My Top 5 Home Defense Weapons List - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 10-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,951 Times in 928 Posts
Exclamation

Advertise Here

I watched this a few days ago and didnít have any serious issues with it!

The piece I expect that may get missed is the new house security plan that should include changing at least one lock on every outside door before you sleep in the house! All window locks should be checked as well! Many times Iíve seen windows with broken locks or closed incorrectly!

I took possession of a house one afternoon and by that evening had new locks on all the doors and reprogrammed the garage door opener to only work with the remotes I had in hand!

This eliminates previous owners friends not getting the word or careless key security by who ever might be involved!

All exterior doors should be strengthened as an early project.

Iíve heard of folks just walking in months later looking for the previous folks!

SD
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheepDog68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Just One More Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog68 View Post
I watched this a few days ago and didnít have any serious issues with it!

The piece I expect that may get missed is the new house security plan that should include changing at least one lock on every outside door before you sleep in the house! All window locks should be checked as well! Many times Iíve seen windows with broken locks or closed incorrectly!

I took possession of a house one afternoon and by that evening had new locks on all the doors and reprogrammed the garage door opener to only work with the remotes I had in hand!

This eliminates previous owners friends not getting the word or careless key security by who ever might be involved!

All exterior doors should be strengthened as an early project.

Iíve heard of folks just walking in months later looking for the previous folks!

SD
That last part happened to my family a few years ago. We had been renting that house for about 6 years at that point, and had changed the lock on the front door. The back door was a sliding glass with no external ability to unlock. Then there was a side door with a dead bolt and a regular tumbler in the handle. The old front door key opened the deadbolt, and the new one did the handle.
One night a friend of the old tenants was in town, and went out drinking. She ended up at our house, thinking it was still theirs. Her key didnít work on the front door, so she went to the side door, where she was able to operate the dead bolt, then push the latch open.

Stranger in your home at 2am on a Saturday. After a ďCome to JesusĒ encounter with a 1911, we got everything straightened out, and ended up giving her a ride to another friendís house in town. She came back in the morning and apologized.

Long way of saying that I agree with you there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcat In The Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 10:38 AM

Thanked 1,054 Times in 173 Posts

Definately agree with the idea of changing out the locks (which was one of the things we did within the first few days of living in our new home). I didn't add that in this video because the focus is primarily on home defense weapons, but I certainly will include it when I make a general home defense video.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:45 AM

Thanked 1,054 Times in 173 Posts

Has anyone had any experience with short shotguns like the Mossberg Shockwave or the Remington Tac 14? It appears that they were designed specifically for home defense applications, but it doesn't seem like too many people are utilizing them for that purpose (or any purpose).
Old 10-22-2019, 02:56 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,951 Times in 928 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSURocketScientist View Post
Has anyone had any experience with short shotguns like the Mossberg Shockwave or the Remington Tac 14? It appears that they were designed specifically for home defense applications, but it doesn't seem like too many people are utilizing them for that purpose (or any purpose).
Yes they work well with a little practice!

Rifle/slug sights help! Night sights help! A light helps!

Learn to shoot them as if they had a stock on them, not from the hip (Or where ever!) for best results!

SD
The Following User Says Thank You to SheepDog68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2019, 01:54 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSURocketScientist View Post
You'll find a more thorough discussion of the 14 inch barreled "not a shotgun"
firearms here:

https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48
The Following User Says Thank You to fflincher For This Useful Post: