Cheap FAL - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 08-18-2019, 10:58 PM

Advertise Here

https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...he-free-world/
The “Right Arm of the Free World,” the FAL earned that moniker during a half-century serving some 90 nations, in more than 30 conflicts.

https://specialoperations.com/28765/...-battle-rifle/
‘The Right Arm of the Free World,’ as it’s been affectionately called, may rightfully claim its place as being the greatest rifle that answered the call during those uncertain days of the Cold War.

Yes, the H&K 91 and it's clones are great rifles but it was never used in as many conflicts or by as many countries as the FN-FAL and it's variations. No, the H&K 91 is not as easy to field strip as a FN-FAL. "Pull the pins and stick them in the holes. Pop the butt stock off and lay it aside, etc. etc". I flip the lever on the side of my STG-58 (FN-FAL variant) and the rifle breaks open and exposes everything. There's no loose parts laying around or stuck in holes until I pull the bolt/carrier.

The H&K91 and it's clones are Main Battle Rifles, like the FN-FAL. As such, it is designed to run even when filthy. That means, among other things, that the gas system operates at maximum pressure. It has to be in order to cycle even when its very dirty. Another reason that it runs at max pressure is because ammo may be a lower quality. That high power extraction/recoil makes it very hard on the brass casings. Dented cases, pulled apart rims, etc. don't matter if you don't reload. Yeah you can tune the extractor, put in a recoil buffer, use a heavier recoil spring, etc. but the cause of the problem can not be fixed!

The FN-FAL and it's variants have an adjustable gas system. I can adjust it from #1 thru #7 just by turning a knob. High powered machine gun ammo? Turn the gas system down. Low powered commercial ammo? Turn it up. Dirty? Turn it up. Plus, the recoil is affected too. Tune the gas system to run the ammo being used and the recoil is soft. My little bitty ten year old Grand Daughter couldn't even hold the rifle to aim it but would burn thru mags on the bench and ask for more.

The FN-FAl has a last round fired bolt hold open, an adjustable gas system, can be charged while laying prone without taking it from your shoulder, opens up by flicking a lever with my thumb, will drop undamaged cases into a coffee can, has a bolt release that be flicked by my finger without removing my hands from the firing position, field strips better and is more ruggedly built. The H&K 91 is a fine rifle without a doubt. My STG-58 is better!
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Wulfthang For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 PM
Space Force Recruit

Thanked 1,745 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfthang View Post
https://www.tactical-life.com/firear...he-free-world/
The “Right Arm of the Free World,” the FAL earned that moniker during a half-century serving some 90 nations, in more than 30 conflicts.

https://specialoperations.com/28765/...-battle-rifle/
‘The Right Arm of the Free World,’ as it’s been affectionately called, may rightfully claim its place as being the greatest rifle that answered the call during those uncertain days of the Cold War.

Yes, the H&K 91 and it's clones are great rifles but it was never used in as many conflicts or by as many countries as the FN-FAL and it's variations. No, the H&K 91 is not as easy to field strip as a FN-FAL. "Pull the pins and stick them in the holes. Pop the butt stock off and lay it aside, etc. etc". I flip the lever on the side of my STG-58 (FN-FAL variant) and the rifle breaks open and exposes everything. There's no loose parts laying around or stuck in holes until I pull the bolt/carrier.

The H&K91 and it's clones are Main Battle Rifles, like the FN-FAL. As such, it is designed to run even when filthy. That means, among other things, that the gas system operates at maximum pressure. It has to be in order to cycle even when its very dirty. Another reason that it runs at max pressure is because ammo may be a lower quality. That high power extraction/recoil makes it very hard on the brass casings. Dented cases, pulled apart rims, etc. don't matter if you don't reload. Yeah you can tune the extractor, put in a recoil buffer, use a heavier recoil spring, etc. but the cause of the problem can not be fixed!

The FN-FAL and it's variants have an adjustable gas system. I can adjust it from #1 thru #7 just by turning a knob. High powered machine gun ammo? Turn the gas system down. Low powered commercial ammo? Turn it up. Dirty? Turn it up. Plus, the recoil is affected too. Tune the gas system to run the ammo being used and the recoil is soft. My little bitty ten year old Grand Daughter couldn't even hold the rifle to aim it but would burn thru mags on the bench and ask for more.

The FN-FAl has a last round fired bolt hold open, an adjustable gas system, can be charged while laying prone without taking it from your shoulder, opens up by flicking a lever with my thumb, will drop undamaged cases into a coffee can, has a bolt release that be flicked by my finger without removing my hands from the firing position, field strips better and is more ruggedly built. The H&K 91 is a fine rifle without a doubt. My STG-58 is better!
I don't see a point on debating you with the trivialities about the function of our rifles because at the end of the day all that matters is we like our guns, we're not giving them up because some talking mouth on the TV says they're bad, and they do the same job.

The point I was trying to make about the "Right arm of the Free world" thing the FAL so often gets labeled with is not exactly accurate. Plenty of countries that use the FAL are not exactly known for their protection of civil rights, like Saudi Arabia and Libya. Now, the G3 and the FAL have been used by many of the same countries and both are currently in service at the same time as well.

The numbers aren't exact but the FAL is somewhere in the low 90s and G3 is right there behind it at something like 86, 87 countries are currently using them, and the G3 has been fielded in more conflicts globally because HK was more about the money than the PR nightmare of selling guns directly to terrorists, which they got in to deep doodoo for.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:56 AM
Survivor

Thanked 12,184 Times in 4,918 Posts

“The Right Arm of the Free World” is a stupid headline probably from a 1980’s SOF Magazine.
It’s stupid.

The warlords in Africa using them to kill entire villages weren’t and aren’t about freedom.
It’s just a tired old stupid saying that is utter hogwash.

You probably have “Rock out with your Glock out” stickers on your car don’t you?
Old 08-19-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.5x55 Swiss View Post
I don't see a point on debating you with the trivialities about the function of our rifles because at the end of the day all that matters is we like our guns, we're not giving them up because some talking mouth on the TV says they're bad, and they do the same job.
You are absolutely correct! If and/or when it comes to that, I'll be thankful for anybody next to me no matter what firearm they have!!! Thank you for reminding me of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Israel Putnam View Post
“The Right Arm of the Free World” is a stupid headline probably from a 1980’s SOF Magazine.
It’s stupid.

The warlords in Africa using them to kill entire villages weren’t and aren’t about freedom.
It’s just a tired old stupid saying that is utter hogwash.

You probably have “Rock out with your Glock out” stickers on your car don’t you?
What's with the insults? Are you forced to resort to them because you're unable to respond in a discussion due to your lack of intelligence or are you a Troll trying to get heated response? You probably have "Loser" bumper stickers on your Big Wheel. Hush now. The grownups are talking.

And no, I don't have have bumper stickers on my car, Glock or otherwise. I don't even own a Glock....Well kind of. I have a partial Glock. It's a Glock 34 top end on a "CCF Race Frame" and mine runs very well.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Survivor

Quote:
You are absolutely correct! If and/or when it comes to that, I'll be thankful for anybody next to me no matter what firearm they have!!! Thank you for reminding me of that!

What's with the insults? Are you forced to resort to them because you're unable to respond in a discussion due to your lack of intelligence or are you a Troll trying to get heated response? You probably have "Loser" bumper stickers on your Big Wheel. Hush now. The grownups are talking.

And no, I don't have have bumper stickers on my car, Glock or otherwise. I don't even own a Glock....Well kind of. I have a partial Glock. It's a Glock 34 top end on a "CCF Race Frame" and mine runs very well.
Those weren’t insults, you’re just overly sensitive.
I’m sarcastic in real life, sorry that you have never been exposed to it in yours.

And do you really want to get into intelligence when you are quoting the cover of SOF magazine?
Old 08-20-2019, 05:50 PM

Ah yes the standard answer of the bully who gets called out. "You're just overly sensitive". However, since this is the Internet, you're not really bullying are you? You're trolling. In real life, you probably have a black mask and helmet in the closet of your Mommies basement. Go back to your video games and fantasies child, before some grownup makes you cry. Having a battle of the wits with you is very unfair since you're an unarmed combatant.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Ah yes the standard answer of the bully who gets called out. "You're just overly sensitive". However, since this is the Internet, you're not really bullying are you? You're trolling. In real life, you probably have a black mask and helmet in the closet of your Mommies basement. Go back to your video games and fantasies child, before some grownup makes you cry. Having a battle of the wits with you is very unfair since you're an unarmed combatant.
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

I think we’ve found another NV sock puppet account though.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:46 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,003 Times in 493 Posts

Owned a HK91 and a FAL at the same time and sold the HK91. Didn't find the controls on the 91 as ergonomic as the FAL.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk