Survivalist Forum banner

Red Flag strikes again...

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  The Dude1 
#1 ·
massachusetts-gun-seizure-based-on-the-word-of-a-waitress/

What did he say that got the waitress so worked up? She only heard PART of the conversation. Nichols is or was a crossing guard at the local school. He was criticizing the SRO for leaving his post during school hours. Then he said that “someone could shoot up the school while he was gone.” The waitress didn’t listen to the tone of voice or any of the surrounding conversation clues. She called police and reported him as a threat to the school. Nichols was fired from a job he loved.
While some seem pretty clear the "victim" of the Red Flag confiscations have made some loose comments or did some very questionable actions, this is another where the typical third-party creates a Red Flag confiscation, zero evidence, guy loses his job, and has to pay for an lawyer to prove he's innocent from doing nothing. Ironically, the police department did release the firearms to the guy's son-in-law...that actually surprises me.

Do I think the waitress over-reacted? Considering this is a 84 year old guy, yes. I don't have a huge issue with people raising concerns, but law enforcement has to find a better way to actually investigate before attacking one's constitutional rights with zero evidence of criminal activity or intent.

Nichols said the waitress made a complaint to Tisbury Police about what she overheard and on the strength of that, Saloio and another officer relieved Nichols of his crossing guard duties while he was in the midst of performing them and subsequently drove to his home and took away his firearms license and guns.
Hopefully this incident gets resolved, but where's the condemnation of the police department leadership and their decision to show up and embarrass and pretty much arrest and violate this gentleman's constitutional rights...right in front of kids and parents? For many, that would likely end in employment termination; simply unacceptable given the circumstances and how the police responded.

The more you dig, the more you find that banana-republic strategies are invading even smaller communities. Sound more like the police department had an axe to grind as they knew this individual, vetted him to work at the school, and even trained him:

Tisbury School Principal John Custer told The Times he was familiar with Nichols as a crossing guard but when asked if he knew of the Nichols’ situation, Custer responded by saying crossing guards are “hired, trained and scheduled, entirely by the police department.”
Again, it bears reminding to watch what you say and where you say it, and who you say it around...we are moving steadily towards the Communist utopian society with Nazi Germany snitches...

ROCK6

See less See more
#3 ·
Would you like to bet that the waitress was likely a progressive snowflake? Massachusetts is overrun with progressives and snowflakes.

I hope Stephen Nichols doesn't allow the MSM to bury this story. This is one that perhaps the NRA or another pro 2A group would defend.

I won't mention the ACLU. They would never defend actual civil rights like these being violated.

#9 ·
Bottom line..... Keep your damn mouth shut in public.

* Zero comments or conversations about guns.
* Zero comments or conversations about race.
* Zero comments or conversations about those with a different political stance.
* Zero comments or conversations about LBGTQ...XYZ.

I'm actually more concerned were the LibTards are headed with their war on Free Speech and Freedom of Religion, than the attack on the 2nd-A. A dumb comment about a gun in public will result in your gun safe being cleaned out. In the near future, a dumb comment about a race or LBGTQXZY will result in a Class 6 Felony, a weekend in a cell and "Re-Education Classes" to teach you openness and tolerance.... and then all your guns confiscated.

And this **** is happening so fast it is blinding..... We are headed this direction in months.... not years.

Christians (or even Muslims) saying anything about marriage only being between a man and a woman will be viewed as a hate crime.

#14 ·
Bottom line..... Keep your damn mouth shut in public.

* Zero comments or conversations about guns.
* Zero comments or conversations about race.
* Zero comments or conversations about those with a different political stance.
* Zero comments or conversations about LBGTQ...XYZ.
I agree!

I have been banned from visiting Target (by my wife) after I loudly proclaimed that I couldn't find the men's section because they've taken all gender-identifiers out of the store. lol. On a serious note, I get where you're coming from, but unless we say something, either:

1) the general public thinks the way they're being told to act/think/talk is correct because everybody appears to be on board, or
2) free-thinking individuals feel like they're alone in their counter-culture perspective

Besides, the liberal-minded folks are very vocal and direct with their agenda, why can't conservatives be the same for what they believe in?

#10 ·
If we see this kind of thing happening now, what do you think we will see once the liberal cult acquires the absolute power it seeks?

Groundwork was being laid for these thoughtcrime laws as far back as the 80s (and even before that). One part of that is the doctrine called political correctness (this term was being used in colleges even in the 80s and by communists long before that). How many people have gone through school with this threat constantly hanging over their heads? Once they are raised that way, it just seems normal.

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted." Vladimir Lenin

Hate crimes and hate speech added to the groundwork. Now we see what is being built on it. And based on that, we can get a good idea of what will be built.

I have said many times that as the liberal cult completes its war machine a time will come when the liberal thought police have real police power. With red flag laws that time is here. But do not think that where we are today is the final destination; it is just another step along the way to absolute despotism, and only a blind fool can't see it.

Tyranny does not always come running at you with an ugly face yelling I AM A TYRANT!!! More often in today's world it comes in a thousand smiley-faced baby steps, every one of them promising to do something nice for us, or something necessary for our big brother to protect us. Red flag laws are a textbook example of this.

I think it's important to point out that these thoughtcrime laws will be used to disarm patriots (and in fact are being sold for this purpose), and anyone else who is not a woke liberal (with woke meaning having succumbed totally to liberal indoctrination, with no critical thinking ability left). All those who want to rule over us need to disarm are the patriots after all; there is no reason for them to disarm those they already control.

"One man with a gun can control 100 without one." Vladimir Lenin

At the same time we are being sold this thoughtcrime legislation we are also being hit with a propaganda blitz telling us that the white nationalist is the most dangerous terrorist of all. The House even had hearings on it. And any close look at this propaganda shows that white nationalist is libealspeak for patriot. So the patriot is the most dangerous of all terrorists, and government has the authority to disarm dangerous people. What does that add up to?

As the liberal cult completes its war machine, the possibility of patriots uniting and defending the Republic with armed resistance to liberal aggression becomes more likely. The enemy of freedom knows this. The most effective strategy of political war used by the liberal cult is the importation of a million third world poor a year, who vote overwhelmingly liberal (meaning marxist) generation after generation; this is the biggest reason for America's shift to the left in the last few decades. Anyone who speaks out against this strategy of political war is called a white nationalist. See how this works?

Even President Trump and his supporters are called white nationalists by liberal propagandists. This makes clear who will be targeted by these thoughtcrime laws.

I think it's a big mistake for patriots to just say well I guess that's how it is now, so we better not speak out against these things. As I have said before, that's like keeping your head down and staying behind cover while someone is shooting at you instead of using your weapon to shoot back. If you keep your head down your enemy will just move in on you and move around your cover and kill you or capture you. Usually it's better to take some risk to do what you can to stop the enemy from advancing on you than to just hunker down, and that applies very much to how patriots should respond to the aggression of the liberal cult.

It has often been said that a time might come when we either use our Second Amendment right to bear arms in defense of our country, or lose that right. The same thing applies to our First Amendment rights. You think it's bad now? It can get a whole lot worse I assure you, and those who hunker down now and fear to speak out about this aggression will wish they had fought back. If we don't use our First Amendment rights now out of fear of our government, how likely is it that we will use our Second Amendment rights later?

And we will lose much more than those rights. We will lose every bit of our freedom, if we do not use the freedom we still have to defend America from this enemy advance.

Freedom has something in common with money (and sex and other things): if you have a lot of it you don't think it's a big deal; only when you don't have it do you realize what a really big deal it is. But once we have lost ours and realize this, it will be too late to get it back.

We often wonder why the Jews didn't fight back instead of walking peacefully into the gas chambers. But when we see what's happening in America today we don't have to wonder about that anymore. It seems to be human nature. I thought America was different. But maybe the liberal indoctrination in the schools and the incessant propaganda from liberal media have managed to change America from the home of the brave into the home of the coward, and because of that America will no longer be the land of the free.

But maybe is a big word. I still hold out hope that patriots will stop being threatened into silence, and will rise up and stop this aggression before it's too late. Eric Pratt of GOA said he was told by patriot congressmen that patriot letters and calls did stop, or at least delay, federal red flag legislation. We need to keep doing that, and increase our efforts.

#11 ·
Again, it bears reminding to watch what you say and where you say it, and who you say it around...we are moving steadily towards the Communist utopian society with Nazi Germany snitches...

ROCK6
It's thought control and if people accept that then they've already lost. Yes, RFL's are a reality, but not impossible to outsmart. IMO everyone should have a cheap safe full of nerf guns.

#20 ·
Yes, it is thought control, but until individuals have protections that won't get them fired, loose clearances, have $1000's set aside for an attorney, or have the time to spend months screwing around with charges and a justice system that doesn't quite reflect justice or the jurisprudence of "innocent until proven guilty", I still stand by the fact that it's "freedom's beware". I agree with you, but I'm not in a position to disregard what I say, to who or around whom, and where. I have to be a realist in my occupation and unfortunately sacrifice some freedoms to keep others I deem more important. Your point is valid, not denying it...but the current affairs of red flag laws are a very real threat to gun owners not in a position to ignore their impacts.

Victims should also start filing civil lawsuits against their accusers. Probably get tossed really quick, but you'd already be paying for a lawyer and it would force the accusers to eat the cost of a retainer at the very least.
This is an important part of the equation. We have a lot of anti-2A, social justice warriors and the more they're enabled, the more they'll attack others' civil and constitutional rights. Heck, if you're paying for an attorney to defend yourself on half-truths and single-source, unverified, unvetted, and third-party allegations, you might as well throw in a counter-suit for libel and defamation. This isn't just about your guns, it's about your reputation in a community and for some, a serious threat to one's occupation.

I'm sure Red Flag Laws are designed to protect the "whistle-blower" and law enforcement, but this is something that needs to be addressed as I would throw all in on a libel lawsuit.

That's what it was looking like, but even a vindictive police chief or department using "red flag laws" is exactly why we don't need red flag laws.

ROCK6

#13 ·
This dosen't surprise me any more.

I keep waiting to hear about my ex, he lives in Pennsylvania now, he was always threatening to kill me and other people or blow something up. Man just could not keep his mouth shut.

And no, i'm not that vindictive. As long as he leaves me alone the better I like it. Haven't heard from him in several months. Last time I talked to him he called and asked me if I had learned my lesson and was ready to come back to him. I just busted out laughing and he called me a biatch and hung up on me.

#17 ·
He's already been reinstated and there seems to be more to the story. Something personal going on there. I'm guessing he'll get the firearm back too?http://tbdailynews.com/tisbury-police-chief-reinstates-veteran-crossing-guard-after-illegally-confiscating-guns-new-principal-is-married-to-school-resource-officer-who-was-criticized/
https://www.mvtimes.com/news/

Tisbury Police Chief Reinstates Veteran Crossing Guard After Illegally Confiscating Guns, New Principal Is Married To School Resource Officer Who Was Criticized

#22 ·
The direction of this country is absurd... we have how many presidential candidates basing the majority of their campaigns on banning AR15's... the "weapons of war". Yet in 2018 only 297 people were killed by rifles in total... 2018 numbers aren't available yet, but in 2017 10,874 people were killed in DUI crashes... not a peep... this is about confiscation and disarming Americans for the next step... the foremost problem is that there are too many STUPID voters. Instead of making a strong united statement by voting ALL of these career politicians out of office... it will fall on the shoulders of the few enlightened patriots to protect the future of this country and the lives of its citizens. Most will cowar as they dont want to be labelled criminals.. the few that stand will be remembered as hero's. It's very disheartening that so many Americans have defaulted on their civic duties. They pay more attention to outspoken proponents of deviant lifestyles and promises that have been shown historically to be wrought with malicious intentions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.