their flag and they are grasping to find something. They won't.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,225 Times in 4,812 Posts

It looks like the impeachment thing has lost most if its steam in recent days. We'll see what happens when Pelosi & crew get back.. they still out of the US?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 21,927 Times in 6,964 Posts

Quote:
Man, did you ever drink the Kool Aid.
Sorry...the koolaid is all in your full sized big gulp, and you've been sucking on it hard for far too long.

Quote:
Be honest with yourself for the first time, why are so many people on this site in man love with the Trumpster?
That's so cute...as if I am totally about the lies. It's like you think you are casting shade so very subtly....but it's just more childish BS from a typical useless idiot. Sorry again, lies are YOUR side of the argument.

You're simply wrong. Most of us DISLIKE the man in the office, and we dislike a lot of his personal moments of twitter stupidity. But we LOVE what he does to the leftists heads, and how he is continually making America great, despite everything the media and the leftists do or say.

Quote:
I like the guy because he's such an entertaining huckster. He doesn't even try to show admirable character traits.
Not his job. Besides, sadly, it's the same with almost ALL politicians anymore, regardless of party.

Quote:
He exemplifies the statement: For someone who claims to be innocent, he's sure doing everything he can to look guilty. Whenever I see the mug shots of those two greasy Ukrainian leg breakers he's in bed with, I can't help but laugh. They look like extras in a gangster B movie.
And that has NOTHING to do with the reality. We KNOW you guys are all about appearances and the feels...but in the real world, facts and proof matter. And the left has none. Not a single bit of anything. The fact is there is FAR more "proof" about Clinton being a crook, but that went nowhere...and you guys expect something to magically make this whole drummed up pile of steaming BS make any sense?

Unicorns and rainbows. Angry, nasty drunk unicorns with broken horns and rainbows with only two colors...but you have to hold on to what you got, I guess...

Quote:
Who made this statement:
“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role,” the politician said. “Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
So now you think some GOP asshat makes sense?

I don't. I don't care what he said, he was wrong then, and it doesn't have any application to now anyway.

Quote:
What's to debate? There's no debate when all you have is innuendo, feels, whining, and ZERO facts that apply.

The echo chamber in your head must make it hard to hear anything from out here in the real world, unless it's piped in directly from the mass media.

You be safe in there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,506 Times in 577 Posts

Well, technically, they cant go thru with it without another vote in the house. They are hoping to win over more of their idgits by then.
The Following User Says Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 17,767 Times in 5,262 Posts

It's really not an "impeachment".... it's just an "inquiry" that the dems are using to make political hay... They can inquire until Shiffs neck snaps.. but all it will be is an inquiry...

For there to be an impeachment there has to be a House vote....
The Following User Says Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post: