Advertise Here

Old 10-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Survivor

Thanked 32,163 Times in 6,881 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by workquik View Post
George Soros, I call B's.
You dispute that her regular handler, German climate activist Luisa-Marie Neubauer, is connected to George Soros and the One Movement (an international lobbying organization funded by George Soros, Bill and Melinda Gates, Bono and others)? So this woman just happens to coincidentally be near Ms Thunberg when making her appearances?? Yeah, right..

Quote:
So many untruths and exaggerations used in this thread to discredit her words. I would suggest her intelligence is as high or higher than many on these boards, yet some imply she is a mental cripple. So many believe that a young person couldn't write the speech themselves. Those people are probably projecting, She voice concerns that address concerns for hers and following generations. I admire her passion
When I want a house built, I'm not going to go out and find someone "who's passionate about house-building"; I'm going to start by finding the best, most experienced general contractor I can find. I'm not going with what the salesmen are trying to push on me.. Passion is irrelevant. If CC pushers are asking the countries of the world for untold billions, and the power to enforce policy, I'm going to be damn sure of the underlying science.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,768 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote:
So many untruths and exaggerations used in this thread to discredit her words. I would suggest her intelligence is as high or higher than many on these boards, yet some imply she is a mental cripple.

So many believe that a young person couldn't write the speech themselves.

Those people are probably projecting, She voice concerns that address concerns for hers and following generations. I admire her passion
http://youtu.be/0bwLt_5t73g

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snyper708 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 01:03 AM
Survivor

^^^ Exactly. Ms Thunberg is well-trained to emote and to say what she says. She can't answer real or technical questions, because she doesn't truly understand anything. She can't hold multiple, complex ideas at the same time, or reason and evaluate like an adult, because she's 16 y.o. No matter how well-trained and how precocious she appears, she's still just a kid.

She's like the child version of AOC. Trained to say stuff, but can't really answer deep and interesting questions, because she doesn't understand anything, either. At least Ms Thunberg has a chance to get more knowlegeable and wiser over time. AOC? She's achieved the pinnacle of stupid, and she's not improving; no place to go but down.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 03:33 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,830 Times in 8,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clocker View Post
Quote:
George Soros, I call B's.
You dispute that her regular handler, German climate activist Luisa-Marie Neubauer, is connected to George Soros and the One Movement (an international lobbying organization funded by George Soros, Bill and Melinda Gates, Bono and others)? So this woman just happens to coincidentally be near Ms Thunberg when making her appearances?? Yeah, right..

Quote:
So many untruths and exaggerations used in this thread to discredit her words. I would suggest her intelligence is as high or higher than many on these boards, yet some imply she is a mental cripple. So many believe that a young person couldn't write the speech themselves. Those people are probably projecting, She voice concerns that address concerns for hers and following generations. I admire her passion
When I want a house built, I'm not going to go out and find someone "who's passionate about house-building"; I'm going to start by finding the best, most experienced general contractor I can find. I'm not going with what the salesmen are trying to push on me.. Passion is irrelevant. If CC pushers are asking the countries of the world for untold billions, and the power to enforce policy, I'm going to be damn sure of the underlying science.
Ok. Then who do you go for advice regarding climate change?

I mean I go with the CSIRO because their science is pretty solid.

But they are not very exiting either.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Looks are not a important judgement. What the problem is that adults (supposedly leaders) are giving so much attention to a 16 year old girl with nothing of merit to say. This young lady simply has no life experience or even a extraordinary intellect to point at to give what she says such status.

I really hate the use of superficial attributes, such as looks or social ranking, to define a argument. Ideas should stand on their merit.
I agree.
I understand that environmental problems have indeed reached terrifying proportions, that it’s impossible to talk about it calmly. BUT

She attracted attention only with her courage. But her judgments themselves hardly have a conscious character. Just to say we are in danger on the whole planet, protect the planet with an adult facial expression is not enough. I admire people who offer practical solutions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gregfosterid For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 05:03 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post

My biggest quibbles with the CC pushers is their (intentional) ignoring of the effects of solar variations on climate, and their claim that humans are the cause of CC.

All the hundreds and hundreds of posts re CC here on the SBs, I've not seen or heard anything that has addressed these to a serious degree by CC'ers. Have you?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2019, 07:29 AM
Don't get me started

Thanked 30,437 Times in 10,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregfosterid View Post
She attracted attention only with her courage. ...
No courage was displayed. She is not the Afghani girl shot and left for dead by radicals for trying to become educated. She is a puppet for her parents and others. Puppets can put on quite a show (just ask Kermit and Miss Piggy) but they are not the fount of wisdom and self sacrifice.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MattB4 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 07:32 AM
Padre in the woods

Thanked 1,104 Times in 387 Posts

While I don't have the energy to go scouring the Internet, several people have posted timelines which detail the panic which has been placed on climate change. If you believed what they said in 1985, we should have been dead by 2000. It's sort of like the argument about communism, "the reason it didn't work is because it wasn't done right". In this case, the reason that climate changes have not happened the way people predict is because their predictions are based on flawed data, as well as an agenda, coupled with a need to force people to do something different (often at their financial loss).

Having said that, we are having some changes, but as other posters have duly noted it's because of cycles of the earth, and not because cows fart.

The climate change people are as goofy as the dude who says we have to build as many buildings south of the equator as we have in the north because; all the industry north of the equator will cause the world to wobble out of balance subsequently flinging us off into space.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FoxtrotVictor1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 03:18 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,200 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post

No one, because I don't care. At this point I'm praying for global warming, or climate change, or whatever made-up term they want use. I'm praying for an ice age. Because it's high time we hit the reset button and wiped about 6 billion morons off the face of the earth.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JRR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,409 Times in 1,059 Posts

my older sister refused to have babies because she was not going to bring children into this world because of the shape the world was in

in 1973.

there have always been peddlers of gloom and doom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Explainist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2019, 11:01 PM
I give up

Thanked 18,566 Times in 4,831 Posts

5 years ago, she was 11, still learning how to speak and write properly. And now we're to listen to her?

What kind of fool do they take me for?

Each and every one of her points (and a number of non essential items in her speech) can be addressed, dissected and refuted. It's probably not worth the trouble.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 04:08 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,269 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujet View Post
5 years ago, she was 11, still learning how to speak and write properly. And now we're to listen to her?

What kind of fool do they take me for?

Each and every one of her points (and a number of non essential items in her speech) can be addressed, dissected and refuted. It's probably not worth the trouble.
Do take the trouble. Go line by line and refute it. I posted the entire transcript.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:44 AM
Trapper

Quote:

Yes, I dispute your claim per the following link.

https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:7740750778

Other than travelling with her father she does not have a handler and is not financed by Soros.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:09 AM
cogito ergo sum

Thanked 193,181 Times in 39,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
No one, because I don't care. At this point I'm praying for global warming, or climate change, or whatever made-up term they want use. I'm praying for an ice age. Because it's high time we hit the reset button and wiped about 6 billion morons off the face of the earth.
A-MEN brother.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nefarious1 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Yes, I dispute your claim per the following link.

https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:7740750778

Other than travelling with her father she does not have a handler and is not financed by Soros.
And AP has been such a paragon of non-Fake news...
Did you notice the very end, as a supposed disclaimer:
This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.

Here’s more information on Facebook’s fact-checking program: https://www.facebook.com/help/1952307158131536
Hahahahah!! Facebook -- one of the digital/social media giants frequently and capriciously quashing conservative viewpoints. And AP works with them to "fact check". They're all quoting and checking with each other, bouncing crap back and forth til it becomes 'truth'. (Isn't that kinda how the Russia crud started... The Coup gets Yahoo to publish an article, then the get a FISA warrant, pointing at the Yahoo article as probable cause and suspicion, etc.)

What do you think Neubauer of the globalist One Movement is going to say? "Oh, yeah, you got me. We're completely telling Greta what to say. And, BTW, Mr Soros says 'Hi!'"???

Leftists M.O.: Deny, deny and lie. When caught, accuse YOU of the wrongdoing (racism, conspiracy mongering, etc.) for bring it up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 07:26 PM
Trapper

Quote:
And AP has been such a paragon of non-Fake news...
Did you notice the very end, as a supposed disclaimer:
This is part of The Associated Press’ ongoing effort to fact-check misinformation that is shared widely online, including work with Facebook to identify and reduce the circulation of false stories on the platform.

Here’s more information on Facebook’s fact-checking program: https://www.facebook.com/help/1952307158131536
Hahahahah!! Facebook -- one of the digital/social media giants frequently and capriciously quashing conservative viewpoints. And AP works with them to "fact check". They're all quoting and checking with each other, bouncing crap back and forth til it becomes 'truth'. (Isn't that kinda how the Russia crud started... The Coup gets Yahoo to publish an article, then the get a FISA warrant, pointing at the Yahoo article as probable cause and suspicion, etc.)

What do you think Neubauer of the globalist One Movement is going to say? "Oh, yeah, you got me. We're completely telling Greta what to say. And, BTW, Mr Soros says 'Hi!'"???

Leftists M.O.: Deny, deny and lie. When caught, accuse YOU of the wrongdoing (racism, conspiracy mongering, etc.) for bring it up.

Yeah, yeah, bla,bla. Your reply is word hash and said nothing. For the record, your last sentence does not fit the context of the conversation, simply a catch all phrase to fit an agenda
Old 10-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Proud Crusader

Thanked 6,066 Times in 1,441 Posts

This is all wrong.

I should'nt be here.
The Following User Says Thank You to bound for glory For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, bla,bla. Your reply is word hash and said nothing. For the record, your last sentence does not fit the context of the conversation, simply a catch all phrase to fit an agenda
I could say the same about your entire post.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:18 PM
Survivor

Greta probably knows about as much about CC/AGW as this poor puppie, and just as trained and misued/abused:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clocker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Survivor

Why does a know-nothing 16 year-old have a world-travelling job, speaking to big groups of (supposed) important people, while this academic at the University of Victoria in Canada, who does actual research in a relevant field (biology and anthropology), doesn't?

CC (climate change), meet CC (cancel culture). Apostasy will be severely punished!!

University dumps professor who found polar bears thriving despite climate change
...Her books include “The Polar Bear Catastrophe That Never Happened,” published in February, in which she said the bears are not threatened. She noted that the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s 2015 Red List of Threatened Species puts polar bear numbers at 22,000 to 31,000 despite a widespread belief that the population has dropped to a few thousand.