2A RALLY SATURDAY NOVEMBER, 2nd DC - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 10-21-2019, 11:57 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,171 Times in 3,266 Posts
Default 2A RALLY SATURDAY NOVEMBER, 2nd DC

Advertise Here

Folks,

spread the word far and wide. There is a major 2A rally scheduled for Saturday, November 2 on the Capitol lawn. More info posted below.

Rally for the 2nd Amendment-November 2nd-Washington DC

Gun owners, rights activists, and lovers of liberty will be gathering on the lawn of the Capitol in Washington DC on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, at 1:00 in the afternoon.

If you live within 200 miles of DC, there is little excuse for missing this critical event, and many people who live much farther away will be doing whatever it takes to be there.

The currently listed speakers are:

Eric Blandford (IV8888)
Craig Deluz (FPC)
Dianna Muller (DC Project)
Jonathan Patton (TGC)
Mike Sodini (WTTA)
Chris Cheng (Topshot)
Joshua Prince (Lawyer)
Erich Pratt (GOA)
Kevin Dixie (NOC)
Kenn Blanchard (Black Man with a Gun)
Gabby Franco (competitive shooter)
Cheryl Todd (Gun Freedom Radio)
Matt Larosiere (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Maj Toure (Black Guns Matter)
Rob Pincus (2nd Amendment Organization)
Jeff Knox (Firearms Coalition)
Anthony Colandro (Gun For Hire)
http://2ndamendmentrally.com/

This is a grassroots effort, and you are the grassroots. Without the active participation of you and other grassroots activists, this isn’t going to work. At the recent Gun Rights Policy Conference, activist Nicki Stallard characterized the difference between rights activists and gun control extremists, saying that we’re herding cats, while they are stampeding cattle. That’s pretty accurate, though I think sheep or lemmings would be more appropriate in describing anti-rights activists.

WE are the Gun Lobby. We can no longer let someone else do it for us, or say “I gave at the office.” It’s up to You. You must communicate with your elected servants – whether they agree with you or not – and be sure that they know what you expect from them. You must help elect politicians that understand and respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You must be sure that your family, your friends, your coworkers, your church family, your kids’ friends and their parents, all know the importance of the Second Amendment and the fallacy of gun control laws.

You don’t have to be a scholar or an expert, but you do need to do what you can. Politicians don’t actually read your letters and emails, nor do they get detailed notes about your phone calls. The majority of the time, a low-level staffer looks at your correspondence and puts a check-mark in a “For” or “Against” column, which is then relayed to the politician in the form of a report: “362 constituent comments opposing Bill xyz, 48 supporting it.” That’s it. So find a couple of resources you trust to keep you up-to-date on what’s going on in Washington and your state capitol, and when they ask you to take action, take action – every time they ask. And call your elected servants once a week to make sure your check-mark is counted.

Anti-rights extremists think they have the upper hand right now because of the troubles at the NRA and the public’s emotional reaction to the horrific acts of a few murderous lunatics. Those anti-rights extremists are counting on you to shuffle around in circles wringing your hands and wondering what to do.

Even some in our own movement are more concerned about how it might look if only a few rights activists show up at the Capitol on November 2nd. What a self-defeating attitude. They’re not going to attend or encourage others to attend because there might not be enough people in attendance to make a good showing…? Get on-board or get out of the way. Call that defeatist attitude out for what it is.

Still others argue that they won’t attend because the laws of the District insist that they be disarmed, and they refuse to do that. I get that, I truly do. I well know the discomfort of “going naked,” especially in “enemy territory.” If such fears don’t deter Representative Steve Scalise, they shouldn’t deter you.

The core message of the 2nd Amendment Rally, is “We Are the Gun Lobby,” as in “We the People,” and we demand that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights be respected and adhered to. The speakers list is above, and President Trump, Vice President Pence, Representative Scalise, Representative Massie, Senator Paul, and other congressional leaders have been invited, to join with grassroots rights leaders and activists from around the country.

This could be the most important Second Amendment event of our lifetime. Only You can ensure that it’s a success. Go to www.2ndAmendmentRally.com to register and get more information.

Together we can shake up Washington and save the republic. Let’s roll.

more info: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/2nd...#axzz62rIxwGJD
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 12:00 PM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 193,195 Times in 39,262 Posts

Wish I were close. I'm 900 miles from there and no available time off. I'd love to go though.
Thanks for the info.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 12:25 PM
Retired Army

Thanked 9,198 Times in 3,569 Posts

I wish that I could attend. How the fug do people get time to these kind of things? I have never had that kind of spare time in my entire adult life. Seriously, I have to work.

Al

“Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”- Benjamin Franklin

Always looking for Bayonets and Surplus gun parts. Come on, I know you guys have some stuff stashed
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Al Diehl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 12:36 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Diehl View Post
I wish that I could attend. How the fug do people get time to these kind of things? I have never had that kind of spare time in my entire adult life. Seriously, I have to work.

Al
It's on a Saturday afternoon AL, WTH ?
Old 10-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 42,278 Times in 13,074 Posts

Well if you go to a rally, even on a Sat afternoon, it obviously means you live in your parents basement - or so I keep hearing....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 01:01 PM
Existential Threat

Thanked 10,433 Times in 1,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Diehl View Post

Al
I bet that's by design... the politicians keep the working class so busy trying to earn a living to support their families that they don't have time to protest in the streets.

It seems that the usual protesters in this country are mostly made up of the freeloaders in our society.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 01:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 5,879 Times in 1,400 Posts

That IS typically the case with you leftists loonies! This one will be a peaceful and professional rally unless your kind show up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,830 Times in 8,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroo View Post
That IS typically the case with you leftists loonies! This one will be a peaceful and professional rally unless your kind show up.
Read the thread. Your kind isn't showing up.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:28 PM
Gone Fishing

Thanked 10,623 Times in 2,527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious1 View Post
Wish I were close. I'm 900 miles from there and no available time off. I'd love to go though.
Thanks for the info.
Agreed. I wish it was closer, I would go.
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 06:30 PM
Gone Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoplite59 View Post
It's on a Saturday afternoon AL, WTF ?
I can't speak for him, but I would have to leave thursday night or very very early friday morning to get there and then I would need to get some sort of rest before participating in such an event.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 07:33 PM
Hunter

Thanked 5,879 Times in 1,400 Posts

Oh look, fromundah cheese is here to explain our rights from his prison island.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
I can't speak for him, but I would have to leave thursday night or very very early friday morning to get there and then I would need to get some sort of rest before participating in such an event.
Darn internet, it takes people out of context. I'm not saying that Folks from long distances are remiss if they can't make it, but rather it's a Saturday. That makes for a much better turnout.

In fact, the notice went out to Folks in a 200 mile radius by several groups including our PA based https://foac-pac.orgwhich works hard for 2A supporters in our State. I simply wanted to share as a public service type of announcement, not excoriate anyone who can't make it.

Same would hold true for me and many others from this region if the rally was in Texas because of distance.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Hunter

Thanked 4,518 Times in 1,391 Posts

I will go to this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Gone Fishing

Quote:
Darn internet, it takes people out of context. I'm not saying that Folks from long distances are remiss if they can't make it, but rather it's a Saturday. That makes for a much better turnout.

In fact, the notice went out to Folks in a 200 mile radius by several groups including our PA based https://foac-pac.orgwhich works hard for 2A supporters in our State. I simply wanted to share as a public service type of announcement, not excoriate anyone who can't make it.

Same would hold true for me and many others from this region if the rally was in Texas because of distance.
Parts of South East Texas would be much easier for me to make it.
The Following User Says Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Parts of South East Texas would be much easier for me to make it.
Exactly ! It would be great to see a big turnout. I'm sure that if POTUS (are you listening DJT ? ) would attend, it would turnout to be a YUUGE rally the likes of which we haven't seen. That would be quite a site to behold. It could well become a million man march scale event !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 08:57 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Exactly ! It would be great to see a big turnout. I'm sure that if POTUS (are you listening DJT ? ) would attend, it would turnout to be a YUUGE rally the likes of which we haven't seen. That would be quite a site to behold. It could well become a million man march scale event !
Yup. If he were to even just mention it in a tweet or at a rally it would be an endorsement that would make attendance huge.
I've forwarded it to a number of local people who will keep passing it on. Every little bit counts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
Yup. If he were to even just mention it in a tweet or at a rally it would be an endorsement that would make attendance huge.
I've forwarded it to a number of local people who will keep passing it on. Every little bit counts.

Sure does, just hoping Trump starts tweeting and promoting the event. Can you imagine the attention it would get from anti's in the swamp ! It would send a strong message to say the least. We deplorables are starting to get active and it will grow.
The Following User Says Thank You to hoplite59 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Goat Roper

Thanked 1,507 Times in 577 Posts

I agree with SOTF, it is by design. But, we could have our own rallies locally also. I dont understand why the folks with the extra funds dont get involved. I know they work too, but these attention getting rallies take people with money, pull, and desire to FIX the problems legally, before it turns to shirt! Folks like me would readily attend and make my voice heard, but I cant do that in DC!
The Following User Says Thank You to hawgy54 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 07:38 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgy54 View Post
I agree with SOTF, it is by design. But, we could have our own rallies locally also. I dont understand why the folks with the extra funds dont get involved. I know they work too, but these attention getting rallies take people with money, pull, and desire to FIX the problems legally, before it turns to shirt! Folks like me would readily attend and make my voice heard, but I cant do that in DC!
Yeah, sometimes rallies like this are advertised to be simultaneously held at State Capitols and local courthouses. I actually haven't read the fine print on this yet to see if they are encouraging that, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2019, 02:28 PM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 193,195 Times in 39,262 Posts

Quote:
It's on a Saturday afternoon AL, WTH ?
Some of us work weekends ya know?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post: