Israel's Urban Survival - Part II - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GHB: The Winter Package merlinfire Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 64 11-08-2017 04:04 PM
Exciting Vortex Delivery Just Arrived Including Gen II PST's gr8fuldoug Camera Land 0 02-20-2017 02:18 PM
Appropriating Supplies ? Part II AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 11-15-2016 09:30 PM
Smith & Wesson Fire Striker With Survival Kit (SWFS1) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 10-21-2016 11:14 AM

Old 07-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Trapper

Thanked 2,197 Times in 659 Posts

Advertise Here

My oh my, so what are the news in Israel these days? Well, they're actually not that great, that's what. And this time, we can't even blame our enemies on it! Yep, it's all on us.

So a few days earlier a police officer accidently shot and killed an ethiopian-jew that attacked with stones and bricks both the police officer and his family. How do you accidently shoot and kill someone you probably ask?

Ok so here goes. In Israel you can't make a warning shot into the air in urban areas because... you know... windows. So to make a warning shot you aim it at the ground and fire. That's what the officer did. Unfortunately that shot rickochetted back at his assailant and... well... hit his heart. Dude went more dead than the night king.

That led to huge violen riots of ethiopean-jews, who complain on racist behaviour from the police. Assaults, vandalism, several close-calls and many people arrested were all the results of said riots. That went on for several days, then the rioters took several days off for the mourning process of the dead dude's family, and today they are supposed to renew the huliganism.

Innocent people were attacked (men and women), cars were burnt, one police officer (that I know of) was seriously injured and well... more to come.

Stay tuned ladies and gentlemen for more news from the holy land.

(SOMEBODY TAKE ME AWAY FROM HERE!!!! THE PEOPLE HERE ARE MAD! MAD I TELL YOU! MAD!!!!!)
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2019, 10:57 AM

Love your posts mate. Hopefully someday can buy you a beer in Israel! Greetings from Australia.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to woobla For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2019, 03:37 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by woobla View Post
Love your posts mate. Hopefully someday can buy you a beer in Israel! Greetings from Australia.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk
I never say no to a free beer. If you're ever in Israel gimme a shout.

I'll show you the best hummus in Israel. THE BEST!

Edit: This will NOT be a date. I'm married and if my wife will find out I'm a dead man!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 07:55 AM
Trapper

Today the IDF shot and killed a Hammas member today as he and another member were sneaking (while armed) to the wall separating between Gaza and Israel. The Hammas have informed that such Israeli aggression shall not go unpunished and like... I don't know... unfollowed us on twitter or something.

Also today at work I realized that if I eat enough hummus at lunch I don't even want to eat hummus for dinner. Well that just blew my mind ladies and gentlemen. Blew... my... mind!

Somebody should really make a reality tv show out of all this. You know... like Jersey Shore? Would be awesome.

Stay tuned!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2019, 03:50 AM
Trapper

Ok then so what's going on in Israel you ask?

Well yesterday a soldier was kidnapped as he was going home (wearing civilian clothes). Today his body was found, stabbed to death.

Also yesterday an incendiary baloon was launched to Israel from Gaza and set fire in a forest.

Meanwhile our government is paralyzed since during the last election Netanyahu couldn't form a government, so we're all with a temporary one until re-elections next month.

That ofcourse effects the military since at the moment we have a temporary minister of defense, and no one has a clear guide lines for the years to come.

Add to that the fact that many key politicians (including Netanyahu) are currently under criminal investigation, and the future of our little slice of paradise is even less certain.

But the good news are, I don't think that there are any signs of a zombie apocalypse so I'm not running and buying machetes just yet. Yay!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2019, 02:09 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 23,008 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadExample View Post
But the good news are, I don't think that there are any signs of a zombie apocalypse so I'm not running and buying machetes just yet. Yay!
A good well balanced saber, is better than a machete.
It gives you a bit more reach.

I have handled a lot of swords & sabers in my day.

My favorite is a vintage type 32 Japanese calvary saber.

Lightweight, agile, will take a razor edge, & sever an arm or head if you have a strong swing arm. Over the years have collected several of them.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:50 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,163 Times in 3,386 Posts

How's Eilat these days?
Old City?
Old 08-12-2019, 05:54 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old fart View Post
How's Eilat these days?
Old City?
I'll be honest - Eilat is way too expensive and not fun enough to be worth it in my opinion. To compare the cost of a trip to Eilat I can actually fly to Greece and enjoy far a far better vacation, for less money.

There are some nice desert locations to visit around Eilat for day trips and the like, if you're into that sort of thing, but the beaches are so full of people that to me it is too crowded to be comfortable.

About the old city, well... I'll be honest, I'm staying as far away of that place as I can. I just don't feel safe enough there.

BUT - if you want an authentic Israeli experience, that's one of the places to go to.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadExample For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2019, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 23,008 Times in 7,107 Posts

Quote:
There are some nice desert locations to visit around Eilat for day trips and the like, if you're into that sort of thing, but the beaches are so full of people that to me it is too crowded to be comfortable.

About the old city, well... I'll be honest, I'm staying as far away of that place as I can. I just don't feel safe enough there.

BUT - if you want an authentic Israeli experience, that's one of the places to go to.
I no longer feel at ease in any crowded situation, where I as a tall fair haired Caucasian American stand out like a banana in a bowl of grapes (read easily targeted). Much more so, if the local population is primarily Muslim & kidnappings, stabbings & bombings are relatively commonplace.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 PM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,163 Times in 3,386 Posts

Quote:
I'll be honest - Eilat is way too expensive and not fun enough to be worth it in my opinion. To compare the cost of a trip to Eilat I can actually fly to Greece and enjoy far a far better vacation, for less money.

I'm sad to hear that. I have great memories of both places, and we seriously considered retiring over there.

Eilat used to be cheap, but that was before inflation started in earnest, they devalued the Shekel, and issued new currency We used a money changer instead of the bank to avoid fees/better exchange rate if we needed local currency for something specific. $$$ was happily taken pretty much everywhere except Gaza and WB. Miss the fun of haggling over everything